PDA

View Full Version : guess who just bought a plane ticket to Palm Springs for April 25/29

betao
02-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Me.

i'm officially going to coachella this year.

yes, I had to make a thread about it. This is awesome news (for me, at least).

oh, and I don't have a problem with this thread turning into a "silly picture sensation" thread.

proceed.

leo01g
02-07-2008, 08:39 PM
from where are you coming?

MarkO
02-07-2008, 08:39 PM
There is nothing on the AP wire about this.

betao
02-07-2008, 08:41 PM
I am venturing all the way from Richmond, Virginia. This will be my first coachella.

MarkO
02-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Srsly? I thought you were a regular.

betao
02-07-2008, 09:01 PM
I joined the board last February when I read that RATM was reuniting. I didn't plan to stay long, but I found this board quite interesting in keeping up in the world of music (and, through this board, I have been introduced to alot of good music). I couldnt make it out to coachella last year (still in high school, didnt have money, and alot of other reasons), so I told myself last fall that I would do everything it took to go this year. As soon as I read Kraftwerk on the bill, I knew I would be going.

MarkO
02-07-2008, 09:02 PM
/\ Good stuff man.

betao
02-07-2008, 09:04 PM
indeed. I am greatly looking forward to this experience, and hope that this weekend is the highlight of the year for me.

if i could go back in time, I would have done anything humanly possible to go in 2004.

whynotsmile99
02-07-2008, 09:49 PM
aw man, first time is always the best.

You wont soon forget it!

i'm dragging a lot of my friends who havent gone before with me this year. Everyone's in for a quite a weekend

Sonicifyouwantit
02-07-2008, 09:52 PM
once you go you'll be hooked, see my signature...

betao
02-07-2008, 10:02 PM
oh i'm sure. I've only been to one music festival before, and that was V-fest last august. It was cool, but I expected a bit more.

I'm ready for the awesomeness that is coachella.

rage patton
02-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Seriously? You havent been to Coachella before?

I swear I thought you said you saw The Prodigy at Coachella 05?

betao
02-07-2008, 10:44 PM
nah, I saw the Prodigy in 06 when they did a small US tour. It was my favorite band ever, and my first real "concert". It was quite magical.

I do have prodigy's 05 coachella performance (the audio), in very good quality that I uploaded last novemember I think. Maybe thats where.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-07-2008, 11:07 PM
oh i'm sure. I've only been to one music festival before, and that was V-fest last august. It was cool, but I expected a bit more.

I'm ready for the awesomeness that is coachella.

This will be my first coachella too. Last year I couldn't make it cause of work. I did go to the Vfest in Baltimore too. It was ok... I had a bad experience with my hotel saturday night (they gave someone else our room) so sunday sucked. we got to the festival around 5 cause we didnt sleep shit. Did you have problems getting from the fest to your hotel after each night ended??? It was fucking insane. Baltimore sucks. Anyways, I have been wanting to go to Coachella since forever, but was to young/$$$ now that coming from ES is really expensive. Now I have enough money and have sweet talked tons of people to go with me. Had some friends convinced to spend the money, but then the lineup came up... and many where tremendously dissapointed. (take in mind that radio stations in my country don't play any indie music AT ALL). Still, i will be there with a couple of people, I'm counting the days to the fest. I just hope more artists get added.

betao
02-07-2008, 11:31 PM
We took a bus back to our hotel on the first night. The 2nd night we couldnt find a bus, so we took a cab instead. What bands did you check out at VFest?

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-07-2008, 11:41 PM
saturday: Fratellis, Incubus, LCD Soundsystem (half of the set), Beastie Boys and the Police.
sunday: Infected Mushroom, YYYs, Interpol and SP.
It totally sucked that they placed SP, 311 and M.I.A. at the same time! Still, I had a great time, but I know that this year Coachella will forever spoil my festival experiences for the future.

betao
02-07-2008, 11:47 PM
saturday, I caught Shout Out Out Out Out, Booka Shade, Petalpushers, Felix Da Housecat, LCD Soundsystem, a bit of Beastie Boys, and the Police

sunday I caught EITS, James Zabiela, Dieselboy, Infected Mushroom, some of TCM and Deep Dish, a bit of Wu-Tang and velvet revolver, and SP.

The SP, 311 and MIA conflict was easy for me - i didnt really care for MIA nor 311, and have a bit of an interest in SP (even though I didnt think they were all that great)

I had a good time, and since its only a 3 hour drive away, i'll probably go again next year if i like the lineup. i might also have a free place to stay in baltimore, so we'll see how that works out.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-07-2008, 11:49 PM
It really sucked that LCD played at 5pm and at the South Stage. They should have played the dance tent at night.

betao
02-07-2008, 11:51 PM
I could not agree more. The crowd during their set sucked. Majorly. They were an act I was really looking forward to, and the crowd/setting ruined it. I would love to go see them again, but in an indoors venue where they are headlining.

M Sparks
02-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Me.

Awww...I was totally going to say you. Way to spoil the fun right off the bat.

betao
02-08-2008, 10:00 AM
yeah, i try. sorry mate.

instinct
02-08-2008, 02:27 PM
damn.. can't believe you have never been.. especially with a high post count like that.

Blinken
02-08-2008, 05:03 PM
yeah that is crazy, you are going to have a great time. I went last year for the first with my younger brothers, this year they bailed because of money and the lineup. But i am draging some friends who have never been before.

ThomThom
02-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Congrats Betao...Can the funny pictures start now?

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-08-2008, 07:29 PM
http://uath.org/images/funny/2006-04/pope_funny.jpg

betao
02-08-2008, 08:22 PM
haha nice.

betao
02-08-2008, 08:22 PM
damn.. can't believe you have never been.. especially with a high post count like that.

you can thank boring and pointless classes in high school for my high post count.

instinct
02-08-2008, 08:30 PM
fatboy slim is fucking in heaven.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-09-2008, 08:10 AM
I am venturing all the way from Richmond, Virginia. This will be my first coachella.

what the hell? Dude, I thought you had been to at least one????

betao
02-09-2008, 02:40 PM
nope. Never said I had, maybe I mentioned somewhere that I hadnt, who knows.

but this will be my first, and I am getting more excited every day.