PDA

View Full Version : Jay-Z and Mary J Blige...?

omg wtf bbq
02-07-2008, 03:54 PM
MARY J. BLIGE & JAY-Z: HEART OF THE CITY 2008 TOUR
March 22 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena
March 26 Baltimore, MD 1st Mariner Arena
March 27 Uniondale, NY Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
March 28 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center
March 30 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center
April 2 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
April 3 Boston, MA TD Banknorth Garden
April 5 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum
April 6 Washington, DC Verizon Center
April 16 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl

mmmm possible?

humanoid
02-07-2008, 04:09 PM
I can't imagine how bad Jay-z....or any hip hop for that matter, would sound at the Hollywood Bowl......not knocking him or hip hop, its just that place isn't built for beats & rhymes...

Sexecutioner
02-07-2008, 05:40 PM
I can't imagine how bad Jay-z....or any hip hop for that matter, would sound at the Hollywood Bowl......not knocking him or hip hop, its just that place isn't built for beats & rhymes...

its got great acoustics, which i would think means sound in general. how would it be worse for different types of music?

edit: like, i dont think different frequencies of sound would be worse, but i could be wrong.

WeGoSublime
02-07-2008, 06:31 PM
that would be the best thing since i dreamed jackson 5 got added

Trick Loves The Kids
02-07-2008, 06:53 PM
well they'd probably announce coachella before the tour. although sunday has like 10 bands on it so anything is possible. but yeah jay-z would be sickasfuckkkkk

humanoid
02-07-2008, 07:24 PM
its got great acoustics, which i would think means sound in general. how would it be worse for different types of music?

edit: like, i dont think different frequencies of sound would be worse, but i could be wrong.

personally, I feel that the place is built for Orchestral works....I'm not claiming any specific knowledge of it's acoustics or anything like that..but in the many concerts I've been to, I have rarely enjoyed a show at the Hollywood Bowl...the sound has never been right in my opinion....this definitely excludes shows where the band has been backed by the LA Phil, as that fills out the sound amazingly.....Belle & Sebastian, The Decemberists & Bright Eyes all sounded good there, with the backing of the orchestra...

also in my opinion, live hip hop rarely sounds good in a large outdoor setting...never has to me

Gyrus
02-07-2008, 10:26 PM
fuck yeah sounds like coachella is getting even better.....

maybe another linkin park jay z combo..... oooooohhh

HunterGather
02-07-2008, 11:20 PM
I knew tickets would be expensive, but ranging from $39 to $350 :o
I wonder if its worth it to drive/head on a train to Miami to get meh seats.

ThomThom
02-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Anybody know what the hell the Jay-Z/Blige password is for CitiCard users on ticketmaster for the Bowl show?

JustSteve
02-08-2008, 10:42 AM
kiis

chawns
02-08-2008, 10:44 AM
fuck yeah sounds like coachella is getting even better.....

maybe another linkin park jay z combo..... oooooohhh

linkin park needs to stay away from jigga

Sushov23
02-08-2008, 12:54 PM
How good are the views at the hollywood bowl? Yeah I've never been

garrett222
02-10-2008, 10:54 PM
views of what..you can see the hollywood sign in the distance...if you're in the bleachers you can see the screens of the performers...but not the performers too much..it's ok. doesn't live up to the hype...sigur ros sounded not as good as they did in a theatre