PDA

View Full Version : how late will the latest show probably go?

SGT Killjoy
02-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Just wondering, cause at Bonnaroo they have had a Dj play all night til like 6am, or when the sun rose.

PotVsKtl
02-07-2008, 03:11 PM
12. Delete.

Trick Loves The Kids
02-07-2008, 04:07 PM
12:25 at latest

mountmccabe
02-07-2008, 09:13 PM
The noise curfew says everything shuts down at midnight.

Things have gone over a little bit in the past. Examples:

2003 the Mojave was running late at the Libertines didn't start until almost 12:30 pm. They played a song and a half before the power was cut and security filled the tent kicking us out.
2004 the Cure played half an hour past the noise curfew and got fined for it.
2006 Art Brut ran a bit late and talked about how they were being fined something like $1000 per minute. I/Eddie could be wrong on that figure.

I don't think anybody ran past midnight in 2007.

But, yeah, unless things change significantly - and we have no indication that they will - there will be nothing of the Festival planned for after midnight.

JustSteve
02-07-2008, 09:22 PM
pretty sure last year they had tiesto play a little longer than what he signed up for. if i recall, he actually demanded more money to extend his set. they did it to ease the crush of people leaving, so the parking lot would not be such a mess.

woogie846
02-07-2008, 09:28 PM
It's supposed to end at 12, but sometimes acts leak over.

rage patton
02-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Gogol Bordello ended at 12:10 last year.

M Sparks
02-08-2008, 07:26 AM
Gogol Bordello ended at 12:10 last year.

Yes, and DJ Shadow was still on as we left after Gogol.

Actually, considering he was on the Outdoor Theater, he had probably just started. :)

M Sparks
02-08-2008, 07:29 AM
2004 the Cure played half an hour past the noise curfew and got fined for it.

They must budget for that. I saw them in Phoenix that year, and they did like 2 more encores after noise curfew. At the end of the next to the last encore, Robert said "We might be back, we need to check with someone."

mountmccabe
02-08-2008, 04:04 PM
I was at that Phoenix show too. They played forever.

Trick Loves The Kids
02-08-2008, 04:30 PM
shadow played till 12:20 or so, just like daft

M Sparks
02-08-2008, 05:35 PM

And they played "Forever". ;)

noisemachine
02-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Didn't they pull the plug on Black Star in 2005?

Weatherman
02-10-2008, 12:04 AM

Just thinking about this one.

Did anyone go past the curfew on the first day in 2004? I remember it being around midnight while leaving and still hearing some of MF Doom going on, but I could be wrong.

BeHereNOW
02-10-2008, 12:27 AM
2003 the Mojave was running late at the Libertines didn't start until almost 12:30 pm. They played a song and a half before the power was cut and security filled the tent kicking us out.

i would love to be kicked out that time after libertinesss
=$

Kateski
02-10-2008, 02:13 AM
So nothing else goes on after midnight? Not even silent disco fun-ness?? Cos that ain't noisy :p

amyzzz
02-10-2008, 05:31 AM
Yeah. I think we left after the 2nd encore. I heard they played 2 more encores.

M Sparks
02-10-2008, 05:58 AM
Only three total, but the last one was "Forever." How often do you get to hear that live? (For me, once.)

It did seem like a really long show, but it might have been because the openers started at 5pm. I'm pretty sure they played longer on Wild Mood Swings tour, but they didn't have any openers. I think they did like 32 songs that year.

Still no word on that Dodge show. I'm so paranoid I'm going to miss it...it'll sell out pretty quick.

AbundantChoice
02-10-2008, 06:48 AM

Yup. I remember Mos Def *pleading* to play more. "Hell, I'll pay the fines out of my own pocket! Let's keep this going! I'll pay the fines! C'mon!"

Memorial_07
02-10-2008, 07:08 AM
pretty sure last year they had tiesto play a little longer than what he signed up for. if i recall, he actually demanded more money to extend his set. they did it to ease the crush of people leaving, so the parking lot would not be such a mess.

Tiesto was scheduled for an hour...he played for 50 minutes because RHCP went a little bit over their time slot.

mountmccabe
02-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Only three total, but the last one was "Forever." How often do you get to hear that live? (For me, once.)

It did seem like a really long show, but it might have been because the openers started at 5pm. I'm pretty sure they played longer on Wild Mood Swings tour, but they didn't have any openers. I think they did like 32 songs that year.

Still no word on that Dodge show. I'm so paranoid I'm going to miss it...it'll sell out pretty quick.

It was the overall lineup that drew me to Curiosa. I love the Cure but this was only 4 months after their lengthy set at Coachella. Even at this point I am not planning on seeing them at the Dodge. At any rate back in 2004 I was more excited about seeing Mogwai, the Cooper Temple Clause, Interpol and Cursive.

And, just cause we're talking about it, here is their full setlist:

Plainsong
Shake Dog Shake
Labyrinth
From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
The End of the World
Anniversary
Lovesong
Inbetween Days
Push
Sinking
Pictures of You
Maybe Someday
Before Three
alt.end
A Strange Day
One Hundred Years
Disintigration
encore 1:
(I Don't Know What's Going) On
Charlotte Sometimes
Just Like Heaven
Boys Don't Cry
encore 2:
Close To Me
The Lovecats
Why Can't I Be You
encore 3:
A Forest
Forever

frozen pilgrim
02-10-2008, 11:28 AM

actually, tiesto ended early.
at like, eleven fifty.
he came on late and ended early.
I'm glad I was watching damon albarn and paul simonon.
DJ shadow got cut off at 12:03 or something like that. he was mid-song and they cut the power on him.

M Sparks
02-10-2008, 12:06 PM
DJ shadow got cut off at 12:03 or something like that. he was mid-song and they cut the power on him.

There's no way it was that early. Gogol went well past midnight.

Although, I admit, I don't remember actually HEARING DJ Shadow on my way out. I just remember seeing stuff going on the screen behind the stage. Maybe they had killed the PA and the video was still going.

frozen pilgrim
02-10-2008, 12:13 PM
There's no way it was that early. Gogol went well past midnight.

Although, I admit, I don't remember actually HEARING DJ Shadow on my way out. I just remember seeing stuff going on the screen behind the stage. Maybe they had killed the PA and the video was still going.

clock on my phone coulda been slow by a few minutes who knows. but yeah- I guess to generalize it's very very rare for someone on one of the main 3 stages (i.e. the 3 loudest stages- main, outdoor, sahara) to go past midnight by more than a very small amount, and sometimes big names get cut right off.

nbvwes
02-13-2008, 09:46 AM
the Cure didn't play 'Mint Car'?? psshh...

MonsoonSeason
02-13-2008, 12:43 PM
So nothing else goes on after midnight? Not even silent disco fun-ness?? Cos that ain't noisy :p

the campgrounds go on until dawn

and there's some wild shit thereabouts

M Sparks
02-13-2008, 02:44 PM
the Cure didn't play 'Mint Car'?? psshh...

Yeah, that's got to be their 26th or 27th best single, how could they leave it out? :rolleyes

gratytrainridesagain
02-13-2008, 02:51 PM
actually, tiesto ended early.
at like, eleven fifty.
he came on late and ended early.
I'm glad I was watching damon albarn and paul simonon.

I thought he went a lot later. I went over to that stage right after Bjork and seen that really long awesome encore. They didn't cut him off he just said "They're telling me I gotta stop" then just left his stuff running and walked off. I'm pretty sure he went til at least 12:15.

breakjaw
02-15-2008, 06:50 AM
I think Stephen Marley was to blame for this.He pushed back everybody on the Outdoor Stage.I'd love to find the exact reason he took so long to come on...