PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd Laser Show Spectacular

Vegasoasis
02-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Does Coachella need one?

Weeping Willow
02-06-2008, 09:29 PM
sure. I don't need drugs to enjoy this.... Just to enhance it.

http://image.vmixcore.com/85/285/25/4719075/104/85/47/7f34dc48a98632e3520558b4cb4c93a2.jpg

DrDank551
02-06-2008, 10:12 PM
YEAH!!!! A face melting lazer lite show, it would be offensive to all things living on this mighty planet, to not provide the most spectacular of all lazer lite shows...........

...........why would you doubt or question?

smoke
02-06-2008, 10:18 PM
http://www.thetalentshow.org/images/drawing2.gif

smoke
02-06-2008, 10:20 PM
anyone ever go to the Laserium when it used to be at Griffith Park? man they had kickass laser shows...pink floyd, the doors, led zeppelin.

digitalface
02-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Does Coachella need one?

It would be something new, so YES. I mean, they're Pink Floyd tunes. I think lasers are sorta requisite.

GIVE ME LASERS!

ivankay
02-07-2008, 04:59 AM
anyone ever go to the Laserium when it used to be at Griffith Park? man they had kickass laser shows...pink floyd, the doors, led zeppelin.

i went to a Roq of the 80's and Oingo Boingo versions as well as the Pink Floyd. It would be fun if they brought it back. Is there Laserium any where in LA/OC any more?

Hawkings
02-07-2008, 07:55 AM

Went to the Pink Floyd one, that was sweet

instinct
02-07-2008, 01:25 PM

It got moved to a place in Sherman Oaks.. The place kind of sucks though.. but to be honest, their laser shows are a little outdated.. but they are going to have the worlds largest laserium at the Spruce Goose Dome in Long Beach (or whatever it is called now)..

Anyways.. A laser show would be sick at Coachella, but just to let everyone know, crowd scanning (shining lasers in the audience) is illegal in America, but legal in many other parts of the world. Also, since Coachella is outdoor, it will be difficult to see the beams (for an aerial show), since there is no fog, but it's still possible, you just need like a 25 Watt Laser to see it really clean and crisp. It will especially be hard to see any color besides Green (Green is the peak wavelength that we see, so green lasers are about 4 times visible to the human eye as red, and about 3 times brighter than blue) Most laser systems that are full color use Red, Green and Blue lasers to make a near full color spectrum.

Ya'll don't know shit about lasers!

frozen pilgrim
02-07-2008, 03:48 PM
I was under the impression that crowd-scanning arrays were legal in the states, but only if they have been application-specific testing and subsequent approval. I could be wrong, but I think the law you're talking about is true, but applies more to untested and smaller-scale situations, like a nightclub getting new lasers with a different show every night from the midi feed, and not being able to certify that the lasers won't breach appropriate levels at the point of contact with the audience. in canada, you can use crowd-scanning lasers, but they either have to be really small, or huge and tested like I mentioned.

evilmushroompie
02-07-2008, 04:34 PM
It got moved to a place in Sherman Oaks.. The place kind of sucks though.. but to be honest, their laser shows are a little outdated.. but they are going to have the worlds largest laserium at the Spruce Goose Dome in Long Beach (or whatever it is called now)..

Anyways.. A laser show would be sick at Coachella, but just to let everyone know, crowd scanning (shining lasers in the audience) is illegal in America, but legal in many other parts of the world. Also, since Coachella is outdoor, it will be difficult to see the beams (for an aerial show), since there is no fog, but it's still possible, you just need like a 25 Watt Laser to see it really clean and crisp. It will especially be hard to see any color besides Green (Green is the peak wavelength that we see, so green lasers are about 4 times visible to the human eye as red, and about 3 times brighter than blue) Most laser systems that are full color use Red, Green and Blue lasers to make a near full color spectrum.

Ya'll don't know shit about lasers!

I am in awe of your greatness

digitalface
02-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Whether crowd-scan lasers are legal or not hasn't stopped producers of several dozen events I've attended from using them in that capacity. I think a couple 350mw mf-ers would rock a nice liquid sky affect as well as other epic visual stunners we haven't seen at Coachy before. Who cares if they actually make shapes in the sky? That crap's for planetariums and Stone Mountain.

morelifefucker
02-12-2008, 06:42 AM
anyone catch TOOL other than at coachella. their laser show was pretty sick.