PDA

View Full Version : Apple stage add?

Eggbird
02-06-2008, 06:41 AM
I've been thinking for a while now on how Goldenvoice can improve Coachella. Obviously I think they've outdown themselves already with this lineup and I'm a nervous nelly just counting down the time until COACHELLA 2008!!!! (I would capitalize "2008" if only there were a way. Anyhow, I figured with Heinekin already a sponsor, it would make total sense to add someone new that could afford to actually "sponsor" an entire stage. I've got to hand it to Steve Joves and his marketing team...there iphone commercials really hit me where it tickles if you know what I mean. Wouldn't it be incredible to have an entirely new stage and feature all the up and coming bands from there commericals. That girl bad with all the "music is my hot, hot (expletive)", all the dreamy loopy stuff that the bands that sing them could play at sunset. What do you all think?

Leckie
02-06-2008, 06:51 AM
if they gave out free apple stuff then i'd be down

hangthedj112
02-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Who is Steve Joves??? Is he anything like Steve Jobs???

mandelbaum
02-06-2008, 07:13 AM
No room for more stages. No need for more sponsors. That "girl bad" you mention is called CSS and they played last year. You sound like a 15 year old.

invisiblerobots
02-06-2008, 07:27 AM
http://www.wolvesonwheels.co.uk/joomla/images/stories/by%20jove.jpg

Alchemy
02-06-2008, 08:03 AM
The Apple Stage? Are you kidding?

Boourns
02-06-2008, 10:15 AM
I would welcome CSS repeating this year. 100 times more deserving than Hot Chip.

Eggbird
02-06-2008, 02:03 PM
I think you guys misunderstood.

amyzzz
02-06-2008, 02:05 PM
I would welcome CSS repeating this year. 100 times more deserving than Hot Chip.
QF fucking T

Sexecutioner
02-06-2008, 02:07 PM
this is the worst idea i've ever heard. one of the reasons coachella is so great is that its not a giant corporate sell out with billboards all over. its nice to have 3 days out of the year where you dont have some kind of marketing shoved in your face from every angle.

edit: and yes, i know there is heineken, but thats minimal.

MarkO
02-06-2008, 02:07 PM

Enlighten us .... your first post was comedy GOLD.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Who is Steve Joves??? Is he anything like Steve Jobs???

Steve Jones - guitarist sex pistols, Hosts Jonesys Juke Box on indie 103 Los Angeles

Sonicifyouwantit
02-06-2008, 02:23 PM
agree to disagree?

Sonicifyouwantit
02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
I've been thinking for a while now on how Goldenvoice can improve Coachella. Obviously I think they've outdown themselves already with this lineup and I'm a nervous nelly just counting down the time until COACHELLA 2008!!!! (I would capitalize "2008" if only there were a way. Anyhow, I figured with Heinekin already a sponsor, it would make total sense to add someone new that could afford to actually "sponsor" an entire stage. I've got to hand it to Steve Joves and his marketing team...there iphone commercials really hit me where it tickles if you know what I mean. Wouldn't it be incredible to have an entirely new stage and feature all the up and coming bands from there commericals. That girl bad with all the "music is my hot, hot (expletive)", all the dreamy loopy stuff that the bands that sing them could play at sunset. What do you all think?

So you want to commercialize coachella to the point where each stage is owned by a corporate sponsor?? and then GV would have to choose bands based on the marketing schemes of musically illiterate board members?? what are you saying? and even if there are good bands on the this one marketing scheme it wouldnt last forever. and I hate that css song not one of their best.

Eggbird
02-06-2008, 02:31 PM
this is the worst idea i've ever heard. one of the reasons coachella is so great is that its not a giant corporate sell out with billboards all over. its nice to have 3 days out of the year where you dont have some kind of marketing shoved in your face from every angle.

edit: and yes, i know there is heineken, but thats minimal.

How can you say heineken is minimal? They are probably a multimillion dollars company?????

mandelbaum
02-06-2008, 02:42 PM
How can you say heineken is minimal? They are probably a multimillion dollars company?????

Dude. Seriously. What he means is that although they are a sponsor, their logo isn't plastered all over the polo grounds.

Just stop posting anymore for your own good.

Sexecutioner
02-06-2008, 02:50 PM

as mandelbaum already said...minimal meaning the advertising you see for heineken inside of the festival grounds is minimal. and i think everybody would like to keep it that way.

Psicosis
02-06-2008, 02:54 PM
They need a Microsoft tent playing this over and over again..

KMU0tzLwhbE

leo01g
02-06-2008, 02:58 PM
http://web.mit.edu/mokang/Public/fail.jpg

I think this thread deserves this pic

woogie846
02-06-2008, 03:30 PM
I think you're right

MarkO
02-06-2008, 04:20 PM
They need a Microsoft tent playing this over and over again..

A Microsoft tent would be 8 times larger than it needed to be, require you to rebuild it every morning and have several holes in it large enough to pass a smuggled ostrich through.

Plus 7 Wolf Power Corn
02-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Egg doesn't know what he's talking about - you have to have a beer sponsor to keep it real, and Heinken sells a lot of beer so excuse me for living. It is to late to add Apple this year (hello? 2009?) but those commercials with Justin Long kill me to death they are so funny. We're not gonna get free iPods so get over it. Justin doesn't need anymore money so if your all committed to it, let's petition GV to get him to do it for free (I'm offering to lead this cause); he is in some good movies right now. Apple has a pretty good image and I think a lot of people want this. I want this.

menikmati
02-06-2008, 05:38 PM
No thanks. What a shitty idea.

Astrid
02-06-2008, 07:15 PM
what if for like a little gimicky ha ha they also gave away Reaaaal apples for all the granola hippies. and oh my god. genius.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/riversmylover33/steve-jobs-hippie.jpg

gaypalmsprings
02-06-2008, 08:39 PM
http://bigpixels.tv/images/big_pixels_top_spj.gif

Sexecutioner
02-06-2008, 08:41 PM
It is to late to add Apple this year (hello? 2009?) but those commercials with Justin Long kill me to death they are so funny.

are those the ones with the 2 dudes that say "im a mac, and im a pc"?

god, if so, i already know you are semi retarded after reading one post. please dont post anymore.

humanoid
02-06-2008, 08:52 PM
are those the ones with the 2 dudes that say "im a mac, and im a pc"?

god, if so, i already know you are semi retarded after reading one post. please dont post anymore.

seriously....I hate those fucking commercials......and since that Justin whatever guy has been cast as a smug, uppity little prick "Mac" I never want to see his face again

menikmati
02-06-2008, 08:53 PM
macs are too pretentious for me

suprefan
02-06-2008, 08:55 PM

I dont see a Heineken stage anywhere on the grounds do you? Yeah, they are the beer sponsor, yes you will see some signs and stuff, but thats it. Why do we need an Apple stage? This isnt Lolla or ACL where any major corporation can just ask and they will make a stage for them. Also, for those 2 festivals it keeps prices down cause lord knows how much it would cost if they didnt have so much sponsorship backing. And C3 is the company who handles both of those festivals too, wonder why they need the sponsors so bad.

humanoid
02-06-2008, 08:57 PM
is it not enough that good indie bands we used to like have had to whore out there music to corporations to use in in commercials imploring us to mindlessly consume? I get sick every time I hear a song I formerly enjoyed on a commercial.....CSS??? Feist? I have to skip Walken on Sky Blue Sky every time now

now I get ill when I hear Walk on the Wild Side....et tu, Lou Reed?

humanoid
02-06-2008, 08:57 PM
macs are too pretentious for me

I like Macs, but I agree

menikmati
02-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I saw enough Macs while at SFSU, that I never want to see or use one ever again. And some of the people using them, well they make that mac guy on the commercial seem cool.

coldstart
02-06-2008, 09:09 PM
A Microsoft tent would be 8 times larger than it needed to be, require you to rebuild it every morning and have several holes in it large enough to pass a smuggled ostrich through.

Haha exactly. I'm a linux geek.

R3d Snapper
02-06-2008, 11:22 PM
I saw enough Macs while at SFSU, that I never want to see or use one ever again. And some of the people using them, well they make that mac guy on the commercial seem cool.

now that's just ignant

traviscanada
02-06-2008, 11:31 PM

How is sex an expletive. And CSS was there last year.

traviscanada
02-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Egg doesn't know what he's talking about - you have to have a beer sponsor to keep it real, and Heinken sells a lot of beer so excuse me for living. It is to late to add Apple this year (hello? 2009?) but those commercials with Justin Long kill me to death they are so funny. We're not gonna get free iPods so get over it. Justin doesn't need anymore money so if your all committed to it, let's petition GV to get him to do it for free (I'm offering to lead this cause); he is in some good movies right now. Apple has a pretty good image and I think a lot of people want this. I want this.

Grow a brain.

If any actor is going to be at Coachella it should not be Justin Long or whoever it should be Al Pacino.

rage patton
02-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Well... there ARE rumours an extra stage is going to be added this year.

Psicosis
02-07-2008, 01:44 AM

People were already complaining that there were no pass-outs, you'd be giving them what they wanted.

Plus 7 Wolf Power Corn
02-07-2008, 06:20 PM
That's not at all what I was saying. We don't need any more corporate sponsorship of this event. But Apple is different. Read between the lines people.

MarkO
02-07-2008, 07:09 PM
........ But Apple is different. Read between the lines people.

As someone that worked for Apple, I can assure you they're just the same as any other company. With one exception; they have an astonishing ability to make people pay a lot more for less.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-07-2008, 08:57 PM
is it not enough that good indie bands we used to like have had to whore out there music to corporations to use in in commercials imploring us to mindlessly consume? I get sick every time I hear a song I formerly enjoyed on a commercial.....CSS??? Feist? I have to skip Walken on Sky Blue Sky every time now

now I get ill when I hear Walk on the Wild Side....et tu, Lou Reed?

nice julius caesar reference! hehe

Sonicifyouwantit
02-07-2008, 08:59 PM

yes obviously where the beer vendors are there are signs and also on the 21+ wristbands, but the point is that heineken does not influence what bands are playing and do not sponsor ones on any particular stage

Plus 7 Wolf Power Corn
02-08-2008, 07:02 PM
I still think it would have been rad to have Apple at this thing. They're ads are gnarly and they like Coachella people. And the phone their selling: don't EVEN get me started. It has a calculator on it but it's not clunky like a phucking Blackberry, who can go to hell. Can anyone think of a reason I don't call Apple right now and tell them about this? I will take whatever feedback is posted and think before I call them.

Cpt. Funkaho
02-08-2008, 07:16 PM
I still think it would have been rad to have Apple at this thing. They're ads are gnarly and they like Coachella people. And the phone their selling: don't EVEN get me started. It has a calculator on it but it's not clunky like a phucking Blackberry, who can go to hell. Can anyone think of a reason I don't call Apple right now and tell them about this? I will take whatever feedback is posted and think before I call them.

My input:
1. You have confused the words "they're" and "their". Correct usage would occur if you switched them in the above quote.

2. It's okay to say fucking if fucking is what you mean.

3. One reason that a phone call to Apple is a bad idea is that if you call their PR people, they will do the following: thank you for your input, but let you know that they aren't currently looking to do brand-awareness in the fashion you've suggested. Apple is very careful about what they lend their brand to, and I'm sure they've considered music festivals seeing as how one of the cofounders of their company started the US Festival.

4. I love Apple. I own 10+ Apple computers, which I have used throughout my life. I have two iPods and an iPhone. I own Apple stock. Even with all of that, I think that an Apple stage would be a terrible idea. Coachella isn't anti-corporation, but Goldenvoice takes major pains not to let the sponsors overlap with the music (that is, no named stages, no corporate signage around the stages/tents, et cetera). Centering a whole stage around a corporation and their ad campaign is a terrible idea and would be an affront to the people who made Coachella what it is.

cooperb1
02-08-2008, 07:18 PM
:eek:

chiapet
02-08-2008, 07:52 PM
is it not enough that good indie bands we used to like have had to whore out there music to corporations to use in in commercials imploring us to mindlessly consume? I get sick every time I hear a song I formerly enjoyed on a commercial..

This is easy to correct. Watch less tv. I can honestly say the only Apple commercial I've seen in 2 years is when I checked youtube to confirm that CSS really was used for one.

menikmati
02-08-2008, 08:00 PM

The iPhone has a calculator????????? HOLY SHIT! FUCKING AWESOME MAN. GOTTA GET ONE NOW!

Plus 7 Wolf Power Corn
02-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Ok, I give up. I've read some serious wisdom regarding the Apple stage and I'll let it go. However, know this: I work at a bank that uses Apple computers for our Customer First Program communication materials. So, yeah, I "own" Apple stock, too. One more thing: Do you think it would be a good idea if Apple started getting back to its $200 per share price (or, fuck me, above $200) and if they fired Justin Long cuz he's a tool and also had a goddamned keyboard/mouse that had right/left click buttons??? I mean really. Sorry for the swearing, but their are times when it's called for.

mcddjj
02-08-2008, 08:44 PM
They've had right and left click mice for well over a year maybe over two. You could always get any mouse and use it and still right click. Your IT people must suck.

boarderwoozel3
02-08-2008, 09:33 PM
I vote for a public stoning stage.

Hey Eggbird how would you like to be an opening act at Coachella!?

MarkO
02-08-2008, 10:21 PM
I still think it would have been rad to have Apple at this thing. They're ads are gnarly and they like Coachella people. And the phone their selling: don't EVEN get me started. It has a calculator on it ........

If you press the special key, does it play a melody ?

Eggbird
02-20-2008, 08:23 AM
I vote for a public stoning stage.

Hey Eggbird how would you like to be an opening act at Coachella!?

Are you serious? If you are and you work for Goldervoice, of course I'm interested!

paganman7
02-20-2008, 08:53 AM

I can spot a fellow Mac user a mile away!

paganman7
02-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Are you serious? If you are and you work for Goldervoice, of course I'm interested!

I can't tell if you're 12, or have a chromosomal abnormality...either way, you're damn funny!

MarkO
02-20-2008, 10:05 AM
I can spot a fellow Mac user a mile away!

HELL NO.

I'm far from being a Mac fanboy.

SFChrissy
02-20-2008, 10:38 AM

You might want to change your screen name to dohdohbird!!!

paganman7
02-20-2008, 11:52 AM
HELL NO.

I'm far from being a Mac fanboy.

My bad...

instinct
02-20-2008, 06:31 PM
If Coachella ads an apple stage, I would quit Coachella. Also, because I think the line-up is much lamer this year.

Memorial_07
02-20-2008, 06:33 PM
appel stage?
you could at least be a bit more original