PDA

View Full Version : SAN FRANCISCO

mekidknows
01-29-2007, 05:53 PM
...to indio. is anyone from the city going to all 3 days? I can drive or chip in for gas money and contribute some good tunes.

Quentin
01-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Also coming from the City, possibly going by myself or with a group of people.

Vytas
01-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Hey, I'm in. I live in Sonoma County. I still need to get the tickets for 3 days, but that should happen in two days or less. Yes, I am serious. I'm one of the crazy RATM fans, of course I'm serious.

DenverSanFranConnection
01-30-2007, 10:24 PM
SF rage fans, nice!

I would give everyone a ride as a drove through California would be nice, but I am driving straight though Nevada cause I am stuck in Denver for a while.

back4more
01-31-2007, 01:48 AM
I'm Scottish but live in Australia.

I'm going to Vegas on the 14th the I'll be in San Francisco from the 20th onwards.

Have to be back in SF on the evening of the 30th to catch a flight to Sydney so gonna fly up from Palm Springs after the fest, but as I have a bit of time before it, I wouldn't mind driving down and taking a day or two to have a look around. Want to be there on Thursday to set up camp though.

I am more than happy to pay for gas, part of car hire, etc, but I will only be going one way as have already booked my flight back. So if anyone else is road trippin from SF and wants to split the costs and have a laugh on the way, drop me a line. I drove there form LA last year so know the way pretty well.

Vytas
01-31-2007, 10:04 AM
SCOTTISH!! I'm part Scottish. I love the Scots. I mean, I've never met a Scot, but it's seriously my favorite accent in the world. Oh yes, your plan sounds complicated, but we can drink some kind of awesome Scottish liquor and laugh at crap Brits. I mean, I like some British bands, but I don't think there are any at Coachella that I like, so yeah.

See above, crazy RATM fan. so that's why I got a little excited back there, but still, good plan.

Mr.Nipples
01-31-2007, 03:11 PM
crazy rage ran coming in from san francisco

SFChrissy
01-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Fa sure nor cal peepz...but I'm flying to Palm springs!!!

I have a girlfriend that's going she got a room at my motel...she hasn't decided 'bout flying or driving...so glad to see there's possible outlet

smilingdownward
02-01-2007, 02:47 AM
also comming from san francisco,
im more than likely going to drive down, but southwest has some great deals on flights in the state of CA 49$ each way, so i havent fully decided. i would still need to rent a car down there.

SFChrissy
02-01-2007, 02:19 PM
also comming from san francisco,
im more than likely going to drive down, but southwest has some great deals on flights in the state of CA 49$ each way, so i havent fully decided. i would still need to rent a car down there.

Got my tix on orbits to fly right into Palm Springs from SF...150 round trip!!!

el_ornelas
02-02-2007, 11:43 AM
i'm in sacramento, but if others wanna make a trip out of it, i'm definately down. i'm really, really poor so any way to save money is best for me. i'm sure gas down and back would be around 100 bucks. so, anyone wanna split costs? so far it's just me going, but there's a chance a friend of mine will go.

Slint
02-02-2007, 12:11 PM
San jose hoser here looking to drive down... easily can get to SF to meet up with you peeps. Lemme know!

Also (sorry, side note). Any of y'all going to see Crime in Choir tomorrow night at Cafe du Nord? I'm pretty excited for that :)

Quentin
02-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Hey, I live by SF, hithcing a ride with someone would deffinatly be awesome.

smilingdownward
02-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Got my tix on orbits to fly right into Palm Springs from SF...150 round trip!!!
omg i hate you! havent found anything that cheap, even on orbitz. i will have to keep looking.

gelica40
02-04-2007, 02:15 PM
1 seat left!!!!!!!!!! i live in sacramento. if you can get here than the seat is your with the help of gas of course!! oh yeah youd be in the back seat with 2 other guys so it might get cramped but if your desparete to go well then there yah go =)

flavor8
02-05-2007, 10:51 AM
PARTY ON DUDES!

We're heading down for Felix, Tiesto, Benassi, Infected Mushroom, etc. We're gonna rent transport, depending on the size of the group we could get a bigger car/van. Driving from the bay area Thursday, returning Monday. You pay share of rental, gas, maybe share some driving...

We are really lookin to meet and make some new friends for Coachella. Msg us if you want to work it out. Lookin forward to hearing from ya'll.

dekr510
02-05-2007, 12:59 PM
whens everyone leaving? Thursday?

pretentious
02-05-2007, 01:03 PM
my friends and I are leaving Thursday morning, stopping at LA to pick up our tents, then driving straight to Indio.

it's going to be grand.

kimchi
02-05-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm in Santa Cruz and would loooove love love someone forever if they let me ride along, chip in for gas/food, shared tunes, etc.

dantesinferno
02-11-2007, 04:27 AM
I'm looking for travel buddies since my people are now dropping out. anyone willing to split costs. if i get enough people i'll rent a bigger vehicle, otherwise it will be only me and one other person in my 2 door honda prelude. i'm in san jose so i figure anyone from the bay area down to santa cruz could ride with me or vice versa. i want to leave thursday morning, but can wait till thursday late afternoon if need be. come back on monday unless anyone wants to check out L.A. or San Diego since we are going to be out that way already. If anyone is interested just get back at me.

gelica40
02-12-2007, 10:17 AM
im coming from sacramento. i have 2 seats left. if your interested contact me gelica40@yahoo.com

jahjah
02-15-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm flying to San Francisco with my friend and we're thinking about renting a car for few weeks.

gelica40
02-15-2007, 01:33 PM
if you can get a ride to sacramento thursday evening and a ride home you can ride with us!!! 2 seats left in my jeep!!

miles_balogna
02-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm flying back home to SF a week before Coachella, and I'm looking for a ride for me and my boyfriend from the City down to Indio. we're going for all 3 days. after attending in '04 I decided it would be much easier to hitch a ride from SF than it would be to try to arrange getting to and from out of Palm Springs.

anyone renting a van or RV and looking for 2 more people to bring along?

kyledevre
03-12-2007, 10:24 PM
SAN FRANCISCOOOOOO, hook it up. ill supply the booze or something, ill also chip money for gas, but no booze for the driver until we get there haha. im a chiller 420 friendly, and normally friendly. hit me up someone. i am cruisin solo, everyone bailed, so a single seat would be much appreciated. myspace.com/internationalpolice

Fon goes to Coachella
03-13-2007, 11:33 PM
HEYYY So whats up?

I'm going space smuggler style... Solo
And I'm debating if I should take my 91 CRX... which means I have room for one more person and a crap load of luggage.

IF NOT, then I'm more than happy to hitch a ride and split costs.

On a side note... has anyone thought of setting up a caravan?
Lets set a departure date and location (I'm in Hayward) and ride together!
It'll be funner and safer no?
I'm pretty flexible with my schedule so just let me know!

I'm mainly going for the following (in no p. order)
BJORK
Placebo
Cornelius
Portishead . . . . . HA GOT YA!
Manu Chao
JESUS
RAGE!!!

I'm totally looking forward to meeting new people so lets do IT!

mail me:
nandoman1@yahoo.com

Coachella VIVE!!

Zmevv
03-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Right.

Leaving from Redwood City, could meet in Sf/Sj. I have a 4 seat Volvo.

Going for Rage, SY, Air, JAMC, Dj Shad etc.

Slint
03-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Taking my comfy 4-door Saab hatch :P I have 3 spots left. Leaving Thursday night returning Sunday night. This is gonna be crazy:

Going for:
Jesus and mary chain
arctic monkey
the long blondes
explosion in the sky (!!!)
RHCP
RAGE!!!! (!!!!!!)

Any takers? I'm not a serial killer, I promise.

Zmevv
03-19-2007, 12:50 AM
whats the gas milage?

loopers
03-20-2007, 08:58 AM
I am also looking for a lift from SF, on the way there I am looking to get to Ontario airport, as I'm meeting up with people from Vancouver that are flying down, but on the way back I need to go from Coachella back to SF. Looking to leave on Thursday and return Monday.

I can contribute gas money, music, and can also help with the driving if needed, I can drive a standard.

SFChrissy
03-20-2007, 09:57 AM
The caravan idea sounds fun...I'm still flying but a perfect spot to meet would be on the 5 at anderson's for pea soup...

Elizabeth_SF
03-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Can someone please help me out with a ride!!! 3 of my 4 friends who I was supposed to head down with didn't buy their tickets in time and now I have no ride :( My 4th friend is meeting me down there --- I'm 25/F and live in the Mission ... I can BART it to other Bay Area locations. We also have room in our hotel if you still need a place to crash and wanna make a contribution.

Thanks
Elizabeth
kissybikes@yahoo.com

Dimetones
03-27-2007, 01:55 PM
My friend and I are also in need of a ride. Anybody got room in their vehicule for 2 people in San Fran? sharing all expenses of course

Please contact me at dimemh@hotmail.com if interested!
Peace,
Francois

miles_balogna
03-28-2007, 08:28 PM
yeah I really really need to find a ride for my boyfriend and I. we're bums with three day passes, but we haven't found a ride yet, OR a place to crash in Indio. IF we can find someone willing to drive who is brave and adventerous, and looking to save some money, we can all just go rough it out in the palm fields. bring a tent and start a fire, buy alcohol, keep it on ice...

we're down for whatever. someone with room in a hotel looking to save some money and give two awesome people some room on the floor. or sleeping out in the middle of nowhere. sharing space on an offsite campsite. ANYTHING.

we will pitch in on gas and food, any and all expenses! it will be great.

so please please please, someone with a car who is driving and has room for two more...HELP!

myspace: http://www.myspace.com/satan_herself
email: slaughteratron@yahoo.com

- jordan

fender657
04-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Hey,

I am thinking about getting a ticket to check out these phenomenal bands. My buddy from San Diego doesnt have the money to go, and Im looking for some people to head down there with to head down there with. I have a car, and could drive if you want to help with gas. I still need to track down camping gear, I just moved here from Kalamazoo.

Cheers,
Jason
dmelloja@hotmail.com

I'm Scottish but live in Australia.

I'm going to Vegas on the 14th the I'll be in San Francisco from the 20th onwards.

Have to be back in SF on the evening of the 30th to catch a flight to Sydney so gonna fly up from Palm Springs after the fest, but as I have a bit of time before it, I wouldn't mind driving down and taking a day or two to have a look around. Want to be there on Thursday to set up camp though.

I am more than happy to pay for gas, part of car hire, etc, but I will only be going one way as have already booked my flight back. So if anyone else is road trippin from SF and wants to split the costs and have a laugh on the way, drop me a line. I drove there form LA last year so know the way pretty well.

McFearless
04-14-2007, 08:35 PM
So here is the basics below I go into more detail.

We have space for one or two people non smoker that can drive a van (which means you must have a valid CA Drivers License)!

So here are the deets about me and my friends and you let me know if you want in.

We are going to the Popscene Klaxons show on Thursday night. So we will not be leaving SF until a little after midnight when the show ends.

We plan on arriving directly onto the grounds from the drive. We will not be checking into our hotel until after the day ends on Friday.

Our hotel is in Palm Springs. It cost $89 total (divided by the amount of people per room) a night and thus far there are 4 females in the room. All of us know eachother. Some better than others. We will be checking out Sunday before going to the last day and leaving right after the Rage set. We may not stay for the entire Rage set so be prepared for that as well. We will arrive back in the Bay around 8 Monday morning.

We are loud and talkative. Like mostly UK bands. Will proably be playing them a lot on the ride down. We are going in a family van. We would like friendly people on the ride. Hence the non-smoker requirement. So if you aren't that personable then I would suggest not riding with us. I know this just makes me sound like a tote bitch.

If you do decide to ride with us, or if there is anything else you want to know just ask. Also, all this is contingent upon the driver (37 yr old mother of one that is super awesome and never shuts up) saying its cool for you to come with us.

Oh and last but not least! YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR GAS! My friend has a company car so all her gas gets paid for! We more than anything just want a full car so we can get the priority parking and chipping in on the hotel.

Thanks

Reply here or email me @ musiqgurl1224@hotmail.com

xSmackAttackx
04-15-2007, 08:32 AM
My friend and I need a ride! We can meet anywhere in the Bay Area. Unfortunantly, our ride bailed so we're currently out of luck!:/. If anyone is going just for Friday and Saturday and have extra room in the car, please let me know! Of course will provide gas money, some snacks, nice tunes, etc. We're fun, responsible, male and female, just looking to have an amazing time at Coachella, thanks!

If you can help out or have questions, feel free to email me at bouncethatbouncethat@yahoo.com

fuqtard
04-15-2007, 06:11 PM
My friends can't make it, so I'm flying solo in a 2-door, 4-seater car. It'll be most comfortable with one passenger, but hypothetically I could take 3 others with limited baggage.

My plan is to leave from the south bay after work on Thursday, 4/26 and return either very late on Sunday 4/29, or mid-afternoon on 4/30. I'll be camping on my own, so it would be cool to go with people who are in the same boat and want to party at night.

I'm 28, male, and this is my first time at Coachella. My favorite bands will be LCD Soundsystem, Arcade Fire, Interpol, Rage Against the Machine, DJ Shadow, Sonic Youth, El-P, Manu Chau, !!!, and like 20 others.

screamingmunch
04-15-2007, 06:24 PM
hey i'm in the bay area and have an extra 3-day pass for sale. face value or possibly lower if you drive down to San Mateo to pick them up. send me an email: screamingmunch@hotmail.com

covadonga
04-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Me and my brother are looking for a ride to the festival. We are pretty flexible with the dates. We both live in san francisco. We can contribute with gas money. Anybody?
Covi
glitterismine@yahoo.com

escherelate
04-17-2007, 10:32 PM
does anyone still have open spots from the bay area?

reembot
04-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Hello!
My friend (San Fran, 23 male) and I (Walnut Creek, 19 female) will be driving down and have two spots available. We'll be staying all three days; heading down Thursday morning and coming back Monday morning. We just landed a vacation home right across the street from the venue and are also looking for more people for that too! Preferably no campers just because of all the gear we'd have to bring, but if its real light it's no biggie. Travel costs will be split evenly, and if you can contribute some tunes and/or munchies that's always a plus :) So if interested, shoot me an email with a little about yourself and I'll reply shortly with details and info. Happy Hunting! reembot@yahoo.com

MusicallyInLove
04-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Room for 2 more!

My homegirl and I are driving out to Coachella from The Bay Area (East Bay) on Thursday Morning, returning on Monday Afternoon/Evening. We'll be riding a Blazer, so there's plenty of space. We have room for 2 more. We smoke, so if you're a smoker, cool..if you can tolerate it, cool..if you find it repulsive..move on. :bump Another FF (Fun Fact) is that we have trashy mouths, so be warned. :thu Feel free to bring along an iPod, we'll have an adapter. It should be about $60/per person for Gas. Anybody else leaving from the east bay..i think a caravan would be hella fun. We could 0wn the fucking freeways! haha :) Well, PM me if you're interested in the ride. :)

michaeleconomy
04-19-2007, 08:38 AM
need place to stay, 23/m, outer sunset, non-smoker, have 3 day pass

have a grand cherokee that i can fit 4 ppl in, but might be better to take something with better than 13mpg.

http://ringo.com/profile/michaeleconomy.html

finafina
04-19-2007, 03:43 PM
have room for 2 from sonoma county leaving thur. @ 3am returning mon @12pm

Pug Ugly
04-19-2007, 06:51 PM
My friend bailed so it looks like I'll be driving to Coachella by me lonesome. :(

I have room for one non-smoker(2 seater) from SF on Thurs. I dont need gas $$, just dont feel like driving all the way there talking to myself:p
but if you have a lead on a place to stay down there that would be helpful. Its my first time there too so if youve been there before that would be a bonus!:)

Taking my 'work truck' there, camping in the back too if I cant find a room! :D

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8615/25c50pf3.png

.:christine:.
04-20-2007, 10:12 AM
any one have space for two on the way BACK to san francisco? :)

we're coming from canada, but we're going to san francisco for a week after coachella :)

SFChrissy
04-20-2007, 10:30 AM
We got an extra flight ticket from SFO to Palm springs...I think it's &180 & a small service fee to have the name changed...

Anyone interested?

SFChrissy
04-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Does anyone need a ticket...we have an extra ticket I'll eat the service fee's.

Sepnir
04-23-2007, 01:20 PM
If anyone's still looking to fill their car, I'm a n/s 22/m with pretty much no gear trying to cruise down whenever. I went last year and had a blast but my friends slacked and didn't get the weekend off so I'm most likely flying solo this time.

Throw me an email Felix@Mentzel.com and let me know your situation and we'll see if we can work something out.

dcasey
04-24-2007, 01:09 PM
2 looking for ride from bay area thursday and returning saturday (so this is for those of you who have tickets only for friday). willing to chip in on gas and other supplies, email me at teonanactl.spirit@gmail.com if this fits your bill!

DMCrimson
04-24-2007, 02:43 PM
I really need a ride! Things are getting desperate over here! dfmccoy@scu.edu , contact me as soon as possible.

xSmackAttackx
04-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Hey! My friend and I just found out we have no ride. We're two fun, responsible students, looking to leave Thursday and come back Monday. Willing to pay for gas, snacks, etc. We can meet pretty much anywhere in the bay area.

Interested? kevmattos@gmail.com

Thanks!

maudeee
03-25-2009, 01:51 PM
hiya me and my friend, both from england, will be in san francisco before coachella and were hoping to car pool from san fran to coachella. obviousley will contribute money for petrol/car hire etc so if anhyone has 2 spare seats please let me know, thankyou!

gregbernard
04-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Let me know if this works for you.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27948

TheBayArea408
04-10-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm looking for a ride on Thursday from San Jose to Coachella and back on Monday. I can drive to a location by San Jose to come jump in the car. I'm staying at Coachella for the three days and will be camping there. I got money on gas and I'm really desperately looking for a ride. If anyone is interested hit me up with a private message. Email me at ThrashSkating@yahoo.com or call me at (408)-506-9508.

-K

Van City Kid
04-10-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm also looking for a ride from San Fran the morning of the 17th. Only need it one way, as I'm heading to LA after.

Will pitch in for gas, and buy you food!!!

shakermaker113
04-10-2009, 05:52 PM
wow this thread is a spammer's delight.