PDA

View Full Version : anyone remember a bad experience in or out the festival?

Proadict
01-29-2007, 05:43 PM
i have been lost like for 1: 30 hour outh the festival in 2006 :(

GirlFromMars
01-29-2007, 05:47 PM
In '05 I lost one of my fav. sweaters I was REALLY sad. :'(
And at last year's I lost a braclet.:(

vinylmartyr
01-29-2007, 05:52 PM
I cracked a tooth on a jolly rancher once.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-29-2007, 06:24 PM
thieves in the campsite and spending the second day in the first day's clothes because of them

Adam2uBer
01-29-2007, 06:45 PM
I left at around 1130 while Daft Punk was playing. So I was trying to squeeze through the crowd and some asshole pushed me and was all pissed then started to threaten me. I wanted to kill the guy for being such a prick. For Christ's sake I was LEAVING not squeezing through to get to the front.

rebeldread
01-29-2007, 07:29 PM
in 2003, we stood in a line outside the gate about 1/2 mile long for an hour only to get to the front and see that security is letting everyone mob the gate. missed a full set on the main stage. and we couldn't bring anything in so people were practically dehydrating standing outside of the goddamn gates. fucking god-awful organization that year

el chango
01-30-2007, 05:36 AM
Yeah, my best friend lost our car keys on 2005.... the bad thing is it was a rental car and we got it in Tijuana, Mexico... quite a problem.

york707
01-30-2007, 06:25 AM
How do you get lost? And is that really a problem? (assuming you aren't 14 years old).

fatbastard
01-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Someone hit the front of my car. The accident pinched my radiator and it had to be replaced. I made it home before it started smoking.

shmamber
01-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Standing in a HUGE LINE waiting to get in in 2005, and having people get all pissed off and overheated--finally a fire truck came and sprayed us all with water. The security was being extremely thorough, to say the least. This did not happen in 2006 though--things went very smoothly then!

Getting out of the venue on Saturday night in 2004--we must have sat in the parking lot for at least an hour, and people started running over barriers to get out of the parking lot. Let's not even go into how badly I had to pee.

Good Days Last
01-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Do security just start herding people out at the end of the last set? Or can we just meander around for a little bit to wait for the rush to die a bit?

CrackTheLoveCode
01-30-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm not exactly a tall person so getting smooshed in the middle of that huge crowd trying to get out after Daft Punk was probably the worst for me.

matildawong
01-30-2007, 05:08 PM
At the end of one of the nights in 2004, we could not find our car. For like an hour. It was so dusty and dark in the lot...I was near tears.
This year I'm renting a car and I'm afraid the same thing will happen, but worse since it's not even my own vehicle.
If anyone has any suggestions...Or am I the only one...?

Adam2uBer
01-30-2007, 05:53 PM
At the end of one of the nights in 2004, we could not find our car. For like an hour. It was so dusty and dark in the lot...I was near tears.
This year I'm renting a car and I'm afraid the same thing will happen, but worse since it's not even my own vehicle.

Remember where it is....also, start hitting your car alarm button repeatedly when you're in the vacinity of it.

smilingdownward
01-30-2007, 06:30 PM

make sure your rental car has a keyless remote, and like the person said above, just keep hitting the alarm button. it worked great for me in 2005.

rampaige
01-30-2007, 06:48 PM

Take a GOOD look around when you park each day. Pay attention as you're walking towards the venue, and envision taking that same route in reverse. These sound like slightly dorky "duh" suggestions, but they helped my group on the second day last year. The first day we were just like, "oh cool we're right here off the main drag blah blah blah." Turns out at the end of the day there were about five lots right off the main drag. Five lots all filled with fifty bajillion cars.

nosy_penguin
01-30-2007, 06:57 PM
make sure your rental car has a keyless remote, and like the person said above, just keep hitting the alarm button. it worked great for me in 2005.

Take a pic of all the landmarks surrounding your car (trees, markers, other cars, flags and what not)... worked like a charm last time!

matildawong
01-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks everyone. I felt like such a dork asking that but god, we just said "oh yeah we're over there" and went off to the grounds...never imagining the confusion later.

mazurmac
01-31-2007, 04:09 PM
our neighbor got busted for selling reefer as my mate was with him.. they both got thrown in handcuffs but my friend got let go since he was just there at a bad time.. but the cops or whoever raided the hell out of their campsite.. it was a mess

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/44/141713825_4ad0ad1470.jpg

Mr.Nipples
01-31-2007, 04:43 PM
what would you expect from a bunch of pigs