PDA

View Full Version : DUE FOR A MIRACLE.....

GnarVee
02-04-2008, 02:11 PM
heres to hoping for an AMAZING/SURPRISE/EPIC preformance this year!

Sonicifyouwantit
02-04-2008, 02:15 PM
every year! and so far fulfilled

paulb
02-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Just go to the Justice gig, they always deliver EPIC LIVE sets.

Im hoping for an EPIC Gogol Bordello show though.

and an even more EPIC Bittersweet Symphony...

JustSteve
02-04-2008, 04:01 PM
heres to hoping for an AMAZING/SURPRISE/EPIC preformance this year!

is that the opposite of a postformance?

instinct
02-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Just go to the Justice gig, they always deliver EPIC LIVE sets.

Im hoping for an EPIC Gogol Bordello show though.

and an even more EPIC Bittersweet Symphony...

ehh.. EPIC is a little strong for Justice.. I've seen them live twice.. One was insane.. but when i think of EPIC.. I think more along the lines of DAFT PUNK, mothfucka!!

Sonicifyouwantit
02-08-2008, 03:31 PM
ehh.. EPIC is a little strong for Justice.. I've seen them live twice.. One was insane.. but when i think of EPIC.. I think more along the lines of DAFT PUNK, mothfucka!!

insane/epic too close to call, lets call justice fun and daft punk insane/epic. I'll put the memo out.

ThomThom
02-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Justice is alot of fun but most certainly not EPIC.

God I hate using that word.

smoke
02-08-2008, 04:42 PM
yes epic should only be used to describe the BEST OF THE BEST

see:

ALL TIME
LIFE CHANGING
"RELIGIOUS" EXPERIENCE
INDESCRIBABLE
UNFATHOMABLE
THE STUFF THAT MYTHS ARE MADE OF...

basically an event that you hold ALL others to as the standard. so please friends, use this word carefully.

SecretPrescription
02-08-2008, 04:48 PM
bjork

nahuatldream
02-08-2008, 05:08 PM
I predict that "epic" is next on Lake Superior State University's list of banished words list, or at least it should be.

BROKENDOLL
03-25-2008, 02:14 PM
yes epic should only be used to describe the BEST OF THE BEST

see:

ALL TIME
LIFE CHANGING
"RELIGIOUS" EXPERIENCE
INDESCRIBABLE
UNFATHOMABLE
THE STUFF THAT MYTHS ARE MADE OF...

basically an event that you hold ALL others to as the standard. so please friends, use this word carefully. Two words...Daft Punk.

sbessiso
03-25-2008, 02:15 PM
do i need to remind you guys that jack white is going to be onstage performing

thelastgreatman
03-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Jesus douchebags, we already have two guaranteed life-changing performances in the bag. That's pretty fucking good.

CalmerThanYou
03-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Jesus douchebags, we already have two guaranteed life-changing performances in the bag. That's pretty fucking good.

You'll be performing twice?

clumsy342
03-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Radiohead in 04 ... epic.

Arcade Fire last year is kind of up there too. Very moving.
Would have been a lot less "epic" if I weren't frying balls.
But it was AMAZING.

clumsy342
03-25-2008, 03:04 PM

I'll bite..
you're thinking Waters and Aphex Twin, right?

NicoDread
03-25-2008, 03:25 PM
I'll bite..
you're thinking Waters and Aphex Twin, right?

I would say Portishead and Waters = Epic.

Although I LOVE Aphex Twin, his set will be "epic" mostly because of the rarity factor, and not production-wise.

thelastgreatman
03-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Waters will be setting a new standard for Coachella epic.

Portishead will easily be epic.

Aphex... eh, I dunno, man. Based on his past live sets I've heard so far I'm not that excited, but if they're going balls out with some kind of conceptual lighting scheme and shit and he really wanted to do something more cohesive, it could be amazing.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Waters will be setting a new standard for Coachella epic.

Portishead will easily be epic.

Aphex... eh, I dunno, man. Based on his past live sets I've heard so far I'm not that excited, but if they're going balls out with some kind of conceptual lighting scheme and shit and he really wanted to do something more cohesive, it could be amazing.

thats what Im hoping for...either way Im not missing it...that would be up there with missing kraftwerk in 04. You just didnt want to do it

amyzzz
03-25-2008, 06:21 PM
I missed Kraftwerk in 04. We left after Radiohead. :)

Sonicifyouwantit
03-25-2008, 06:28 PM
I remember walking from Radiohead as FOREVER streamed along the LED screeen on the mainstage to Kraftwerk. Poor Phantom Planet had to compete with Radio/Kraft, ouch.

NicoDread
03-25-2008, 07:49 PM
man, wtf?

Blinken
03-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Wow. Hey anyone notcie his reason for editing is Niggers? I wonder if they were ass raping him while posting, hence the horrible job bombing the place.

Boourns
03-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Radiohead in 04 ... epic.

Arcade Fire last year is kind of up there too. Very moving.
Would have been a lot less "epic" if I weren't frying balls.
But it was AMAZING.

Mmm, yes. Radiohead in the polo fields was the definition of epic and both Arcade Fire performances were killer. Daft Punk and Jarvis Cocker, too. God, that Daft Punk set really raised the bar in so many ways. Pure bliss.

I wish I had seen Gogol Bordello and Rodrigo y Gabriela last year. I hear those were quite epic.

I fully expect Portishead and Roger Waters to be legendary. And everyone better sing along to "Bittersweet Symphony", for reals. I wonder what this year's (somewhat or completely) unextected epic performance will be.

jazzz
03-25-2008, 09:12 PM
but 1 more would make it classic

BLUR? RIDE? PULP? COCTEAU TWINS? KATE BUSH? THE SPECIALS? THE JAM? O.M.D? STONE ROSES? (Ian Brown) just one more please