PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Water into the Festival grounds?

Mellow J
02-03-2008, 03:49 PM
So i'm back...

Anyway, i can't remember from last year... can we bring bottled water into the festival with us... i know you can bring it into the camp ground... but i'm talking the actual bit where the bands play.

Oh and for those who missed me...

Sheeeeeeeeeeet, sup sup sup sup supppppper?!

after the sucess of last years thread... which can be found hizzzzzeeeeaaaarr... www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2360

I keeeenewwww y'all beeechas are missing me...

You lav it missssus!

hate hate hate hate hate...

So that water huh, can i bring it in?

fasttrack
02-03-2008, 03:57 PM
no.

Mellow J
02-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks for asking, the answer is... I love the cock.

Thanks for playing!

fasttrack
02-03-2008, 04:12 PM
that doesn't make any sense.

Mellow J
02-03-2008, 04:15 PM
that doesn't make any sense.

You're just not paying attention...

You are neither a baby nor a dwarf... yet i would still polish your horse brasses. I would like to be your friend but the teacher wouldn't let me.

Fiesty non dwarf.

fatbastard
02-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I can't hardly wait until next year's post.

beckylyn
02-03-2008, 04:48 PM
i choose to assume this is a real question.

last year i think the website said you couldn't bring water in, but security let me through the gates with it no problem. - i brought 6 bottles in a messenger bag on day 3. i would imagine it will be the same this year. bring one bottle per person the first day, see if anyone bothers you. if they don't you know you're good to bring water the rest of the weekend.

Mellow J
02-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Thank you, yes it is a real question!

The real reason i wanted to know is, i'm planning on bringing a bottle of water filled with vodka to mix with gatorade lemonaid etc...

still sealed too... i gots a magically cunning plan!

boarderwoozel3
02-03-2008, 05:05 PM

The real reason i wanted to know is, i'm planning on bringing a bottle of water filled with vodka to mix with gatorade lemonaid etc...

do share...

Blinken
02-05-2008, 10:39 AM
if you slowly take the top off it will still look sealed, it might take a couple trys but it is easy.

Trailmix
02-05-2008, 11:10 AM
You may get lucky and they will let it in but I have seen them confiscating water bottles in the past.

Memorial_07
02-05-2008, 03:19 PM
I did it last year.
Or you can bring in a camel pack.

cooperb1
02-09-2008, 07:03 PM
ahcoooooo!

mountmccabe
02-10-2008, 12:06 AM

This, you see, is the main reason the rules say we can't bring in water bottles.

Or you can bring in a camel pack.

The FAQ says that you can't bring in water bottles. It also says you can't bring in camelbaks.

Sometimes security will let you bring in a water bottle; they're not supposed to but they don't all know that/care. It's the same deal with the camelbak; they're not supposed to let it in but sometimes they won't stop you.

If I had a water bottle to bring in and security said no I'd be fine just throwing it away. I wouldn't be fine just throwing a camelbak away so I'd have to carry it back to my car. Or bike. Or house. Or whatever.

onemilligram
03-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Last year i brought in about 8 bottles of water in a back pack. No problem. Best thing I did was freeze them the night before....had cold water all day long!!

Gyrus
03-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah you can bring em, I think they may chuck a shit if they're opened but all good.

Bring the smaller bottles, they're great for throwing at frat boys heads when half full. Enough to hurt, not enough to injure. I suggest more 1/4 full to be honest.

marfawkah02
03-14-2008, 06:23 PM
You may get lucky and they will let it in but I have seen them confiscating water bottles in the past.

is that right? i went in all 3 days with a backpack full of water and other juices. just dont go in with half drunk bottles . make sure they're all full

greghead
03-17-2008, 01:40 AM
Last year I brought a plastic shopping bag with 4 bottles of water each day, and the guards didn't say shit.

Twelvemonkey
03-17-2008, 09:58 AM
That's been my one beef with this whole securtiy. They are usually inconsitent with the standards that the festivals. I was so pissed last year when I found out they were letting people bring in closed bottles and they even had the large water tank which people were filling their camelbacks with. If they are going have that sort of thing, how can they not let in camelbacks. This is the one thing that I really hope will be clarified early. So much money you can save when you plan for the most important resources.

sin213
03-17-2008, 01:58 PM

Ever wonder why a 3 day outdoor festival in 100+ degree weather DOESN'T let you bring in water??

This is why....