PDA

View Full Version : Sonar Blow Job

KungFuJoe
02-02-2008, 04:44 PM
I was going through my music today, collecting all the stuff I had from artists on this years lineup, in order to organize it into a playlist. I came across this track called "Sonar Blow Job" which is apparently a collaboration between Portishead & Kraftwerk. I tried to research it's origins, but couldn't find too much info on it, except that it appears to be a Portishead cover of a Kraftwerk track. I'm not sure how true that is. I didn't spend to much time to look into this, so can anyone here enlighten me? was this track a collaboration between the two & if so have they done any other work together?

If this is the case, I think a live performance of this track to segue from Portishead to Kraftwerk could be, as they say, epic.

nahuatldream
02-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I was going through my music today, collecting all the stuff I had from artists on this years lineup, in order to organize it into a playlist. I came across this track called "Sonar Blow Job" which is apparently a collaboration between Portishead & Kraftwerk. I tried to research it's origins, but couldn't find too much info on it, except that it appears to be a Portishead cover of a Kraftwerk track. I'm not sure how true that is. I didn't spend to much time to look into this, so can anyone here enlighten me? was this track a collaboration between the two & if so have they done any other work together?

If this is the case, I think a live performance of this track to segue from Portishead to Kraftwerk could be, as they say, epic.

This is a track off an album by Krafwelt (wierd, I know), called Electric Dimension. I came across that same album and it was mislabeled as Portishead and Kraftwerk. After some googling I found Kraftwelt. I kept it anyway, sounds good enough.

paulb
02-03-2008, 01:09 AM
interesting...i wouldnt mind a sonar blow job.

KungFuJoe
02-03-2008, 10:24 PM
This is a track off an album by Krafwelt (wierd, I know), called Electric Dimension. I came across that same album and it was mislabeled as Portishead and Kraftwerk. After some googling I found Kraftwelt. I kept it anyway, sounds good enough.

thanks for the clarification. it's much appreciated. I kinda felt the track may have been mislabeled. It probably would've been more known if Portishead & Kraftwerk actually worked on some tracks together.

oh well .... this thread can crash & burn now.

coldstart
02-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Huh? Did someone say sonar blow job?!

shakermaker113
02-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Huh? Did someone say sonar blow job?!

no. nobody said that.

triceratops oatmeal
02-04-2008, 08:45 AM
i did

lafolieverte
02-04-2008, 05:45 PM
good track, but yeah... kraftwelt

Trick Loves The Kids
02-04-2008, 06:43 PM
i did

i love this username/first post/avatar/signature combination

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-05-2008, 06:30 AM
I thought this had something to do with the Sonar Music Fest in Spain...

triceratops oatmeal
02-05-2008, 11:13 AM
i love this username/first post/avatar/signature combination

thanks Trick.

i assume you know the source.