PDA

View Full Version : Reunion Rumors continue

sin213
02-02-2008, 01:44 PM
All right, time for some good news, about another pop star who thankfully only seems to be admitted to hospitals when she is expecting. Yes, we're talking about Gwen Stefani, whose husband Gavin Rossdale confirmed this week that she is pregnant with baby #2. This means little Kingston will soon be joined by a bouncing baby brother (Princeton?) or sister (Queenston?). We send our congrats to Gwen--as well as to the Dixie Chicks' Martie Maguire, whose own pregnancy news was announced on the same day as Gwen's (and was subsequently almost completely eclipsed).

Well, Gwen's delicate condition obviously puts a kibbosh on those rumors that No Doubt would be reuniting to play Coachella. But quickly following up 2007 (a year reunion-heavy year that featured the resurgence of Led Zeppelin, the Police, Van Halen, and the Spice Girls, among others), this early '08 week has already brought news of two big reunions. First, Scott Weiland will be going out on the road with his on/off Stone Temple Pilots bandmates this summer. We'd LIKE to think this would free up Velvet Revolver's Slash, Duff, and Matt to rejoin Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin for a proper Guns N' Roses reunion, which in a domino effect would then allow current GNR bassist Tommy Stinson to get back together with his old band, the Replacements. Now that would be one awesome Coachella main-stage lineup!

And finally, in one last bit of reunion news, Jimmy Page has gone on record saying he is willing to play more Led Zeppelin concerts. Now, that won't happen until at least September, because of Robert Plant's commitment to tour with Alison Krauss, but it may very well not be too long since Zep rock 'n' roll once again!

Article source: http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thatsreallyweek/10295/jan-28-feb-4-hospitalize-me-baby-one-more-time

M Sparks
02-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Replacements would rule. I didn't know Tommy's been hanging with Axl...bleh.

"Hey where's Tommy? someone find Tommy..."

M Sparks
02-02-2008, 01:52 PM
You left out the part about NKOTB.

evilmushroompie
02-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Ya, I read that. I wish the replacements would reunite. More so just because i could make fun of my friend for saying how lame this years lineup is.

summerkid
02-02-2008, 02:58 PM
if the replacements reunited. I'd be speechless.

sin213
02-02-2008, 07:40 PM
You left out the part about NKOTB.

On purpose, cause it didn't relate to Coachella. The other bands were potentials...

Plus, NKOTB sucks...

menikmati
02-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Orbital needs to reunite...that's what I wanna hear someday, that Orbital has reunited!

idrive1life
02-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Orbital has reunited and they will be playing in Liverpool, England on July 25. *giggles*

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15245

noisemachine
02-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Orbital would be awesome, as would the Replacements.

betao
02-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Orbital could show up, take a shit and play Dr. Who, and it would still be one of the greatest Sahara tent performances ever.

humanoid
02-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Orbital could show up, take a shit and play Dr. Who, and it would still be one of the greatest Sahara tent performances ever.

I hope there is no shitting in the Sahara Tent, that is slightly disturbing....more than slightly

Hawkings
02-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Replacements and Orbital would be sweet !

breakjaw
02-02-2008, 11:40 PM
The 'Mats would more than make up for Madness.Make it happen,I beg you.

Boourns
02-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Pulp reunion...NOW

orbit
02-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Perhaps if the headliner Jack Johnson cancels, they decide to take that slot ala Glastonbury 95

Boourns
02-03-2008, 02:04 AM
Hell yes. Let's troll all the Jack Johnson boards/myspace/frat parties until he cancels out of hurt feelings and annoyance.

idrive1life
02-03-2008, 06:18 AM
Pulp reunion...NOW

July 26 in Iceland!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-03-2008, 06:20 AM
All right, time for some good news, about another pop star who thankfully only seems to be admitted to hospitals when she is expecting. Yes, we're talking about Gwen Stefani, whose husband Gavin Rossdale confirmed this week that she is pregnant with baby #2. This means little Kingston will soon be joined by a bouncing baby brother (Princeton?) or sister (Queenston?). We send our congrats to Gwen--as well as to the Dixie Chicks' Martie Maguire, whose own pregnancy news was announced on the same day as Gwen's (and was subsequently almost completely eclipsed).

Well, Gwen's delicate condition obviously puts a kibbosh on those rumors that No Doubt would be reuniting to play Coachella. But quickly following up 2007 (a year reunion-heavy year that featured the resurgence of Led Zeppelin, the Police, Van Halen, and the Spice Girls, among others), this early '08 week has already brought news of two big reunions. First, Scott Weiland will be going out on the road with his on/off Stone Temple Pilots bandmates this summer. We'd LIKE to think this would free up Velvet Revolver's Slash, Duff, and Matt to rejoin Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin for a proper Guns N' Roses reunion, which in a domino effect would then allow current GNR bassist Tommy Stinson to get back together with his old band, the Replacements. Now that would be one awesome Coachella main-stage lineup!

And finally, in one last bit of reunion news, Jimmy Page has gone on record saying he is willing to play more Led Zeppelin concerts. Now, that won't happen until at least September, because of Robert Plant's commitment to tour with Alison Krauss, but it may very well not be too long since Zep rock 'n' roll once again!

Article source: http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thatsreallyweek/10295/jan-28-feb-4-hospitalize-me-baby-one-more-time

the problem here is, none of this reunions listed gets me excited...especially with the LZ rumor finally killed...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Orbital needs to reunite...that's what I wanna hear someday, that Orbital has reunited!

Actually, this would be fun...I would enjoy this very much!

nbvwes
02-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Led Zepplin = Coachella 10th Anniversary, 2009

dorkfish
02-03-2008, 01:46 PM
uh, unless Paul's (?) hand is miraculously healed, there's not going to be a Replacements reunion for a while.

M Sparks
02-03-2008, 02:03 PM
uh, unless Paul's (?) hand is miraculously healed, there's not going to be a Replacements reunion for a while.

Wha' happened?

chiapet
02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
That was more than a year ago. Was there nerve damage or something?

(He put a screwdriver through his hand).

summerkid
02-03-2008, 02:10 PM

He stabbed himself in the hand with a screwdriver, but that was over a year ago I'm sure he's fine now (If i recall they said it would be a year until he'd be able to play a guitar again)

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-03-2008, 02:12 PM
He stabbed himself in the hand with a screwdriver, but that was over a year ago I'm sure he's fine now (If i recall they said it would be a year until he'd be able to play a guitar again)

wtf~! why?

summerkid
02-03-2008, 02:15 PM
wtf~! why?

because he's punk as fuck that's why.

nah it was an accident that involved a candle or something.

chiapet
02-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Yea, an accident. He's drinking again, though, isn't he? :P

Memorial_07
02-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Start a Cocteau Twins reunion rumor.
Then I can somewhat be happy and have hope they might play.

goodgrl
02-03-2008, 07:53 PM

LOL!

sin213
02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Start a Cocteau Twins reunion rumor.
Then I can somewhat be happy and have hope they might play.

Just to have them added, then no show again? No thanx.

chawns
02-04-2008, 02:23 PM
**blur**

hypervera
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
**blur**

it wont happen, blur didnt reunited

MarkO
02-04-2008, 03:42 PM

I approve this message.