PDA

View Full Version : COLDPLAY

GnarVee
02-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I had a dream they were added.....not really a fan....but woulda been weird if they did.....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-01-2008, 04:25 PM
I like Coldplay and would lurve to see them headline Friday....

Sushov23
02-01-2008, 04:28 PM
At this point give me Coldplay, and while we are at it give me THE MARS VOLTA.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-01-2008, 04:30 PM

Both Wise choices...

Leckie
02-01-2008, 04:47 PM
coldplay would be a sweet headliner

betao
02-01-2008, 07:12 PM
i'd take them over JJ anyday. I love me some coldplay.

normalone75
02-01-2008, 07:56 PM
I really thought they were going to be on as part of the initial lineup.....

microcuts
02-01-2008, 08:30 PM
They just headlined three years ago.

Amneeziac
02-01-2008, 09:18 PM
friday PLEASE

It'sTheWhiskeyTalking
02-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Give me some Coldplay. I figured since their album is coming out within the next few months it would've been perfect timing for Coachella -- but I must remember that I guess it shouldn't be assumed that Coachella is #1 on every band's list. Though, I would love to see them again.

noisemachine
02-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Hm, I love their first two albums, but I wasn't really impressed by them at Coachella in 2005.

Jonas
02-02-2008, 09:36 AM
I would love to see Coldplay too. If Coldplay is playing, I might still convince my friends to go.

GnarVee
02-02-2008, 10:13 AM
I would love to see Coldplay too. If Coldplay is playing, I might still convince my friends to go.

ya serious...Portis Who??? Roger Who????? COLDPLAY and Jack Johnson FUCK YA!!!!!!

story of my life. stupid friends

frozen pilgrim
02-02-2008, 10:14 AM
coldplay sucks.
end of story.
they're in the same echelon of creative depth as oh, I don't know, 98 degrees.
in fact, chris martin attempted a boy band money making scheme before he started upon his current boy band with instruments money making scheme.

coldplay sucks.
end of story.

It'sTheWhiskeyTalking
02-02-2008, 11:26 AM
coldplay sucks.
end of story.
they're in the same echelon of creative depth as oh, I don't know, 98 degrees.
in fact, chris martin attempted a boy band money making scheme before he started upon his current boy band with instruments money making scheme.

coldplay sucks.
end of story.

You just don't like them because people have actually heard of them.

frozen pilgrim
02-02-2008, 11:33 AM
You just don't like them because people have actually heard of them.

I love all kinds of music, popular AND not. some of my favorite acts are very famous (rage against the machine, red hot chili peppers, pink floyd) others are not so well known in the states but famous in their stomping grounds (infected mushroom, hallucinogen), and some are almost totally unknown (dayglo abortions, stop, drop 'n' skank)
as a musician and a music lover, it is my opinion based on a combination of comparative and personal evaluation that coldplay offers an inferior level of creativity and songwriting skill, resulting in (to me) an unpleasant listening experience.
that, and chris martin named his kid "apple". what an asshole.

braundiggity
02-02-2008, 01:50 PM
coldplay rules, and they put on a solid show. plus, eno's producing their soon-to-be-released album. consider me psyched.

frozen pilgrim
02-02-2008, 01:51 PM
coldplay sucks. almost as much as the killers

yep!
I agree!

RADIOFACE
02-02-2008, 01:52 PM
coldplay is no better then jack johnson, they both suck

frozen pilgrim
02-02-2008, 01:53 PM
^^thank you
coldplay=hochella

PassiveTheory
02-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I'd love to see Coldplay at Coachella. I still haven't had the chance to see them live. Definitely looking forward to the new record this year.

frozen pilgrim
02-02-2008, 02:01 PM
I'd love to see Coldplay at Coachella. I have terrible taste in music, and I want to munch on chris martin's corn hole

to each his own, pal.
coldplay sucks.

PassiveTheory
02-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Want to repeat that after every single post in the topic?

Trick Loves The Kids
02-02-2008, 02:08 PM
coldplay sucks

braundiggity
02-02-2008, 02:10 PM
seriously. frozen pilgrim has established his/her suckitude in this thread.

if you say "to each his own," act that way.

frozen pilgrim
02-02-2008, 02:34 PM
seriously. frozen pilgrim has established his/her suckitude in this thread.

if you say "to each his own," act that way.

okay, twatlamp, I'll retract the statement and change it to something completely humourless.

coldplay is a very boring, uninspired, money-oriented band. I, and many others, find them to be immature and not very pleasing to listen to.

menikmati
02-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Their lyrics are the same for every song.

frozen pilgrim
02-02-2008, 02:39 PM
another (somewhat) valid point. and if they (the lyrics)'re not identical in structure and/or content, they're identical in delivery, mechanics, and lack of creativity.

braundiggity
02-02-2008, 03:17 PM
okay, twatlamp, I'll retract the statement and change it to something completely humourless.

coldplay is a very boring, uninspired, money-oriented band. I, and many others, find them to be immature and not very pleasing to listen to.

twatlamp. i like it.

i just think its humorless to go out of your way commenting that you agree with everyone who doesn't like them. we get it. you win.

humanoid
02-02-2008, 10:23 PM
I like Coldplay's first album (Yellow sucks though)..the second album has a few cool songs....the 3rd album is horrendous........I think of Coldplay as music for suburban housewives...

humanoid
02-02-2008, 10:24 PM
I also enjoyed Twatlamp!!!

Frozen Pilgrim, I did want to give you credit for mentioning Hallucinogen....Simon Posford is genius!!

It'sTheWhiskeyTalking
02-02-2008, 10:25 PM
I like Coldplay's first album (Yellow sucks though)..the second album has a few cool songs....the 3rd album is horrendous........I think of Coldplay as music for suburban housewives...

...and me.

humanoid
02-02-2008, 10:29 PM
maybe some of those housewives will be of the desperate variety, and you guys can listen to Coldplay together....I guess that's not so bad

NiceArthur32
02-03-2008, 04:06 AM
you know how i know you are all gay?

idrive1life
02-03-2008, 06:23 AM
^ MEH

I'll take them now over what we have for Friday.

amyzzz
02-03-2008, 06:56 AM
I love Coldplay. Their lyrics are very sincere without being sappy. I cried the first few times I listened to their first album, and I don't really don't cry to music that often. I briefly met them in 2003, and they're very nice people, very good to their fans.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-03-2008, 06:59 AM
coldplay sucks

Trick, stick to what you know: Electronic and Hip Hop...:)
and let's agree to one thing...KRAFTWERK 2008!!!

It'sTheWhiskeyTalking
02-03-2008, 07:09 AM

How?

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2008, 09:24 AM

because you're hungry for my cock??

coldplay sucks, nicearthur swallows.

unless the random questioning of sexuality was directed at the coldplay fans... in which case, my bad, scro.

PassiveTheory
02-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Dude, why do you have such a fascination with Coldplay and sucking? Does their music bring back memories of the first back-alley blowjob you gave your boyfriend or something?

Oral fixation is never a pretty thing.

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2008, 11:02 AM
at this point, I'd usually tell whatever douche is trailing garbage across the board to go eat a dick., but your mouth is clearly full of martin's already.
what does it taste like? bad music?

PassiveTheory
02-03-2008, 11:31 AM
at this point, I'd usually tell whatever douche is trailing garbage across the board to go eat a dick.

Hey, this sounds like good advice. I think you practice it yourself. After all;

coldplay sucks.
end of story.

coldplay sucks.
end of story.

coldplay sucks.

Is pretty much "trailing garbage across the board".

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2008, 11:38 AM
if I was bashing a band that had even a shred of talent or creativity, then yes, repeating myself in that manner would be trailing garbage.
but since coldplay's ferocious suck-ocity is pretty much irrefutable fact, I'm doing nothing more than speaking the truth.

now can this thread just friggin' die already? please?

MarkO
02-03-2008, 11:55 AM

Yeah, they're on a slippery slope.

PassiveTheory
02-03-2008, 12:22 PM
but since coldplay's ferocious suck-ocity is pretty much irrefutable fact, I'm doing nothing more than speaking the truth.

Not really, seeing as there are people in this thread who actually like Coldplay, and, of course, Paul Tollett likes Coldplay, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them headline next year's festival.

Also, as for killing this thread, since you keep bumping this thread with "NYOOOOOOOOOOO COLDPLAY SUCKS", you're helping it survive. Good job.

braundiggity
02-03-2008, 12:35 PM
if I was bashing a band that had even a shred of talent or creativity, then yes, repeating myself in that manner would be trailing garbage.

Yes. Their suck-ocity is definitely (http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/coldplay/parachutes?q=coldplay) pretty much (http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/coldplay/xandy?q=coldplay) a fact (http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/coldplay/rushofbloodtothehead?q=coldplay).

Irrefutable fact.

PassiveTheory
02-03-2008, 12:40 PM

Fix the fucking tags...

braundiggity
02-03-2008, 12:41 PM
saw that, fixed it.

NiceArthur32
02-03-2008, 12:55 PM
How?

because you like COLDPLAY!

because you're hungry for my cock??

unless the random questioning of sexuality was directed at the coldplay fans... in which case, my bad, scro.

take that back! take it back!!!

---am i the only person who's watched the 40 year old virgin on here?---

PassiveTheory
02-03-2008, 12:56 PM

Surely you are...

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2008, 01:10 PM
because you like COLDPLAY!

take that back! take it back!!!

nah, I've seen it. good flick. not a great "film", but worth a download.

and yeah. good to see we're on the same side about coldplay thing.

It'sTheWhiskeyTalking
02-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Coldplay is awesome.

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Coldplay is awesome.

you're a fucking moron

coldplay is as bad as maroon 5.
coldplay is as bad as fall out boy
coldplay is as bad as linkin park

PassiveTheory
02-03-2008, 03:15 PM
I love it, you bitch that this thread won't die, but you keep posting in it. Real smart.

Also, you're one to criticize. You want Metallica to play Coachella? Not Metallica circa 1989, today's Metallica.

Coldplay > Metalica.

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Coldplay > Metalica.
you are a fucking idiot.
I don't even think coldplay would dare compare themselves.

PassiveTheory
02-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I think the fact you keep on bumping this topic means you secretly enjoy Coldplay's music. Aw, that's adorable.

amyzzz
02-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks for ruining the nice Coldplay thread. Geez.

hypervera
02-03-2008, 04:49 PM
you're a fucking moron

coldplay is as bad as maroon 5.
coldplay is as bad as fall out boy
coldplay is as bad as linkin park

you must be a fuckin retarded

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2008, 05:03 PM
a fuckin retarded what?
I must be a fuckin' retarded what?

CAN WE PLEASE JUST GET RID OF THIS SHITPILE OF A THREAD

amyzzz
02-03-2008, 05:05 PM
I hope the new album will be good.

hypervera
02-03-2008, 05:07 PM
a fuckin retarded what?
I must be a fuckin' retarded what?

CAN WE PLEASE JUST GET RID OF THIS SHITPILE OF A THREAD

mental retarded, idiot, you are a fuckin idiot comparing coldplay with shitty bands like maroon5, fall out boy and linkin park

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2008, 05:08 PM
I hope chris martin gets hit by a fucking busload of his stupid, misguided fans, and I hope everyone involved dies, and has to go to hell and listen to coldplay's fucking shallow-ass, terrible brand of rip-off adult pop for all fucking eternity.
I bet nickelback will be there.

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2008, 05:10 PM
mental retarded, idiot, you are a fuckin idiot comparing coldplay with shitty bands like maroon5, fall out boy and linkin park

yes.
okay, pal.
if you're really confident with the phrase "mental retarded", go ahead and use it.
who the fuck am I to correct you, right? :dumbo

the above bands don't sound anything like each other, but they've got the same level of creativity and talent.
well, maroon 5 can swing a beat, kinda.

hypervera
02-03-2008, 05:16 PM
yes.
okay, pal.
if you're really confident with the phrase "mental retarded", go ahead and use it.
who the fuck am I to correct you, right? :dumbo

the above bands don't sound anything like each other, but they've got the same level of creativity and talent.
well, maroon 5 can swing a beat, kinda.

:nono i feel sorry for you

did chris martin steal your girlfriend or something?

PassiveTheory
02-03-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm just waiting for the guy with the stupid House/Stephanie avatar to insult Muse for this to turn into an all-out dumbass fest.

But yeah, Amy, I hope it's good too. I'm probably one of the only people I know who liked X & Y more than the other two records, but the fact that Eno's producing this record will make things really interesting.

For those who have seen them, how good are Chris and co. live?

It'sTheWhiskeyTalking
02-03-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm just waiting for the guy with the stupid House/Stephanie avatar to insult Muse for this to turn into an all-out dumbass fest.

But yeah, Amy, I hope it's good too. I'm probably one of the only people I know who liked X & Y more than the other two records, but the fact that Eno's producing this record will make things really interesting.

For those who have seen them, how good are Chris and co. live?

Incredible -- the first time I saw them was at Coachella in 05, and I've seen them about 5 times since then. They are great. House might say differently, but who cares what he has to say. I refuse to allow him to take control of this thread.

braundiggity
02-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Coldplay live is a lot like what I imagine U2 to be (not surprising, given the similarities in music, to me). Really energetic, really fun; I saw them twice at festivals and twice in concert, and they really go out of their way to engage an entire arena.

The middle section of their show was an acoustic portion, the band huddling together in front of the stage doing songs like "green eyes" and "til kingdom come."

In all, it's a supremely enjoyable show. My one complaint is that it's not spontaneous - it was the same setlist and they performed the same way in both arena shows. But that's a minor complaint; I'll take consistent quality over inconsistency, when I'm paying that much to see them. After all, it is a show. It'd be stupid to complain about a musical being the same in subsequent shows of the same run, too.

-----------------------------------------

Frozen Pilgrim: ^ COldpLaY suckS!!!

(thought I'd preempt the idiocy)

braundiggity
02-03-2008, 06:38 PM
also, depending on the day, I like X&Y best. It certainly makes for great live shows.

beartrash
02-03-2008, 06:46 PM
I'd rather eat glass than listen to Coldplay.

hypervera
02-03-2008, 06:57 PM

haha you'll eat a lot of glass this year

PassiveTheory
02-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Sweet, from what's been said I can't wait for Coldplay to tour the US again.

alex97
02-03-2008, 10:17 PM

haha you'll eat a lot of glass this year

:rotfl
:thu