PDA

View Full Version : chances of Goldfrapp being added now more likely...

murmur741
02-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Goldfrapp have announced tour dates for Spring and Summer 2008, and there is more than a two month gap between various gigs in England, leaving (at the moment) Coachella weekend free. Perhaps they'll schedule some North American dates in that two month period and they'll be added to this years lineup, maybe next week.

A link:
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/48177-goldfrapp-announce-spring-summer-dates

wildlifeanalysis
02-01-2008, 01:42 PM
I would belive it if she did not have that uk date in april.
I don't see her running back and forth... I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.

KungFuJoe
02-01-2008, 02:04 PM
the earlier report that confirmed her for Coachella, somewhat, stated that Goldfrapp had hoped to have a mini U.S. tour in the spring. One of those stops being Indio. I could see how this may have been planned. 10 days after her April 18th London gig she'd play Coachella to start the mini tour, then she'd have about 2 months to work her way back east. It makes sense to me. I just hope she didn't scrap these plans.

gratytrainridesagain
02-01-2008, 02:26 PM
I would belive it if she did not have that uk date in april.
I don't see her running back and forth... I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.

Portishead is doing that

Memorial_07
02-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Didn't she already say she would play the festival?
And now she isn't

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Portishead is doing that

True....

malcolmjamalawesome
02-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Goldfrapp = no.

daft$tar
02-01-2008, 03:28 PM
i wish...

shakermaker113
02-01-2008, 05:50 PM
this doesn't make anything more likely.

HorseTears
02-09-2008, 05:41 PM
God, I'm still holding out hope that Goldfrapp ends up being one of the late additions. For those who missed it, Goldfrapp performed on BBC Radio's Live Lounge yesterday. Apparently, it's tradition to perform one of your own tracks and then to perform a cover on this show. In fact, it was on this very show that they first performed an acoustic version of 'Fly Me Away' which inspired the sound of their new album and premiered their cover of 'Boys Will Be Boys'. Anyone who's heard Goldfrapp's covers of Olivia Newton John's 'Physical', Baccara's 'Yes Sir I Can Boogie', or The Ordinary Boy's 'Boys Will Boys' knows that Goldfrapp doesn't just cover a song, they reinvent it.

On yesterday's show they covered Grace's 'It's Not Over Yet' which was more recently covered by The Klaxons. It was absolutely stunning and perhaps with the acoustic guitars and harps gives us some insight into how their new live set up may sound.

And, no, I'm not some Goldfrapp shill. I'm a huge fan, but I don't think that everything they touch turns to gold. For example, I think their new single 'A&E' is rather dull, conventional and uninspired. It stands in sharp contrast to this gorgeous cover they performed.

Download Goldfrapp's cover of 'Not Over Yet' here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3NU3OB9W

braundiggity
02-09-2008, 06:59 PM
On which note, why haven't Klaxons played yet?

junior30
02-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Didn't the Klaxons play last year?

KungFuJoe
02-10-2008, 02:01 AM
yes. the Klaxons played last year. I'm ashamed that I missed them.

thanks for that link HorseTears. I totally forgot about that broadcast. Allison singing 'Not Over Yet' is amazing. That song is so gorgeous.

I also agree about A&E. probably my least fav on the album. I love Cologne Cerrone Houdini, Monster Love, Eat Yourself & Clowns.

wildlifeanalysis
02-10-2008, 10:42 AM
A&E grew on me. Listening to the lyrics and finding out the song might be about a blotched suicide kind of perked my ears up. Now I can't stop listening to it.
I also agree with KungFuJoe's stand outs on 'Seventh Tree'. I love me some 'Clowns' & 'Monster Love'.
Let's hope for the best.