PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Records UK

humanoid
01-31-2008, 10:07 AM
Does anyone know if anyone from Twisted Records UK has ever played Coachella? I've been every year, but can't think of any......Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Younger Brother, Ott, Prometheus.....any of them would be amazing.....unfortunately, they don't make it across the pond all that often

malcolmjamalawesome
01-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Maybe you could look at the posters. Or maybe you could just shutup forever.

humanoid
02-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Maybe you could look at the posters. Or maybe you could just shutup forever.

you're a pretty cool person....but I'm sure you know that already...or you know that you can only be an obnoxious prick on message boards because in real life, no one talks to you

PassiveTheory
02-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Dave Wang talks to him.

To answer your question, no, none of those bands have played Coachella.

brando4n82
02-01-2008, 11:39 AM
ZING!

so what kind of music does this twisted UK label turn out>?

Lurker_in_a_tree
02-01-2008, 11:44 AM
psytrance.

cue the pretentious know-it-all psytrance haters.

PassiveTheory
02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Psytrance... What's the difference from regular trance?

Ardentbiscuit
02-01-2008, 11:56 AM
This kind of stuff tends to happen at more independent rave events, burning man, camp bisco and stuff like that.

I don't foresee this kind of music happening at Coachella any time soon but maybe.

Hallucinogen in Dub played at Camp Bisco last year. I wish I could have teleported into camp bisco, watched that teleported out.

humanoid
02-01-2008, 12:30 PM
I was pretty sure none of those artists have played Coachella honestly, but I was just trying to start a conversation to see if anyone had anything interesting to say regarding the topic.....I'm a Coachella vet, so I would've noticed them playing...and I know I could've looked at tall the posters to verify, but I was at work when I posted the question....

some of it is psytrance, but stuff like Shpongle & Ott are much different than that...as well as Hallucinogen in Dub......much more of a tripped out psychadelic dub vibe than anything related to trance....a lot of it has a lot of really cool acoustic instrumentation and varying cultural influences from around the world.....

to me, regular trance is boring and repetetive....this isn't as much dance music related, at least in my opinion...some of it is, but not most.....

psytrance is a little more tripped out and in my opinion, much more intersting than most trance....

if anyone likes dub, check out Hallucinogen in Dub.....pretty amazing album