PDA

View Full Version : New Map? Re-arrangement of stages?

instinct
01-30-2008, 07:52 PM
I heard a rumor that the layout of the festival is going to be different, like they are going to be moving stages around.. I say it's probably bogus.. but who knows? no really.. anyone know?

I always thought it would be better if the switched the Mojave, Gobi and Sahara with the food courts/beer garden and had the stages face the other way... while having a black backdrop in the back to blackout the sun.. but maybe that wouldn't be as Coachellaish (hot and deserty).. but it would give us a LOT more shade.

p.s. sorry in advanced if there is a thread for this already.

SometimesNJ
01-30-2008, 07:52 PM
where did you hear this?

psychic friend
01-30-2008, 07:57 PM
:dumbo :lool

smoke
01-30-2008, 07:57 PM
i dont really see how you could move the main stage and still accommodate the crowd. plus the sahara is so loud, it needs to be at the other end of the festival.

menikmati
01-30-2008, 07:59 PM
I like things just the way they are.

instinct
01-30-2008, 08:10 PM
i dont really see how you could move the main stage and still accommodate the crowd. plus the sahara is so loud, it needs to be at the other end of the festival.

no.. mainstage and outdoor would stay the same.. but think about it.. you know how you lose soo much shade during the afternoon??

According to Psychic Friend.. It's BS..

Look at this map I redid in PAINT!!

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3310/mapreworkedkt0.jpg

fasttrack
01-30-2008, 08:16 PM
no.. mainstage and outdoor would stay the same.. but think about it.. you know how you lose soo much shade during the afternoon??

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3310/mapreworkedkt0.jpg

how would the bands load their equipment?

bad idea if you ask me.

smoke
01-30-2008, 08:17 PM

oooh i see it now.

as a side note, i really love the area in front of the sahara tent. its so nice to chill out there and listen to the beats.

instinct
01-30-2008, 08:19 PM
how would the bands load their equipment?

bad idea if you ask me.

oh im sure if there was something they could do to make the set up better.. they would do it.. I have no idea how the back stage is..

sesamesteve
01-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Fucking horrible map.

psychic friend
01-30-2008, 08:59 PM
stop with the dumb rumors

and yes im sure the map is "horrible" bad map showing people where stuff is.
lol

JustSteve
01-30-2008, 09:00 PM
oh im sure if there was something they could do to make the set up better.. they would do it.. I have no idea how the back stage is..

that whole area where all the exits are on the bottom of the map is the service road, basically where all equipment, supplies, bands, guests, etc. move around. there is no other way to set up the tents because of this. the area where the legend is is all stables, i believe. at least that's what it looks like from google maps.

sesamesteve
01-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Fucking horrible map.

psychic friend
01-30-2008, 09:05 PM
yes it should should only consist of flowers or something instead of showing people how to find stuff

normalone75
01-30-2008, 09:07 PM
bad thread with bad rumors....just wait and see... better find rumors if there will be more additions....

BROKENDOLL
01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
I can't really say for the first year, (1999) since I lived about 50 yards from the campground field. How could you not hear the fest? If I recall, the first year or two after that, and living at Indian Palms,I could hear certain bands from my place. I didn't mind, but several residents close by pitched fits and festival goers may have complained about the overlapping of music. GV made the changes necessary in order to prevent stages from overpowering each other, as well as sending the noise west, across the camp field direction, instead of east, towards residential areas. The last few years, I had to really listen for any music from down the road, which makes for less complaints about the festival in general.

TickleMeElmo
01-30-2008, 10:29 PM
I thought I heard a new stage was coming? Maybe I heard wrong...

instinct
01-31-2008, 09:26 PM
stop with the dumb rumors

and yes im sure the map is "horrible" bad map showing people where stuff is.
lol

I HEARD FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE WHICH I CANNOT DISCLOSE!!!! Actually.. I just like starting rumors..

Remember the guy that got flamed for saying Madonna was going to be at Coachella? That shit was funny.

M Sparks
02-01-2008, 07:14 AM
I thought I heard a new stage was coming? Maybe I heard wrong...

Yeah, I heard that once too...right before the lineup announcement. Someone supposedly official saying "I am allowed to say there are six stages this year."

Don't know where it came from and it died quick, so I forgot all about it.

waxybk
02-01-2008, 07:27 AM
I can't really say for the first year, (1999) since I lived about 50 yards from the campground field. How could you not hear the fest? If I recall, the first year or two after that, and living at Indian Palms,I could hear certain bands from my place. I didn't mind, but several residents close by pitched fits and festival goers may have complained about the overlapping of music. GV made the changes necessary in order to prevent stages from overpowering each other, as well as sending the noise west, across the camp field direction, instead of east, towards residential areas. The last few years, I had to really listen for any music from down the road, which makes for less complaints about the festival in general.

...so you live near Coachella. I don't think I have EVER heard you say that before, just wanted to confirm. kthnxbye.