encastro
01-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Anyone that doesn't smoke, do drugs, or drink going?:thu -Elena

flowbee
01-30-2008, 04:39 PM
2 out of 3 aint bad

emtgreg
01-30-2008, 05:42 PM
when i went last year, i had been straightedge for 10 years, had a fucking blast...

i have slightly changed since then...

point is, it doesnt matter much, as the festival is still amazing :)

Jankypirate
01-30-2008, 05:42 PM
No drugs or drinking? What would one do in the camping area without drugs and alcohol?

Atleast you left sex as an option :D

Gyrus
01-30-2008, 05:51 PM
^^^ He's not true straight edge

Memorial_07
01-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Me.
In the words of Ian McKaye...
"Don't Smok! Don't Drink!"
:thu

amyzzz
01-30-2008, 07:00 PM
I don't smoke or drink...

Memorial_07
01-30-2008, 07:04 PM
I don't smoke or drink...

Good for you!
;)

And I wasn't being sarcastic

Sexecutioner
01-30-2008, 07:10 PM
i do all 4. and i will have more fun than all of you straightedges combined! :laughyou

encastro
01-30-2008, 07:19 PM
yay! a few.:cool:

Memorial_07
01-30-2008, 07:20 PM
i do all 4. and i will have more fun than all of you straightedges combined! :laughyou

Ok.
Thats fine.
I hope you have fun too.

angelrose
01-31-2008, 09:07 AM
i'm pretty straightedge...but i will have a margarita while i'm there ;) other than that, no hanky panky goin' on here :D

SFChrissy
01-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Me.

What do ya do???

JustSteve
01-31-2008, 10:12 AM
i'm pretty straightedge...but i will have a margarita while i'm there ;) other than that, no hanky panky goin' on here :D

there is no "pretty straightedge", is there? you either are or you aren't.

one of my favorite quotes, not word for word: "i feel sorry for people who don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning that is the best they are going to feel all day."

angelrose
01-31-2008, 11:02 AM
sure there's a gray area juststeve. there's no black and white here. i don't use drugs. i don't binge drink, or partake in orgies. but i do have fun with my friends and have a few drinks. it seems like if you say you're "straightedged" you do nothing and if you're not you do everything. in the broad spectrum of hedonism...i guess i tend to lean a bit more to the straightedged side, but can still have a good time ;)

MonsoonSeason
01-31-2008, 11:12 AM
well the term straight edge implies that there is a very straight edge that one mustn't cross, which is the whole sex/drugs/alcohol thing. it's a yes or a no, and neither is the right choice.

if you're not straightedge, don't worry about it. it's not a big deal to anybody except yourself.

and hateedgers, but those guys are dicks

Memorial_07
01-31-2008, 02:36 PM
What do ya do???

Be specific
And by the way, I don't call myself straight edge, I just don't smoke or drink

Gyrus
01-31-2008, 04:05 PM
man I'm glad I didnt get that big X tattoo back when I was 18 hahahaha.

Each to their own, I'm glad I was brought up with the beliefs I did, even though I get right into it now. Nothing worse than seeing 15/16 year olds at raves pilling their heads off.

Courtney
01-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Coachella brings out certain straightedge tendencies in me, mostly due to not wanting to get dehydrated and not wanting to be broke.

ayates
01-31-2008, 04:31 PM
I go through two lighters a day.

HowToDisappear
01-31-2008, 05:55 PM

Yes.

Sexecutioner
01-31-2008, 06:14 PM
Coachella brings out certain straightedge tendencies in me, mostly due to not wanting to get dehydrated and not wanting to be broke.

haha, im the opposite. i dot more drugs this weekend than the rest of the year. woo hoo! :thu

menikmati
01-31-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm as clean as a golden whistle.

smoke
01-31-2008, 07:10 PM
no way i could drink at coachella during the day. maaaybe at night. everything else is fair game.

kingdumb
01-31-2008, 08:13 PM
....pure as new fallen snow!

TheWatcher
01-31-2008, 09:20 PM

Yes! :cool:

one of my favorite quotes, not word for word: "i feel sorry for people who don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning that is the best they are going to feel all day."

Actually, I usually feel pretty crappy when I first wake up in the morning, but I feel better later on.

Me.

What do ya do???

Subtle innuendos follow. There must be something inside.

Sorry -- Can't sleep.

SEEDYMIG420
01-31-2008, 09:54 PM
kUSH<~~~YES
EXCTASY<~~~YES
ALCOHOL<~~~YES
"SLEAZY CITY, SEEDY FILMS. BREATHING SO HEAVY, NEXT TO MY NEIGHBOR. LET'S GET AQUAINTED, GETTING TO KNOW YOU. FEELING SLEAZY IN SEEDY SIN CITY."

vinylmartyr
01-31-2008, 10:09 PM
I have not had any drugs or alcohol in 8 months and I plan on being sober at Coachella this year. Being fucked up ruined last years Coachella for me.

SEEDYMIG420
01-31-2008, 10:13 PM
I have not had any drugs or alcohol in 8 months and I plan on being sober at Coachella this year. Being fucked up ruined last years Coachella for me.

Maybe you over did it...Na!!! Your just a light-weight.

vinylmartyr
01-31-2008, 10:15 PM
yup

SEEDYMIG420
01-31-2008, 10:16 PM
have fun anyway.

M Sparks
02-01-2008, 09:18 AM

I don't drink while I'm THERE. Does that count?

M Sparks
02-01-2008, 09:20 AM
I go through two lighters a day.

Stop stealing jokes from the dead.

matildawong
02-01-2008, 10:41 AM
That's awesome you're going sober, vinylmartyr.

Trudeau
02-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Straightedge...more absolutely ridiculous American-style Moral Majority bullshit.

I hear you can identify straightedge people by the "Romney 08" pins on their t-shirts.

encastro
02-01-2008, 01:04 PM

Yep, those are my biggest reasons. I like saving money too much now. Gotta get that car! Right?

ayates
02-01-2008, 02:34 PM

Go buy a dictionary and look up "homage".

Memorial_07
02-01-2008, 02:34 PM

Who did ayates steal that joke from?

JustSteve
02-01-2008, 02:37 PM
That's awesome you're going sober, vinylmartyr.

why do you care so much?

vinylmartyr
02-01-2008, 04:40 PM
I almost died from a drug over dose at Coachella last year.

Trudeau
02-01-2008, 09:04 PM
I almost died from a drug over dose at Coachella last year.

Nice.

brando4n82
02-02-2008, 07:32 AM
all sXe people i knew in high school which is about 20+ people, all drink and smoke now, and a few have done acid. sXe = Big Fat Joke

MarkO
02-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Who did ayates steal that joke from?

Bill Hicks iirc.

Harrisment
02-02-2008, 10:29 AM
The term "straight edge" has got to be the most ridiculous term to describe a person ever.

Harrisment
02-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Straightedge...more absolutely ridiculous American-style Moral Majority bullshit.

I hear you can identify straightedge people by the "Romney 08" pins on their t-shirts.

Agreed.

microlovebeat
02-02-2008, 05:34 PM
yeah i remember in highschool when some guy said he was straightedge and i wanted to take a straightedge to his throat on principle alone.

brando4n82
02-03-2008, 06:31 AM

normally i wouldnt say this in public, but fuck, i dont know any of you anyways.

I Will be voting for Romney, and I enjoy smoking weed and ave done my fair share of psychedelics. this country is in no shape for a Democrat right now, let alone a Black or woman president, down the road sure, but not at this time. Romney's the most qualified Repub candidate, and it scares me the youth of today seems to see every single Republican as a George Bush, and they fucking eat up anything democrats say..

haha sorry i know this is the wrong thread for this type of babble

gaypalmsprings
02-03-2008, 06:34 AM
nothing I do is straight

M Sparks
02-03-2008, 06:48 AM
Go buy a dictionary and look up "homage".
I guess Denis Leary was just doing a one man homage show. ;)

JustSteve
02-03-2008, 06:49 AM
Romney's the most qualified Repub candidate, and it scares me the youth of today seems to see every single Republican as a George Bush, and they fucking eat up anything democrats say..

only one person to blame for that, and that would be george bush himself.

microlovebeat
02-03-2008, 06:56 AM
only one person to blame for that, and that would be george bush himself.

no you can't blame george bush. sure, the guy is an idiot, and i don't like him, but you can't blame bush for young people having stereotypes against the republican party. blame a youth's ignorant fucking brains.

amyzzz
02-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Hmm, so American youth's only exposure to the Republican party in the last 8 years is George Bush, and it's not his fault?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-03-2008, 07:13 AM

I have never done drugs...smoked a cig once...and drink only on rare occasions...I am a minority on this board...but I still always have lots of fun...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-03-2008, 07:14 AM
nothing I do is straight

:rotfl
:lool

brando4n82
02-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Hmm, so American youth's only exposure to the Republican party in the last 8 years is George Bush, and it's not his fault?

your comment infers that you indeed think that one republican represents all republican, and same with democrats. which is just not true (and by the way, i dont think you think that way, I am merely making a point)

If someone of youth is going to choose to watch a debate , I feel the majority are going to watch a democratic debate, and not care what any of the republican's policies/views are, because they shrug them off as another Bush, and you cant do that. People need to get out and vote, and by people, I mean young people, such as myself (age 20). More importantly, people need to educate themself on ALL the candidates policies/views to see who is best suited to run this country. we are in a time that seems more important than any recent election that I've followed, although, I am only 20 and new to "the game", but we need someone to turn this country around and it is so important that youngs kids get involved. The ignorance and apathy todays youth shows towards politics is frightening.

Sorry to sound like a "Rock the Vote" campaign.

T-Rye
02-03-2008, 07:25 AM

My thoughts exactly. I think I drank a beer on each day. Coming from Pacific Northwest makes me a bit more cautious in the desert sun. Nothing worse than ruining a three day festival than becoming dehydrated and sun strokey on the first two days.

microlovebeat
02-03-2008, 08:01 AM

that's the oldest stereotypical equation in the book amy.

let me just say i am completely middle of the road with this election and as of now don't even intend on voting.....i'm not for a republican candidate.

but......soley taking what one republican president has done for the past two terms, no matter how bad or good, and basing an entire opinion on that, is by and large, shortsighted to say the very least. what about all the other prior republican presidents? do they not mean anything?

brando4n82
02-03-2008, 08:27 AM
that's the oldest stereotypical equation in the book amy.

let me just say i am completely middle of the road with this election and as of now don't even intend on voting.....i'm not for a republican candidate.

but......soley taking what one republican president has done for the past two terms, no matter how bad or good, and basing an entire opinion on that, is by and large, shortsighted to say the very least. what about all the other prior republican presidents? do they not mean anything?

agreed

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-03-2008, 08:42 AM
full disclourse: the 2 candidates I support as it stands now are, Obama and Mccain....but the last few post are great...well thoughout...

Courtney
02-03-2008, 09:48 AM
the 2 candidates I support as it stands now are, Obama and Mccain....

I don't understand this.

arya.
02-03-2008, 10:31 AM
i dont lol.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-03-2008, 10:57 AM
I don't understand this.

Why? Mccain isn't a "normal" rep like what we have seen...some of his policies are actually pretty liberal...and he has worked with dems on alot of different issues...much to the dismay of his own party...and Obama seems new enough to not have been "corrupted" by the "system" yet...he has refused to take money from lobbyists and has still raised more money then Hilary...plus..I don't like the idea of changing family "dynasties" so to speak...
bush-clinton-clinton-bush-bush and potenially another 8 years of clinton?
plus, she has lots of enemies and quite a number of people really really hate her. I think she would be spending too much time settling old scores.....so I don't think she would have a chance in the national election....
I am a moderate on lots of different issues, and these 2 seems like the most moderated ones...

MarkO
02-04-2008, 03:39 PM
normally i wouldnt say this in public, but fuck, i dont know any of you anyways.

I Will be voting for Romney, and I enjoy smoking weed and ave done my fair share of psychedelics. this country is in no shape for a Democrat right now, let alone a Black or woman president, down the road sure, but not at this time. Romney's the most qualified Repub candidate, and it scares me the youth of today seems to see every single Republican as a George Bush, and they fucking eat up anything democrats say..

haha sorry i know this is the wrong thread for this type of babble

The country was in decent shape when President Clinton handed it over to Shrub. 8yrs later ... what have we got ??

The things that have been done in the name of 'Freedom' over the last while would make the Founding Fathers hang their head in shame. It's a disgrace and we're stuck in a worse quagmire now in Iraq then the country ever was in Vietnam. The Republican parties actions are unAmerican and that's the easiest way to describe it. This isn't the America I looked to as a kid and moved to.

Courtney
02-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Why? Mccain isn't a "normal" rep like what we have seen...some of his policies are actually pretty liberal...and he has worked with dems on alot of different issues...much to the dismay of his own party...

I agree with this. McCain is a moderate.

Obama seems new enough to not have been "corrupted" by the "system" yet

But I completely disagree with this. I've written out my thoughts on the matter in the Hillary Clinton thread here (http://coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=449389&postcount=124). Barack is very much in the system.

boarderwoozel3
02-04-2008, 04:29 PM
McCain's reputation as a moderate is the biggest hurdle he has to overcome in the primaries. Romney has been going to town on that.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I agree with this. McCain is a moderate.

But I completely disagree with this. I've written out my thoughts on the matter in the Hillary Clinton thread here (http://coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=449389&postcount=124). Barack is very much in the system.

my use of quotations was to imply that he isn't as far into the system as Hilary is...he has no where near the personal baggage and enemies that go along with the Clinton name...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-04-2008, 05:12 PM
McCain's reputation as a moderate is the biggest hurdle he has to overcome in the primaries. Romney has been going to town on that.

If the Republicans pick Romney as the nominee, they might as well hand the election to the Democrats...which I guess wouldn't be such a bad thing...

petty
02-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Same here! Thought that I might not get much sleep at the camp from all the late night hard core partying. After all my dancing, screaming in the audience, socializing, fun, walking about - I'm so going to crawl into my tent and crash. Wake and repeat till Monday morning. :spam

nationocean
02-07-2008, 08:59 AM
whoa, this thread took a wicked threadjacking. straightedgers to politics? lol.