PDA

View Full Version : What happened reggae

Bigdaddy
01-29-2008, 08:38 PM
I can't believe that there are no Marley's on the line up this year. Very disappointed. I'm a local to the venue, anyone needs local info. get in touch. Peace out

g0k1ngsg0
01-29-2008, 09:08 PM
looks like the only real reggae is linston kwesi johnson mixd with some faux reggae stuff like jamie t (his myspace says reggae, but damned if I hear it) and slightly stoopid. a couple DnB acts could satisfy some reggae urges too I guess...

I agree, add some reggae goldenvoice!

orbit
01-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Don Carlos is playing in California on april.

That'd be a great addition.

full on idle
01-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Big Daddy's mad about the lack of Marleys.

Post #1

chip_m555
01-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Don Carlos is playing in California on april.

That'd be a great addition.

I saw don carlos headline Reggae on the River and it was epic!!! I thought he was OK before, but maybe it was the extacy because it was one of the most epic live preformances ive ever seen. Even watching the videos i recorded gives me chills still. I would love to see him on Saturday.

orbit
01-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Sunday.

Saturday is too packed already.

MonsoonSeason
01-29-2008, 11:26 PM
no more reggae please

elChurro
02-01-2008, 10:23 AM
steel pulse

Cpt. Funkaho
02-01-2008, 10:33 AM
How about Don Piano? I hear his reggae is excellent.

summerkid
02-01-2008, 11:23 AM
there is usu. only one reggae act a year just because its not a marley doesn't mean there are fewer reggae act(s)

rage patton
02-01-2008, 12:19 PM
I am still pissed off at Stephen Marley. I waited for 20 minutes for his set to start, but I didn't so I decided to go get Mike Pattons autograph. After standing in line for about 5 minutes, Mike Patton cut the autograph signing short. (Someone told me a person brought up a Faith No More or Mr. Bungle album for him to sign... so he ended the signing there. Just a rumour though.)
Eitherr way, I got mad and decided not to go back to Stephen Marley in spite. I watched Amy Winehouse from a far... but I got bored so I went and got some food. To make things worse, I ordered the fuckin Nachos. They first 4 or 5 bites were good. Then it tastes all soggy and like fake cheese. Stephen Marley was playing in the background and it sounded ok. I am still bitter about that entire experience though.
With that being said, I am excited for Linton Kwesi Johnson. I was REALLY hoping for the Aggrolites this year though, but it looks like they are a no go. But hey, there is always time for additions.
Of course, Madness are't realy reggae, but they helped the 2tone/ska movement. Unfortunately... well, you know.

Bud Luster
02-01-2008, 12:35 PM
steel pulse

loved steel pulse live until they quit touring w/ a horn section. Now they use lame synths for the horn parts. lame. Horns are what make give Reggae music its majesty...

Sexecutioner
02-01-2008, 12:37 PM
I was REALLY hoping for the Aggrolites this year though, but it looks like they are a no go. But hey, there is always time for additions.

thats too bad. i hear the aggrolites put on one hell of a show, like off the charts good. id like to see them some time. they would be a great add.

rage patton
02-01-2008, 01:15 PM
thats too bad. i hear the aggrolites put on one hell of a show, like off the charts good. id like to see them some time. they would be a great add.

I saw the Aggrolites at Bumbershoot last year.... holy shit were they great live! For the first 10 or 15 minutes, the crowd was completely dead. I noticed. And the band noticed. But they did not give up! The people definately noticed that. Suddenly, the whole crowd was moving! Everyone was dancing and skanking and having a good time. You could tell 90% of the people watching had no idea what any of the words to the songs were at the beginning, but by the end of each song, the whole crowd was singing a long to each and everyone. It was a GREAT show. They ended their set with a cover of the Beatles "Don't Let Me Down."
However, it actually wasn't the end. They were scheduled for 50 minutes. But after they were done... the crowd was screaming SO loud for an encore, the organizers stopped the roadies from taking down the set, and called the Aggrolites back up for an encore. They played a mix of reggae songs which included everything from The Clash to Toots & Maytails to Sublime.
Fuck! Goldenvoice! Get the Aggrolites at Coachella this year!

xxxxxxxxxx
02-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Ragga Muffins festival in San Francisco is gonna be a blast.
Alpha Blondy
Barrington Levy
Midnite
Gregory Isaacs
Anthony B.
Gentleman
The Aggrolites
Soul Majestic

rage patton
02-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Barington Levy was also a reggae act I thought would fit in at Coachella.

thelastgreatman
02-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Reggae also blows. That's what happened.

summerkid
02-01-2008, 07:08 PM
peter tosh blew?

onisland
02-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Reggae also blows. That's what happened.

ya know... I see your posts everywhere, arguing over grammer, taste in music, and just about anything else.

YOU may think that reggae blows....but thats just YOUR opinion.

and you know what they say about opinions being like assholes...everyone has one..guess you're up on THAT game!

try "re-structuring" your sentence to "In MY opinion, reggae blows." :dumbo

theres room for ALL kinds of music @ Coachella...because theres ALL kinds of people. love the reggae touch.