PDA

View Full Version : 5 Things You Want To Have Happen at Coachella 2008

betao
01-29-2008, 08:38 PM
I remember us having a thread quite similar to this last year, and it was quite entertaining.

So, what are 5 things that you want to have happen at Coachella 2008? here are mine:

1. Jack Johnson plays at the same time as Fatboy Slim, and JJ gets the larger crowd, making a less-crowded Sahara Tent

2. Kraftwerk blow me mind and make my trip worthwhile.

3. Gogol Bordello doesnt conflict with Justice. Same goes to Booka Shade.

4. either Mogwai or Sigur Ros gets added to Friday or Saturday.

5. meet cool people/experience new bands.

Crackerfromcrenshaw
01-29-2008, 08:46 PM
there is a million things i want to have happen at coachella, but all i know is that i will have a great time...
But my wishes are
Friday - roll + ketamine and have a few beers/herb
Saturday, oxy in the evening, roll at night, again a few beers/weed
Sunday, just beer/weed, maybe some dmt if i can get my hands on some for mr. waters

MarkO
01-29-2008, 08:49 PM
- For it to not be 100*.
- For there to be few conflicts.
- That I enjoy it as much as I did last year.
- For see something amazing like with RyG last year.
- For Roger Waters show to be everything we hope it will be.

PassiveTheory
01-29-2008, 08:51 PM
1. PJ Harvey gets added to Friday to headline the Outdoor Theatre opposite Jack Johnson

2. Cafe Tacuba is taken off the main stage and replaced by Spiritualized, thus creating the most awesome Main Stage flow of bands I've ever witnessed: DCfC -> Spiritualized -> Portishead -> Kraftwerk

3. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds get added Sunday and play opposite My Morning Jacket on the Outdoor Theatre

4. The following EDM acts are added Friday or Sunday:
* Goldfrapp
* Royksopp
* Ratatat
* Sound Tribe Sector 9
* Autechre
* Junior Boys
* Thievery Corporation
* The Avalanches
* The Orb

5. I have a great time, meet new bands, and come back cherishing the experience regardless of the results of 1-4.

full on idle
01-29-2008, 08:54 PM
5. Kim Deal plays Full On Idle and I can see the whole thing.

4. The Do-Lab returns with a discernible list somewhere to see who's playing.

3. One set where all my friends want to be there and share it

2. Ronnie getting cockblocked

1. Parking lots with markings above eye-level

algunz
01-29-2008, 08:55 PM
1. ditto betao's #1
2. hear some great new band/singer that I haven't heard before
3. no waiting in line - ever or nowhere
4. meet some cool people from the board
5. get my daughter (3 yrs) in for a couple of hours to experience the good energy and then easily hand her over to my mom at an exit before it gets dark, so she can go back to the house and rest peacefully while we continue on with the festivities

Somewhat Damaged
01-29-2008, 08:55 PM
I would like:

1. to be near the front of the stage for Portishead and Kraftwerk, rolling.

2. the Chemical Brothers to be added to Friday and close out the Sahara after an awesome Fatboy Slim set.

3. to not have to use the restroom the entire weekend. (Last year I just had to piss once. I love my digestive system sometimes.)

4. to have a band I don't research and get excited about in advance still blow my face off the way Soulwax did last year.

5. to not have awkward conversations with people on the board. I'd still like to meet some people, just hope it's not weird like it has been in the past.

humanoid
01-29-2008, 08:58 PM
there is a million things i want to have happen at coachella, but all i know is that i will have a great time...
But my wishes are
Sunday, just beer/weed, maybe some dmt if i can get my hands on some for mr. waters
The next 2 weeks - be absolutely retarded!!

I'm not talking shit at all, I've just had Coachellas like that in the past...reality sucks for a while afterward!

miscorrections
01-29-2008, 08:58 PM
1. Wake up in time for the opening sets every day
2. See J. Spaceman or Richard Ashcroft walking around and jump on them
3. Discover a new act
4. Find the place where they sell naanwiches
5. Take a bajillion good pictures and videos

Crackerfromcrenshaw
01-29-2008, 09:02 PM
The next 2 weeks - be absolutely retarded!!

I'm not talking shit at all, I've just had Coachellas like that in the past...reality sucks for a while afterward!

oh god i know and im majoring in nuc eng (masters) at University of Utah right now luckily my finals will before due to the fact that i dont have to finish my thesis til next year, and they say drugs ruin your brain, Carl Jung would disagree and so would I, they just fuck with your emotions.

Crackerfromcrenshaw
01-29-2008, 09:04 PM
1. PJ Harvey gets added to Friday to headline the Outdoor Theatre opposite Jack Johnson

2. Cafe Tacuba is taken off the main stage and replaced by Spiritualized, thus creating the most awesome Main Stage flow of bands I've ever witnessed: DCfC -> Spiritualized -> Portishead -> Kraftwerk

3. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds get added Sunday and play opposite My Morning Jacket on the Outdoor Theatre

4. The following EDM acts are added Friday or Sunday:
* Goldfrapp
* Royksopp
* Ratatat
* Sound Tribe Sector 9
* Autechre
* Junior Boys
* Thievery Corporation
* The Avalanches
* The Orb

5. I have a great time, meet new bands, and come back cherishing the experience regardless of the results of 1-4.

You are a fucking GENIUS, i have begged for Nick Cave e-mail after e-mail to GV, i think if i were to hear ships song at dusk, my soul would seperate from my body and hop a ride on haley-dopp's comet.

chip_m555
01-29-2008, 09:05 PM
But my wishes are

How the fuck do you get your hands on ketamine? That is the one thing that I have never even had the oppertunity to try. I have never even heard of anyone I know getting the oppertunity. I have been holding onto some 2CI for like two years. dont know if I wanna take it seeing as how I never have before and would hate to have a bad experience at coachella.

but sounds like you got an awseome weekend planned there

I went to the U also and every year coachella fell on the weekend before finals. Hence why I havent made it yet. I even bought tickets for 2005 and had to sell them the day before. Fucking sucked. My ex told me that coachella is once again the weekend before finals. So ... yeah good luck man. might as well just drop your classes now

orbit
01-29-2008, 09:07 PM
1. Jack Johnson playing at the same time as Pendulum.

2. To be in the front for Kraftwerk which hopefully will play before Portishead.

3. Justice closing the Sahara tent on sunday, against Roger Waters.

4. Sebastian and Kavinsky get diarrhea and fever a week before the festival, and the only replacements available at the time are Autechre.

5. Tipper and/or Freestylers playing at the Dome.

instinct
01-29-2008, 09:08 PM
How the fuck do you get your hands on ketamine? That is the one thing that I have never even had the oppertunity to try. I have never even heard of anyone I know getting the oppertunity. I have been holding onto some 2CI for like two years. dont know if I wanna take it seeing as how I never have before and would hate to have a bad experience at coachella.

You must not live in Cali... We are close to Mexico :)

although.. the price has more than doubled in the past 5 years..

chip_m555
01-29-2008, 09:11 PM
You must not live in Cali... We are close to Mexico :)

although.. the price has more than doubled in the past 5 years..

actually I do live here in SD now, going to UCSD but I dont even know people here who have tried anything more than weed so... i wouldnt know where to get the shit, and i dont want any sketchy drug deals in TJ, especially with all the shit going on down there right now.

orbit
01-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Don't k-hole the thread please.

full on idle
01-29-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm a narc and I read this thread.

JustSteve
01-29-2008, 09:33 PM
i want to see christopher fuckin' walken come out and dance to "weapon of choice".

i_like_cake530
01-29-2008, 09:36 PM
5. Temp under 95 degrees all weekend.

4. Mogwai gets added to sunday.

3. Smoke a blunt with J. Spaceman

2. Surprise Pink Floyd reunion

1. Get head during the guitar solo on Glory Box (at the risk of blowing the girl's head off.)

Trick Loves The Kids
01-29-2008, 09:42 PM
1) Boyz Noize melts my face
2) Fatboy Slim melts my face
3) I can open my locker without having to fight it this year
4) Booka Shade melts my face off
5) Kraftwerk teach me the meaning of life

instinct
01-29-2008, 09:45 PM
actually I do live here in SD now, going to UCSD but I dont even know people here who have tried anything more than weed so... i wouldnt know where to get the shit, and i dont want any sketchy drug deals in TJ, especially with all the shit going on down there right now.

Go to an all night techno electronic disco dance rave party. K was actually pretty popular in like 2002.. but has died down a lot.. but it's still around.

p.s. I would never recommend buying drugs in Mexico.

::end k-hole::

kaeso
01-29-2008, 09:55 PM
I have been holding onto some 2CI for like two years. dont know if I wanna take it seeing as how I never have before and would hate to have a bad experience at coachella.

2CI, in my limited (tried twice) experience, is decidedly mellow and lucid. Obviously, dosage and one's idiosyncratic reaction are factors in these observations, but I would expect it to be a relatively safe choice (relative to other more destructive substances).

full on idle
01-29-2008, 09:57 PM
IP logged

miscorrections
01-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Businesswoman at work!

full on idle
01-29-2008, 10:00 PM
please I'm working

miscorrections
01-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Dollars and sense.

instinct
01-29-2008, 10:21 PM
2CI, in my limited (tried twice) experience, is decidedly mellow and lucid. Obviously, dosage and one's idiosyncratic reaction are factors in these observations, but I would expect it to be a relatively safe choice (relative to other more destructive substances).

Most of the 2C-* drugs seem to be on the more mellow side of psychedelics.. Also, I think getting 2C-I would be harder to get than K.

PassiveTheory
01-29-2008, 10:28 PM
You are a fucking GENIUS, i have begged for Nick Cave e-mail after e-mail to GV, i think if i were to hear ships song at dusk, my soul would seperate from my body and hop a ride on haley-dopp's comet.

Hah, thanks. =D

Boourns
01-29-2008, 10:38 PM
1. Portishead is everything I dreamed of and I hear most of my most favorites
2. one of the bands I check out that I did not know or care much about before Coachella '08 becomes a lifelong fave
3. I have good times with good people, both familiar and new
14. I leave Coachella feeling more than content with everything I've seen/heard/experienced
500. I don't get sick for three fucking weeks again and am not the victim of any more crimes

MonsoonSeason
01-29-2008, 11:24 PM
pregame: I win this scholarship so I have money to attend
1. I don't do any drugs on purpose or on accident
2. alcohol is not a drug
3. kraftwerk is equivalent to daft punk live
4. I try more food than before
5. I get rides to and from the venue for free

oh yeah and friends and good music and sex blahbblabhblahblahb

cooperb1
01-30-2008, 12:03 AM
1 get to see new bands
2 tyr new food
3 wakeup in time for first set each day
4 not have it verry hot 70-75 tops would be grate
5 be in pure uphora all weekend

MantisMel
01-30-2008, 12:30 AM
-Make new friends
-See my future favorite band of all time
-Get a tan on my albino ass
-Find money
-Stay awake long enough to party when I get back to the campsite

rage patton
01-30-2008, 12:36 AM
i want to see christopher fuckin' walken come out and dance to "weapon of choice".

hahah, yeah man! That is definately my #1 Coachella want. 2-5 to follow soon.

paulb
01-30-2008, 01:19 AM
1. Have a great time with my girlfriend and friends
2. Dont get sunburned and exhausted from dancing so long in the Sahara
3. Prodigy get added and start the biggest pit in the Sahara
4. Justice put on one of their best shows...
5. Gogol Bordello crowd surf on the bass drum

Gyrus
01-30-2008, 01:54 AM
1) Get there in one piece with all the people that I'm planning on meeting up with.

2) Get to see everyone I want to see and be introduced to all types of new music

3) Get trashed.

4) Get laid whilst standing in the crowd

5) get laid in the tent.

vinylmartyr
01-30-2008, 03:18 AM
1) Get there in one piece with all the people that I'm planning on meeting up with.

2) Get to see everyone I want to see and be introduced to all types of new music

3) Get trashed.

4) Get laid whilst standing in the crowd

5) get laid in the tent.

flappyjack is that you?

chacamicaca
01-31-2008, 09:15 PM
1) Get to the campsite early Thurs. afternoon and chill all day
2) Have that scared/paranoid marijuana buzz during Animal Collective
3) Have Kraftwerk top the kickass '04 show
4) Have a mellow, happy-ending marijuana buzz during Roger Waters
5) Avoid getting stabbed with an Aidz Needle while someone makes a crime

KookyFor1973
02-01-2008, 06:29 PM
-Get one of my girlfriends to actually COMMIT to come with me
-Find a carpool to and from LAX with someone who's not a douche
-More rock and roll added to the bill
-Meet some fab glam companions and some beautiful rock boys
-Don't get robbed or shot or stabbed

thelastgreatman
02-01-2008, 07:01 PM
But my wishes are

Your drug strategy is amateur, although admirably excessive. DMT for Waters is a complete mismatch, rolling two days in a row is going to be a waste, mixing oxy with rolls is contraindicative, and the K should be used Saturday more than Friday by far.

evilmushroompie
02-01-2008, 07:04 PM
1. Get really close for the Black Lips
2. Kraftwerk=Daft Punk
3. Make-out with some girls that are friends that I haven't seen in a while.
4. Get 2 very, very cool rememberable tshits.
5. Pink Floyd reunion, mostly for bragging rights

Memorial_07
02-02-2008, 06:56 AM
1. My Bloody Valentine gets added and overshadows the first day.
2. Cocteau Twins co-headline Sunday and play "Frou-Frou Foxes In Midsummer Fires" and finish their set with "Bluebeard."
3. Portishead plays "It's A Fire."
4. Kraftwerk plays after Portishead on the main stage and blows me away.
5. Soak in everything on Sunday while laying on the grass.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-02-2008, 07:21 AM
1. That Thom Yorke decides to show up to check out the festival and does a one off with the Modeselektor...

2. Saturday becomes conflict free for me and I can see full sets of: Kraftwerk, Portishead, DCFC, Spiritualized, M.I.A. and Cafe Tacvba.

3. We get more adds to Friday to make up for the lack of bands (that I want to see anyways).

4. That Portishead, Kraftwerk (even though I have seen them already) and Roger Waters live up to my expectations of them.

5. To leave with lots of great memories...

Sonicifyouwantit
02-02-2008, 10:38 AM
To have a continuous smile

To see all the acts I want to

To discover two groups I had no idea about and LOVE

To be apart of that one poignant moment we share at the same time, realizing there wont be a moment recreated like this for a very very long time. (usually happens during one of the night sets or sunset)

and finally give me good weather, somewhere around 2005 temps and not 2004.

im so indie
02-03-2008, 10:19 AM
1. Battles closes the Outdoor Theater opposite JJ on the main stage, which makes "Inaudible Melodies" literally inaudible.

2. Modeselektor plays after dark and scares the shit out of my girlfriend while she's rolling

3. Deacon shows up with Animal Collective and they play "Grass", "We Tigers", and "For Reverend Green"

4. Akron/Family gets the entire tent singing along and dancing to "Ed is a Portal".

5. Gogol Bordello does not conflict with Roger Waters.

BROKENDOLL
02-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Your drug strategy is amateur, although admirably excessive. DMT for Waters is a complete mismatch, rolling two days in a row is going to be a waste, mixing oxy with rolls is contraindicative, and the K should be used Saturday more than Friday by far.
Dr. Dimento just came to mind when I read this...

BROKENDOLL
02-03-2008, 01:15 PM
To have a continuous smile

To see all the acts I want to

To discover two groups I had no idea about and LOVE

To be apart of that one poignant moment we share at the same time, realizing there wont be a moment recreated like this for a very very long time. (usually happens during one of the night sets or sunset)

and finally give me good weather, somewhere around 2005 temps and not 2004.
I just had a 2006 Daft Punk moment.

idrive1life
02-03-2008, 02:29 PM
5 or more Things I Want To Happen at Coachella 2008

1. To rain (may be just drizzle or little bit so as not to mess the tents at camping) and for weather to not hit > 100s (Or for it to stay in 80s and low 90s during the day)

2. I will have more time for relaxation and socializing with all the nice people in the festival (& that I will still be able to see all my must-see bands). Leave or go home with even more awesome and unforgettable memories. If I have to meet people at this board accidentally, I hope they are my favorite posters of the board.

3. All my must-see bands I would be able to check out will blow me away (and that the much-needed more great acts will be finally added few days after I posted this).

4. I hope to see and be with great music fans during Kraftwerk, Hot Chip, Metric, The Swell Season, The Verve, Spiritualized, Portishead, Simian Mobile Disco, Animal Collective, 120 Days, Holy Fuck, The Raconteurs ... (refer to my sig for some more). That they (those fans) will do it right with me (rock & party like true music fans) during those shows.

Oh well, I would love to meet some of my favorite acts in the grounds when they are not performing.

5. Excellent or better food selection inside the festival (vendors selling gross looking/tasting food should be banned), e.g, In N Out Burger etc.

amyzzz
02-03-2008, 04:35 PM

I went to the U also and every year coachella fell on the weekend before finals. Hence why I havent made it yet. I even bought tickets for 2005 and had to sell them the day before. Fucking sucked. My ex told me that coachella is once again the weekend before finals. So ... yeah good luck man. might as well just drop your classes now
Take the 2ci. One of my favorites, and so awesome for music.

fatbastard
02-03-2008, 04:42 PM
1. BBQ
2. Life changing music
3. Snow cones
4. 95+ temps
5. Close parking

idrive1life
02-03-2008, 05:02 PM
I'll come back to this thread after Coachella so I could give you an update as to which ones of my 5-point plan err vision or wish will happen. ;)

frozen pilgrim
02-03-2008, 05:13 PM
1) bask in the desert sun
2) see a bunch of artists I've never heard before
3) meet fun people in the campground
4) let portishead melt me into the ground
5) meet deltasigchi4 and beat the living fuck out of him

AbundantChoice
02-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Let's see

1) Fill a tub with frozen lemonade and take a frosty bath in it
2) The Plasticines invite me to officiate a pillow fight between them and the Sambazon servers
3) Robochrists' robodestruction installation goes horribly, horribly wrong.
4) The Tesla coil plays Love Will Tear Us Apart
5) We re-find the strange "back route" to the festival we stumbled across in 2002, but have not been able to re-find since.

microserfs21
02-03-2008, 08:33 PM
1. See dcfc play an awesome sunset set
2. Meet lots of awesome people as I am going alone
3. Not have Roger Water's and Justice conflict
4. Maybe do a little drug experimentation
5. Enjoy the awesome weather

boarderwoozel3
02-03-2008, 08:36 PM
1) bask in the desert sun
2) see a bunch of artists I've never heard before
3) meet fun people in the campground
4) let portishead melt me into the ground
5) meet deltasigchi4 and beat the living fuck out of him

Awsome

morelifefucker
02-04-2008, 07:06 AM
1. find a fat wad of money on the floor and not feel guilty about spending it.

2. score some acid or shrooms just in time for waters and not have anyone think im a cop , cuz im not , shit i`ll even match bowls with you to prove it.

3. not get caught by a narco smoking bowls with whomever gots the acid and shrooms.

4. find a bag of rolls that some raver kid dropped .........happend before

5. it would be nice if someone else offered to drive back to the room cuz i`ll prob be stuck tripping on the brakelights in front of me and forget to stop and i might crash into someone. that is if number 2 (up above) happens.

quicksand
04-06-2008, 11:47 AM
in the right thread now...

1. D.A.N.C.E. my ass off for Justice
2. Get high for Roger Waters
3. Get some hot, sweaty, desert action
4. Meet a cool musician
5. Hear Animal Collective play "For Reverend Green".

Butthead'sCousin
04-06-2008, 11:48 AM
i found a post like this but i want to add more to my wish list so here we go ...

1. see Wee Man again this year and buy him a beer this time !
2. be surprised by Turbonegro showing up
3. NOT puking in a port-o-potty
4. less sleep - more partying at the salton sea
5. NOT having some rent-a-cop take away my buddy's pipe (( that was years ago - we have wised up and rolled j's now ))

clumsy342
04-06-2008, 11:59 AM
I want...

1. To be able to go inside the treehouse!
2. To be able to catch Breeders AND DIOY,Y? .. I smell a conflict.
3. Animal Collective to play a set of released songs + "water curses".
4. Battles to play "Ddiamondd".
5. To lose my shit during "Kill Bill Vol. 5" and "Dancingbox".

zenidogx
04-06-2008, 12:39 PM
1. Get really close for the Black Lips

4. Get 2 very, very cool rememberable tshits.
5. Pink Floyd reunion, mostly for bragging rights

same. except:

2. Get close enough for Gogol to help them chicks surf the crowd
3. Not spend any money for food inside. (done it sat. last year)

patsfan5454
04-06-2008, 02:07 PM
1. Get there earlier than i did last year, like around 5 or 6 at sunset would be perfect, enough time to set up camp before dark so i can party all night get a good buzz and smoke sum weed with the party all weekend group!

2. See MGMT on saturday blow my mind on the outdoor theatre at sunset (PERFECT Setting!)

3. Take some X saturday night and trip to kraftwerk and boyz noize, continuing to party all night in the campgrounds!

4. Have no conflicts all day sunday and get to see everyone i want to : Murs, Chromeo, Gogol Bordello, Simian Mobile Disco, and especially get to see both Justice and Roger Waters!

5. Take Mushrooms and trip balls to Roger Waters!

Spongehead56
04-06-2008, 05:00 PM
1. Be able to find rolls/acid at the event; flying with it is just too risky.
2. Have Aphex Twin put on a good show with either those weird dancers or well done visuals.
3. Fall in love with a band I've never heard of.
4. Make fun Coachella friends :)
5. Have no conflict between Goldfrapp and Aphex.

clecirclecir@juno.com
04-07-2008, 09:53 PM
-meet a good crew of people to hang out with thursday
-Portishead doing a complete play-through of Dummy and S/T
-having some sort of pleasant drug in me for aphex twin, mum, and animal collective
-finding my tent
-finding your tent