PDA

View Full Version : SICK OF THE 3 DAY B.S.

yahooo
01-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Aren't you sick of the nonsense of the 1 day passes being limited and the 3 days being offered!!! What a waste! This years line up blows a tijuana donkey!!! I am fed up!!!!! Sorry Coachella won't be back next year either.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-29-2008, 06:56 PM
This years line up blows a tijuana donkey!!!

LOL

MarkO
01-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Aren't you sick of the nonsense of the 1 day passes being limited and the 3 days being offered!!! What a waste! This years line up blows a tijuana donkey!!! I am fed up!!!!! Sorry Coachella won't be back next year either.

Yes I too am sick of them offering tickets to the festival. I WANT CAKE.

also .... you seem to be a little too familiar with the nightlife south of the border. Yikes.

kreutz2112
01-30-2008, 02:52 PM
dont come.

psychic friend
01-30-2008, 02:55 PM
troll

noisemachine
01-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Sorry Coachella won't be back next year either.
Wait...what? Really? No, no, no, no, please come! We really want you. Coachella won't be complete without you. Ok ok we'll do anything you want, just please come next year!

suprefan
01-30-2008, 03:06 PM

You snooze you lose biznatch.....

JustSteve
01-30-2008, 03:08 PM
it is a 3 day festival, not a one day show. they cater to the people who want to experience the event as a whole, not just a few hours.

drugks Gillespie
01-30-2008, 03:16 PM
3 days is great what the hell are you talking about. don't go.

mandelbaum
01-30-2008, 03:26 PM
it is a 3 day festival, not a one day show. they cater to the people who want to experience the event as a whole, not just a few hours.

Whatever. They cater to whatever sells the largest volume of tickets. And in this case, they made a judgment to pull the single days and get people focused on 3 day passes because in their determination that was the best way to maximize revenue.

gaypalmsprings
01-30-2008, 04:03 PM
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/14/10351000/ngbbs450dcf0fe57f6.gif

M Sparks
01-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Everyone Loves Hypnotoad

psychic friend
01-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Whatever. They cater to whatever sells the largest volume of tickets. And in this case, they made a judgment to pull the single days and get people focused on 3 day passes because in their determination that was the best way to maximize revenue.

that is incorrect.

flowbee
01-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Would have preferred a 2-day event with a consolidated lineup

Single day passes are nice, those are offered until the day of the event at Bumbershoot. I caved in and got the 3-day pass. My main gripe is not being able to leave and come back later in the day

Cpt. Funkaho
01-30-2008, 04:45 PM

F that, I'm coming from Alaska and I want to see as many bands as I can. This is basically the only show I can afford all year. Popping down to Seattle/Portland every couple of weeks to catch whoever's playing isn't exactly cost-effective.

emtgreg
01-30-2008, 05:24 PM
baaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

whiney fucks, jesus christ...

someone forgot that there tends to be i dont know, indie music at the indie festival...

go to lolla if you want all big name bands, i want to go discover some folks...

you know, like last year, when i had no idea who amy wino was now the damn news wont stfu about her...

when i talk about coach to friends, yeah i might mention rage, but most likely i mention a coked out lohan or seeing mother fucking ratatat 3 feet from my melting face...

stop whining, go somewhere else.

that is all

</rant>

hypervera
01-30-2008, 05:31 PM

we have the freedom to choose what days to go. in my case i dont care about saturday (well portishead is good) or sunday so i wont pay a lot of money to see little bands that i dont know. the 3 day passes are ok for people that like bands of the all 3 days or have a lot of money

A Northern Soul
01-30-2008, 05:51 PM
I couldn't agree more! There aren't enough good bands to fill 3 days. Now they're panicing cos nobody wants a freakin 3 day pass so they took away the 1 day passes trying to force us to go all 3 days! Well I say fuck them! Go back to 2 days dumbfucks cos Coachella isn't Glastonbury or Isle If Wight. Accept that and deal w/it....

psychic friend
01-30-2008, 06:21 PM
incorrect

Mr.Wyndham
01-30-2008, 06:38 PM
its all about the the 3 day pass!! i love it.

JustSteve
01-30-2008, 06:48 PM
correct

evilmushroompie
01-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Tight dude!

Krash_Kronic
01-30-2008, 06:59 PM
I just bought my three day pass, and i cant wait to go

suprefan
01-31-2008, 12:12 AM

Single day passes are nice, those are offered until the day of the event at Bumbershoot. I caved in and got the 3-day pass. My main gripe is not being able to leave and come back later in the day

Yeah but bumbershoots format sucks balls, I need special wristbands to see certain acts and be able to go to certain stages, thats just dumb. And you wonder why it doesnt sell out like coachella does right?

Jakewc151
01-31-2008, 01:03 AM
PF don't lie.. The reason why so many singles sold so fast is because of the rising popularity of Coachella internationally.. It's not just us on this message board who love Coachella, really guys..Jack Johnson does not mean SHIT... People love this shit because of word of mouth from past attendees.

sonofhal
01-31-2008, 01:12 AM
I couldn't agree more! There aren't enough good bands to fill 3 days. Now they're panicing cos nobody wants a freakin 3 day pass so they took away the 1 day passes trying to force us to go all 3 days! Well I say fuck them! Go back to 2 days dumbfucks cos Coachella isn't Glastonbury or Isle If Wight. Accept that and deal w/it....

Nobody would ever want to emulate the Isle (of) Wight festival. Enjoy your 3 days of brainless ladrock.

hypervera
01-31-2008, 07:53 AM
PF don't lie.. The reason why so many singles sold so fast is because of the rising popularity of Coachella internationally.. It's not just us on this message board who love Coachella, really guys..Jack Johnson does not mean SHIT... People love this shit because of word of mouth from past attendees.

single tickets sold out so fast because the people dont want to go the fuckin 3 days!!!!

ProEdge
02-04-2008, 04:53 PM

That answer is...true.

fasttrack
02-04-2008, 05:10 PM
That answer is...true.

it's not true. if goldenvoice wanted to "maximize revenue" they would only sell single day tickets.
1. it costs more for 3 single tickets than a 3 day pass does.
2. it might have completely sold out already if it were only single day passes.

hypervera
02-04-2008, 05:12 PM
it's not true. if goldenvoice wanted to "maximize revenue" they would only sell single day tickets.
2. it might have completely sold out already if it were only single day passes.

totally right!

bballarl
02-04-2008, 07:01 PM
I am happy that Goldenvoice decides not to maximize revenue by charging exorbitant sums for water/$10 or more for parking/1000 other things they could be doing. I am pretty sure they do their best to keep prices down while still keeping Coachella a viable economic venture. I don't think Goldenvoice are out to make the most money possible.

Trailmix
02-05-2008, 06:29 AM
Never been able to understand the point of going only one day. It is a festival if you want to see one or two bands only go see them at a local venue which would be cheaper than a one day ticket to Coachella any way.

M Sparks
02-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Never been able to understand the point of going only one day. It is a festival if you want to see one or two bands only go see them at a local venue which would be cheaper than a one day ticket to Coachella any way.

Last year was my first year...we only went one day. It was an issue of economics and time. I had always wanted to go, and Friday had just the right blend- I knew I'd be getting more than my money's worth. We loved it, and now we're coming back for all three days.

By your logic, you're only going to want to see 3-6 bands over 3 days, so again- it's cheaper to go to a "local venue". BTW...the nearest "local venue" to me is about 2 hours away.

Not everyone is you.

Trailmix
02-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Also if they had unlimited one day tickets available it could really screw up the festival for those who plan on going for three days. For example last year with the whole Rage thing Sunday would have sold out quickly and the other two days would have not. If someone was not quick about buying tickets they would only have been able to attend two days which for some would not been worth the trip considering how long it takes some people to get there.

TomAz
02-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Not everyone is you.

wisdom.

ProEdge
02-05-2008, 07:01 PM
2. it might have completely sold out already if it were only single day passes.What the F are you talking about?? They're the same price! If I were to buy 3 tickets for all 3 days, I'd be paying the same as a 3 day pass. Could you explain this theory in numbers please? You see what you're missing here is that GV knows that by limiting single day tickets, they can make up the lost for any day that may not sell as well (hint Friday). This was a clever tactic last year with a major headliner like Rage. I really did not think they would pull this same stunt again though. But with people especially disappointed with you know who (I won't say his name), I guess it makes sense for GV to be greedy again. The only day that was of interest to me was Sat but of course now I need to either buy a 3 day pass, which I will not do, or find some tickets on eBay, which is what I'll probably do.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 07:04 PM
3day passes are cheaper than buying 3 single tickets

ProEdge
02-05-2008, 07:10 PM
3day passes are cheaper than buying 3 single ticketsI guess maybe you never learned to add numbers.
Click on this link: http://www.coachella.com/tickets
A three day pass $269.00.
Single passes were $90. Multiply by 3 and you get $270. If by cheaper you mean $1, then you must have a crappy job.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 07:10 PM

the point of going just one day is that some people doesnt care about the other 2 days, very simple

and have like 3 fucking great band at coachella is cheaper than have just one band in a local venue

example coachella 2005: coldplay 45dlls aprox, chemical bros 30dlls aprox, weezer 30dlls aprox, keane 30 dlls, snow patrol 30dlls=165dlls and a coachella single day ticket its 100dlls!!!!

psychic friend
02-05-2008, 07:12 PM
the point of going just one day is that some people doesnt care about the other 2 days, very simple

this festival doesnt cater to them, very simple

gaypalmsprings
02-05-2008, 07:14 PM
who does JJ cater to?

boarderwoozel3
02-05-2008, 07:15 PM
this festival doesnt cater to them, very simple

Damn skippy. How could you not want 3 days of paradise?

I'd go for a month if I could.

psychic friend
02-05-2008, 07:15 PM
i didnt say i didnt want it. im happy its three days of paradise. i will skip jj.

ProEdge
02-05-2008, 07:18 PM
this festival doesnt cater to them, very simpleI disagree with that pf. I've gone to four coachella festivals and I know what to expect. This festival, imo, for a long time was not a mainstream festival. Yes, there were mainstream acts but the festival itself took many years for it to propel to what it is today. To say that it caters only to people who want to spend 3 days out there is ridiculous. If that were the truth, then why doesn't GV promote that belief? Why don't they make that there signature phrase? They don't because not everyone cares about going all 3 days. Maybe some want to go one and others want to go two. Now that's how simple it is.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 07:18 PM
I guess maybe you never learned to add numbers.
Click on this link: http://www.coachella.com/tickets
A three day pass $269.00.
Single passes were $90. Multiply by 3 and you get $270. If by cheaper you mean $1, then you must have a crappy job.

3 Day (Fri- Sat- Sun) General Admission Ticket Ticket
PriceUS $269.00
Convenience ChargeUS $22.20
Building Facility ChargeUS $12.00
total= 303.20 dlls!!!

1 single day ticket 91 dlls play charges i dont know aprox 15dlls
total 106 dlls aprox and 106x3= 318 aprox

conclusion when you buy a 3 day pass you save like 20dlls

whats the fuckin point of 3day pass save one dollar?? its stupid

fasttrack
02-05-2008, 07:19 PM
What the F are you talking about?? They're the same price! If I were to buy 3 tickets for all 3 days, I'd be paying the same as a 3 day pass. Could you explain this theory in numbers please? You see what you're missing here is that GV knows that by limiting single day tickets, they can make up the lost for any day that may not sell as well (hint Friday). This was a clever tactic last year with a major headliner like Rage. I really did not think they would pull this same stunt again though. But with people especially disappointed with you know who (I won't say his name), I guess it makes sense for GV to be greedy again. The only day that was of interest to me was Sat but of course now I need to either buy a 3 day pass, which I will not do, or find some tickets on eBay, which is what I'll probably do.

single day ticket - $90 X 3 + $1 for charity each day = $270 + ticketmaster charges for each individual transaction.

3 day pass - $269 + $3 for charity + ticketmaster charges for one transaction. less.

limiting single day passes is not a "tactic" by goldenvoice invented last year as it seems you think. as far as i know, you've always had the option of buying either single day or multiple day (3 days begining last year). i believe '99 was a different story.

psychic friend
02-05-2008, 07:19 PM
its healthy to disagree :)

ProEdge
02-05-2008, 07:35 PM
single day ticket - $90 X 3 + $1 for charity each day = $270 + ticketmaster charges for each individual transaction.

3 day pass - $269 + $3 for charity + ticketmaster charges for one transaction. less.

limiting single day passes is not a "tactic" by goldenvoice invented last year as it seems you think. as far as i know, you've always had the option of buying either single day or multiple day (3 days begining last year). i believe '99 was a different story.Yes you've always had the option of either single or pass packages, but the limitation was only introduced last year. Maybe PF can shed some light to this because as far as I can remember, limiting single day tickets was never the case.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 07:38 PM
in your face proedge!!

boarderwoozel3
02-05-2008, 07:41 PM
i didnt say i didnt want it. im happy its three days of paradise. i will skip jj.

I was agreeing with you, although in kinda unclear way. Jeez PF, dealing with everyone's shit has led you to assume the worst.

ProEdge
02-05-2008, 07:46 PM
in your face proedge!!Okay?

hypervera
02-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Okay?

ok no problem

ProEdge
02-05-2008, 07:54 PM
ok no problemYou're a funny guy.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 07:58 PM
You're a funny guy.

yeah sometimes peace:thu

Bud Luster
02-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I disagree with that pf. I've gone to four coachella festivals and I know what to expect. This festival, imo, for a long time was not a mainstream festival. Yes, there were mainstream acts but the festival itself took many years for it to propel to what it is today. To say that it caters only to people who want to spend 3 days out there is ridiculous. If that were the truth, then why doesn't GV promote that belief? Why don't they make that there signature phrase? They don't because not everyone cares about going all 3 days. Maybe some want to go one and others want to go two. Now that's how simple it is.

Offering only limited single day tix IS promoting this belief you fucking jackass.

psychic friend
02-05-2008, 08:27 PM
I was agreeing with you, although in kinda unclear way.

sorry you quoted me in your reply. so i responded accordingly.

microcuts
02-05-2008, 08:59 PM
To say that it caters only to people who want to spend 3 days out there is ridiculous. If that were the truth, then why doesn't GV promote that belief?

From the main page at Coachella.com

http://coachella.com/images/mainPoster.jpg

That stares you right in the face as you load the website. If that's not promoting that belief, then I really don't know what is.

gmoneyak
02-05-2008, 10:23 PM
3 Day (Fri- Sat- Sun) General Admission Ticket Ticket
PriceUS $269.00
Convenience ChargeUS $22.20
Building Facility ChargeUS $12.00
total= 303.20 dlls!!!

1 single day ticket 91 dlls play charges i dont know aprox 15dlls
total 106 dlls aprox and 106x3= 318 aprox

conclusion when you buy a 3 day pass you save like 20dlls

whats the fuckin point of 3day pass save one dollar?? its stupid

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/jetsfann/Math.jpg

hypervera
02-05-2008, 10:26 PM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/jetsfann/Math.jpg

yeah!

thelastgreatman
02-05-2008, 10:48 PM
I hope they stop selling single days entirely.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 10:49 PM
I hope they stop selling single days entirely.

wait but what if you just like one day and the other 2 days totally sucks!!???

thelastgreatman
02-05-2008, 10:51 PM
wait but what if you just like one day and the other 2 days totally sucks!!???

It's never happened thus far. You go out, enjoy the festival, and try to expand your fucking horizons. Most festivals don't do single day tickets, particularly European festivals, because the idea is to come for the full experience, not to sit back and assume you're not going to like what's presented just because you're a jerkoff.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 11:03 PM
It's never happened thus far. You go out, enjoy the festival, and try to expand your fucking horizons. Most festivals don't do single day tickets, particularly European festivals, because the idea is to come for the full experience, not to sit back and assume you're not going to like what's presented just because you're a jerkoff.

its ok your point of view. i like single tickets because of the freedom to choose the day, i like to go to coachella because of the big bands not for the small bands and to save some money, i dont like to waste money on bands that i dont know. you know 3 big bands costs like 40 dlls and at coachella you can save some dlls thats all

thelastgreatman
02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Right. Your attitude is exactly why I don't want single day tickets anymore. "I go for the big bands." Go fuck yourself.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Right. Your attitude is exactly why I don't want single day tickets anymore. "I go for the big bands." Go fuck yourself.

whats wrong with that?? 3 or 4 big bands same place and same day! save some dlls! its great.

i wish i could :lips

thelastgreatman
02-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Because there's 40 bands per day. The thing that's great about Coachella isn't going to see the acts you already know, it's being surprised by a whole year's worth of music to obsess about that you might have never have heard of before.

Nevermind, there's no fucking talking to you.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Because there's 40 bands per day. The thing that's great about Coachella isn't going to see the acts you already know, it's being surprised by a whole year's worth of music to obsess about that you might have never have heard of before.

yeah its ok if you can see some unknown bands but the big shit is the big bands. in my case ive never seen before the verve, the breeders, fatboy slim and the raconteurs, im on friday because of these bands and i dont care about the rest of the lineup, if i enjoy some small bands is ok but i fuckin paid for the bands i mentioned:thu

different points of view thats all

gmoneyak
02-05-2008, 11:20 PM
An "A" for effort, Randy. More than I would've tried.

thelastgreatman
02-05-2008, 11:24 PM
yeah its ok if you can see some unknown bands but the big shit is the big bands. in my case ive never seen before the verve, the breeders, fatboy slim and the raconteurs, im on friday because of these bands and i dont care about the rest of the lineup, if i enjoy some small bands is ok but i fuckin paid for the bands i mentioned:thu

different points of view thats all

Right, and your point of view is exactly what I don't want there. You're not interested in seeing any of the legendary or promising acts on Saturday or Sunday just because you don't think you like them. The point of Coachella is to go and experience shit, and maybe you like it maybe you don't, but if you do it right you come away finding out that there's a lot of amazing music out there that you didn't know about because you're a narrow-minded cunt who only wants to see bands she KNOWS she likes.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Right, and your point of view is exactly what I don't want there. You're not interested in seeing any of the legendary or promising acts on Saturday or Sunday just because you don't think you like them. The point of Coachella is to go and experience shit, and maybe you like it maybe you don't, but if you do it right you come away finding out that there's a lot of amazing music out there that you didn't know about because you're a narrow-minded cunt who only wants to see bands she KNOWS she likes.

saturday i just care about portishead and i wont pay like 100dlls just for one band and sunday i just dont care. i know some small bands but i wont waste my money
and yeah promising acts well ill see them later when i know them ,coachella 2009 or 2010.
and i dont know alot of bands because i dont have your radiostations and i dont live on myspace searching for new bands.
i pay for bands that i want to see. and whats your problem? will you be asking everybody why are you here?? for the big bands or to know new bands?

thelastgreatman
02-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Coachella HAS A FUCKING MEDIA PLAYER TO INTRODUCE YOU TO ALL THE BANDS. And no, yeah, you're right, your view makes so much sense--why would I want to see bands that could be the next Verve/Breeders/Raconteurs BEFORE they're insanely popular? Do you like any music that hasn't gone platinum, you silly twat?

Oh, and claiming to have excellent taste in music, especially given how much you pimp British music, and then saying you have no interest in Portishead just goes to prove without exception that you're a tasteless bag of shit.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Coachella HAS A FUCKING MEDIA PLAYER TO INTRODUCE YOU TO ALL THE BANDS. And no, yeah, you're right, your view makes so much sense--why would I want to see bands that could be the next Verve/Breeders/Raconteurs BEFORE they're insanely popular? Do you like any music that hasn't gone platinum, you silly twat?

Oh, and claiming to have excellent taste in music, especially given how much you pimp British music, and then saying you have no interest in Portishead just goes to prove without exception that you're a tasteless bag of shit.

im so lazy to listen to that media player, i listen to my music thats all. wait a knew muse before they get fuckin popular!!! haha a little example since 1999!! and i saw the killers before they get huge (i saw brandon flowers connecting his keyboard and carrying their equipment). i dont search for new bands, they come to me thats how i work :winkiss

yeah i have an excellent taste in music, when someday ill listen to your small bands and ill decide if i like them or not. i never said i dont have interest in portishead, the point is that i wont pay 100dlls just for one band if they add the chemical brothers on saturday im in!!

i wont waste my money in days that i dont care! i have to save money for this summer radiohead, REM, maybe coldplay and other platinium bands that will be touring this year yeah!!!!

thelastgreatman
02-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Right. The Killers suck. Muse is pretty good. If you paid more attention to Coachella you might develop actually good taste in music.

hypervera
02-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Right. The Killers suck. Muse is pretty good. If you paid more attention to Coachella you might develop actually good taste in music.

yeah i know coachella helps but some big concerts are coming so i have to choose what events to go

thelastgreatman
02-06-2008, 06:23 AM
Awesome, so go ahead and make the wrong choice. I personally would prefer it if people like yourself weren't there, hence no single day passes. Go see Muse or The Killers or something instead of Portishead and Roger Waters, by all means--GO. Stay the fuck out.

FarahKitty
02-06-2008, 07:33 AM
yeah i know coachella helps but some big concerts are coming so i have to choose what events to go

Coachella is a big concert. Coachella has and is changing. You can either change with it or don't go at all. In the end this is a business and Goldenvoice wants everyone to have a Coachella "experience". With that experience they want you to attend all 3 days. They don't have to offer single day tickets. Yes they might alienate some people but in the end it's all business. If you don't like the way they do business then go to another festival or music venue.

microcuts
02-06-2008, 07:45 AM
For most people, Coachella is well out of the way. It's practically out in the middle of nowhere - even the pure location of it promotes going for the whole thing. Go see the big bands at Staples Center and let everyone else make the plunge and go in it for the long haul. It's the only way to get the true experience.

75 Miles
02-06-2008, 10:04 AM
It amazes me that anyone is pissed off about this, either way.

I would LOVE to go all three days and get the full "experience". I live locally (relatively speaking, about an hour away), so I don't need to go all three days to make the trip worthwile. I have little kids. I'm not dumping them off on anyone so I can go to a 3-day music festival. How, exactly, is it diluting anyone else's experience if I (or anyone else) only go one day?

That said, I'm not bitching because I didn't get my single day pass quickly enough while they were on sale.

Relax!

westlasoccermom
02-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Also if they had unlimited one day tickets available it could really screw up the festival for those who plan on going for three days. For example last year with the whole Rage thing Sunday would have sold out quickly and the other two days would have not. If someone was not quick about buying tickets they would only have been able to attend two days which for some would not been worth the trip considering how long it takes some people to get there.

yu dumbass trailmix, tickets DID sell out for saturday shortly after they did for sunday. You have zero fact behind your rants. are you like 12 yrs old or something. This festival is the biggest, most watered down, rip off that i have ever seen. I better see them put up "POPE J.P. RISES FROM DEAD TO PERFORM COMEDY ACT" before i have enough interest to spend money on this festival. EVERYONE IS FAR FROM COACHELLA, like the homie above said, NOT EVERYONE IS YOU!

westlasoccermom
02-06-2008, 10:53 AM

Go fuck your own self lastgreatman. you really think you know more about music than your fellow coachella attendee. First, the big names consolidated into a festival where none of them are truly superstars has been the spirit of coachella forever. You fucking need to get laid, or something, becuase i do not pay 90 hots a DAY to see bands that might be kinda good. Go fuck yourself, again. Just cuz your a music snob and think people owe you something does not mean that you have any basis in reality. WHY DO YOU THINK BIG BANDS GET TO BE SO BIG? well my guess is that they are worth it. Unlike you, so please save all the fucking for yourself you pompus ***.

hypervera
02-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Awesome, so go ahead and make the wrong choice. I personally would prefer it if people like yourself weren't there, hence no single day passes. Go see Muse or The Killers or something instead of Portishead and Roger Waters, by all means--GO. Stay the fuck out.

dont worry ill go just the first day and thanks for your support i prefer to see REM, radiohead,muse and the killers instead of roger waters and portishead :lips

hypervera
02-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Coachella is a big concert. Coachella has and is changing. You can either change with it or don't go at all. In the end this is a business and Goldenvoice wants everyone to have a Coachella "experience". With that experience they want you to attend all 3 days. They don't have to offer single day tickets. Yes they might alienate some people but in the end it's all business. If you don't like the way they do business then go to another festival or music venue.

yeah its business im not new here my first coachella was in 2003. the organizers can do whatever they want, i just said i like the single day tickets because i dont care about the other days, if the other 2 days get the chemical brothers or REM im in all the 3 days but it wont happen, coachella 2004 i went the 2 days, why? because it was the best coachella radiohead, pixies, the cure, muse, etc, im not against the 3 day pass i just like the freedom to choose what day to go. and yes promoters can do whatever they want

hypervera
02-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Go fuck your own self lastgreatman. you really think you know more about music than your fellow coachella attendee. First, the big names consolidated into a festival where none of them are truly superstars has been the spirit of coachella forever. You fucking need to get laid, or something, becuase i do not pay 90 hots a DAY to see bands that might be kinda good. Go fuck yourself, again. Just cuz your a music snob and think people owe you something does not mean that you have any basis in reality. WHY DO YOU THINK BIG BANDS GET TO BE SO BIG? well my guess is that they are worth it. Unlike you, so please save all the fucking for yourself you pompus ***.

yeah!!!

gmoneyak
02-06-2008, 12:01 PM

yeah its business im not new here my first coachella was in 2003. the organizers can do whatever they want, i just said i like the single day tickets because i dont care about the other days, if the other 2 days get the chemical brothers or REM im in all the 3 days but it wont happen, coachella 2004 i went the 2 days, why? because it was the best coachella radiohead, pixies, the cure, muse, etc, im not against the 3 day pass i just like the freedom to choose what day to go. and yes promoters can do whatever they want

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/mrspanky78750/fuckheads.jpg

You guys will never get it.. Why the hell would you go to a festival of Coachella's stature for only a handful of bands. You can choose to be narrow-minded when it comes to music, but for the most part the masses are asses..

hypervera
02-06-2008, 12:09 PM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/mrspanky78750/fuckheads.jpg

You guys will never get it.. Why the hell would you go to a festival of Coachella's stature for only a handful of bands. You can choose to be narrow-minded when it comes to music, but for the most part the masses are asses..

the answer is because coachella gets bands that i want to see maybe 4 bands and its cheaper seeing them at coachella than seeing them in individual gigs, and yeah hours before the bands id like to see, iŽd see small bands but my motivation of going to coachella are the big bands not the small bands, very simple. if you want me to be cool as you just pay me the other two days that not a problem

i go to coachella for the bands that i like, not for the spiritual experience, and thereŽs nothing bad about the spiritual experience

ProEdge
02-06-2008, 12:13 PM

That answer is....true.

thelastgreatman
02-06-2008, 02:41 PM

Sorry, I actually value the quality of the music over the popularity of the bands. My bad. You really put me in my place there. Forgive me. Let's bring back RHCP and Rage, and we can put all that Pink Floyd, Portishead, and Kraftwerk music back where it belongs in the bin of music no one cares about. Unless, you know, they have taste.

hypervera
02-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Sorry, I actually value the quality of the music over the popularity of the bands. My bad. You really put me in my place there. Forgive me. Let's bring back RHCP and Rage, and we can put all that Pink Floyd, Portishead, and Kraftwerk music back where it belongs in the bin of music no one cares about. Unless, you know, they have taste.

your answer doesnt have sense, westlasoccermom never wrote something about the stuff you answered

Hawkings
02-06-2008, 05:10 PM
i agree with the 3 day being inconvient. I love Coachella and have been going since 04'. Generally you find all kinds of great little bands you dont' know much about and your day is filled running between stages after agonizing about schedules. That being said 3 days is a big financial and time commitment counting travel and physical/sleep recovery. I'd rather go 2, so missing Waters (seen Floyd), MMJ (seen in San Diego, will see more), Love and Rockets (bummed I'm missing them), Autolux, Justice, Sia, and all sorts of cool little bands. Maybe I'm not hardcore enough or experiencing the festival enough, but hey, now gotta move Sunday tickets. It's like GV didn't want to worry about selling out all 3 days or if the days all have enough draw, we got at least 60k harcore people, so you sell the extra days. Plus makes it hard for my GF to come just Fri or less hardcore friends to just come Sat. Not camping, condo or hotel is a major cost people save just going 1 day. Last year Fri didn't sell out. This way they don't have to pay as big a names perhaps to headline.

I know other music festivals, comic-Con, and other events only sell the whole event but it does seem like a pain for all but the hardcore. Just because it's done that way elsewhere doesn't mean it is an improvement for anyone but the promoters. Anyway i know the hardcore say hey 'suck it up this is for music fans if ya cant' hack 3 days you don't love it enough' and I can understand that sentiment too. Peace

Trailmix
02-07-2008, 08:36 AM

I concur fully with this.

Trailmix
02-07-2008, 08:41 AM
yu dumbass trailmix, tickets DID sell out for saturday shortly after they did for sunday. You have zero fact behind your rants. are you like 12 yrs old or something. This festival is the biggest, most watered down, rip off that i have ever seen. I better see them put up "POPE J.P. RISES FROM DEAD TO PERFORM COMEDY ACT" before i have enough interest to spend money on this festival. EVERYONE IS FAR FROM COACHELLA, like the homie above said, NOT EVERYONE IS YOU!

You are incorrect. The single day tickets sold out before 3 day passes last year if there were unlimited single day tickets you would not been able to attend the whole festival like the vast majority of people do since they sell way more 3 day passes than single day tickets.

ProEdge
02-07-2008, 10:54 AM
You are incorrect. The single day tickets sold out before 3 day passes last year if there were unlimited single day tickets you would not been able to attend the whole festival like the vast majority of people do since they sell way more 3 day passes than single day tickets.I'm sorry but how exactly do you know this? Do you have official stats from the promoters or something?

rage patton
02-07-2008, 11:02 AM
At Coachella 2007, Sunday single day tickets sold out in under 10 minutes. Saturday single day tickets sold out a couple hours later. Friday single day tickets never sold out. They were still able to be bought the day of the show. 3 day passes sold out 80 days in advance.

Trailmix
02-07-2008, 11:32 AM
At Coachella 2007, Sunday single day tickets sold out in under 10 minutes. Saturday single day tickets sold out a couple hours later. Friday single day tickets never sold out. They were still able to be bought the day of the show. 3 day passes sold out 80 days in advance.

Thank you

amyzzz
02-07-2008, 11:39 AM
I thought they put out some single day tickets again after they "sold out" last year.

roberto73
02-07-2008, 11:46 AM
the answer is because coachella gets bands that i want to see maybe 4 bands and its cheaper seeing them at coachella than seeing them in individual gigs

There's no way you can continue to claim that you have good taste in music while also claiming that Coachella only has four bands you want to see. The two statements are incompatible.

MaDwoMAn
02-07-2008, 11:48 AM
This 3day bullshit sucks balls, for veterans who know that Coachella is awesome 3 days is fine, but convincing my NorCal friends to spend 300+ dollars on this shitty lineup is not working, and 1 day would defenetly convince them otherwise.

hypervera
02-07-2008, 11:49 AM
There's no way you can continue to claim that you have good taste in music while also claiming that Coachella only has four bands you want to see. The two statements are incompatible.

yeah i want to see the verve, raconteurs, fatboy slim, the breeders. do they suck? the answer is no, they dont suck. the other two days i just care about i dont know yeah maybe 4 or 5 bands, and thats not my fault i dont know all the fuckin bands in this planet

hypervera
02-07-2008, 11:50 AM
This 3day bullshit sucks balls, for veterans who know that Coachella is awesome 3 days is fine, but convincing my NorCal friends to spend 300+ dollars on this shitty lineup is not working, and 1 day would defenetly convince them otherwise.

youre so fuckin right!!!!

roberto73
02-07-2008, 11:55 AM
yeah i want to see the verve, raconteurs, fatboy slim, the breeders. do they suck? the answer is no, they dont suck. the other two days i just care about i dont know yeah maybe 4 or 5 bands, and thats not my fault i dont know all the fuckin bands in this planet

No, they don't suck. But my point, since you missed it the first time, is that if you think there are only 4 or 5 other bands worth seeing the entire weekend, then you can't reasonably claim to have good taste in music and expect it to hold up. And not knowing the bands, or saying you're too lazy to use the media player, doesn't let you off the hook. If anything, it makes it worse because you're choosing to remain ignorant.

Anyway, enjoy your four bands. I'm sure you'll have a swell time.

Trailmix
02-07-2008, 12:00 PM

Then don't go. It is what it is.

hypervera
02-07-2008, 12:10 PM

I concur fully with this.

yeah 40 bands per day!! hahah and the bands start to play a 12:30 pm and everything ends at 11:55pm and you have the chance of seeing just like maybe 10 bands! wow omg!!!! of course of you see a band all their set.

and hahahahahahaa "the great about coachella isn't going to see the acts you already know??!!!!" hahaha well that means that the lastgreatman and trailmix wont see roger waters and portishead and instead of them they'll be at the tents hahahah its fuckin stupid.

i'll see my the verve and the breeders because i know them since the fuckin 90's. the raconteurs are cool, and fatboy slim yeah since the 90's too. and the time before yeah iŽll check the tents but the reason to assist are yeah the big bands :thu

hypervera
02-07-2008, 12:12 PM
No, they don't suck. But my point, since you missed it the first time, is that if you think there are only 4 or 5 other bands worth seeing the entire weekend, then you can't reasonably claim to have good taste in music and expect it to hold up. And not knowing the bands, or saying you're too lazy to use the media player, doesn't let you off the hook. If anything, it makes it worse because you're choosing to remain ignorant.

Anyway, enjoy your four bands. I'm sure you'll have a swell time.

yeah 4 or 5 five bands on my friday, saturday i just care about portishead but i wont pay 100 dlls just for one bands, and sunday well i care about 3 bands or something but im not a fan of them so i wont pay other 100 dlls.

this summer REM, radiohead will be on tour and i need the money for them

Trailmix
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
yeah 40 bands per day!! hahah and the bands start to play a 12:30 pm and everything ends at 11:55pm and you have the chance of seeing just like maybe 10 bands! wow omg!!!! of course of you see a band all their set.

and hahahahahahaa "the great about coachella isn't going to see the acts you already know??!!!!" hahaha well that means that the lastgreatman and trailmix wont see roger waters and portishead and instead of them they'll be at the tents hahahah its fuckin stupid.

i'll see my the verve and the breeders because i know them since the fuckin 90's. the raconteurs are cool, and fatboy slim yeah since the 90's too. and the time before yeah iŽll check the tents but the reason to assist are yeah the big bands :thu

It does not mean that I don't check out bands I know i just love checking out bands I don't know and I have always been suprised. There are many bands I listen to now that I had not heard before until I saw them live at Coachella or at other venues.

microcuts
02-07-2008, 03:37 PM

Well it's stupid anyway to go all the way from Northern Cali just for one day.. So they should find other things to do with their limited time.

TickleMeElmo
02-07-2008, 04:12 PM
yeah 4 or 5 five bands on my friday, saturday i just care about portishead but i wont pay 100 dlls just for one bands, and sunday well i care about 3 bands or something but im not a fan of them so i wont pay other 100 dlls.

this summer REM, radiohead will be on tour and i need the money for them

If that's the case, then Coachella just isn't for you if that's all you care about.

hypervera
02-07-2008, 04:42 PM
If that's the case, then Coachella just isn't for you if that's all you care about.

you love me little kid :lips yeah this coachella 2008 is not for me, well just friday with the verve, the breeders, raconteurs and fatboy slim.
i went to coachella 03, 04 the best ever!!!, 05, 06 , 07 were good years but this 08 is the weakest to me thats all

thelastgreatman
02-07-2008, 04:44 PM
you love me little kid :lips yeah this coachella 2008 is not for me, well just friday with the verve, the breeders, raconteurs and fatboy slim.
i went to coachella 03, 04 the best ever!!!, 05, 06 , 07 were good years but this 08 is the weakest to me thats all

Yeah, I think we all get that by now. You've said it about 800 fucking times in broken English. Are you ever planning to shut the fuck up about it, or are you going to keep preaching to the exact opposite of the choir right up until April 25th?

hypervera
02-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I think we all get that by now. You've said it about 800 fucking times in broken English. Are you ever planning to shut the fuck up about it, or are you going to keep preaching to the exact opposite of the choir right up until April 25th?

well you knew my situation before, but the elmo kid didnt so i informed the situation to him. well if the people keep asking the same, yeah ill keep saying the same things. and you like to read what i post thats why youre here

thelastgreatman
02-07-2008, 04:49 PM
We're not asking anything. We're telling you we're tired of hearing it.

kreutz2112
02-07-2008, 04:52 PM
well you knew my situation before, but the elmo kid didnt so i informed the situation to him. well if the people keep asking the same, yeah ill keep saying the same things. and you like to read what i post thats why youre here

why are you still here?

hypervera
02-07-2008, 04:54 PM
We're not asking anything. We're telling you we're tired of hearing it.

asking, commenting, whatever, the kid wanted an answer and i answered hahaha, we?? are you the manager of everybody here or something like that?

thelastgreatman
02-07-2008, 04:56 PM
You only like four bands, right? So why don't you just restrict yourself to talking about those four bands and stop the incessant repetition of your immature bullshit?

hypervera
02-07-2008, 04:56 PM
why are you still here?

yeah, because you quote me, and you ask for me, yeah!

hypervera
02-07-2008, 04:57 PM
You only like four bands, right? So why don't you just restrict yourself to talking about those four bands and stop the incessant repetition of your immature bullshit?

because its my argument or answer to the people that quote the things i wrote thats all haha immature just because i dont like all the bands wow what a problem

kreutz2112
02-07-2008, 04:59 PM
yeah, because you quote me, and you ask for me, yeah!

If you stopped posting right now and did not respond to this post my feelings would not be hurt.

hypervera
02-07-2008, 05:02 PM
If you stopped posting right now and did not respond to this post my feelings would not be hurt.

are you sure?

emtgreg
02-07-2008, 05:11 PM
MOM THEY WONT STOP FIGHTING PLZ MAKE THEM STOP OMG

thelastgreatman
02-07-2008, 06:32 PM
MOM THEY WONT STOP FIGHTING PLZ MAKE THEM STOP OMG

Them's fighting words.

cooperb1
02-07-2008, 06:58 PM
:blah :yyablo

M Sparks
02-08-2008, 04:15 AM
are you going to keep preaching to the exact opposite of the choir

Nice turn of phrase.

ProEdge
02-08-2008, 08:04 AM
You only like four bands, right? So why don't you just restrict yourself to talking about those four bands and stop the incessant repetition of your immature bullshit?Kindly change your avatar. It doesn't impress anyone. Thank you

Bud Luster
02-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Im HIGHLY impressed by it, highly impressed indeed.

alfie1
02-11-2008, 02:22 PM
still have single day tix here:
sdafasdfasdfasdfas

boarderwoozel3
02-11-2008, 02:27 PM
still have single day tix here:
sadfasdfasdfasdf

BANNED!

Right after you contract a terrible case of the clap!