PDA

View Full Version : "The Bedlam In Goliath"

GaragePoet
01-29-2008, 04:55 PM
The new album from the Mars Volta came out today; I've only had a chance to listen to it a few times so far but it is AMAZING. I'd say it's their best album since "De-Loused." It's too bad they won't be playing Coachella again this year. Last time they played I just wasn't into them yet. Not only that, but they're actually playing here in San Diego tonight & I can't afford to go after buying my Coachella tix...

On another note, I bought my copy at Best Buy for $10 which included an exclusive bonus DVD w/ a live video of "Cygnus...Vismund...Cygnus" from the "Frances the Mute" album, but the DVD doesn't work on any of the players in my house... has anyone else had similar trouble?

Just curious what anyone else might think about the album, etc...

GaragePoet
01-29-2008, 07:45 PM
bump. because i should not be the only person who's heard this album today... c'mon, people, you're supposed to be the hip ones...

Dave Gravy
01-29-2008, 09:30 PM
bump. because i should not be the only person who's heard this album today... c'mon, people, you're supposed to be the hip ones...

Heard it last week.

GaragePoet
01-31-2008, 06:39 PM
seriously, NO ONE has anything to say about this album?

i'm mainly curious to know if anyone else bought a copy at best buy & had trouble w/ the DVD...

suprefan
01-31-2008, 06:50 PM
I bougth it, and you know, music forum? And I bought it. Also try this:

www.thecomatorium.com/forum

malcolmjamalawesome
01-31-2008, 07:51 PM
I just saw them live last weekend and they played a lot off of this and it was all SICK.

Memorial_07
02-01-2008, 05:47 AM
I love the album just starts immediately.
I'm not a huge fan of the band, but this album is great!

jayce
02-01-2008, 06:35 AM
I bought it for my best friend on Wednesday, but I haven't asked her if it's any good yet.

GnarVee
02-01-2008, 06:46 AM
COME TO COACHELLA TMV!!!!!!!!!

clumsy342
02-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I listened to it once through a while ago and well..
It didn't really do much for me.
There's good moments, but I have to say I wish they would
settle the fuck down.

De-loused is a fucking masterpiece, and I think I like it most because its the most coherent.
I mean, what makes some albums (and most art for that matter) so amazing is because it is working within the framework of whatever medium.

When you just go SO outside the box, things tend to get lost.

The REAL irony....??
I'm actually wearing a Mars Volta shirt right now.