PDA

View Full Version : Free Will-Call Tickets (if u went last year)?

lotuskid
01-29-2008, 09:48 AM
I Just Heard this from someone last year and Coachella myspace comment a few days ago... Do People who bought through Will Call pick-up last year get free tickets to this years festival?
I'm not inclined to belive it nor see why it should be true, but could someone clear this up for me pleeeeassee. I live in england and it could be a deciding factor on whether i get to go again. thanks muchly x

[plays_guitar@hotmail.com]

Blinken
01-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Yes they did. But i think it is too late to get them, you had to respond to an e-mail sent out a few months back.

nationocean
01-29-2008, 01:16 PM
and they did that because the will call line last year was 3+ hours to get through. it was sad to see those people waiting in that line.

amy2705
01-29-2008, 01:57 PM
got an email at the end of May to say they were going to be giving complimentary tickets to those who had will call problems who came from over seas then in October got another email to confirming it was going ahead and then finally the email with the tickets about 2 ish months ago.

gaypalmsprings
01-29-2008, 03:17 PM
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/14/10332000/ngbbs450c355ed6663.gif

foxydj
01-29-2008, 08:28 PM
i can still get my free tickets ,but i live in australia so its a bit of a strech,plus the line up isnt as good this year

Gyrus
01-29-2008, 09:15 PM
How come I never got an email??????
I waited in the huge fucking will call line.

got an email at the end of May to say they were going to be giving complimentary tickets to those who had will call problems who came from over seas then in October got another email to confirming it was going ahead and then finally the email with the tickets about 2 ish months ago.

Did you send an email or anything complaining originally?

amy2705
01-30-2008, 02:00 AM
no it came totally out of the blue. have you got junk mail filters set maybe it was trashed straight away?

Olivier
01-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Here is the e-mail I received last June:

Date: Jun 1, 2007 2:10 AM
Subject: COACHELLA 2007 will call problems...let us make it right!

Dear Coachella ticket buyer,

Thank you so much for joining us this year. As you know, the event was bigger than ever and your support helped make it possible. We are writing because you bought your tickets through Ticketmaster and were required to pick them up on-site at the will-call box office. We are aware that many people had to wait several hours to pick-up their tickets due to the extremely long will-call lines.

We at Goldenvoice find this unacceptable and want you to know how sorry we are.
We understand how an experience like this can impact your personal enjoyment of the festival and are taking action to address the problem.

That being said, we want to do more than just ask your forgiveness. By responding to this e-mail, you will automatically be entitled to complimentary 3-day passes for Coachella 2008. It is our hope that you will see this for what it is, an honest effort to make up for any aggravation this year's event may have caused and allow you to enjoy next year on us.

If you are interested in this offer, simply respond to this email and an account will be created for you with the number of tickets that you purchased for 2007.
Around October 1, 2007, you should receive an email with a link where you can print out your complimentary tickets to Coachella 2008.

Once again, our sincerest apologies for any grief this situation may have caused you.
We at Goldenvoice strive to provide you with the best possible festival experience.
Please join us again next year and give us the opportunity to show you just how great the festival can be.

Thank you for your continued support,

Goldenvoice and Coachella

I didn't write to the organisers or anything: I guess they just collected e-mail addresses from Ticketmaster...

I don't intend to go this year though. RATM made me cross the Atlantic last year, but this year's lineup just won't... Too much of an effort to get there >< And I can't really afford the trip every year even though I wouldn't mind some vacation in the sun :rolleyes *sighs*

Gyrus
01-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Yeah I missed out on that email but I emailed goldenvoice and they replied straight away with the ticket email!!!!!
Woooohooooooo, got free tix for this year fuck yeah!!!!

I LOVE YOU GOLDENVOICE :P

instinct
02-05-2008, 07:23 PM
WTF? I didn't get the email.. I was in that line forever.. in the sun.. going to die!