PDA

View Full Version : For the Guys*what to wear/ what to bring?

wstsidela
01-28-2008, 11:42 PM
I was reading the girl's thread and I thought there should be one for men. What are you bringing?

Here's my partial list and your recommendations would be appreciated.

Hat
Handi-Wipes
ChapStick
Tool Set (standard & metric)
Duct Tape
20-man life raft

MantisMel
01-28-2008, 11:48 PM
How about layers of deodorant. There is nothing more awful than the shirtless B.O. dude putting his "hands up for Detriot" in the Sahara tent.

wstsidela
01-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Good point.

Deodorant, check!

Should we talk about bat wings & gig butt? Ladies, you can leave the room.

phillthepill
01-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Last year I was able to bring a camel pack

not a bad idea w/ the blistering noon heat wave

fsm10
01-29-2008, 12:53 AM
gold bond medicated powder for down there and your feet. Some good sunscreen would be a good idea too.

NiceArthur32
01-29-2008, 01:00 AM
whats the deal with the gold bond/vagisil/baby powder/biker shorts...

do i REALLY need to get some of that stuff?

wont it get all nasty with the sweat?

microlovebeat
01-29-2008, 08:06 AM
whats the deal with the gold bond/vagisil/baby powder/biker shorts...

do i REALLY need to get some of that stuff?

wont it get all nasty with the sweat?

yeah i've never understood it either. it puts me off to think that i'll have napalm on the jungle. i'll never wear that crap.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Dude, thats the point of the gold bond. so u dont sweat that much down there and it doesnt stink like rotten cheese when u go to bed.

nationocean
01-29-2008, 08:21 AM
this thread is ultra ghey..

and i know ghey.

JustSteve
01-29-2008, 08:21 AM
how about this?
http://www.mintyass.com/Page%20Graphics/products.jpg

Sphincterine Asstringent
http://www.mintyass.com/

Blinken
01-29-2008, 08:37 AM
WTF ^

wstsidela
01-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Gold bond is a must. It stops bat wings & gig butt.... seriously.

wstsidela
01-29-2008, 08:44 AM
BTW who wants to explain "bat wings & gig butt" to the uninitiated?

elChurro
01-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Drink plenty of water and piss clear, avoid alcohol and heavy foods during the day so you don't sweat out all that crap.

JustSteve
01-29-2008, 10:52 AM
BTW who wants to explain "bat wings & gig butt" to the uninitiated?

i'm guessing "bat wings" has something to do with the sack sticking to the thighs, "gig butt" to the sweat that resides in the crack for hours upon hours, causing "swamp ass". think of the smell of a swamp...on your ass.

NiceArthur32
01-29-2008, 11:07 AM
my ass always smells like swamp and my nuts are always stuck to my legs, so looks like no need for that gold bond shit!

damn...

i think i'm gonna need some gold bond =(

at first when i read this i was hoping you guys misspelled the word and you meant to say BRING A GOLD BONG.... but no, you guys knew what you were saying...

::tear::

minus one man point for me...

kreutz2112
01-29-2008, 11:14 AM
http://www.goprostock.com/shop/images/Apparel/16UND3026.gif

paganman7
01-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Dude, thats the point of the gold bond. so u dont sweat that much down there and it doesnt stink like rotten cheese when u go to bed.

It's not a smell issue homie. Last year I had a rash so bad that I had to walk back to my tent like I had a 2 litre bottle of soda jammed up my ass.

Inner thigh rash + 110 degree weather = flaming painful crotch.

nationocean
01-29-2008, 11:43 AM
It's not a smell issue homie. Last year I had a rash so bad that I had to walk back to my tent like I had a 2 litre bottle of soda jammed up my ass.

Inner thigh rash + 110 degree weather = flaming painful crotch.

jesus dude, did you hook up with lindsey lohan after the CSS set? gross. they don't call her fire crotch for nothin'.

paganman7
01-29-2008, 11:46 AM
jesus dude, did you hook up with lindsey lohan after the CSS set? gross. they don't call her fire crotch for nothin'.

Neither...although it felt like I had been sodomized with the business end of a rusty hammer.

leo01g
01-29-2008, 11:49 AM
If you walk in a way that you dont have any friction between your legs then you will be fine. I have never used gold bond and have never gotten a rash. And I dont mean walking like an idiot either, just dont create friction between your legs!

wstsidela
01-29-2008, 11:49 AM
i'm guessing "bat wings" has something to do with the sack sticking to the thighs, "gig butt" to the sweat that resides in the crack for hours upon hours, causing "swamp ass". think of the smell of a swamp...on your ass.

:lool

Yes on 1
Close on 2.

Gig Butt is the rash you get when the sweat runs down your back into your butt crack. It's brutal at the end of a long day. Ask Paganman7.

paganman7
01-29-2008, 12:01 PM
:lool
Gig Butt is the rash you get when the sweat runs down your back into your butt crack. It's brutal at the end of a long day. Ask Paganman7.

True dat!

ThomThom
01-29-2008, 12:48 PM
I strongly suggest UnderArmour boxer-briefs for swamp ass and Vagisil anti-chafing cream for ball burn and smegma.

MiamiNate
01-29-2008, 01:17 PM
how about lose some weight so you don't rub when you walk?

smoke
01-29-2008, 01:21 PM
boxer briefs solve all of the above problems

NiceArthur32
01-29-2008, 01:23 PM
dude, i just realized... HAS ANYONE MENTIONED... (cue dramatic prairie dog scene) CONDOMS???

MarkO
01-29-2008, 01:48 PM
I bring a travel pack of ass gaskets with me / spf48 sunscreen / shades / a boonie hat / baby wipes.

smoke
01-29-2008, 01:50 PM
I bring a travel pack of ass gaskets with me / spf48 sunscreen / shades / a boonie hat / baby wipes.

i actually bring basically the same thing. thats all you really need, plus you can wear cargo shorts and fit it all in your pockets.

wstsidela
01-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Hand sanitizer

leo01g
01-29-2008, 02:24 PM
how about lose some weight so you don't rub when you walk?

Thats kind of what i meant also, if you exercise your legs a little then maybe they wouldnt rub so much

Todfilm
01-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Always bring: a hat and comfortable shoes. And personally I wear jeans rather than shorts. There can be some nasty stuff out there on those lawns I don't want rubbing up against my legs.

Oh and a little tip I learned last year, early in the afternoon the Sahara tent was empty and had plenty of shade and was a cool place to chill out.

Back11Fat
01-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Here's what ive worn throught the years...
Muscle shirt (as my under shirt), a t-shirt, boxers, cargo shorts (to carry stuff in), & my nikes that I use for running. Going on 4 years now with some sweat and no rash. But seriously drink a lot of water and grab a slice of that pizza with a pepsi and STAY AWAY from the burritos...nastiest burritos I've ever had. No joke.

MarkO
01-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I bring a backpack myself to carry my camera and water that I bought.

Trailmix
01-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Gold Bond is a must.
Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, at least two pairs of shoes in case one is not as comfortable as you thought.

msklvr
01-30-2008, 02:28 PM
See sig...

JustSteve
01-30-2008, 03:30 PM
ima bust this out...

http://www.jaminleather.net/images/fp650cel.jpg

MarkO
01-30-2008, 03:33 PM
/\ Just say no to murses.

wstsidela
01-30-2008, 06:12 PM
http://felinefantasies.com/library/PuppyPurseFannyPack.jpg

sbessiso
02-02-2008, 07:11 AM
/\ Just say no to murses.

im not quite sure its a murse, but a FANNY PACK

big, big difference

DnBGoon
02-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Thats kind of what i meant also, if you exercise your legs a little then maybe they wouldnt rub so much

Not necessarily. If you have any muscle on your legs/thighs that can happen too. That's why athletes wear compression shorts.

microserfs21
02-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Not necessarily. If you have any muscle on your legs/thighs that can happen too. That's why athletes wear compression shorts.

werd, working out your legs will make them bigger and make them rub more, just somethnig that we have to deal with, not everyone has little girl legs

smoke
02-02-2008, 11:05 AM
boxer briefs or compression shorts will keep you packed up tight and alleviate any thigh rubbing. they are the most important part of my coachella planning.

frozen pilgrim
02-02-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm a skinny-ass motherfucker and I found gold bond invaluable last year. but even better is the blue gold bond foot spray. keeps your feet cool and dry all day. it's indispensable if you're planning to get your dance on. your feet take more punishment than anything else at coachella.
oh.
and this isn't necessary at all, but this year I'm bringing my ultimate ears plugs, and two sets of db filters.
I have them because I'm a musician/dj/producer, etc.
but honestly, at $170 plus another $50 for an audiologist appointment, they're not a ludicrous expense by any stretch. and if you're an audiophile, your ears are worth it.

microlovebeat
02-02-2008, 06:57 PM
and this isn't necessary at all, but this year I'm bringing my ultimate ears plugs, and two sets of db filters.
I have them because I'm a musician/dj/producer, etc.
but honestly, at $170 plus another $50 for an audiologist appointment, they're not a ludicrous expense by any stretch. and if you're an audiophile, your ears are worth it.

i've seriously considered buying these as i play in a band and i've noticed my my hearing has started to deteriorate. i'm just worried that it takes away from the experience even though they always say the higher-end ear plugs don't.....you've had exceptional results with them????

frozen pilgrim
02-02-2008, 07:14 PM
I like them because of the interchangeable filters- the problem with most plugs is they're not application-specific. I plan on bringing two filters: a -9 db filter, which just takes the edge off, and a -15 db filter, like the engineer at the board would be using, for situations where I'm right up close.
http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimateears/products/custom/custom_ear_plugs.php

at $240, it's not cheap, and not a recommended purchase for the average festival-goer. but invaluable for certain types of people.
and yeah. they don't take away from sound quality. it's crystal-clear. just a bit quieter.
and obviously, they don't take away from your body experiencing those gloriously high sound pressure levels.

microlovebeat
02-02-2008, 07:17 PM
thanks. i'm deifnitely gonna check these out.

hannibul
02-04-2008, 12:27 PM
A towel is about the most massively useful thing a Coachella attendee can have. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the spongy grass blades of Indio…wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat…wrap it around your head to ward off noxious fumes…any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the Empire Polo Fields, rough it … win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.