PDA

View Full Version : Strange things to wake up to @ Coachella

BlackSteve0
01-28-2008, 07:47 PM
The strangest thing I woke up to was a few tents away...

*Muffled fart*
*Sniffing sound*
"Whoa, dude my balls smell like cheese"

algunz
01-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Weird . . . I woke up to the same thing, and I wasn't even camping.

Wheres the beef?
01-28-2008, 07:52 PM
TAKIIIRRRAAAA! I RUV TAKIRRA!

Cdubby
01-29-2008, 01:07 AM
The strangest thing I woke up to was a few tents away...

*Muffled fart*
*Sniffing sound*
"Whoa, dude my balls smell like cheese"

im expecting to hear lots of farts staying on the camp grounds this year :rotfl

boarderwoozel3
01-29-2008, 01:44 AM
one of our neighbors passed out on top of the side of our tent

gaypalmsprings
01-29-2008, 04:50 AM
Two Mexican women woke up by getting run over by a truck. Oh, the horror!

Basskitten85
01-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Crazy ass Aussie's still drummingthere drums at 5 am.

Heard somone pissing on someone elses tent

and last but not least, the sweat puddling in your sleeping bag....

:)

Ill_Eagle
01-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Peanuts.

el chango
01-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Some hippy telling another a recipe for "special brownies" and how he saw God coming out of the sea after eating them (too bad it wasn't really God, it was an old guy dressed in white who went for a swim).

Boourns
01-29-2008, 11:09 AM
TAKIIIRRRAAAA! I RUV TAKIRRA!

That's great Engrish.

Jewcifer
01-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Crazy ass Aussie's still drummingthere drums at 5 am.

Heard somone pissing on someone elses tent

and last but not least, the sweat puddling in your sleeping bag....

:)
Damn those Aussie drummers. They will bang those bongos all effin night

el chango
01-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Damn those Aussie drummers. They will bang those bongos all effin night
You don't need to be Aussie to bang bongos all night.... it's quite entertaining! ;)

laineinla
01-29-2008, 11:46 AM
at around 6 or 7 a.m. the Sunday of last year's Coachella, i was awakened by some lovely fellow SCREAMING at the top of his lungs, while running right past my tent:

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGE AGAINST THE MOTHER FUCKING MACHINE MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

well, the statement in and of itself wasn't strange :) ... just weird waking up to it first thing when you're all groggy and thinking no one should have THAT much energy that early in the morning...

waxybk
01-29-2008, 12:08 PM
I woke up on the patio area in 2006...laying on the cement.

Last year I woke up in the bathtub....can't recall how I got there.

MonsoonSeason
01-29-2008, 12:11 PM
nothing. my tent was so humid it reminded me of indiana

BlackSteve0
01-30-2008, 02:51 PM
at around 6 or 7 a.m. the Sunday of last year's Coachella, i was awakened by some lovely fellow SCREAMING at the top of his lungs, while running right past my tent:

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGE AGAINST THE MOTHER FUCKING MACHINE MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

well, the statement in and of itself wasn't strange :) ... just weird waking up to it first thing when you're all groggy and thinking no one should have THAT much energy that early in the morning...

I think I remember this guy, but I was already up and drinking some JD and coke.

kingdumb
01-30-2008, 04:54 PM
not so much strange but awesome, was i woke up to arcade fire doing hteir sound check!

SOOOO amazing!

aen90
02-04-2008, 03:14 PM
a guy dressed liks capt. jack sparrow with pink fairy wings!!

ri0tp00f
02-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Waking up to the sound of police in helicopters over loudspeakers "GO BACK TO YOUR TENTS OR YOU WILL ALL BE ARRESTED" at the campground last year

vinylmartyr
02-04-2008, 10:20 PM
ugh

Cpt. Funkaho
02-04-2008, 10:26 PM
In your case, vinyl, strange things to wake up to after Coachella...

DaFunkyPrecedent
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Waking up to a group of Aussie's running through our camp ground who were being chased by riot police. RAGE!!!!!

My friend woke up in the JFK hospital <----too much acid.

fasttrack
02-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Waking up to the sound of police in helicopters over loudspeakers "GO BACK TO YOUR TENTS OR YOU WILL ALL BE ARRESTED" at the campground last year

i still don't know how i slept through all of that.

cooperb1
02-06-2008, 11:32 PM
ugh! ugh!

Jakewc151
02-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Last year while staying at this rad house in Palm Desert I came home after rolling and drinking way to much. Proceeded to drink until 5 am and woke up right next to the pool with barely any clothes on.. Couple hours later a bunch of kids who were staying there who drove all the way from Iowa were laughing their asses off at how many pics they got of me passed out.. Still haven't seen those pics to this day, and hope to god i never do! haha I am sure many Iowans have seen them.. heh

higgybaby23
02-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Did anyone else in the 07 campground wake up to the sound of really bad gospel music coming from inside the festival grounds on Sunday morning? If memory serves me correctly, I think it was followed by either some AC/DC or Skynrd. Strange, scary, annoying and hilarious all at once.

Shogun
03-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Last year this incredibly drunk guy a few tents away from me started to loudly sing Joan Osbornes "What if god was one of us" while he was crawling into his tent for the night.

comedeysal
03-24-2008, 01:11 PM
I just moved to Moreno Valley, which is like an hour away from Coachella (i think) & that's enough to make this Coachella related....

This morning I woke up to my neighbors arguing outside my window. I heard a light slapping sound, followed by:

Pregnant Neighbor: You know you ain't s'poze to slap my belly, dat shit hurtz!

Soulja Boy-influenced Neighbor: YAHHHHH!!!

he was serious too.

RAINBOWS
03-24-2008, 02:09 PM
I woke up around 5 in the morning on Thursday night to some drunk guy running into several peoples tents while they were sleeping SCREAMING, "Do your parents know where you are!?!?!!? GO HOME!!!!!! THEY DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!!!!! I'M TAKING YOU HOME NOW. GET THE FUCK OUT NOW, WE'RE GOING!!!!" I'm pretty sure he was pulling them out of their tents to get them to go..

It was pretty fucking hilarious.

A couple hours later when everyone is awake the guy goes back into the tents and apologizes. hahah

Sonicifyouwantit
03-24-2008, 02:16 PM
waking up on fire. dont do it.

gratytrainridesagain
03-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Two Mexican women woke up by getting run over by a truck. Oh, the horror!

I remember hearing about this what the hell happened?

mikebspeedracer
03-24-2008, 02:45 PM

damn I didn't get woken up by this but I was trippin on some really good acid during it. I kept feeling that I was in a refugee camp or something. what a crazy trip that was.

CalmerThanYou
03-24-2008, 02:56 PM
I was all fucked up, and remember having a minor, very short termed freak out: "Fuck dude, there are cops EVERYWHERE. Get in the fucking tent...put the joint out. Did you hide the pills?"

"Dude, it's cool, they arent coming in, and if they do, they arent going tent to tent"

"Fuck, OK....(starts laughing)."

dear_amanda
03-24-2008, 08:21 PM
I woke up around 5 in the morning on Thursday night to some drunk guy running into several peoples tents while they were sleeping SCREAMING, "Do your parents know where you are!?!?!!? GO HOME!!!!!! THEY DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!!!!! I'M TAKING YOU HOME NOW. GET THE FUCK OUT NOW, WE'RE GOING!!!!" I'm pretty sure he was pulling them out of their tents to get them to go..

A couple hours later when everyone is awake the guy goes back into the tents and apologizes. hahah

Completely ridiculous & hilarious all at once. hah

paulb
03-24-2008, 11:16 PM
i fuckin hate loud people...saying the most random dumb shit.

algunz
03-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Saying it quietly is just as annoying.

thestripe
03-25-2008, 04:10 AM

This would not go over very well with me.

SPX_clothing
04-17-2008, 12:34 AM
Waking up to soundcheck while I was rolled up in a rug to stay warm after spending the night in one of the vip tents...

BeeII
04-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Last year this incredibly drunk guy a few tents away from me started to loudly sing Joan Osbornes "What if god was one of us" while he was crawling into his tent for the night.

there exists no smilie that can express how much epic lulz that is.

jazzz
04-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Waking up to soundcheck while I was rolled up in a rug to stay warm after spending the night in one of the vip tents...

how did you end up there?? sounds like you were trippin and just rolled up to make everything go away...

CalmerThanYou
04-18-2008, 10:31 AM
^ Or was just a magical pig in a blanket treat.

thepoetblue
04-18-2008, 10:37 AM
At 3 or 4 am I usually pop an ambien at the condo so I'm just hoping drug interactions won't happen and I'll wake up, period.

cuzinmank
04-18-2008, 11:01 AM
hahaha last years camping was fun helicopters aussies drums riots it was something else. i was trippin off some synthetic mescaline type stuff and didnt really sleep at all cuz my mind was so alert anytime i heard something i was listening. it was hell of a nite. amazing visuals and fun entertainment with all the people marching singing and playing intruments. I too was kinda worried bout the cops as i thought id look like a zombie when they shined the lights on me. it was good times!

TonyWonder
04-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Does anyone remember that stupid chick walking around all over one part of the campground last year yelling out what sounded like "Asia" , "Asiaaaaa" and everyone yelling for her to shut the fuck up. It lasted an hour or so...such an annoying be-otch.

Goodtoknow
04-18-2008, 01:01 PM

was that me?

RedThom
04-18-2008, 01:31 PM
After drinking until faint sunrise waking up and still feeling just as drunk at 9am
"my boobs had popped out of my dress while I was sleeping and you totally missed out cause you were too drunk and asleep"

that was worse than waking up still drunk.

breadnbutterfly
04-18-2008, 01:45 PM
a couple of years ago i fell asleep during tegan and sarah (thanks to pot brownies mmm) and when i awoke was the most beautiful sunset i had ever seen accompanied by the first song from the arcade fire's set... okay still high and in heaven!!

jazzz
04-18-2008, 05:48 PM
hahaha last years camping was fun helicopters aussies drums riots it was something else. i was trippin off some synthetic mescaline type stuff and didnt really sleep at all cuz my mind was so alert anytime i heard something i was listening. it was hell of a nite. amazing visuals and fun entertainment with all the people marching singing and playing intruments. I too was kinda worried bout the cops as i thought id look like a zombie when they shined the lights on me. it was good times!

you might get "ella flashbacks" in years to come!!