PDA

View Full Version : Curious, worse conflicts?

Pages : [1] 2

psychic friend
01-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Sorry I don't have time to search.

I am curious what would be the worst conflicts? We gonna try to avoid.

thanks

jonnypark
01-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Justice vs Roger Waters

wmgaretjax
01-28-2008, 07:33 PM
animal collective and akron/family would suck

Bud Luster
01-28-2008, 07:36 PM
search button noooob, nah really there is this though:

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15149

miscorrections
National vs. Sharon Jones
Spiritualized vs. Institubes if they really are on Saturday
Spiritualized vs. Love & Rockets vs.Simian Mobile if they're on Sunday.

Jankster
Gogol vs. Roger Waters

rage patton
01-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks Dani, this is a great idea... as the line up stands right now...

Friday
Battles vs. Sharon Jones (two MUST see acts)
Fatboy Slim vs. The Breeders or The Verve or the Raconteurs would all suck
Fatboy Slim vs. Jack Johnson would be a PERFECT conflict though

Saturday
Flogging Molly vs. Kraftwerk and/or Portishead

Sunday
Gogol Bordello vs. Justice
Roger Waters vs. Gogol (I have a feeling this won't happen though.)
Roger Wates vs. Justice (I have a feeling this IS going to happen though.)

That is all I can think of for now. Thanks for this thread!

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-28-2008, 07:48 PM
FRIDAY:

Fatboy Slim vs the Raconteurs / the Verve

SATURDAY:

Portishead / Kraftwerk vs M.I.A. / Hot Chip

SUNDAY:

Roger Waters vs Justice / Gogol Bordello

psychic friend
01-28-2008, 07:49 PM
posting links to other threads in this case isnt so helpful, trying to have one place to refer to. thanks though.

summerkid
01-28-2008, 07:54 PM
FRIDAY:

Fatboy Slim vs the Raconteurs

SATURDAY:

SUNDAY:

Agreed.

LooseAtTheZoo
01-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Roger Waters vs. Justice would be absolutely the worst. Especially with all the rumors about Justice's new stage show

psychic friend
01-28-2008, 08:05 PM
i highly doubt that will be a conflict. just a guess.

superfiction
01-28-2008, 08:07 PM
jakc johnson vs. fatboy slim would be AWESOME

rage patton
01-28-2008, 08:09 PM

Really? I thought Roger Waters vs. Justice would make sense.

Agreed. I fully endorse that conflict.

thelastgreatman
01-28-2008, 08:10 PM
That's a curious image meaning.

psychic friend
01-28-2008, 08:10 PM
http://friends.timway.com/photos/Eddielwy/fat%20kid12.jpg

the post your picture thread is in the misc. lounge.

but thanks, you are cuter than I pictured.

thelastgreatman
01-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Roger Waters vs. Zeppelin. =)

psychic friend
01-28-2008, 08:16 PM
you're hot dude.

thelastgreatman
01-28-2008, 08:16 PM
God I hate that guy.

rage patton
01-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the compliment.
But I like this picture better.

Stop posting pictures in the this thread.

An employee of Goldenvoice has been kind enough to ask everyone which conflicts they DO NOT want to happen... yet you post a picture? Please stop.

Sorry, I don't mean to be the board police or anything.

NicoDread
01-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Fatboy Slim vs. The Breeders/The Raconteurs

Portishead/Kraftwerk vs. M.I.A. - Would REALLY suck

Roger Waters vs. Justice/Gogol Bordello

JoshTheBoyd
01-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Spiritualized/Man Man/Animal Collective/Islands on Saturday

Justice/Waters on Sunday but I've accepted it, and Waters is probably playing 2+ hours so it should be alright.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Stop posting pictures in the this thread.

An employee of Goldenvoice has been kind enough to ask everyone which conflicts they DO NOT want to happen... yet you post a picture? Please stop.

Sorry, I don't mean to be the board police or anything.

OK. I really don't know why everyone has to be so fucking uptight. Even PF didnt give me so much shit about the pic.

and lastgreatman, i thought you had me on ignore. guess you just like to talk shit about how u dislike everyone and how you think ur the owner of this fucking message board. Please put me on ignore.

cansei de ser sexme
01-28-2008, 09:00 PM

strangely enough i can see that being a tough decision to some, because those are pretty much the big names to people who do not really care. I don't know, I am just thinking of my friend.

cansei de ser sexme
01-28-2008, 09:03 PM
animal collective versus portishead or kraftwerk would be disastrous to me.

thelastgreatman
01-28-2008, 09:04 PM
OK. I really don't know why everyone has to be so fucking uptight. Even PF didnt give me so much shit about the pic.

and lastgreatman, i thought you had me on ignore. guess you just like to talk shit about how u dislike everyone and how you think ur the owner of this fucking message board. Please put me on ignore.

I don't think I ever said I did have you on ignore, but you certainly are a goddamn idiot. I don't care about the pic, it's just completely pointless contribution that doesn't even make sense. Do you have a mental deficiency?

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-28-2008, 09:09 PM
I did contribute you moron. But hey, no one ever contributes BETTER than you right?
And yes, u did tell me u would ignore me. Guess you have some memory loss yourself.

thelastgreatman
01-28-2008, 09:15 PM
I did contribute you moron. But hey, no one ever contributes BETTER than you right?

Correct.

And yes, u did tell me u would ignore me. Guess you have some memory loss yourself.

Play the tape.

psychic friend
01-28-2008, 09:20 PM
both of you stop cluttering, i am going to go back and delete all non relevant posts anyways.

(dont be offended)

jgafs
01-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Waters vs. Gogol

jonnypark
01-28-2008, 09:30 PM
To thelastgreatman,
You truly do live up to your name with that avatar.
Respect.
Jonnypark

chiapet
01-28-2008, 09:31 PM
SATURDAY:

SUNDAY:

Agreed.

traviscanada
01-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Hot chip and malkmus.

mysnakesashark
01-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Portishead vs. Hot Chip/Animal Collective/M.I.A.

luckyface
01-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Luckily, I don't foresee a lot of conflicts based on what I want to see. What could potentially be a conflict though:

The Verve vs Mum vs Fatboy Slim
Portishead vs. Cinematic Orchestra vs. Hot Chip

Boourns
01-28-2008, 09:52 PM

Awesome, awesome news.

Let's see here....
Anyone playing against Metric will lose, so I hope it's not Justice or Roger Waters.
Any combination of the following: Islands vs St. Vincent vs Akron/Family vs The Bird and the Bee vs New Young Pony Club, because I imagine they are all playing the first half of the day, but if I can see most of them, I'll be content
Fatboy Slim in a time slot other than at the same time as Jack Johnson
Battles vs the Breeders-Raconteurs-Verve-get the-hell-out-before-Jack-Johnson main stage party
Asobi Seksu vs ...well, it depends on which day they are added.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Midnight Juggernauts vs. Dan le Sac

Boourns
01-28-2008, 09:55 PM
I pity the bands that play against Portishead & Kraftwerk. I guess they will be whatever bands are theorized to not have the same general audience.

boarderwoozel3
01-28-2008, 09:57 PM

Friday
Battles vs. Sharon Jones (two MUST see acts)
Fatboy Slim vs. The Breeders or The Verve or the Raconteurs would all suck
Fatboy Slim vs. Jack Johnson would be a PERFECT conflict though

Saturday
Flogging Molly vs. Kraftwerk and/or Portishead

Sunday

Great calls.

I second this.

Cdubby
01-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Friday:
The Verve vs. The Raconteurs
The Verve vs. The Breeders
The Raconteurs vs. The Breeders
Pendulum vs. The Breeders, The Verve, or The Raconteurs

Saturday:
MGMT vs. Boys Noize
MGMT vs. The Teenagers
Boys Noize vs. The Teenagers

Sunday:
Roger Waters vs. Justice
Justice vs. My Morning Jacket

these are really the only ones that would make me sad for like a minute, then i would be over it.

SleepDeprivation
01-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Nothing all that bad on the horizon, especially compared to last year's epic conflicts.

Friday:
dan deacon v. architecture in helsinki

Saturday:
portishead + kraftwerk v. death cab v. MIA

Sunday:
Justice v. Metric...since justice already has a huge tour over here, i'd probably go for metric, unless justice's rumored daft punk level new show is really that incredible.

My friends agree with Justice v. Roger Waters too.

superfiction
01-28-2008, 10:58 PM
deathcab vs. spiritualized would be a horrible idea. but i dont really think youd do that anyway...or at least i hope not

rage patton
01-28-2008, 11:38 PM
The best conflict I can think of is Enter Shakiri/Turbonegro conflicting with Portishead/Kraftwerk.
I am guessing GV will want to put some upbeat acts against those two, and since lots of people here don't want M.I.A., Flogging Molly or Hot Chip conflicting with them, Enter Shakiri and Turbonegro seem like perfect candidates.

deathcab vs. spiritualized would be a horrible idea. but i dont really think youd do that anyway...or at least i hope not

Actually, I wouldn't mind that conflict at all. Spiritualized FTW.

Blintz
01-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Saturday: Portishead and Kraftwerk conflicting would be a problem because I'll bet both would draw on a similar, chilled-out crowd.
Sunday: Roger Waters and Justice really shouldn't be at the same time- that'd just be incredibly irritating to fans.

JSam67
01-28-2008, 11:56 PM

Best news ever.

Worst conflicts for me by day:
Friday: Raconteurs/National; Mum/Battles
Saturday: Man Man/MGMT; Animal Collective/Hot Chip/DCFC
Sunday: Waters/Gogol Bordello; Spiritualized/MMJ/Justice

And I agree wholeheartedly with hoping for the JJ/Fatboy Slim conflict.

amyzzz
01-29-2008, 07:26 AM
fatboy slim/breeders/verve/pendulum

portishead/dcfc/spiritualized

roger waters/love & rockets/gogol/metric/autolux

And will someone please quote this so PF sees it? kthxbye

captncrzy
01-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks Dani...here's mine (that I know of)

Simean Mobile Disco/Metric
Shout Out Louds/Horrors
MIA/Hot Chip/Flogging Molly
battles/Aesop Rock/Les Savy Fav/Does It Offend You, Yeah
Breeders/Fatboy

SunDevil
01-29-2008, 08:12 AM
I think these two would really suck for everyone:

Justice vs My Morning Jacket
Justice vs Roger Waters

(Please just have Justice play against Love and Rockets or Spiritualized)

These are more personal preference (hey, you asked...):

Battles vs The National vs Les Savy Fav
MIA vs Stephen Malkmus
Autolux vs Cool Kids vs Holy F***

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Kraftwerk, Portishead and DCFC on the main stage..
vs.
Spiritualized, MIA, Cafe Tacvba on the any other stage...

AND
Roger vs. Justice

Basskitten85
01-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Agreed Justice of Water hmm decisions decisions... or if Chemical Brothers add !!! WOOO WOOO I love them !!!

rage patton
01-29-2008, 09:06 AM
fatboy slim/breeders/verve/pendulum

portishead/dcfc/spiritualized

roger waters/love & rockets/gogol/metric/autolux

And will someone please quote this so PF sees it? kthxbye

Here you go Amy. :)

heyimazombie
01-29-2008, 09:13 AM
well, i really wanna see hot chip, tegan and sarah, the national, deathcab, rilo kiley, gogol, slightly stoopid, the raconteurs, minus the bear, and cold war kids. so no conflicts there please =]

btw great idea pf

Melanie.Dawn
01-29-2008, 09:15 AM
animal collective and akron/family would suck

agree like 1000 times. These are two of the bands I am most excited about. I would not know what to do if they conflicted.
ALSO:

MIA vs Stephen Malkmus

Bascially, these bands, should not conflict with any of ...these bands

MIA/Akron Family/Stephan Malkmus/Animal Collective.

Please oh please... oh please. Don't make them conflict.

captncrzy
01-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Am I the only one that thinks it's possible that Roger will be playing INTO Justice on the main stage?

celisnet
01-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Roger Waters / Justice
My M. Jacket / Justice

rage patton
01-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Am I the only one that thinks it's possible that Roger will be playing INTO Justice on the main stage?

Yes. Justice on the mainstage would be the worst idea ever. Maybe in another 10 years Justice can play the mainstage... but for now, it is nothing but Sahara for them.

If this thread has made anything clear, it is to avoid these conflicts...
- Roger Waters vs. Justice/Gogol Bordello
- Gogol Bordello vs. Justice
- Portishead/Kraftwerk vs. M.I.A./Hot Chip/Flogging Molly

As well, a conflict that EVERYONE wants
- Jack Johnson vs. Fatboy Slim (or, if a bigger Sahara act gets added, like Underworld or Chemical Brothers, them conflicting with JJ would also be more than acceptable)

Blinken
01-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Waters v. Gogol Thank you so much for asking.

Boourns
01-29-2008, 10:42 AM
I predict M.I.A. on the main stage. Hot Chip will definitely conflict with someone big, since their repeating and higher lineup position means playing later in the day than before (and they are not a main stage act), maybe against Death Cab but definitely not Portiswerk, or else the hipsters would be pissed. Flogging Molly will probably be presented as an alternative to whatever is on at the main stage at the time.

I think if Justice will conflict with anyone on the main stage, it would be Love & Rockets. Or if there's a big gap in the schedule to set up for Waters, Justice would play during that.

rage patton
01-29-2008, 11:13 AM
I predict M.I.A. on the main stage. Hot Chip will definitely conflict with someone big, since their repeating and higher lineup position means playing later in the day than before (and they are not a main stage act), maybe against Death Cab but definitely not Portiswerk, or else the hipsters would be pissed. Flogging Molly will probably be presented as an alternative to whatever is on at the main stage at the time.

I think if Justice will conflict with anyone on the main stage, it would be Love & Rockets. Or if there's a big gap in the schedule to set up for Waters, Justice would play during that.

I dunno, I could easily see Hot Chip playing in the tent during Portishead. If not, definately during Death Cab then. Also, I hope they put Flogging Molly on in the afternoon. Give them a set somewhere around 5 or 6 in the Mojave or the Outdoor Theatre and have them be an alternative to M.I.A.
As I said though, the perfect acts to conflict with Portishead/Kraftwerk are Enter Shakiri and Turbonegro. Completely different fan bases.
Justice during Love & Rockets makes a lot of sense though. Then after Justice, the Sahara can end the night with Danny Tenaglia. Conflict solved. Sort of.

Courtney
01-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Animal Collective vs. Stephen Malkmus

Spiritualized vs. Love and Rockets

noisemachine
01-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Any of these bands conflicting would be bad:

Friday:
Breeders, the National, Stars, Les Savy Fav, Jens Lekman, Architecture in Helsinki, Rogue Wave

Satruday:
Portishead, Kraftwerk, Rilo Kiley, MIA, Hot Chip, Animal Collective, Stephen Malkmus, Islands

Sunday:
Roger Waters, My Morning Jacket, Spiritualized, Justice, Metric, Autolux

And those aren't even all the bands I want to see...those are just my "must-sees." I know a few of those will probably conflict but I really hope not!

Boourns
01-29-2008, 11:29 AM
I dunno, I could easily see Hot Chip playing in the tent during Portishead. If not, definately during Death Cab then. Also, I hope they put Flogging Molly on in the afternoon. Give them a set somewhere around 5 or 6 in the Mojave or the Outdoor Theatre and have them be an alternative to M.I.A.
As I said though, the perfect acts to conflict with Portishead/Kraftwerk are Enter Shakiri and Turbonegro. Completely different fan bases.
Justice during Love & Rockets makes a lot of sense though. Then after Justice, the Sahara can end the night with Danny Tenaglia. Conflict solved. Sort of.

I think there are too many bands in the bottom two-thirds of the lineup that could/should/will play the Mojave for Flogging Molly to be one of them, unless they have a Gogol Bordello 2007 timeslot. Islands, New Young Pony Club, Hot Chip (unless they are in the Sahara), VHS or Beta, Man Man, MGMT all seem like sure bets for the Mojave.

I agree about Enter Shakiri and Turbonegro...it makes sense. Same with Scars on Broadway, but I imagine Scars will play much earlier in the day. So if they are all on the outdoor, it can be expected that Animal Collective, Rilo Kiley, Stephen Malkmus are definites, too.

Where would Cinematic Orchestra play?

thelastgreatman
01-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Call me a *** if y'alls want, but here's one conflict I'd prefer avoiding but think is pretty inevitable:

Rilo Kiley vs. Portishead/Kraftwerk. I think Rilo is probably closing the Outdoor, so it's fucked.

Boourns
01-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Robots vs tits...shit, that would suck. Maybe Rilo Kiley will play the outdoor while Cafe Tacuba plays the main at 6ish.

rage patton
01-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Looking back at the 07 schedule, most of the bands on the fourth line started around 6 or 7. So I say Flogging Molly play the Outdoor theatre at 6. And Man Man will play directly before them. Or perhaps Scars On Broadway will. Hell, maybe both. If Flogging Molly play the Mojave, they will close it. However, I have a feeling Turbonegro will be closing the Mojave tent that night. And that is perfectly ok with me.

I also think either Animal Collective, Rilo Kiley and/or Stephen Malkmus are all potential candidates for Portishead/Kraftwerk conflicts. I want to see all of them, but I will miss all of them for Portishead/Kraftwerk.

EDIT: And if Spiritualized are in fact playing Saturday, that is another potential Portishead/Kraftwerk conflict.

g0k1ngsg0
01-29-2008, 11:49 AM
waters/gogol/justice/love and rockets

thelastgreatman
01-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Robots vs tits...shit, that would suck. Maybe Rilo Kiley will play the outdoor while Cafe Tacuba plays the main at 6ish.

Yeah. Problem is, if it's not Rilo closing the main stage, since we know Cafe is on the main and Death Cab has to be, that means it's either Rilo, Dwight Yoakum (which would be great, but seems unlikely, he'll probably be midday like Willie I would guess), MIA, Hot Chip, or Cold War Kids, all of which would be troublesome for most people.

GV, I need a conflictless MGMT, Cold War Kids, Hot Chip, Rilo, Death Cab, Portishead, Kraftwerk series. Thanks.

aphrael
01-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Fatboy Slim v The Verve

Harrisment
01-29-2008, 01:50 PM
FRIDAY:

Fatboy Slim vs the Raconteurs / the Verve would be bad

The Verve vs the Raconteurs would be bad

Fatboy Slim vs Jack Johnson would be perfect!

amyzzz
01-29-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm debating whether or not I want to catch The Raconteurs. I really like The White Stripes, but
The White Stripes >>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Raconteurs

And I like the red/black/white outfits. Damn that anxious Meg.

thelastgreatman
01-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Raconteurs are way better than The White Stripes. In concert in particular I'm pretty sure.

amyzzz
01-29-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't like the CD too much. I let my kid listen to it, but I don't like it.

pinchie
01-29-2008, 02:46 PM
LOVE AND ROCKETS AND ROGER WATERS. L and R cover Pink Floyd on EXPRESS for chrissakes - this would be a travesty.

Harrisment
01-29-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm debating whether or not I want to catch The Raconteurs. I really like The White Stripes, but
The White Stripes >>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Raconteurs

And I like the red/black/white outfits. Damn that anxious Meg.

I'm the exact opposite. I could never get into the White Stripes because after a while Jack just gets on my nerves. I love The Raconteurs though, and I think that's because he craziness is somewhat kept in check in that band. Sure it comes out every once in a while, but for the most part they just sound like a good rock band rather than Jack White going psycho for a whole record.

nationocean
01-29-2008, 05:34 PM
just no fatboy slim vs breeders please

can't think of many other conflicts.

UpTheJunction
01-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Too many things on Saturday raise potential problems. :( Just a few big ones for me:
(Boys Noize vs. M.I.A. vs. Hot Chip) vs. (Portishead + Kraftwerk)
Midnight Juggernauts vs. Battles vs. Dan Deacon
Waters vs. Justice (solved! Yay!) or SMD or Chromeo

Stefachink
01-29-2008, 07:11 PM
The best conflict I can think of is Enter Shakiri/Turbonegro conflicting with Portishead/Kraftwerk.
I am guessing GV will want to put some upbeat acts against those two, and since lots of people here don't want M.I.A., Flogging Molly or Hot Chip conflicting with them, Enter Shakiri and Turbonegro seem like perfect candidates.

Actually, I wouldn't mind that conflict at all. Spiritualized FTW.

Portishead/Kraftwerk Vs. Enter Shikari would actually be very sad for me. But i don't mind Portishead/Kraftwerk Vs. Turbonegro.

Stefachink
01-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Also on Friday, any conflicts between Minus the Bear, Rogue Wave, Tegan and Sara, and Diplo wouldn't be right at all.

TheWatcher
01-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Friday:
The Verve vs. Fatboy Slim vs. the Breeders
Datarock vs dan le sac Vs. Scroobious Pip

Saturday:
Hot Chip vs. Flogging Molly

Sunday:
Roger Waters vs. Love and Rockets

TheWatcher
01-29-2008, 09:28 PM

I agree.

TheWatcher
01-29-2008, 09:37 PM
I dunno, I could easily see Hot Chip playing in the tent during Portishead. If not, definately during Death Cab then.

Hot Chip vs. Portishead = conflict

Also, I hope they put Flogging Molly on in the afternoon. Give them a set somewhere around 5 or 6 in the Mojave or the Outdoor Theatre and have them be an alternative to M.I.A.

Cool.

Justice vs. Love & Rockets = conflict.

TheWatcher
01-29-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm the exact opposite. I could never get into the White Stripes because after a while Jack just gets on my nerves. I love The Raconteurs though, and I think that's because he craziness is somewhat kept in check in that band. Sure it comes out every once in a while, but for the most part they just sound like a good rock band rather than Jack White going psycho for a whole record.

I like listening to Jack White go psycho for a whole record! I hope Meg gets it together.

The Raconteurs CD had a couple good songs (the ones on the radio), but the rest of the CD was kind of boring. (My sister and daughter also feel the same way)

JSam67
01-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Raconteurs are amazing live, they're like a veritable supergroup. And Jack White gets the opportunity to not have to shoulder the whole load himself. They're excellent, much better than the CD would suggest. Looking forward to them creating a ton of buzz with their performance this year.

paulb
01-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Just to repeat what everyone are saying:

Verve/Raconteurs/Breeders vs Fatboy Slim would be horrible.

Midnight Juggernauts vs Battles vs Spank Rock would really suck aswell.

MIA vs Boys Noize, Erol Alkan, any Ed Banger artist would really suck for me aswell.

Justice vs Roger Waters vs Gogol Bordello would be the absolute worst ever!

Simian Mobile Disco vs Metric vs Holy Fuck would eat balls aswell.

Amneeziac
01-29-2008, 11:47 PM
MIA vs Boys Noize. That would suck.

All That I Am
01-30-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm sure it's been said before but
Portishead vs. Kraftwerk
Roger Waters vs. Gogol Bordello
Roger Wates vs. Justice

MonsoonSeason
01-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Friday:
The Verve vs. Fatboy Slim vs. the Breeders
Datarock vs dan le sac Vs. Scroobious Pip

Saturday:
Hot Chip vs. Flogging Molly

Sunday:
Roger Waters vs. Love and Rockets

everything this man has said

rage patton
01-30-2008, 01:40 AM
I cannot stress how important it is that Battles and Sharon Jones do not conflict.

Astrid
01-30-2008, 02:05 AM
SATURDAY:

SUNDAY:

either of these things would ruin my life.

but i think most people are concerned about Waters vs. Justice

Memorial_07
01-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Kraftwerk vs. Turbonegro or Flogging Molly

bartelby
01-30-2008, 09:04 AM
waters/gogol/justice/mmj - please no conflicts

(although i realize this will be hard)

mvanwinkle
01-30-2008, 07:31 PM
based on the last thread pf just locked. no national vs verve conflict
no dcfc vs. animal collective. and no raconteurs vs battles

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-30-2008, 07:32 PM
I came up with several conflicts that may happen. If this were the case, who would you end up seeing?

1. Jack Johnson VS Fatboy Slim
2. the Verve VS the National
3. the Raconteurs VS Battles
4. Portishead VS Hot Chip
5. Kraftwerk VS M.I.A.
6. DCFC VS Animal Collective
7. Cold War Kids VS Flogging Molly
8. Roger Waters VS Chromeo
9. Love and Rockets VS Justice
10. Spiritualized VS Gogol Bordello
11. My Morning Jacket VS Metric

1. Fatboy
2. Verve
3. Raconteurs
4. Portishead
5. Kraftwerk
6. DCFC
7. Cold War Kids
8. Roger W
9. Justice
10. Gogol Bordello
11. Metric

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-30-2008, 07:33 PM

these are just assumptions. and yes, a couple of them would horribly suck

psychic friend
01-30-2008, 07:42 PM

i have no idea where you get the idea that based on me locking a thread means something other than me closing it to keep all the content here.

mvanwinkle
01-30-2008, 07:44 PM
no i was just saying that other thread made me realize that i didn't want those conflicts to occur. sorry for the confusion dani.

mvanwinkle
01-30-2008, 07:46 PM
these are just assumptions. and yes, a couple of them would horribly suck

ya i no they are just assumptions but i didn't even contemplate those until you posted them.

psychic friend
01-30-2008, 08:00 PM
no i was just saying that other thread made me realize that i didn't want those conflicts to occur. sorry for the confusion dani.

it's ok.. just showing you how crazy rumors get started.....

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-30-2008, 08:01 PM
this sucks, no one is going to pay attention to my list now that u locked the thread.... :(

rage patton
01-30-2008, 11:24 PM
I came up with several conflicts that may happen. If this were the case, who would you end up seeing?

5. Kraftwerk VS M.I.A.

1. Fatboy Slim
2. The Verve
3. Battles
4. Portishead
5. Kraftwerk
6. Animal Collective
7. Flogging Molly
8. Roger Waters
9. Depends on when Love and Rockets are playing... assuming its before Rger Waters, I would catch part of Justice then go see part of L&R.
10. Gogol Bordello
11. Depends on when each are playing as well.

Since a lot people wanna see MIA, I am thinking everyone prediction she will be on the mainstage will be right. I am guessing she will be playing against Flogging Molly on the outdoor theatre.

mvanwinkle
01-30-2008, 11:34 PM
is the raconteurs worth missing for battles. hypothetically of course

rage patton
01-30-2008, 11:37 PM
I saw about 10 minutes of Battles at Vegoose. (So, like 1.25 songs. The end of Tras and all of Tonto)... and it was fucking unbelievable. How they make the sounds is... incredible. Its amazing how they pull of their sound like.

This video should be all you need to know how amazing it will be

U9Car2EmMQo

I seriously hope Battles doesn't conflict with Sharon Jones though. That would be such a rought conflict.

JSam67
01-31-2008, 12:25 AM

5. Kraftwerk VS M.I.A.

1. Fatboy Slim
2. The National
3. The Raconteurs (they will own Friday)
4. Portishead
5. Kraftwerk
6. Probably DCFC
7. Cold War Kids
8. Roger Waters
9. Justice
10. Gogol Bordello
11. My Morning Jacket

cooperb1
01-31-2008, 12:33 AM
Roger Waters vs. Justice and mum vs fatby slim

Astrid
01-31-2008, 12:49 AM
the Raconteurs VS Battles
Portishead VS Hot Chip
Kraftwerk VS M.I.A.

these will all be very very upsetting :(

Weatherman
01-31-2008, 01:18 AM
Friday:
The verve vs Fatboy
The verve vs Pendulum
Aesop Rock vs Pendulum (I started thinking about this recently)

Saturday:
Portishead/Kraftwerk vs MIA
Turbonegro vs Boyz Noize/Junkie XL
Kavinsky vs Dredg (Dredg will probably play later but putting this here just in case)

Sunday:
Gogol vs Justice vs the Streets

thelastgreatman
01-31-2008, 07:05 AM
Mr. Tollett,

You know me, you've read my posts. I would like to politely insist that you must not let MGMT, Chromeo, or Midnight Juggernauts conflict with anything else good. You know what I'm talking about. Thanks a lot, you're a peach.

Randy

Boourns
01-31-2008, 03:01 PM
My Morning Jacket VS Metric would be a great conflict. Boring jam session vs awesomeness.

tammsters
01-31-2008, 07:05 PM
hot chip vs. stephen malkmus would make me very sad

rage patton
01-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Mr. Tollett,

You know me, you've read my posts. I would like to politely insist that you must not let MGMT, Chromeo, or Midnight Juggernauts conflict with anything else good. You know what I'm talking about. Thanks a lot, you're a peach.

Randy

I have a feeling Chromeo are going to conflict with either Love and Rockets or Roger Waters. MGMT will probably be a day time Sahara act and Midnight Juggernauts will probably be a daytime Sahara act. Possibly Mojave.

mountmccabe
01-31-2008, 09:05 PM
Friday
Les Savy Fav/the Verve/the National/Stars/the Breeders. I am betting that I am in trouble on Friday.

Saturday
Portishead/Stephen Malkmus/Animal Collective/Akron Family/Man Man

The poster is still saying Spiritualized for Sunday so I'm going with that:
Spiritualized/Love & Rockets/Autolux

mountmccabe
01-31-2008, 09:10 PM

5. Kraftwerk VS M.I.A.

1. Fatboy Slim... but probably neither.
2. Maybe I would lean towards the Verve? Toughest, most devastating conflict of these 11.
3. Battles, no contest at all.
4. Portishead, no contest.
5. M.I.A., neither has much of a hold on me.
6. Animal Collective, doesn't concern me.
7. If forced to see one of these I would pick Flogging Molly.
8. Roger Waters, no contest at all.
9. Love & Rockets, easy.
10. Spiritualized, easiest choice of them all.
11. 2nd toughest conflict. Would depend on my mood/stages/etc.

rage patton
01-31-2008, 09:12 PM
Sunday[/B] so I'm going with that:
Spiritualized/Love & Rockets/Man Man/Autolux

Man Man has been moved to Saturday. And it is on the updated poster.

summerkid
01-31-2008, 09:41 PM
Since a lot people wanna see MIA, I am thinking everyone prediction she will be on the mainstage will be right. .

She really should get the Roots spot on the Main stage last year.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-31-2008, 10:12 PM
For some reason, I think Sunday's night line up might look something like this:

Main Stage /Sahara

Roger Waters VS Chromeo
Love & Rockets VS Justice
MMJ or Spiritualized VS Simian Mobile Disco

I hope it is something like this, cause it will suck if I have to miss SMD or Justice. Fuck Chromeo.

TheWatcher
01-31-2008, 10:25 PM

5. Kraftwerk VS M.I.A.

1. Fatboy
2. Verve
3. Raconteurs? I like Battles on video, but was not impressed by the show at Vegoose. I think it was just the sound system though. Might be time to eat or check out the Dome.
4. Portishead
5. Kraftwerk
6. Animal Collective
7. Flogging Molly
8. Roger W
9. Love and Rockets? Justice? I really want to see both. I might not be able to see Love and Rockets again, so probably Love and Rockets.
10. Gogol Bordello
11. Metric? But maybe not, it might be a good time to check out the art.

Proadict
01-31-2008, 11:31 PM
Gogol vs. Roger Waters

THIS ONE

rage patton
02-01-2008, 10:25 AM
For some reason, I think Sunday's night line up might look something like this:

Main Stage /Sahara

Roger Waters VS Chromeo
Love & Rockets VS Justice
MMJ or Spiritualized VS Simian Mobile Disco

I hope it is something like this, cause it will suck if I have to miss SMD or Justice. Fuck Chromeo.

Nahhhhh.... here is what the Sahara is gonna look like Sunday...

Roger Waters VS. Danny Tenaglia
Love & Rockets VS. Justice
MMJ and/or Spiritualized VS. Simian Mobile Disco

I am guessing Chromeo will be playing the Outdoor theatre at some point in the night. Perhaps against Roger Waters.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-01-2008, 04:21 PM
You think Tenaglia will close out the Sahara? The big takeaway from this thread for me is Justice NOT headlining. I smell another headliner. Or maybe they'd put the Sunday main stage headliner up against a show that's less of a draw like last year (RATM vs Infected Mushroom).

rage patton
02-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Putting Danny Tenaglia against Roger Waters would make a lot of sense. It would avoid the whole "Waters Vs. Justice" conflict everyone is afraid of.
So lets say Waters and Justice do not conflict, who do you think they would get to close the Sahara, if Danny Tenaglia wouldn't close it either?

superfiction
02-01-2008, 05:06 PM

5. Kraftwerk VS M.I.A.

1. fatboy
2. the verve
3. raconteurs
4. portishead
5. kraftwerk
6. dcfc
7. couldnt care less
8. waters
9. ahhhhh tough but i guess love and rockets since im seeing justice so much. but it would cut me deep
10. spiritualized
11. dont care

Boourns
02-01-2008, 05:44 PM
The important thing is that waters, justice, and metric must not conflict.

rage patton
02-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Perhaps Metric will play the outdoor theatre just before Gogol? Or maybe Metric will play the Mojave at the same time Gogol is at the outdoor theatre.
And Boourns, hopefully you don't plan on seeing Love & Rockets... because my bet is that they conflict with Justice.

Boourns
02-01-2008, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't mind checking out Love and Rockets, but they aren't that high on my list at the moment.

Maybe Gogol Bordello will play the mainstage at 4ish or the outdoor at 6ish so the conflicts will be less brutal by default?

PassiveTheory
02-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Here's what I'm praying/supposing IS scheduled, conflict-wise, for the weekend :

Friday=
-Jack Johnson (MS) vs. The Raconteurs (OT) vs. Architecture in Helsinki (MOJ) vs. [I]Fatboy Slim (SAH)
-The Verve (MS) vs. Tegan and Sara (MOJ) vs. Pendulum (SAH)
-The Breeders (MS) vs. Slightly Stoopid (OT)
-The National (MS) vs. John Butler Trio (OT) vs. Battles (MOJ)

Saturday=
-Kraftwerk (MS) vs. M.I.A. (OT) vs. Sebastian/Kavinsky (SAH)
-Portishead (MS) vs. Dwight Yoakam (OT) vs. Scars on Broadway (MOJ) vs. Calvin Harris (SAH)
-Spiritualized (MS) vs. Animal Collective (OT) vs. Enter Shikari (MOJ)
-Death Cab for Cutie (MS) vs. Mark Ronson (OT)
-Cafe Tacuba(MS) vs. Rilo Kiley (OT)

Sunday=
-Roger Waters (MS) vs. Danny Tenaglia (SAH)
-Love and Rockets (MS) vs. Metric (OT) vs. Justice (SAH)
-My Morning Jacket (MS) vs. Gogol Bordello (OT) vs. Chromeo (SAH)

rage patton
02-01-2008, 07:55 PM
I really do not want Gogol to play the mainstage. That would kinda suck.

I think Gogol will play the outdoor theatre around 6 or 7. Then Spiritualized will play after then, and then... Chromeo?

PassiveTheory
02-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Spiritualized's on Sat., Rage.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-02-2008, 06:54 AM
For some reason, i think Chromeo will be headlining Sahara on Sunday.
Hope SMD doesnt. that would suck.

rage patton
02-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Spiritualized's on Sat., Rage.

If its not on the updated Coachella poster, I don't believe it. Until I see Spiritualized on Saturday, I am saying they are playing Sunday.

For some reason, i think Chromeo will be headlining Sahara on Sunday.
Hope SMD doesnt. that would suck.

I dont really see Chromeo as a Sahara tent closer. Nor do I see SMD closing it. I say either Justice or Danny Tenaglia. And I am leaning towards Dani Tenaglia.

Boourns
02-02-2008, 06:35 PM
metric vs justice would be unforgivable

Courtney
02-02-2008, 06:40 PM
-Spiritualized (MS) vs. Animal Collective (OT)

I vote no on this, please.

idrive1life
02-02-2008, 07:53 PM
metric vs justice would be unforgivable <- add Gogol to that conflict. It's going to be like winning the lottery to me.

Please make it happen.

Metric :pulse

frozen pilgrim
02-02-2008, 07:54 PM
portishead/kraftwerk vs. flogging molly. I'd recommend putting flogging molly up against death cab. two guitar driven bands with (mostly) different audiences.

sebastian/kavinsky vs. dredg. this one's just personal, no logic.
and... HOLD ON A SECOND WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE STREETS?!!

idrive1life
02-02-2008, 07:55 PM

5. Kraftwerk VS M.I.A.

Yup, make all that happen! It's going to be easy for me.

idrive1life
02-02-2008, 08:08 PM
FRIDAY:

Fatboy Slim vs the Raconteurs / the Verve

SATURDAY:

SUNDAY:

Fatboy Slim vs. The Raconteurs or The Verve = AGREED = This conflict will suck!

Portishead / Kraftwerk vs. Hot Chip = AGREED = Worst Conflict Ever in that List!

Portishead / Kraftwerk vs M.I.A. = Woot, make it happen!

Roger Waters vs Justice / Gogol Bordello = Fantastic, make it happen, please!

idrive1life
02-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Next - my worst conflicts of 2007:

#1. Manu Chao vs. Damien Rice vs. Happy Mondays vs. Ratatat vs. Teddybears (No regret on making the decision of seeing all of them but arrrrrgh!)

#2. Interpol vs. Sonic Youth vs. Faithless (Possibly the worst decision I made in a conflict ever. Jarvis Cocker -> Interpol -> Bjork -> Gogol Bordello)

#3. RATM vs. Infected Mushroom (Do I have a choice? I wish you added another tent and put IM up vs. all those bands in my #1)

Lastly, my choices of would be worse conflicts of 2008:

Any conflicts among these acts on Friday are bad.

Friday:
The Swell Season, The National, Mum, Pendulum, Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings, Rogue Wave, Stars, Architecture in Helsinki, Les Savy Fav, Minus The Bear, The Bees, Modeselektor, Jens Lekman, Battles, Vampire Weekend, Aesop Rock, The Breeders, Fatboy Slim / The Verve / The Raconteurs

I'm seeing a repeat of my worst of 2007 will happen on Friday. LOL

Saturday: My only request is not to put Hot Chip up vs. Kraftwerk or Portishead

Sunday: My only request is not to put Metric up vs. Spiritualized

alex97
02-03-2008, 01:50 AM
metric vs justice would be unforgivable

METRIC
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=-fPUKbevKwA

vs

JUSTICE
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=OLOqCWX4BOQ

Geez, that's a tough one.. :rolleyes

METRIC!!

i'll take great legs and headbanging over michael look-a-likes any day!!!

Boourns
02-03-2008, 02:17 AM
Yeah, Metric is better, but it doesn't cost a hundred dollars to see Metric whenever they come to LA.

paulb
02-03-2008, 02:24 AM
METRIC
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=-fPUKbevKwA

vs

JUSTICE
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=OLOqCWX4BOQ

Geez, that's a tough one.. :rolleyes

METRIC!!

i'll take great legs and headbanging over michael look-a-likes any day!!!

great selection of videos....not.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-03-2008, 02:32 AM

I def have to agree on this. those videos you chose alex97.... SUCK.

alex97
02-03-2008, 02:49 AM

that's the whole point.. i mean i know justice are good and i HAD to make them look bad.. muahaha! (lame, i know)

i don't have any metric videos of my own, since my camera broke before i went to see them at the HOB, in SD.. but, it's the moment that i was trying to capture..

:rolleyes i guess those ARE pretty crappy videos..

but my choice remains the same.. :)

Yeah, Metric is better, but it doesn't cost a hundred dollars to see Metric whenever they come to LA.

hold on a sec... a hundred is a wee too much..

justice played SD for hmm i think it was 30 bucks..

luckily for me, metric was less than 20 i think.. (i didn't pay.. bday gift)

but it's not about the money..

shakermaker113
02-03-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm dreading conflicts between some of these sat... I want to see ALL of them, but I know at least two of them are going to conflict.

portishead
mia
spiritualized
sasha & digweed
hot chip

humanoid
02-03-2008, 07:52 PM

Sunday

Exactly!

betao
02-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Gogol Bordello VS Justice - please don't let it happen!! please GV!!

and, if possible, dont put Booka Shade against Gogol either. But, if you have to, go ahead, cuz I saw booka last year. no worries there.

Battles VS Fatboy Slim

Kraftwerk vs Hot Chip

Kraftwerk vs Animal Collective

Battles vs Pendulum

and i'm gonna have to agree, JJ vs Fatboy Slim would be an awesome conflict. Best conflict ever!

Boourns
02-03-2008, 08:39 PM
alex97, since Justice always plays a venue that's way too small whenever they come to LA, tickets sell out in 2 seconds and go for obscene amounts on creepslist and ebay.

rage patton
02-03-2008, 08:44 PM
If Justice and Love & Rockets conflict, I don't know who I am going to see.

Boourns
02-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Hmm. I can see them conflicting. As long as I get to check out Waters, Metric, Justice, Gogol, and Simian on Sunday, it'll be a good day.

alex97
02-03-2008, 11:03 PM
alex97, since Justice always plays a venue that's way too small whenever they come to LA, tickets sell out in 2 seconds and go for obscene amounts on creepslist and ebay.

really? yikes.. why????

SD wasn't sold out as quickly..

anyway.. that must really suck for the fans..

i hope you don't have a conflict when justice plays! :)

thelastgreatman
02-03-2008, 11:04 PM
None of those acts will be conflicting with Waters.

rage patton
02-03-2008, 11:07 PM
None of those acts will be conflicting with Waters.

Who do you predict conflicting with Waters? Just curious.

thelastgreatman
02-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Practically no one.

rage patton
02-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Practically no one.

Well, a lot of people thought no one was going to conflict with Rage. And all 4 other stages had acts going on. So I am pretty sure there will be at least 3 acts going on at the same time as Roger Waters.

boarderwoozel3
02-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Worst case senario is:

Waters v Gogol Bordello v Justice

thelastgreatman
02-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Well, a lot of people thought no one was going to conflict with Rage. And all 4 other stages had acts going on. So I am pretty sure there will be at least 3 acts going on at the same time as Roger Waters.

Rage didn't have a production worth half a shit. The Waters show is going to be the focus of the festival I'm thinking.

rage patton
02-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Rage didn't have a production worth half a shit. The Waters show is going to be the focus of the festival I'm thinking.

Rage was a bigger draw then Roger Waters though. It doesn't matter how elaborate his production is. Rage was focus of last years festival and they still had acts on the other stages. It will no doubt be the same for Waters.

thelastgreatman
02-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Bet you fifty.

boarderwoozel3
02-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Rage isn't a production enhanced act. Over the top production is Waters' thing. You can't compare the two based on production when one is trying and the other isn't.

rage patton
02-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Bet you fifty.

Let me get this straight. If there is a single act on another stage as Roger Waters is performing, I get $50. But if Roger Waters is the lone act on Sunday night, you get $50?

thelastgreatman
02-03-2008, 11:22 PM
No. But I will bet that Justice does not conflict with Waters, and Gogol too. And that less than three other bands are playing at the same time.

boarderwoozel3
02-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Theres no way Waters is the only act to close out sunday. Not everyone is going to want to watch him. The whole idea behind festivals is being able to choose at any given time.

thelastgreatman
He won't be closing.

boarderwoozel3
What were you betting $50 on then?

Nevermind, posted too late. I'd take that bet though. How could Waters not close?

rage patton
02-03-2008, 11:27 PM
No. But I will bet that Justice does not conflict with Waters, and Gogol too. And that less than three other bands are playing at the same time.

I am 100% sure Gogol will not be conflicting with Waters. I am also pretty sure Justice won't be conflicting with Waters. Maybe the tail end of Justice will conflict with the beginning or something.
I still think Danny Tenaglia will be closing the Sahara.

boarderwoozel3
02-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I don't think GV would be foolish enough to put Gogol, Waters and Justice on at the same time.

Boourns
02-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Gogol, Justice, and Waters will not all be on at the same time. Gogol and Justice are returning because there's still a big demand to see them, since most everyone missed them last year due to them conflicting with Bjork and Arcade Fire, respectively. They will conflict with other acts, of course, but not the headliner. Maybe Justice vs Love and Rockets.

It's Metric I'm worried about.

brando4n82
02-04-2008, 07:53 AM
I think you are all wrong

brando4n82
02-04-2008, 07:54 AM
what time do you guys think Chromeo will be taking stage?

Boourns
02-04-2008, 07:58 AM
http://community.coachella.com is a place to list the four bands per day you least want to conflict.

micktravis
02-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Roger Waters vs. any of Justice, SMD or Booka Shade (maybe Danny Tenaglia should close the dance tent, assuming Roger Waters is on last on the Main Stage?)

brando4n82
02-04-2008, 12:29 PM
if SMD conflicts with Waters im gonna shit a brick. I'm hoping Booka comes on around 7 or something..

xbnmx
02-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Love and Rockets versus Justice or Booka Shade.

I really just want to see Love and Rockets, as do many dance fans. It would be prime if they played when (if) Goldenvoice decides to do another Happy Mondays/LCD in the Sahara type thing. Unless they decide to put Love and Rockets in their. Shit, if the Happy Mondays could be in there...

schoolofruckus
02-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Mogwai vs. Flaming Lips and/or Massive Attack

schoolofruckus
02-04-2008, 04:38 PM
FRIDAY

The National vs. Battles vs. Mum (I have a feeling that one of these bands will be going down for this reason). I would also like to see Swell Season not be up against this trio as well, but I don't want to get greedy.

SATURDAY

Animal Collective / Man Man / 120 Days being on after 9 pm (i.e., when they will interfere with the Portishead->Kraftwerk tag team). I am severely worried about this one.

SUNDAY

Roger Waters and Spiritualized have zero chance of stepping on each others' toes, so I guess just try not to put Autolux or Gogol Bordello against them and I will have no complaints.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Who do you predict conflicting with Waters? Just curious.

Tenaglia or Chromeo

KungFuJoe
02-04-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm a little late to this thread. worse conflicts for me, i'll keep it to 6, are:

friday - Fatboy Slim, Cut Copy, modeselektor, Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, Pendulum (I care least about this day)

saturday - Portishead, Boys Noize, New Young Pony Club, Kraftwerk, Stephen Malkmus, MGMT

sunday - holy fuck, the field, sia, Simian Mobile Disco, Booka Shade, Gogol Bordello, Roger Waters (I care most about this day)

kitt kat
02-05-2008, 01:09 AM
Animal Collective vs. MGMT would kill me.

Kraftwerk vs. Hot Chip

Chromeo vs. Justice (unlikely...jus' sayin' is all)

Cancersticks1
02-05-2008, 07:55 AM
I'm really worried about Portishead vs. Kraftwerk (especially the way they're listed on the poster now.) And Love & Rockets vs. Justice vs. Roger Waters vs. Spiritualized.

luckyface
02-05-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm really worried about Portishead vs. Kraftwerk (especially the way they're listed on the poster now.)

It was stated at the news conference that Kraftwerk would be on the main stage. Portishead will lead into Kraftwerk. Guaranteed.

paganman7
02-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Friday - Modeselektor vs. Pendulum

Saturday - Portishead vs. Boys Noize vs. Kraftwerk

Sunday - Waters vs. Justice

rage patton
02-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Bump. Just because.

peterluber
02-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Gogol Bordello vs. Justice vs. Roger Waters, it would also be awesome to be able to see Simian, but that seems like it would be pushing it.

Animal Collective vs. Portisheadkraftwerk ;) vs. M.I.A.

Wheres the beef?
02-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Gogol, Justice, and Waters will not all be on at the same time. Gogol and Justice are returning because there's still a big demand to see them, since most everyone missed them last year due to them conflicting with Bjork and Arcade Fire, respectively. They will conflict with other acts, of course, but not the headliner. Maybe Justice vs Love and Rockets.

It's Metric I'm worried about.

People who missed Justice for Arcade Fire dont deserve a second chance.

boarderwoozel3
02-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Gogol Bordello vs. Justice vs. Roger Waters, it would also be awesome to be able to see Simian, but that seems like it would be pushing it.

Portishead kraftwerk

GV would have to be totally retarded to put Gogol, justice and Waters at the same time. I can see two but not all three.

The Portishead-Kraftwerk 1-2 punch is going to force some major choices.

psychoc&ndy
02-10-2008, 02:56 PM
simian mobile disco, booka shade, the field.. and i wanted to check out danny tenaglia as well. all these artists are listed around the same time or so. most likely the same people wanting to see smd are the same people that want to see booka and the field. gv what is this shit

dontfeedthebird
02-10-2008, 03:22 PM
The Portishead-Kraftwerk 1-2 punch is going to force some major choices.

I just think this is the easiest decision all weekend. Of course Portiswerk wins.

Parenthetical Boy
02-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Don't let Justice, Simian Mobile Disco, Spirtualized, or Holy Fuck conflict with each other!!!

Same with Hot Chip, Animal Collective, MIA, and Akron/Family

Boourns
02-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Simian Mobile Disco and Justice will be in the dance tent, so they won't conflict. I'm more worred about either of them conflicting with Metric or Roger Waters. Dani hinted that Justice vs Waters won't happen, though.

rage patton
02-10-2008, 07:20 PM
I have a feeling Justice will conflict with Love and Rockets. Im guessing eithe SMD or Danny Tenaglia will be conflicting with Roger Waters. I am gonna go with Danny Tenaglia, and SMD playing before Justice.
However, that would probably mean a SMD vs Metric conflict.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Chromeo will close the dance tent people.

rage patton
02-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Nah. I dunno... I am willing to be Chromeo will play the Outdoor theatre during Love and Rockets. I am also implying that The Streets will close the outdoor theatre.

Wheres the beef?
02-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Justice should end at least 1 hour before RW starts but there needs to be something inbetween at the outdoor stage to draw the crowds away while I get a good spot.

jonnypark
02-18-2008, 11:37 PM
if anything chromeo vs roger waters is ok
Simian mobile disco and justice must not conflict with mr. waters

traviscanada
02-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Are you this curious?

http://f.screensavers.com/OMS/img/407/curious_george_bananas_walllpaper_215.jpg

I would say Hot Chip/Malkmus/minus the bear saturday...although the only one i have'nt seen is Malmus so I would have to go with that.
Sunday: Justice/the Streets/ although I may going to see Justice prior so it may be eliminated.

nbvwes
02-19-2008, 01:35 AM
Friday:
Breeders vs. The Verve

Saturday:
Dredg/Enter Shakari vs. Portishead/Kraftwerk(they both should go on early)
Flogging Molly vs. Portishead/Kraftwerk (Flogging Molly should go on early too)
Bonde Do Role or Sasha/Digweed vs. Portishead/Kraftwerk

or even Dredg/Enter Shakari vs. Flogging Molly

but, Fatboy Slim vs. Jack Johnson would not be a bad idea... :)

el chango
02-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Worst case senario is:

Waters v Gogol Bordello v Justice
that was exactly was <i'm thinking about. Please, don't let that happen!

Boourns
02-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Every reunion has been on the main stage or in the Sahara, so I doubt The Breeders and The Verve will conflict. Unless there's a major addition, I think the Friday main stage will look like this:
The Breeders 6:30-7:20
Raconteurs 7:45-8:35
The Verve 9:00-10:00
Jack Johnson 10:30-12:00

I'm having trouble predicting what bands will play the main stage on Sunday, besides the obvious top three. Anyone have any ideas?

rage patton
02-23-2008, 08:13 PM
I actually was thinking The Breeder would close the outdoor theatre. So those that don't want to see either Jack Johnson or Fatboy Slim will have something to go to.

johnnypolite
02-23-2008, 11:55 PM
FRIDAY -- The National v. Rogue Wave would suck

SATURDAY -- Portishead v. Hot Chip would suck

SUNDAY -- Gogol v. Justice would suck

Just a guess, but I think Main Stage on Sunday will look like this:

Roger Waters 10:30 -- close
My Morning Jacket 8:30 -- 9:45
Love & Rockets 7:00 -- 8:00
Spiritualized 5:30 -- 6:30
The Streets 4:00 -- 4:45
I'm From Barcelona 2:45 -- 3:30
Shout Out Louds 1:45 -- 2:30

rage patton
02-24-2008, 12:16 AM
That would work out well. But my guess is that either Spiritualized or The Streets will close out the outdoor theatre. Also, Love & Rockets will play before Roger Waters, not MMJ. And MMJ will get an hour max.

kreutz2112
02-24-2008, 12:17 AM
The Streets will close the Gobi.

Anyway, Dani, a portishead/sasha & digweed or roger waters/sasha & digweed would be horrible. HORRIBLE.

gaypalmsprings
02-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Madness vs. Goldfrapp

GaragePoet
02-24-2008, 07:57 AM
there's only a very few bands i care about all weekend, so i'm sure they'll all be playing at exactly the same time... but isn't it difficult to guess which conflicts may occur if the poster doesn't even indicate which days the bands are playing?

HEADSTRUCK
02-24-2008, 08:49 PM
FRIDAY
Racontuers vs Pendulum vs Tegan and Sara
those are the acts i most wanna see friday so any conflict between the three would suck.
Saturday
Deathcab vs Rilo Kiley ( i would cry)
Portishead Vs Rilo Kiley
Sunday
Roger Waters Vs Justice

HEADSTRUCK
02-24-2008, 08:51 PM
there's only a very few bands i care about all weekend, so i'm sure they'll all be playing at exactly the same time... but isn't it difficult to guess which conflicts may occur if the poster doesn't even indicate which days the bands are playing?

u can see day by day line up from the home page under event info

rage patton
02-24-2008, 08:51 PM

AHEM (http://www.coachella.com/event/Lineup%20by%20day)

woogie846
02-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Sharon Jones vs. the National
Black Lips vs. Fatboy Slim
Animal Collective vs. Portishead

Weatherman
02-24-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm having trouble predicting what bands will play the main stage on Sunday, besides the obvious top three. Anyone have any ideas?

Aside from what johnnypolite said I think Sia might play Main.

drugks Gillespie
02-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Booka Shade vs. Roger Waters would be a tough pill for me to swallow. I won't miss Booka Shade and would really like to end the festival with Roger Waters. I saw Justice last year so I would rather that conflict with RW than Booka.

ayoo_BEN
03-01-2008, 09:59 AM
uffie vs. yelle vs. m.i.a.
any kind of combination of that.

rage patton
03-07-2008, 12:10 AM
I am really hoping Serj Tankian and Fatboy Slim don't conflict. It wouldn't seem like they would share the same fan base, but I know a lot of people who would like to see both. And I would love it if this conflict were somehow avoidable. Thanks :)

betao
03-07-2008, 04:35 AM
Justice vs Gogol

Battles vs Fatboy Slim

menikmati
03-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Sasha & John Digweed vs. Kraftwerk

thelastgreatman
03-07-2008, 08:08 AM

There's no way you're escaping that conflict, Erik. But it's okay. Sash and Dig are likely to not be that great anymore, sadly.

menikmati
03-07-2008, 08:35 AM
move Sasha & Digweed to Sunday and I would be happy.

amyzzz
03-07-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm actually hoping for that--in case I don't like one, I can go see the other.

Boourns
03-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Playing at the same time as Portiswerk would be hell hell hell. I would drop out and not play if that's when I was booked to play.

Unless my band was valid counter-programming (i.e. shit)

rage patton
03-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Playing at the same time as Portiswerk would be hell hell hell. I would drop out and not play if that's when I was booked to play.

Unless my band was valid counter-programming (i.e. shit)

So... Turbonegro and Enter Shakari?

Boourns
03-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Yep!

Boourns
03-07-2008, 09:15 PM
So I'm listening to Battles' Mirrored right now for the first time in a while and damn, I guess I forgot how awesome it was. I really hope they don't conflict with The Verve or The Raconteurs.

rage patton
03-08-2008, 02:00 AM
So I'm listening to Battles' Mirrored right now for the first time in a while and damn, I guess I forgot how awesome it was. I really hope they don't conflict with The Verve or The Raconteurs.

Battles are one of those bands I could see play on either The Mojave, Gobi or Outdoor theatre, at any time of the day. I don't think anyone could make an educated guess as to what time they will play. I just REALLY hope they don't conflict with Fatboy Slim. It would suck if they conflicted with The Verve and/or The Raconteurs though.

wildlifeanalysis
03-11-2008, 01:54 PM
There are so many bands I want to see on Friday.
Worst conflicts for me:

The Verve > Goldfrapp
Raconteurs > Breeders
The National > Vampire Weekend
Battles > Spank Rock
Les Savy Fav > Santogold >Dan Deacon

MeowMixer
03-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Breeders v. Fatboy
Justice v. Love and Rockets

MeowMixer
03-11-2008, 05:09 PM
P.S.zIg3BuayjMY

Boourns
03-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Battles are one of those bands I could see play on either The Mojave, Gobi or Outdoor theatre, at any time of the day. I don't think anyone could make an educated guess as to what time they will play. I just REALLY hope they don't conflict with Fatboy Slim. It would suck if they conflicted with The Verve and/or The Raconteurs though.

Hopefully they don't play that late. The second half of the day is probably going to look like Breeders->Raconteurs->The Verve->Fatboy Slim. I'm really worried about being bored early Friday because the bottom six lines that day are very weak sauce.

MeowMixer
03-11-2008, 05:13 PM
DATAROCK!

rage patton
03-11-2008, 05:14 PM
The way I see it when it comes to Battles is, if they play the:
outdoor theatre, it will be around 4-6.
mojave, somewhere between 6-8.
gobi, they will close it.

personally, as long as they don't conflict with the Raconteurs, I hope they play the Mojave. If not, them out the outdoor theatre would probably still kick ass. I just don't want Battles to close the gobi.

Boourns
03-11-2008, 05:24 PM
The way I see it when it comes to Battles is, if they play the:
outdoor theatre, it will be around 4-6.
mojave, somewhere between 6-8.
gobi, they will close it.

personally, as long as they don't conflict with the Raconteurs, I hope they play the Mojave. If not, them out the outdoor theatre would probably still kick ass. I just don't want Battles to close the gobi.

I have a feeling it will be the Mojave, which probably means later in the day, which has me worried. I don't want to miss the Raconteurs or the Verve, naturally. I'm guessing the main stages will be like this:
Main:
Slightly Stoopid 4:00-4:50
Tegan and Sara 5:15-6:05
The Breeders 6:30-7:20
Raconteurs 7:45-8:35
The Verve 9:00-10:10
Jack Johnson 10:40-12:00

Outdoor:
The Swell Season 6:10-7:00
The National 7:25-8:15
Aesop Rock 8:40-9:30
Goldfrapp 9:55-10:45
Serj Tankian 11:10-12:00
Can't even begin to guess on times and order in the tents.

rage patton
03-11-2008, 06:32 PM
You really think Slightly will be mainstage? My guess was sometime between 4-6 at either the outdoor theatre or the mojave. I highly, highly (No pun intended.) doubt they will put Slightly Stoopid on the mainstage.
Also, the thought of Goldfrapp playing for Serj Tankian makes me laugh.

Boourns
03-11-2008, 08:17 PM
You really think Slightly will be mainstage? My guess was sometime between 4-6 at either the outdoor theatre or the mojave. I highly, highly (No pun intended.) doubt they will put Slightly Stoopid on the mainstage.
Also, the thought of Goldfrapp playing for Serj Tankian makes me laugh.

Well the main stage always has someone shitty mid-afternoon. I guess to discourage camping? Thrice, Thursday, Matisyahu, Satellite Party, etc. Not many acts are really big enough to take that time slot. There's usually some early-in-the-day hip hop on the main stage, guess that can be before SS.

HEADSTRUCK
03-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Well the main stage always has someone shitty mid-afternoon. I guess to discourage camping? .

very good point

Cdubby
03-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Please No Verve/Aphex conflict

betao
03-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Justice vs Gogol Bordello - please do NOT make this happen

Battles vs Fatboy Slim or Pendulum

show me what day Aphex is on, and i'll be back to this thread instantly.

orbit
03-12-2008, 10:28 AM
the verve vs aphex
the verve vs pendulum

rage patton
03-12-2008, 10:38 AM
the verve vs aphex
the verve vs pendulum

My guess is Aphex will conflict with Jack Johnson, Fatboy Slim will conflict with the Verve, and Pedulum will conflict with The Raconteurs. Assuming he plays Friday that is.

jonnypark
03-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Malkmus and Portishead would suck

Boourns
03-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Jack Johnson vs Slightly Stoopid

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Thou Shalt Not have the following conlfict...

Aphex Twin against any of these acts: Portishead, Kraftwerk, Roger Waters...
Please put Aphex Twin opposite JJ on Friday...

Kind Regards,

theburiedlife
03-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Thou Shalt Not have the following conlfict...

Aphex Twin against any of these acts: Portishead, Kraftwerk, Roger Waters...
Please put Aphex Twin opposite JJ on Friday...

Kind Regards,

Agreed, Roger Waters against Richard D James would make sunday way too difficult.

amyzzz
03-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Goldfrapp would be kind of cool on Saturday before Portishead, but I guess she's already in SF, so Friday would work. I say throw both Goldfrapp and Aphex on Friday so I can watch em, and maybe have Redd Kross early in the day on Friday or Saturday...there's no day for Redd Kross yet either, is there?

Cancersticks1
03-15-2008, 07:57 AM
aphex twin vs saturday = conflict

RickeyinLA
03-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Everybody vs Everybody else, seriously.

I'm going to be constantly running between five stages all day every day.

This is not a bad problem.

ZonkerB
03-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Waters v. Gogol

Fatboy v. Breeders

Malkmus v. DeVotchka

Kraftwerk v. M.I.A.

Minus the Bear v. 120 Days

Fingers crossed. Please don't challenge the decision-impaired too much.

Wheres the beef?
03-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Everybody vs Everybody else, seriously.

I'm going to be constantly running between five stages all day every day.

This is not a bad problem.

Dumb dumb dumb.

betao
03-16-2008, 10:05 PM
updated list:

Battles vs Fatboy Slim
Fatboy Slim vs Mum
Battles vs Mum

basically, please dont let these bands conflict.

--
Saturday

Kraftwerk vs Aphex Twin (I will kill people if this happens)
Animal Collective vs Kraftwerk
Animal Collective vs Aphex Twin

---
Sunday

Justice vs Gogol (pleeeeeeeease no!)
Booka Shade vs Gogol

micktravis
03-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Kraftwerk vs. Aphex Twin would be a huge bummer.

amyzzz
03-17-2008, 10:57 AM
portishead / aphex twin / kraftwerk / deathcab for cutie

patsfan5454
03-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Friday: No real conflicts here headliners are weak and all i really wanna see on friday is a couple of lower name acts like Spank Rock, Aesop Rock, Does it Offend You Yeah?, and Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings

Saturday: MGMT vs Anybody!!! I pray that MGMT is the only good band on at the time if not im gonna miss somebody to see this band, I have a feeling their set is gonna be talked about like when Arcade Fire came and blew up here.
Turbonegro vs Flogging Molly
MIA vs Kraftwerk

Sunday: Roger Waters vs Justice
Justice vs Simian Mobie Disco
Simian Mobile Disco vs Chromeo
Gogol Bordello vs the Streets

jigsaw
03-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Metric vs. Pink Floyd

rage patton
03-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Here are all the bands for each day that are MUST see's for me. As long as these don't conflict, I could deal with the rest of the conflicts.

Friday:
Fatboy Slim vs. Battles vs. Sharon Jones vs. Aphex Twin

Saturday:
Portishead vs. Kraftwerk vs. Flogging Molly

Sunday:
Roger Waters vs. Gogol vs. Justice vs. Holy Fuck vs. I'm From Barcelona

I know neither Gogol nor Justice will conflict with Waters, but I am afraid Gogol and Justice might conflict. And that would be a horrible conflict.

EDITED: To fit the new schedule. Also, if a Raconteurs conflict would be able to avoided on Friday, that would be swell. If not, then oh well. I will be able to deal.

cloud9
03-17-2008, 08:27 PM
there just to many god band on a saturdy so goin tto have to go with aguted intstincts

erol alkna & animsl coletive