PDA

View Full Version : How do I find the times when bands play?

Mjfritts
01-28-2008, 05:59 PM
I've noticed lately people have been finding out what time bands go on set in the day. where do i find that at? I'm looking for Sunday. I would also like to know what time I would need to start waiting around to get a good spot for Roger Waters. Feedback please

MarkO
01-28-2008, 06:00 PM
That info never comes out until the week of the festival.

gaypalmsprings
01-28-2008, 06:00 PM
no one even knows the days - so why should they know the times?

Mjfritts
01-28-2008, 06:08 PM
that's what i was thinking. then people are posting false times. anyway about roger waters. i was thinking hanging out by the main stage no later then 5pm?

MarkO
01-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Depends on how close you want to get. Others have indicated that being up close for this show might not be the best idea; you'll miss 'the big picture'.

Mjfritts
01-28-2008, 06:19 PM
i just want a good view. somewhere comfortable. I don't want to try to strain to see him and fight with the crowd to enjoy the show.

rage patton
01-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Set times will, more than likely, come out on April 21.

People aren't posting fake set times they think are legit right now, it is all speculation.

If you want a good spot for Roger Waters. I suggest getting there when the band before Roger Waters starts to play.

Tijuana
01-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Honestly, there is nothing to see up close. Waters is an old man, he is not the show. The show is the show, if you know what I mean. Stay a bit back, or you will miss the big picture, like others have said. His show is about the setup and the videos playing on the screens not about him playing solos.

cooperb1
01-30-2008, 11:40 PM
i totaly agree with being a bit far away for waters

orbit
01-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Set times will, more than likely, come out on April 21.

People aren't posting fake set times they think are legit right now, it is all speculation.

Actually, some set times start to come out through bands' myspace, websites, etc.. some time before Coachella. But yeah, it's still speculation. The official one should be up the week prior to the fest.

rage patton
01-31-2008, 08:38 AM
Actually, some set times start to come out through bands' myspace, websites, etc.. some time before Coachella. But yeah, it's still speculation. The official one should be up the week prior to the fest.

As we have learned in the past, if any artist has 20:00 down on their myspace... don't believe it. It is just a place holder time.
As for other bands who have various times set up, it will be their set time... give or take an hour.

MonsoonSeason
01-31-2008, 11:18 AM
all the rage fans last year had to wait there all day to get a good spot

fyi

Blinken
01-31-2008, 12:42 PM

fyi

Yep, but there were good acts on that I wanted see at the main stage, Roots, Manu Cho, Willie Nelson

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-31-2008, 12:45 PM
and so start the threads about the set times...

Stork
02-04-2008, 09:13 AM

fyi

No.
I stayed for all of Ratatat and ran to the very front of Rage with no problem.
Just follow the gate all the way to the left of the main stag.e

tessalasset
02-06-2008, 05:44 PM
no one even knows the days - so why should they know the times?

this comes directly from coachella.com:

http://coachella.com/coachella_v7_3day_web_poster_sat_1_26.jpg

ZackQ
02-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Yep, but there were good acts on that I wanted see at the main stage, Roots, Manu Cho, Willie Nelson

Yeah Explosions in the Sky really rocked the shit too. I think Crowded House was the only blemish on that stage. And they put on a decent enough show, it just seemed like mellow 80s rock from Aussie land was no appetizer for Rage. The Roots would probably have been better suited for their spot.

Still, I felt bad when that dude took a water bottle pelting from the crowd. Hopefully none of that will be going down this year, though I might not mind it if Jack Fucking Johnson caught a water bottle or two.

nbvwes
02-13-2008, 09:38 AM
i just want a good view. somewhere comfortable. I don't want to try to strain to see him and fight with the crowd to enjoy the show.

you won't have to strain to see from anywhere on the field, there are (at least) two large screens that show a better view than you're gonna get even if you were front row (which you'd have to sit all day for & try to keep)... and there will be about 55,000 people crammed near the main stage for Waters, so you're gonna have to deal with the crowd either way...

paganman7
02-13-2008, 11:11 AM
In '06 I camped in front of the main stage to see Tool...big fucking mistake:

1. I had to deal with Tool fans being rude and disrespectful. One sack of shit gave The Magic Numbers the middle finger throughout their entire set.

2. It was ass hot...ass hot!

3. I had to pee so bad that I thought my bladder was going to explode.

4. I had to sit through a lot of bands that I really did not enjoy (The Magic Numbers, Sleater Kinney, some latin flamenco-style band whose name is escaping me at the moment).

5. I missed a lot of great sets on some other stages.

When all was said and done, even though I had staked out my spot since around noon, I was still displaced by thousands of people pushing and shoving.

jonnypark
02-13-2008, 11:29 AM
I think you should just be a dickhead and push people out of the way to get a good spot. Keep in mind if you get punched you deserve it. You do not have the right to retaliation.