maxineXVII
01-28-2008, 03:22 PM
I think it has come down to possibly the toughest decision in my life:
Coachella or Senior Prom?
It's on the same day.

so...?

miscorrections
01-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Prom. We don't take kindly to people who start repeat threads.

maxineXVII
01-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Prom. We don't take kindly to people who start repeat threads.

KNow how I can delete the other? It didn't fit in the other subject

suprefan
01-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Both.

ivankay
01-28-2008, 05:47 PM
gonna need more info. Which day (more than likely Saturday)? How big is that line up for you and your potential prom date? Did you go to the prom last year? If so, how was it? How important is it for you to go to that type of shin dig with your high school chums for the potential last time? Is it more cool for you to make out with you date in the back seat of a car, dance floor, hotel room in the prom areas or back seat of a car, Polo Fields, hotel room/tent in Coachellla?

More info needed for potentially crummy advice.

Maaarc
01-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Coachella.

Prom, really?

Just wear you Prom dress at Coachella.
I'll come look for you and congratulate you.

Courtney
01-28-2008, 05:51 PM
gonna need more info. Which day (more than likely Saturday)? How big is that line up for you and your potential prom date? Did you go to the prom last year? If so, how was it? How important is it for you to go to that type of shin dig with your high school chums for the potential last time? Is it more cool for you to make out with you date in the back seat of a car, dance floor, hotel room in the prom areas or back seat of a car, Polo Fields, hotel room/tent in Coachellla?

More info needed for potentially crummy advice.

ivankay I <3 you.

Bosco
01-28-2008, 05:53 PM
pr0n

sbessiso
oh god, just for the fact that its an even a decision for you

prom? really?

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
prom isn't that fun. dance to bad music, or dance to good music. it's your choice.

summerkid
01-28-2008, 05:54 PM
prom isn't that fun. dance to bad music, or dance to good music. it's your choice.

word. The after parties for prom are the best part about prom and I mean really what are you going to choose just a big house party or a huge ass party on the polo fields?

coldstart
01-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Duh, Coachella!

Maaarc
01-28-2008, 06:09 PM
PROM, REALLY?!

Tijuana
01-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Prom sucks bro... it's for losers, jocks and wanabee socials or people who had a crappy time in High School. Go to coachella, you will have a better time and so will your date. While your classmates might have some lame prom stories, the Coachella stories will beat any of them.

summerkid
01-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Prom sucks bro... it's for losers, jocks and wanabee socials or people who had a crappy time in High School. Go to coachella, you will have a better time and so will your date. While your classmates might have some lame prom stories, the Coachella stories will beat any of them.

haha seriously. You get to see Portishead and Kraftwerk fuck prom!

shakermaker113
01-28-2008, 06:23 PM
you won't care about prom for long after you leave high school. coachella memories trump prom.

misterpickles
01-28-2008, 06:26 PM
easy: unless your prom is being held in the sahara tent, go to coachella

JustSteve
01-28-2008, 06:27 PM
sounds like a few of you bitter schmucks never had a date to go to prom with...

summerkid
01-28-2008, 07:28 PM
sounds like a few of you bitter schmucks never had a date to go to prom with...

you are crazy if you'd take prom over Portishead and Kraftwerk crrrrrraaaaaazzzy.

BBrown42
01-28-2008, 07:32 PM
I actually had the same exact dilemma last year. What I did (which I'd suggest although I'm not sure how convenient it is for you) was go to Coachella Friday and Prom Saturday (didn't bother schlepping back Sunday because I didn't care about that line-up as much.). Coachella is a yearly occurrence, Prom is not. Plus, the benefit of your problem happening this year is there will certainly be better Coachella line-ups in the future.

My Prom ended up being a bust, but had I not gone to Prom I would have always wondered how much fun it could have been.

So yeah, not sure if I'm any help, but count me as a vote towards Prom.

ivankay
01-28-2008, 08:07 PM
ivankay I <3 you.

Looks like i got me dibs on a slow dance at Coachella.

summerkid
01-28-2008, 08:13 PM
How important is it for you to go to that type of shin dig with your high school chums for the potential last time? .

In my experience you tend to get thrown in with your dates group of friends and their dates than your own friends (at least if you are a guy). I barely spent any time at the prom with my friends and anyways don't you people have a grad night? Isn't that the "type of shin dig with your high school chums for the potential last time"?

bmb attack
01-28-2008, 08:15 PM
I had an awesome time at both of the proms i went to in high school. Having said that - I would pick coachella any day.

algunz
01-28-2008, 08:17 PM
This is the wrong crowd to be asking - a bit biased.

I think BBrown has got some good advice, unless you're a huge Portishead fan.

PrettyRagdoll
01-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Prom is once in a lifetime. If you enjoyed HS I so go to Prom. If hs was nothing but a chore for you, throw the finger to the school and hit up Coachella

bballarl
01-28-2008, 08:24 PM
I went to two junior proms and two senior balls because my girlfriend and I went to schools across town. I am glad I went to at least one of each. I would rather have gone to Coachella though. Not because of my girlfriend or anything, but just because Coachella is awesome.

miscorrections
01-28-2008, 08:27 PM
I thought prom was incredibly fun, but I'd pick Coachella for sure.

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
01-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Unless Flogging Molly is playing prom it shouldn't be a tough choice. I'd have perfered to take my date to a sweet music and arts fest and smoke doobs on the lawn listening to some serious jams than some spit shit event planned by some not-so-associated student body.
At least I got to smoke doobs at prom though.

hypervera
01-28-2008, 08:37 PM
go to coachella ive watched a lot of teen american movies and the prom is not the big shit!! totally overrated!!!

PassiveTheory
01-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Coachella.

tchuess
01-28-2008, 10:10 PM
fcuk prom...none of my friends went to prom when I was in HS. we were too busy burning villages, raping women, and eating babies.

sassypants
01-29-2008, 05:47 AM
fcuk prom...none of my friends went to prom when I was in HS. we were too busy burning villages, raping women, and eating babies.

wow, I didn't know Pirates went to high school! ARGGGGG!!!

Anyways...I skipped my senior Prom because my junior prom was lame. If this is your only chance to go to Prom, then go. Otherwise you will always wonder about what you missed. You have the opportunity to go to Coachella for the next 20 years.

JSam67
01-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Prom is expensive drama. Coachella is expensive glory.

luveebunni08
01-29-2008, 06:37 AM
i went to 3 proms but the one i enjoyed the least was my senior prom. if you're going to skip your prom and go for coachella don't think "i'm missing my prom" and if you go the prom route don't be thinking "i'm missing this band...".

BROKENDOLL
01-29-2008, 06:40 AM
i went to 3 proms but the one i enjoyed the least was my senior prom. if you're going to skip your prom and go for coachella don't think "i'm missing my prom" and if you go the prom route don't be thinking "i'm missing this band...".
Now that's a brainiac type answer...

Melanie.Dawn
01-29-2008, 06:43 AM
I didn't go to my prom, and I had no other plans. My boyfriend at the time bought me my prom ticket... and I returned it. Looking back, that was kind of harsh. BUT... wearing a stupid dress to go and dance to lame music... boo that. There was 100 parties after anyway...
I didn't go, and I havn't regretted it... and that was 5 years ago so I've had a long time to think about it.
I would definiatly go to Coachella.

elChurro
01-29-2008, 07:23 AM
fuck prom, fuck coachella... buy some weed.:2c

ThomThom
01-29-2008, 08:33 AM
There's a Coachella every year, your senior prom is only going to happen once...Go to prom.

alex97
01-29-2008, 09:47 AM
is it senior prom? depends on how involved you are in shool.. if high school sucks for you then fuck prom.. it's all about the afterparty anyways and the one after that, and the one after that one too.. :thu

Ill_Eagle
01-29-2008, 09:49 AM
How hot is your date?

waxybk
01-29-2008, 10:29 AM
I went to 2 proms. Both sucked!! Tell a bunch of your high school friends to ditch prom with you and all go to Coachella. That way you can have your last shabang with people you may or may not ever see again.

Plus, the music always sucks at prom. Coachella....DUH!

Daft Fro
01-29-2008, 10:32 AM
More info is needed before the ruling of this forum can make decisions for you in your life.

But yea Coachella > the best possible prom imaginable... unless Daft Punk was spinning at your Prom, uh yourr Prrrom.

kreutz2112
01-29-2008, 10:40 AM
This is what I posted in the other thread:

if your date is into anal: Prom
if not: Coachella

EDIT: Just noticed this is a girl asking the question.

Edit #2: Reasoning still applies.

nationocean
01-29-2008, 11:01 AM
coachella is my prom. i will be the one wearing a tux dancing in the sahara baby!!

instinct
01-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Go to Coachella.. Seriously.. Prom sucks.. so does High School. If you go, you'll probably be wonder how it was.. but I assure you.. It probably sucked.

Todfilm
01-29-2008, 03:51 PM
I second the opinion that you should get your prom dress, corsage and limo and go to Coachella. You'll have more fun than you will at your prom.

neverclever
01-29-2008, 04:14 PM
my opinion is to do what most of your friends are doing. if you all go to coachella that is boss. but if you're solo fighting at coachella while all your friends are partying together you'll be like "wtf"... and technically you can see all those bands otherwise. also having a good date helps a lot. my prom personally sucked but yeah i'd go through that "i'd never know" kind of thinking. but if you have no friends and/or hate school fuck it dude. do what jesus would do and go bowling and/or go to coachella.

Back11Fat
01-29-2008, 05:30 PM
High school was good to me and prom was great but I'd go with Coachella mostly cause you'll probably have a better time.

Memorial_07
01-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Coachella>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Finals (that I can make up on tuesday)