PDA

View Full Version : What makes Coachella so special for you?

Truta
01-28-2008, 03:26 PM
I used to think it was just the lineup, but the more concerts I attend I realize that there is something different about it, something special.

I have seem some bands which I already saw at Coachella in different venues and it was not the same thing.

Maybe it's the heat, or the variety of music, or the location, or maybe the artists simply try harder at Coachella because of all other great bands playing at the same time.... What do you think??

I think it's because the heat, it makes you high, even if you didn't have any enhancements..... it's almost like an spiritual experience.....

Memorial_07
01-28-2008, 03:34 PM
The people.
The bands.
The food.

Its everything in a concert/festival that would make it complete.
Or maybe its the vast green that goes on and on.

It just is special

woogie846
01-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Spicy Pie Pizza

gaypalmsprings
01-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Madness & Goldfrapp

BROKENDOLL
01-28-2008, 04:33 PM
The diversity of it all. Young, old, sober, shitfaced, from here, from there, all gathered together...Ooops! And sharing it with Suffacated!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_2_102.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZKxdm011YYUS)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZKxdm011YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_ZKxdm011YYUS&utm_id=7926)

KungFuJoe
01-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Madness & Goldfrapp

:thu

full on idle
01-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Yablonowitz.

smoke
01-28-2008, 05:25 PM
i like feeling like i am totally anonymous, yet completely surrounded by friends.

karecares
01-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Last year was my first Coachella and when i walked in, evening friday night, i was absolutely struck by the beauty and also the general feeling of the festival, a level of calm i'm yet to feel anywhere else especially in a place that is that overstimulating.

The people were all friendly, there was a sense of community, after all we were all there for the same reason. The ability to go up to a complete stranger and have a convo about whatever is awsome. It may be bc i'm from the tristate area and spend alot of time in NYC but no other place i've been too has been that warm and friendly.

For me coachella is like going to nirvana, mecca or whatever ppl refer to 'that' place as.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Madness & Goldfrapp

:rotfl

that's fucked up....

sacleonard
01-28-2008, 06:13 PM
I used to think it was just the lineup....

Didn't we all?

PrettyRagdoll
01-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Three days of music, followed by nights of filled with drinking and smoking with people camping next to you... It's a brilliant time

sbessiso
01-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Last year was my first Coachella and when i walked in, evening friday night, i was absolutely struck by the beauty and also the general feeling of the festival, a level of calm i'm yet to feel anywhere else especially in a place that is that overstimulating.

The people were all friendly, there was a sense of community, after all we were all there for the same reason. The ability to go up to a complete stranger and have a convo about whatever is awsome. It may be bc i'm from the tristate area and spend alot of time in NYC but no other place i've been too has been that warm and friendly.
For me coachella is like going to nirvana, mecca or whatever ppl refer to 'that' place as.

yuuup, i remember when i went in 06, my friend and i were just so shocked at how NICE everybody was, we're used to raging miami douchebags, it was indeed something special.

so many cute guys, the mixture of hippies, hipsters, normals, all living together for those two days

*sigh* it WAS nirvana

and i totalyl agree about the bands playing better at a festival, ive noticed this to be proven a couple times, it might also be because theyre playing to slightly larger crowds than they normally play to on tour, YYY's in 06 blew me away, when they stopped here in Miami, they kinda sucked

OnAJourney
01-28-2008, 08:12 PM
i like feeling like i am totally anonymous, yet completely surrounded by friends.

well said my friend

AbundantChoice
01-28-2008, 09:16 PM
- seeing The Convergence of the Floodlights for the first time each year
- surviving off water, gatorade, and frozen lemonade for a day
- being pleasantly surprised by smaller bands on the bill
- Finally seeing what half the electric art looks like when the sun goes down
- hopping in the pool after a long day at the festival and catching up with what all my friends saw when we split up

and, of course

- coughing up huge dustballs for the next few days

algunz
01-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Absolutely everything!!