PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Ass Goldenvoice

Doors2time
01-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Its so crazy that they first give us a weak lineup,then they put tickets on sale and say they sold out of single days? yeah right!!!! they just want everyone to spend money on the three day passes even if they only want to go one day. we all know that they are going to put single days back on sale after all the newbies run out and buy up all the 3 day passes. Not to mention the price went up, and beers are now $15.00 a pop!!!!Goldenvoice is doing some shady shit this year!

nationocean
01-28-2008, 01:26 PM
oh noes! the horror..

yawn.. stretch..

call me when some actual news happens..

microcuts
01-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Where do you see the beer price being raised to $15. That's more than double what it's always been. Smells like bullshit to me.

Doors2time
01-28-2008, 01:27 PM
my dad works for goldenvoice

OnAJourney
01-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Its so crazy that they first give us a weak lineup,then they put tickets on sale and say they sold out of single days? yeah right!!!! they just want everyone to spend money on the three day passes even if they only want to go one day. we all know that they are going to put single days back on sale after all the newbies run out and buy up all the 3 day passes. Not to mention the price went up, and beers are now $15.00 a pop!!!!Goldenvoice is doing some shady shit this year!

not calling you a liar but am interested in knowing how it is you know that beer prices went up.
GV is shady, without a doubt.

microcuts
01-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Sure he does. And my best friend works for Capitol. And his best friend cleans the toilets for the guy who runs Warner.

Doors2time
01-28-2008, 01:31 PM
He does, and thats one of the reasons why i am soooo pissed at him and goldenvoice this year!!!

Doors2time
01-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Thats pretty funny micro!!! lol

Bud Luster
01-28-2008, 01:44 PM

yawn is right. welcome to the 21st century.

my dad works for goldenvoice

Then I assume you will be getting your passes for free? Oh, they dont give the janitors comp tix? too bad. Maybe you should just kick your dad's ass when you get home from your latchkey afterschool program.

faxman75
01-28-2008, 01:45 PM
You guys don't understand what is going on this year.

Doors2time
01-28-2008, 01:51 PM
I am joking around fagman trying to make best of a shit situation, I see exactly what is going on, and if my dad wants to clean up shit for a living whats it to you

faxman75
01-28-2008, 01:53 PM
This is no joking matter young man.

Doors2time
01-28-2008, 01:54 PM
hey molester he actually does get free tics and has for the last 6 years, wiping your shit up has its perks

Doors2time
01-28-2008, 01:56 PM
its reality and i hope everyone has enjoyed coachella the past couple of years cause its never going to be the same

faxman75
01-28-2008, 01:56 PM
boo <throws popcorn> booo

Doors2time
01-28-2008, 01:59 PM
has the az heat gone to your head ? then what is going on all wise man?

faxman75
01-28-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm waiting for you to say something interesting. So far man is the best you got. lol

Doors2time
01-28-2008, 02:06 PM
golden voice is selling us all out!!

Bud Luster
01-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Then I guess we wont see you on the pologrounds this year, free tix and all. Im sure you rage against the machine right? It's not going be the same ever again, too bad. GV can sell me out year after year...

BROKENDOLL
01-28-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm waiting for you to say something interesting. So far fagman is the best you got. lol
Hmm, Molester was rather quaint, no?

boarderwoozel3
01-28-2008, 02:25 PM
golden voice is selling us all out!!

If there was any hint of truth what you or your "GV employee dad" had to say it got discarded right around the time you attempted to say the price of beer was being raised %114 to $15. Bullshit, just bullshit, this would never happen in one year. You fail at lying.

If you're upset about the lineup, so be it, but don't come at us with some rookie "my dad is some insider" crap.

Side note- very VERY few people choose to clean up feces for a living. But if he's into it, by all means. I'm sure cornering that market wouldn't be too tough. Just say'n...

traviscanada
01-28-2008, 02:28 PM

Beers better not be $15 a pop..... I didn't mind so much paying $7 bucks for everything.

faxman75
01-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Hmm, Molester was rather quaint, no?

heh I think that was meant for Luster.

Sci-Fi
01-30-2008, 12:06 PM
GV is shady, just look at the flyer. Weak attempt to correct there headliner fuck ups.

-R.I.P Coachella

psychic friend
01-30-2008, 12:16 PM
sci-fi is a dummy.

lol

mvanwinkle
01-30-2008, 12:18 PM
GV is shady, just look at the flyer. Weak attempt to correct there headliner fuck ups.

-R.I.P Coachella

dude seriously get over it. the lineups great. you are a pos

Doors2time
02-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Sci-fi is right!! psycho friend and mvan are retarded!! psycho is just trying to cover it up!!

MarkO
02-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Beers better not be $15 a pop..... I didn't mind so much paying $7 bucks for everything.

Paying $7 for watery piss is one thing; being ok with it is another. Ugh...

BillyCrystal
02-04-2008, 11:07 AM
i'm pretty sure GV isn't really involved in setting beer prices, they just give Heinekin all the alcohol rights for the fest...and regardless, they wouldn't charge $15 for beer because people wouldn't pay it. i mean, considering how much people complain about paying $7, if they charged twice as much they'd get about 1/5 as much business.

BillyCrystal
02-04-2008, 11:10 AM
oh, on a somewhat related note, i have heard that beer prices are going to increase nationally because of some problem with growing hops (not sure if it's true)...so maybe beer will cost $9 or something...

M Sparks
02-04-2008, 12:15 PM
There actually is a hops shortage, I don't think it's supposed to increase prices much though. Certainly not at a place like a festival where they are overcharging anyway. Maybe a six pack will go up 50 cents.

I've heard that the main problem is that some small brewers are having trouble getting them at all. Or that they can't produce certain recipes with high hops content.

BTW...I didn't drink last year...what kind of beer do they have? Is it just Heineken? Can you get anything decent? I usually don't drink anything I can see through. :)

brando4n82
02-04-2008, 12:49 PM
I usually don't drink anything I can see through. :)

now you're talking my language:)

Sonicifyouwantit
02-04-2008, 01:30 PM
$15 beer?? hmm, guess they dont want to sell many beers than...unless they are 20oz beers...I dont buy it (pun intended)

traviscanada
02-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Paying $7 for watery piss is one thing; being ok with it is another. Ugh...

Ya thats more what I meant......... I will deal with it and still buy a couple. It's about the same price as it is at a hockey game here, and at least our dollar is stronger than it was last year.

traviscanada
02-04-2008, 01:36 PM
There actually is a hops shortage, I don't think it's supposed to increase prices much though. Certainly not at a place like a festival where they are overcharging anyway. Maybe a six pack will go up 50 cents.

I've heard that the main problem is that some small brewers are having trouble getting them at all. Or that they can't produce certain recipes with high hops content.

BTW...I didn't drink last year...what kind of beer do they have? Is it just Heineken? Can you get anything decent? I usually don't drink anything I can see through. :)

I think a large company like Heineken probably even has contracts for their hops which would guarentee them a certain price......... not positive but seeing as how large a corporation they are, I could see it.

M Sparks
02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
I think a large company like Heineken probably even has contracts for their hops which would guarentee them a certain price......... not positive but seeing as how large a corporation they are, I could see it.

Exactly...it's really just affecting the small companies. Unfortunately, that's the only beer I drink.

gboyzie
02-04-2008, 02:30 PM
If beer rises to 9 dollars a drink... I would suggest everyone boycott and bring a pipe instead. It won't be profitable if noone buys their booze. SO DON'T! and let them know why. The price should be 5 bucks. Period. It isn't worth 36 bucks to get a mediocre buzz.

MarkO
02-04-2008, 03:03 PM
It's not a problem with growing hops. It's a shortage of hops. Not enough acreage for the demand. Farmers are growing a lot more corn for ethanol now. Also, you can't just turn around and decide to grow hops and have a harvest next year. It takes 3 or 4 years for a turnaround. And yes .... beer prices are and already have gone up.