PDA

View Full Version : Dear Psychic Friend,

HorseTears
01-27-2008, 05:47 PM
So, uh, what's the word around the GV headquarters? Is everyone at GV aware of the thud that greeted this year's lineup announcement or are they living in a bubble?

Sure, we're all being whiny little bitches, but I honestly do not recall such a negative response to a Coachella lineup since I started attending 5 years ago.

You all must be under a tremendous amount of stress at this time and it can't be an easy thing to get a quality lineup and big name yet Coachella-appropriate headliners every year.

Here's to '09!

Mr.Nipples
01-27-2008, 05:47 PM
horse piss!

psychic friend
01-27-2008, 05:51 PM
are they living in a bubble?

Sure, we're all being whiny little bitches, but I honestly do not recall such a negative response to a Coachella lineup

get out of my thread. there have been whiny complainers each year.

not me who lives in a bubble.

xxoo

fasttrack
01-27-2008, 05:53 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h11/bkmurphy/boy_in_the_plastic_bubble.jpg

fasttrack
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f259/danvito/bubble_boy.jpg

psychic friend
since this is my thread im gonna man handle too.

so there!

boarderwoozel3
01-27-2008, 05:59 PM
So, uh, what's the word around the GV headquarters? Is everyone at GV aware of the thud that greeted this year's lineup announcement or are they living in a bubble?

Sure, we're all being whiny little bitches, but I honestly do not recall such a negative response to a Coachella lineup since I started attending 5 years ago.

You all must be under a tremendous amount of stress at this time and it can't be an easy thing to get a quality lineup and big name yet Coachella-appropriate headliners every year.

Here's to '09!

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/1188096596016.gif

That is all.

jaysocal
01-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Dear Psychic Friend,

Through all the years, you have always been there for us! Of course, we love you

mush.

:-)

HorseTears
01-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Psychic Friend,

This is in no way an attack against anyone at GV and certainly not you. You do a great job moderating this board. While there are whiners every year (myself included), I don't recall it being like this in the past, but maybe my memory's fuzzier than yours.

I was just curious to know if those at GV headquarters were aware of the unusually loud displeasure (read by some as bitching) being voiced on the forums. I know that you, of course, are more than aware of it.

Like I said, it can't be an easy thing getting a lineup of quality acts every year and there are definitely some great choices included this year. I'm happy to see The Verve, Portishead, The Breeders, Fatboy Slim, Justice and MIA. It just doesn't feel as special and as must-see as in years past. Perhaps moving back to two days would have been an answer to the issue.

Ah, well... thanks for keeping an eye on us.

psychic friend
01-27-2008, 06:54 PM
yes they read the board. every year.

thelastgreatman
01-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Dear Psychic Friend,

Do you think Randy's hot? I think he's pretty fucking hot.

Amneeziac
01-27-2008, 07:13 PM
HorseTears, I am afraid that your posts have caused me to dislike you quite a lot.

If you are so knowledgeable about what it is that Goldenvoice should do with regards to the festival, why don't you put in the hard work that people like Psychic Friend do.

thelastgreatman
01-27-2008, 07:14 PM
I think this thread should continue as a "Dear Abby" knock-off.

psychic friend
01-27-2008, 07:17 PM
HorseTears, I am afraid that your posts have caused me to dislike you quite a lot.

If you are so knowledgeable about what it is that Goldenvoice should do with regards to the festival, why don't you put in the hard work that people like Psychic Friend do.

1. I don't care if you dislike me.

2. I never claimed to be "so knowledgeable about what it is that Goldenvoice should do with regards to the festival"

3. I put in hard work. I am ok with you not knowing how I spend my days though.

Harrisment
01-27-2008, 07:18 PM
I understand what he is asking, I've wondered the same thing too. I haven't been around in previous years so I have no clue if the dissapointment level is on par with them. But I have wondered whether or not the decision makers at GV know how let down many people are and are actively trying to improve the lineup, or do they think that for the most part the level of excitement is at the level of other years. Don't really think you guys need to hate on him for that, but whatever.

Personally I was dissapointed at first, but I am using this as a chance to get to know a lot of new bands and because of that I am now super excited about attending Coachella. If the big name acts were on the lineup then I probably wouldn't have put near as much effort into getting to know some of these groups, so in that regard I am thankful. Can't wait!

faxman75
01-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Dear Helper Girl, I am only 13 years old and I have these sores on my mouth. I had a party last weekend and it was a rainbow party so all kinds of different girls were there. How do I know which one to ask about these bumps?

faxman75
01-27-2008, 07:20 PM
I understand what he is asking, I've wondered the same thing too. I haven't been around in previous years so I have no clue if the dissapointment level is on par with them. But I have wondered whether or not the decision makers at GV no how let down many people are and are trying to actively trying to improve the lineup, or do they think that for the most part the level of excitement is at the level of other years. Don't really think you guys need to hate on him for that, but whatever.

Of course they know, it's all over the blog universe, the LA times and countless other publications. How could the greatest indie/electronic cutting edge festival be out of touch with all that has been said? Not possible.

thelastgreatman
01-27-2008, 07:25 PM
SOME people are disappointed. People who suck.

The rest of us, however...

captncrzy
01-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Dear Psychic Friend,

It's been raining ALL DAY here in Phoenix. What's the word there in LA? Any rain?

Sincerely,

Jennifer

psychic friend
01-27-2008, 07:27 PM
i am not gv.

i read the complaints each year.

this years complainers (generally) dont remember 2005 complainers. etc. etc.

each year's complainers have slightly different taste than the previous years complainers.

over all in my opinion i think coachella is doing good, i cant wait for april.

sorry if this is not a response you wanted to read, i am not gv.. just a helper girl.

paulb
01-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Dani...

Prodigy.

yay or nay?

thelastgreatman
01-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Dear Psychic Friend,

I have fourteen illegitimate children. Do you think I should care? I say fuck 'em.

Cheating Child Support in Chatsworth

microlovebeat
01-27-2008, 07:31 PM
i'll never understand how randy could ever live under the impression that he's actually funny.

psychic friend
01-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Randy,

STFU

xxoo,
PF

suprefan
01-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Randy,

STFU

xxoo,
PF

Right on

How did the stuff I sent you turn out?

i'll never understand how randy could ever live under the impression that he's actually funny.

Me neither

thelastgreatman
01-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Dear Psychic Friend,

I love you too. What does STFU mean? Is that some more freaky sexual shit? Should I buy more lube before I come over?

Acronymless in Akron

psychic friend
01-27-2008, 07:35 PM
STFU = shut the fuck up

enough

Amneeziac
01-27-2008, 08:09 PM
i am sooo confused....

nothing new :)

psychic friend
01-27-2008, 08:21 PM
we love gaychella though