PDA

View Full Version : Nikka Costa - Whatever Happened to Her?

HorseTears
01-27-2008, 04:02 PM
I remember Nikka played Coachella a few years back. I'd love to see her back on the bill. What a great live performer. An amazing set of pipes, great live energy, really appealing melodies, a killer live band and really tight production on her albums. I thought she was going to blow up, but after her 2nd album she's dropped off the face of the planet. I'm guessing that her record company dropped her since her official website now links directly to her personal MySpace page which doesn't give up too much information besides the fact that she seems to occasionally play one off shows in So Cal and that she recently had a baby.

Seems she opened for Prince in Europe last year.

If you're unfamiliar with Nikka. Think Janis Joplin/Tina Turner style vocals with heavy funk influence, but a modern sensibility. You know, she's like Joss Stone, but good.

BiI_caFfquA

cRgIaz6-ovY

Ulcer
01-27-2008, 08:15 PM
She has recently entered rehab (4th time). She has been addicted to hookers and blow for the last 14 months. She is a sad story. Hopefully she kicks it this time. Pray for her.

HorseTears
01-27-2008, 08:31 PM
She has recently entered rehab (4th time). She has been addicted to hookers and blow for the last 14 months. She is a sad story. Hopefully she kicks it this time. Pray for her.

Riiight. So, if I take an H2 Blocker, will you disappear in 2-3 weeks?

HorseTears
02-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Just talking to myself here, really, but it looks like Nikka has been up to something. She's got two new songs recorded including a rousing cover of The White Stripes' 'Denial Twist'.

It took me a couple of listens to warm to her cover, but now I think it's rather excellent. What a killer set of pipes this woman has.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pulibe

HunterGather
02-02-2008, 03:41 PM
I wondered too.
Then I looked at Wikipedia and got caught up.
It's too bad she didn't get as big as people thought she would.

thelastgreatman
02-02-2008, 04:01 PM
She played recently and I had tickets and ended up not being able to go, it sucked. Love her, she should be added.

scoop49er
02-02-2008, 08:11 PM
i saw her at a shitty radio festival her in sacramento. she stood out and rocked it! it was 103 outside and her sweaty hot ass kicked it hard! i have 2 of her cd's and both are very good. has a kravitz/prince vibe and she is solid live! would love to see her at coachella in the gobi tent at 4pm! :)

Alchemy
02-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Also whatever happened to Nic Armstrong? That guy was awesome in 05.

RageAgainstTheAoki
01-14-2010, 09:01 PM
:bump

ZEvBvV8u460

fikus222
01-14-2010, 11:27 PM
I was just listening to this today:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DlUHIiTwBzQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DlUHIiTwBzQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Norwalkguy
01-15-2010, 12:49 PM
i didnt now Mark Ronson produced her first album.. Back when Ronson played @ the El Rey back in 07 (?) she came out and Performed "like a feather"..It was amazing..

Isnt she Sinatra's Grand daughter or something..i could be wrong..

FoxeyLady
01-15-2010, 12:51 PM
I support this :)

RageAgainstTheAoki
01-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Isnt she Sinatra's Grand daughter or something..i could be wrong..

Goddaughter, I believe. Her father was an arranger for many artists, including Sinatra.

Ulcer
01-16-2010, 08:23 PM
BTW, is horsetears an ugly woman or a meth addicted male with a wig on?

I'll let my minions judge!