PDA

View Full Version : Please add BURIAL

jazzz
01-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Burial or Skream would be great and both have new releases out!

sonofhal
01-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Yes, please add lots of acts that never play live.

faxman75
01-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Yes, because if they haven't played live in the past, that means they will never EVER play live..

brilliant

jazzz
01-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Yes, because if they haven't played live in the past, that means they will never EVER play live..

brilliant

Maybe with 2 albums that will change... Skream does play live

sonofhal
01-27-2008, 01:36 PM

brilliant

I think it makes it rather unlikely. That's all.

Amneeziac
01-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Burial should definitely be there, since NOBODY but his boss even knows who he IS!

orbit
01-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Do you think dubstep would be well received by the Coachella crowd?

I love dubstep, but I'd rather to see Tipper or Tayo throwing some dubstep tracks in the middle of a breaks set than a whole dubstep set.

And Burial won't play, he pretends to be super underground.

faxman75
01-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Yep, very elusive. I read an interview where he said he thinks and hopes there are only 4-5 people who know who he is.

faxman75
01-27-2008, 01:41 PM
And Burial won't play, he pretends to be super underground.

How does he "pretend" to be? He IS super underground.

Amneeziac
01-27-2008, 01:44 PM
The whole shrouded by mystery thing just makes me like his stuff more. Smart guy, that Burial. :P

Robototron
01-27-2008, 01:51 PM

Burial hasn't been underground for a while now. His S/T got him quite a bit of press outside of the Dubstep scene, and Untrue was one of the most critically acclaimed albums of last year. Unless you meant super underground in that no one knows his identity, he's not so underground anymore.

I agree that having a Dubstep producer go on at Coachella would probably just clear the tent, though.

orbit
01-27-2008, 02:10 PM

Well, he likes to give interviews stating he is super underground and telling how much he likes to be 'in the dark side' then.

I like his stuff, but Untrue has been too over hyped, imo. I might believe the guy is honest and he doesn't like too much attention, leaving his label as the one marketing this 'mysterious' thing everywhere. But regardless of this hype, he does a pretty good job.

And actually, his album Untrue is not entirely dubstep, I see it more like UK garage with R&B elements. His Thom Yorke's remix is pretty interesting dubstep, though.

Ritestyl
01-27-2008, 03:55 PM
the whole thread smells like stupid...

jazzz = should use search feature