PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to....

Marilla
01-29-2007, 01:34 PM
get up to the front row for the closing artist, like say, BJORK!!?!?

frijolesdelaolla
01-29-2007, 02:54 PM
really fucking hard if you try to get there minutes before the set starts, specially at the main stage. You should work your way up there 2 artists (at least) before the one you want to see. It's never easy to get there and staying there is even harder. Last year i relied on this huge dude that pushed over i dont know how many people to make way, i just followed him.

GirlFromMars
01-29-2007, 03:38 PM
yeah it will be really hard. Especially since it's the main stage. If you want to be right up in front you'll have to go really early, probably when the very first band starts. And you'll have to stay there the whole time.

Natelevmofuggaz
02-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Not really that hard just get there earlier and gradually move up. I got up front to see Tool last year and it wasn't hard at all.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-05-2007, 02:09 PM
I ended up like 2nd row to the right side of the stage for Coldplay in 05. I didn't try that hard, but I did start "moving in" during Wilco's set, which was followed by Weezer and Bahuas. I basically just watched for open spots and made major moves during the crowd exchanges in between acts and made it up front with little or no trouble. But be warned the force at the front is insane. We were packed so tight had I lifted my feet I would have been held in place by the people surrounding me and could barely breathe. But it was worth it.

C DUB YA
02-05-2007, 07:12 PM
3/4 bands before is a good rule of thumb. Plus you don't wanna piss people off with mindless shoving to go nowherre when there is no room, and believe me, there won't be.

Paisleyy
02-19-2007, 01:58 PM
last year i got up to being only two people away from the barrier for franz ferdinand, & one person away from barrier for depeche mode, & we got there just before franz ferdinand's set. it isn't that hard if you don't have a fear of pissing people off by pushing through them. the only bummer is that a lot of people are really uptight & dumb at coachella, so if you push in front of them, they'll scream & whine the entire time, & sometimes even hit you. just ignore it.

also, work your way in from the side. start as far up as you can & just work your way to the center. it's MUCH easier than working your way from the back.

faxman75
02-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Get ready for the great Bjork push 2007!!

Weren't people complaining about getting crushed the last time Bjork played?

I wonder who is more violent RAge or Bjork? I think Bjork has knocked out more journalists so it would make sense her fans would trample eachother too.

Botrocker
02-19-2007, 02:26 PM
It's easy especially if you're by yourself. I've gotten to the front almost always and even during artist's set. Just roll solo. The only exception to this rule was daft punk.

faxman75
02-19-2007, 02:27 PM
it isn't that hard if you don't have a fear of pissing people off by pushing through them.

I can't think of ruder behavior when you are talking about getting close. Pushing through people to stand in front of them is ridiculous and usually will get "no it's packed up here back off" from me.

the only bummer is that a lot of people are really uptight & dumb at coachella, so if you push in front of them, they'll scream & whine the entire time, & sometimes even hit you. just ignore it.

You deserve the punch if you are pushing passed people to stand in front of people that have been in their spot for a long time. What the fuck makes you so special that you have to ruin other peoples experience?

boarderwoozel3
02-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Be aggressive. B-E aggressive!

Vitalic
02-19-2007, 03:11 PM
get up to the front row for the closing artist, like say, BJORK!!?!?

Was there all day to get up front for NIN and then by the time they came on I couldn't even breathe right. GOD HELP ANYONE who dares to be in the front when rage comes on.

Teamtoe
02-19-2007, 03:15 PM
I want to try to be up close..but it's my first time. it's hard to breathe?

motopat651
02-19-2007, 04:38 PM

It also helps to be big and look like you don't give a shit

woogie846
02-19-2007, 08:48 PM
It also helps to be big and look like you don't give a shit

Vin Diesel is so lucky.

faxman75
02-20-2007, 05:58 AM
I love to smile as people push by me and then trip them on their asses! hahahahaha

eric m
02-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Drop bows on em?

faxman75
02-20-2007, 07:27 AM
What's with all the hostility towards people who try to move up front? It's a concert people. That's what happens.

The hostility occurs when people are ignorant. Like the idiot in this thread who doesn't understand why this
it isn't that hard if you don't have a fear of pissing people off by pushing through them. would piss anyone off. If you are pushing through me, you are going to get knocked on your ass. It's fucking rude. Plain and simple. If you wanted to be up front, you would have got there early. If you didn't you arent' going to push by me so you can stand in front of me. It's fucking rude. I can't believe someone would be justifying this behavior by saying "it's a concert just deal".

If you don't protect your area then you're going to have people moving into it.

Ahh so there you have it. The only way to protect is to block out then right? Elbows? Right? If an area is already tight as the FRONT will be all day, and you are trying to move in an already tight area, get ready to be met with AIDZ needles. Don't be rude and try to push or squeeze past me or I may be forced to PROTECT my area.

It's that simple. What do you expect to have a nice little buffer zone of a few inches around yourself at all times? That will never happen at pretty much any concert close to the front. Deal with it.

It isn't safe to continue to squish and push forward. There is no point in trying to squeeze through areas that are already tight. It's fucking rude to squeeze past people who have been standing in the same spot for a long period of time so you can stand in front of them. It's fucking rude. How do you not understand that? Yes it's always packed up front at a concert which is the EXACT reason you shouldn't try to get up there once it's already squished. Get a brain and get there early otherwise you will be met with the same rudeness you bring with you.

I find it a fun challenge to see how long it takes me to get to the front. It's usually pretty easy to do when you know the tricks and techniques to do so, but actually taking a person out of place when they are at the front rail takes a big longer. You just have to wedge in there and have the crowd push from the back do the work for you. If you want to maximize being close to the stage and minimize the amount of crowd pushing its best to set up shop on the sides in between the the end of the stage and say the bassist or guitarist. If you are in the center you're going to get squashed.

This is completly ignorant and rude behavior. You are such a brain stem that you are oblivious to the fact that you are pushing people out of the way who have been there for hours and then you call it technique. One day you will get knocked on your ass for being so fucking rude.

A lot of people complain that others are pushing as well, but the "pusher" really is getting pushed by the force of 20 people behind them. Expecting one person to be a wall against that force so you can be comfortable is completely unreasonable.

Everybody rushes and crowds towards the center where the lead singer is, then it hits a point where no more people can enter into that space, but there are still people trying to get in there, so this force pushes people outwards from the center and towards the sides of the stage. I've been at concerts where I was in between the bassist on the left and the lead singer in the center at the start of a set, on the front rail, and have ended up past the bassist towards the edge of the stage and still on the front rail by the time the set was finished.

Your fucking science and logic is RETARDED you really need MENTAL help. You can justify your rude, violent behavior however you see fit but the fact of the matter is you are pushing your way all the way to front not giving a good god damn who stand in front of or how you get there. You are obnoxious and a worthless waste of space at concerts.

motopat651
02-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Its pretty funny how people can be so brave to speak their mind when they are hiding behind a computer screen.If I want to get up front,I'm going to get up there.I'm not going to be a dick about it,but if you try and sucker punch me for going through we will have a problem.In real life you can't hide behind your computer!

motopat651
02-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Its pretty funny how people can be so brave to speak their mind when they are hiding behind a computer screen.If I want to get up front,I'm going to get up there.I'm not going to be a dick about it,but if you try and sucker punch me for going through we will have a problem.In real life you can't hide behind your computer!

york707
02-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Being up front is for shitheads and fanboys.

Why you would want to waste so much time and energy is beyond me, since it causes you to miss out on so many other great bands.

faxman75
02-20-2007, 08:00 AM
Its pretty funny how people can be so brave to speak their mind when they are hiding behind a computer screen.

What makes you think I don't speak my mind all day with people? That makes for a cute response but I have no problem stating how I feel. Funny though how you would automatically think someone in the middle of a conversation would feel the need to hide.

If I want to get up front,I'm going to get up there.I'm not going to be a dick about it,but if you try and sucker punch me for going through we will have a problem.In real life you can't hide behind your computer!

You say you aren't going to be a dick about it but if you are to the point where you need to squeeze through people and you are squeezing just stand in front of someone else then that makes you a dick.

faxman75
02-20-2007, 08:03 AM
A mosh pit is a different story by the way, i'm not discussing mosghing and I could really give two shits about your 100 pits you have been in. Moshing and standing and watching a show are two different things.

Also this "push" you speak of doesn't occur with every artist as you make it seem. In fact there was quite the dangerous push back in 2002 for guess who? Bjork? People passed out and were crushed. I'm glad those that pushed and got up front got to see their idol. I love the fuck my fellow concert goers attitude.

orbit
02-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Just dont do that at RATM time. You will die, yes, DIE.

amdux
02-20-2007, 08:21 AM
if you're going to push thru, be nice about it and apologize, and say thank you

personally, i don't give a crap, bumping and shoving is what comes with the territory in the first 1/4 mile in front of the main stage with a big act, but if it bothers my better half, you WILL find out why she is called the better half, and no computer screen in the world will protect you

:thu

motopat651
02-20-2007, 08:32 AM
if you're going to push thru, be nice about it and apologize, and say thank you

personally, i don't give a crap, bumping and shoving is what comes with the territory in the first 1/4 mile in front of the main stage with a big act, but if it bothers my better half, you WILL find out why she is called the better half, and no computer screen in the world will protect you

:thu

thats what I'm talking about!:thu If you don't want to deal with this don't go up front

Brenbren
02-20-2007, 08:47 AM
great info

RienOneTexas
02-20-2007, 09:06 AM
WOW!!! Faxman! HUGE CONCERT BABY!!! Give your nerves a rest, Bitter McBitterton. It's a concert, and rest assured, I will be one of the thousands pushing foward, and pushing you passive fans right out of our way! BUT IN A NICE WAY!!!!

faxman75
02-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Awesome!!!

paganman7
02-20-2007, 10:33 AM
I agree 100% with Faxman. It's beyond me why people think there's space up front when clearly everyone is packed like sardines.

I wouldn't sucker punch someone or trip them, but I've certainly told people there's no room.

This is the sole reason why Coachella is the ONLY GA show I attend. Honestly, I would rather miss a concert than deal with rude, disrespectful people who think that, for some strange reason, they're better than everyone else who has to stand further back.

apachedino
02-20-2007, 10:41 AM
There is room up front, it would be different if there wasn't. Even for Tool last year once things got moving I got up front and sure six people deep it was packed, but beyond that nothing, but pits. I am not going to sit in the back with the gapers when there is room up front. You don't know there isn't until you try. You go ahead and sit there while I get up front. I am not mad at you, just trying to get up front. It is rediculous to ask me to get there 4 bands prior to when I already have like 20 bands I want to see each day. It is a concert and it is a GA concert, so pushing is going to happen. Don't get bent about it and if you NEED some personal space get in the back. Pushing is especially true for some bands I.E. RATM. If people weren't getting all nuts I would be disappointed. I mean don't seriously hurt anybody on purpose, but have some energy.

GA shows rock, seats suck.

paganman7
02-20-2007, 10:47 AM
There is room up front, it would be different if there wasn't. Even for Tool last year once things got moving I got up front and sure six people deep it was packed, but beyond that nothing, but pits. I am not going to sit in the back with the gapers when there is room up front. You don't know there isn't until you try. You go ahead and sit there while I get up front. I am not mad at you, just trying to get up front. It is rediculous to ask me to get there 4 bands prior to when I already have like 20 bands I want to see each day. It is a concert and it is a GA concert, so pushing is going to happen. Don't get bent about it and if you NEED some personal space get in the back. Pushing is especially true for some bands I.E. RATM. If people weren't getting all nuts I would be disappointed. I mean don't seriously hurt anybody on purpose, but have some energy.

GA shows rock, seats suck.

Even though I disagree with you, I can completely see your point. When I'm at a set, I don't mind being tossled a bit. In fact, I expect it. At the rage set, I know I'm going to get bounced, and if I start getting uncomfortable, I'll certainly move back.

I think my point is that when people start pushing ahead of you and not get very far, it's silly that I may have stood in that spot for 2 hours, while someone who "doesn't mind pissing people off" has no problem pushing you aside.

summerkid
02-20-2007, 11:28 AM
WOW!!! Faxman! HUGE CONCERT BABY!!! Give your nerves a rest, Bitter McBitterton. It's a concert, and rest assured, I will be one of the thousands pushing foward, and pushing you passive fans right out of our way! BUT IN A NICE WAY!!!!

so its cool to injure people because you want to get up closer?

motopat651
02-20-2007, 11:38 AM
so its cool to injure people because you want to get up closer?

who said anything about injuring people?If you want to be up front expect that you will be crowded,pushed,ect.It will happen.I'll will try to get as close as I can,but I'm not going to hurt anybody in the process.This is a rock concert,not the fucking symphony.If you don't like it stay home!

faxman75
02-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Umm well you see injuries occur when everyone pushes forward. It's hard to believe but there are people in front who are getting crushed. Literally.

faxman75
02-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Even though I disagree with you, I can completely see your point. When I'm at a set, I don't mind being tossled a bit. In fact, I expect it. At the rage set, I know I'm going to get bounced, and if I start getting uncomfortable, I'll certainly move back.

I think my point is that when people start pushing ahead of you and not get very far, it's silly that I may have stood in that spot for 2 hours, while someone who "doesn't mind pissing people off" has no problem pushing you aside.

Exactly

motopat651
02-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Exactly

thats like saying I should stop driving because cars kill people.Once again if you don't want to deal with crowds DON'T GO UP FRONT!

faxman75
02-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Yes, having respect for those around you is exactly like saying you shouldn't drive cars because cars kill people.

motopat651
02-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Yes, having respect for those around you is exactly like saying you shouldn't drive cars because cars kill people.

I never said I don't have respect for those around me.those are your words my friend not mine.All I'm saying is that if you go up front you will have to deal with people pushing you back and forth.Its a simple fact of going to a GA show.When Rage comes out people will lose it!Like it or not thats the way it is.If you want to see good behavior it wont be there.When you mix 60,000 people with aggressive music,drink,and whatever else,you get mob rules.At that point it is either sink or swim.Which will you be doing?Also if somebody falls in front of me in the pit, I do stop to pick them up!I'll bet your one of those guys that likes to take cheap shots at peolpe as they pass by in the pit.Hope to see you there!:2c

C DUB YA
02-20-2007, 12:59 PM
I'll smile as I slip on past you and we can laugh about it once we get out of the pit. I'm not trying to cause trouble here but how many pits have you been in? I've been in well over a hundred and summarizing any unspoken of rules or an unspoken code of conduct in there, the only thing that can be agreed upon really is not to intentionally hurt somebody and not to steal anything. If you think a person is rude for moving in front of you then you're going to meet 60,000 rude people every day at coachella.

Coachella is not known for it's pits you dumbass. And no not everyone at Coachella is rude, you are in the minority

C DUB YA
02-20-2007, 01:02 PM
I never said I don't have respect for those around me.those are your words my friend not mine.All I'm saying is that if you go up front you will have to deal with people pushing you back and forth.Its a simple fact of going to a GA show.When Rage comes out people will lose it!Like it or not thats the way it is.If you want to see good behavior it wont be there.When you mix 60,000 people with aggressive music,drink,and whatever else,you get mob rules.At that point it is either sink or swim.Which will you be doing?Also if somebody falls in front of me in the pit, I do stop to pick them up!I'll bet your one of those guys that likes to take cheap shots at peolpe as they pass by in the pit.Hope to see you there!:2c

obviously a RAGE fan.

"If you don't wanna deal - don't go up front" (so it doesn' t matter what time a person gets there, you'll just push them out of the way - how very dick of you) The only fight I've ever witnessed at Coachella (out of all the years) was due to someone shoving people out of the way to get up front. PLAIN AND SIMPLE - Its an ugly, slippery slope you are on, because one day, some guy bigger than you (there will always be some guy bigger) really won't like what your doing, and you'll learn a hard lesson for no reason at all.

Just don't be a dick - spouting off with this tude like: "If you can't take the heat...", or, "sink or swim", that won't do anything for ya. Go join the Marines maybe?

I hate macho shit like this. This is a very alpha-male, get out of my way, small brain, kind of mentality going on in this thread.

Out dated thinking mate - go rape a mule.

faxman75
02-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Also if somebody falls in front of me in the pit, I do stop to pick them up!I'll bet your one of those guys that likes to take cheap shots at peolpe as they pass by in the pit.Hope to see you there!:2c

I'm nowhere near the pit. I've spoke nothing but respect for fellow concert goers and now you make ridiculous accusations of me taking cheap shots?

Classic! Believe me, you won't see me. I'll be near the back where it's nice and loose in the crowd. When Rage is playing i'll even take another 25 pace step back, or way off to the side. I will be nowhere near a violent mosh pit.

faxman75
02-20-2007, 01:06 PM
I can hold my own, don't get me wrong, i'm 270 lbs. So it's kinda hard for me to hide behind a computer screen as i've been accused of. I don't need to slam my body into the 50 closest people in a giant circle rage stomp fest to feel the music.

C DUB YA
02-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Well said faxman - the "boys" here apparently need to prove something, and they wait till they hear a aggrssive guitar to express it.

I might be VERY far away from the main stage Sunday night. If this board is any indication of the frat-boy macho idiots - hopped up on Red Bull and sexual tension, I'll pass for another act just to avoid the stuPITity.

and the shame of it is I like Rage quite a bit - but pushy asshole fans, are pushy asshole fans, whether its Rage or Morrissey or Neko Case.

faxman75
02-20-2007, 01:13 PM
However in the case of Neko when she has an off night you are in for a rough ride. I saw her argue with the sound man in beteen ever single song straight to the encore. I'll listen to her CD's all day.

I also like Rage and have seen them twice but they have tons of the frat boy cave man type fans.

summerkid
02-20-2007, 03:12 PM

we aren't talking about being in the front for Rage. I think if anyone goes to the front of Rage they know what they are getting into. Nobody is going to be moshing during Bjork. What we are saying is don't push the crowd forward people will get hurt slipping in an open spot is fine, but when people start pushing up that's when people can get seriously injured. All I'm trying to say is have respect for your fellow concert goers.

ch33tah
02-20-2007, 04:02 PM
im so glad im claustrophobic. avoid the front of stage areas like the plague. that and i'm only a mere 5'4" and cant see much of anything either.

motopat651
02-20-2007, 05:24 PM
I love to smile as people push by me and then trip them on their asses! hahahahaha

This is the kind of chicken shit behavior that started this nonsense.If I want up front,and I see open space I will go forward.If there is enough room for me and my party,I'm going for it.I don't push people out of the way,or TRIP people.There are always pockets of space in the crowd(maybe not once the set has started).Its GENERAL ADMISSION after all,if you don't want someone to get in your way,do not leave them any space.I will respect that.What I won't respect is you taking a sucker punch at me as I walk by.Thats the kind of shit that gets people hurt,and starts fights.

motopat651
02-20-2007, 05:45 PM
obviously a RAGE fan.

"If you don't wanna deal - don't go up front" (so it doesn' t matter what time a person gets there, you'll just push them out of the way - how very dick of you) The only fight I've ever witnessed at Coachella (out of all the years) was due to someone shoving people out of the way to get up front. PLAIN AND SIMPLE - Its an ugly, slippery slope you are on, because one day, some guy bigger than you (there will always be some guy bigger) really won't like what your doing, and you'll learn a hard lesson for no reason at all.

Just don't be a dick - spouting off with this tude like: "If you can't take the heat...", or, "sink or swim", that won't do anything for ya. Go join the Marines maybe?

I hate macho shit like this. This is a very alpha-male, get out of my way, small brain, kind of mentality going on in this thread.

Out dated thinking mate - go rape a mule.

Hey thanks for judging me asshole!What makes you think you know me enough to make that call?Old faxman was talking about taking sucker punches and triping people as they walk through.How do you know that I'm might be meeting friends that have a spot waiting for me?Or I might be trying to get to the front.If someone takes a swing or tries to push me down or trip me,then we have a problem!Alpha male,yes.Small brained,how dare you,you closed minded FUCK!You have no idea who I am,But I'm not a sheep.In all of of my threads I never said anything about getting violent.That was you and FAXMAN. "GO RAPE A MULE"?Hey if thats what you like,not for me though.Oh yeah,I'm not really a Rage fan,But thanks for judging me.WHY DON'T YOU GO SMOKE A CLOVE YOU FUCKING HIPPY!

KiwiCoachella
02-20-2007, 05:56 PM
I can hold my own, don't get me wrong, i'm 270 lbs. So it's kinda hard for me to hide behind a computer screen as i've been accused of. I don't need to slam my body into the 50 closest people in a giant circle rage stomp fest to feel the music.

Finally something we agree on old Faxy. You should show this much intelligence in all your posts.

C DUB YA
02-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Hey thanks for judging me asshole!What makes you think you know me enough to make that call?Old faxman was talking about taking sucker punches and triping people as they walk through.How do you know that I'm might be meeting friends that have a spot waiting for me?Or I might be trying to get to the front.If someone takes a swing or tries to push me down or trip me,then we have a problem!Alpha male,yes.Small brained,how dare you,you closed minded FUCK!You have no idea who I am,But I'm not a sheep.In all of of my threads I never said anything about getting violent.That was you and FAXMAN. "GO RAPE A MULE"?Hey if thats what you like,not for me though.Oh yeah,I'm not really a Rage fan,But thanks for judging me.WHY DON'T YOU GO SMOKE A CLOVE YOU FUCKING HIPPY!

Ok maybe I jumped the gun a little - you obviously respect people enough, I guess?

I was making that call based on your agressive tone. You sound like one of those internet bullies (or RATM fans) I hear about on Dateline or 20/20. You never said anything about meeting friends, that really doesn't even figure into it, its how you do it anyways, no one is swinging on you, so calm down Balboa.

I don't care to know people who don't give a shit about others at concerts, you. If you like to pretend to be all tough, you'll get this stuff on here. If you wanna be up front then get up there and wait for who you wanna see, the pushing won't be ness., you dig? No, I do not know you, so I could be wrong.

BUT.
Calling me a hippy is the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

crazzz2007
02-20-2007, 06:20 PM
The hostility occurs when people are ignorant. Like the idiot in this thread who doesn't understand why this would piss anyone off. If you are pushing through me, you are going to get knocked on your ass. It's fucking rude. Plain and simple. If you wanted to be up front, you would have got there early. If you didn't you arent' going to push by me so you can stand in front of me. It's fucking rude. I can't believe someone would be justifying this behavior by saying "it's a concert just deal".

Ahh so there you have it. The only way to protect is to block out then right? Elbows? Right? If an area is already tight as the FRONT will be all day, and you are trying to move in an already tight area, get ready to be met with AIDZ needles. Don't be rude and try to push or squeeze past me or I may be forced to PROTECT my area.

It isn't safe to continue to squish and push forward. There is no point in trying to squeeze through areas that are already tight. It's fucking rude to squeeze past people who have been standing in the same spot for a long period of time so you can stand in front of them. It's fucking rude. How do you not understand that? Yes it's always packed up front at a concert which is the EXACT reason you shouldn't try to get up there once it's already squished. Get a brain and get there early otherwise you will be met with the same rudeness you bring with you.

This is completly ignorant and rude behavior. You are such a brain stem that you are oblivious to the fact that you are pushing people out of the way who have been there for hours and then you call it technique. One day you will get knocked on your ass for being so fucking rude.

Your fucking science and logic is RETARDED you really need MENTAL help. You can justify your rude, violent behavior however you see fit but the fact of the matter is you are pushing your way all the way to front not giving a good god damn who stand in front of or how you get there. You are obnoxious and a worthless waste of space at concerts.

Word Count for "rude": 9

This post now holds the Official World Record for highest number of times the word "rude" has been used in a single post.

Mctommy
02-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Fuck going up to the main stage for Bjork.

Where are the killers? At least, the ratio of girls to guys there is 10:1. :P

ratmfan105
02-20-2007, 06:42 PM
if you think bjork is gonna be hard to be up front row compared to rage, you are a 3rd and 4th lip

Mctommy
02-20-2007, 06:43 PM
It's all about being smooth about it and slips through the holes without pushing and shoving other people.

and C DUB is right... one day the bigger guy is gonna say "Somebody gonna get a hurt" and karma will flash right in front of you!

boarderwoozel3
02-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Whatever. I'll be right in the thick of things when Rage comes on, I always find a way. The people who are whining about the pushing & shoving right now will be the ones standing in the back, just like at every other GA show thats ever been put on. In the end Rage will rock and the world will be balanced, wonderful place once again. Can't wit unitl April 27th!

:emo <---- very important

C DUB YA
02-20-2007, 07:31 PM
another rage fan proves my point.

mountmccabe
02-20-2007, 08:06 PM
York, the answer is that being up close can be worth missing out on other sets. Looking back on the sets I've seen the most memorable are the ones where I was there for the whole set and in a good position.

I saw maybe half of Bjork's set in 2002 but I was way far out, slowly moving forward when I saw room. I can neither tell you what she played nor bring up much of an emotional attachment to the show. I can say that I saw Bjork but that's not worth much. I can tell you how cool it was seeing the Chemical Brothers right afterwards, though as the Bjork crowd cleared out real nice like.

And yeah, my general rule is always to move if there's nothing going on at a stage but it's an easy rule to break if you're already up close and really wanna see the next band.

That ties into my other general rule which is that you gotta make a commitment. If I'm worrying about where I'm going next I'm not going to enjoy a set. It doesn't make sense to focus on positioning to run to the next stage when there's something going on right now that I wanna see.

MarkO
02-20-2007, 08:09 PM

B-E-A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E !!

Oh what would I give for a FNM reunited ....

mountmccabe
02-20-2007, 08:14 PM
But what I'm not going to do in the future is sit through a set to stay at a stage... because that's really sitting through a set-break, a set and another set-break.

I missed Primal Scream in 2003 to stay at the Coachella Stage between Sonic Youth and the White Stripes... only to be near crushed during the latter set. And I had to bolt right afterwards anyway to see Underworld in the Sahara.

So yeah, my third general rule is no more sitting through sets I don't wanna see to stay in position if there's something better going on. Which, given recent line-ups, is always. Though I guess I did sit through half a set by Audio Bullys to be in a good place for the Daft Punk. I'd do that again.

Being closer is good. You can see faces and stuff. Being in the middle is best for sound, usually. Being in the back is only good for having a lot of room.

mountmccabe
02-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Also seats are terrible unless it's like a symphony or something.