PDA

View Full Version : Stages?

Stefachink
01-27-2008, 02:04 AM
This will be my first year at Coachella and i was hoping that maybe someone could post the list of stages there are and what types of music they play at each one. Thanks :)

UK_Tom
01-27-2008, 02:35 AM
Well....

First theres the main "Coachella" Stage, which plays all the headliners/ main bands, with some not-quite-as-big bands in the afternoon, then theres the secondary stage, the "Outdoor Theatre" which plays all the slighty more alternative stuff, but with some still quite big names.

Then theres the 3 tents, Gobi & Mojave normally play mostly indie stuff, with and this is where you'll find people like hot chip / css / klaxons etc.....
The Sahara tent is pretty much a dance tent, and it has some crackin lighting!!

Theres also a little dome in the middle of the site which has DJ's on at night, and is worth checking out if you dont fancy anything else thats on!

Hope this helps!

g0k1ngsg0
01-27-2008, 10:48 AM
http://www.coachella.com/06map.jpg

This was teh map in 06, but the largest tent (the sahara) was facing a slightly different direction in 07.

philly
01-27-2008, 10:51 AM
what does the smoking lounge mean? are you not supposed to smoke in the tents?

psychic friend
01-27-2008, 10:53 AM
no thats some lame tent where they give out smokes, i forget the name brand but the one that has all different color boxes.

g0k1ngsg0
01-27-2008, 10:57 AM
american spirit, they give you smokes there :)

Stefachink
01-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Well....

First theres the main "Coachella" Stage, which plays all the headliners/ main bands, with some not-quite-as-big bands in the afternoon, then theres the secondary stage, the "Outdoor Theatre" which plays all the slighty more alternative stuff, but with some still quite big names.

Then theres the 3 tents, Gobi & Mojave normally play mostly indie stuff, with and this is where you'll find people like hot chip / css / klaxons etc.....
The Sahara tent is pretty much a dance tent, and it has some crackin lighting!!

Theres also a little dome in the middle of the site which has DJ's on at night, and is worth checking out if you dont fancy anything else thats on!

Hope this helps!

Thanks a bunch UK Tom, this really helped a lot. Looks like i'll be on a mission trying to get to every single stage by the end of the day.