PDA

View Full Version : Single day tickets for Coachella? The Desert Sun reports...

gaypalmsprings
01-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Single day tickets for Coachella? Cross your fingers

Stefanie Frith • January 26, 2008

Ticketmaster reports today they are not selling any more single day tickets to Coachella... at least for now.

The promoters are currently counting how many tickets have sold to see if they can release any more single day tickets, said Vidal, a sales supervisor for Ticketmaster in Los Angeles. For security reasons, he said he cannot provide his last name.

Vidal said that once promoters have counted the tickets, they could release the single day tickets as soon as tomorrow.

There are still quite a few tickets available for the event so chances are good the single day tickets will be available again, he said.

He said with large events such as Coachella or Hannah Montana, promoters often scale back on the number of tickets sold, or hold off on tickets sold, until they know how many are left.

It'sTheWhiskeyTalking
01-26-2008, 06:29 PM

Stefanie Frith January 26, 2008

Ticketmaster reports today they are not selling any more single day tickets to Coachella... at least for now.

The promoters are currently counting how many tickets have sold to see if they can release any more single day tickets, said Vidal, a sales supervisor for Ticketmaster in Los Angeles. For security reasons, he said he cannot provide his last name.

Vidal said that once promoters have counted the tickets, they could release the single day tickets as soon as tomorrow.

There are still quite a few tickets available for the event so chances are good the single day tickets will be available again, he said.

He said with large events such as Coachella or Hannah Montana, promoters often scale back on the number of tickets sold, or hold off on tickets sold, until they know how many are left.

Seeing Hannah Montana next to Coachella seems funny to me.

And Vidal is his first name? Like the shampoo?

OK sorry -- I am done thinking out loud, for now.

lunajd
01-26-2008, 06:32 PM
OMG! I still might have a chance to go see portishead!

faxman75
01-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Weird. I don't quite understand why they would have to count this early in the game. They didn't have to last year and i'm certain they sold much quicker.

coldstart
01-26-2008, 08:25 PM
It sounds like they are trying to make everyone think it's selling out.

MarkO
01-26-2008, 09:00 PM
More TM bollocks. They know exactly how many tix they've sold.

PierogiHead
01-26-2008, 09:04 PM
I just posted this in another thread about Madness supposedly dropping out but here is my theory:

Single day passes are no longer available + Poster being shown as one giant line-up with no separate days = They are reorganizing the line-up (again) and they don't want people to become irate after buying single day tickets when they find out the bands they expected to see are no longer playing on the days they bought tickets for.

pandaroo
01-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Seeing Hannah Montana next to Coachella seems funny to me.

And Vidal is his first name? Like the shampoo?

OK sorry -- I am done thinking out loud, for now.

no like the hairdresser. :)

sin213
01-26-2008, 10:27 PM
More TM bollocks. They know exactly how many tix they've sold.

Word. They're bullshitin'. They have an accurate count with each ticket sold cause everything is tracked by a database. They make it sound like they have to send people in there to physically count the tickets or something...

They're bullshitin and trying to make people think tickets might be running out, so that when they put them back up people will go crazy and snatch them up.

Or as someone else stated...with the poster being all put together as one, they might be reorganizing (maybe adding some new ones?!?) and don't want people buying single day tix expecting to see someone and then have them get bumped to another day.

psychic friend
01-26-2008, 10:35 PM
ya we try to make people are thinking tix are selling out every year.. yup. you called it. thats how we roll.

lol

microcuts
01-26-2008, 10:37 PM
I don't think single day tickets should be for sale at all, anyway. And it's an honor that they are, people should be grateful. Most major festivals in North America and Europe don't sell single day tickets at all. And Coachella.com clearly states that they are limited quantity and will "sell out" first.

It'sTheWhiskeyTalking
01-27-2008, 12:23 AM
no like the hairdresser. :)

Hah....oops. I knew it was hair-related. I was close.

BROKENDOLL
01-27-2008, 12:56 AM
I just posted this in another thread about Madness supposedly dropping out but here is my theory:

Single day passes are no longer available + Poster being shown as one giant line-up with no separate days = They are reorganizing the line-up (again) and they don't want people to become irate after buying single day tickets when they find out the bands they expected to see are no longer playing on the days they bought tickets for.
Oh my God! Someone new with brains!
[/URL]

[URL="http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZKxdm011YYUS&utm_id=7925"]http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZKxdm011YYUS (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZKxdm011YYUS)

TheWatcher
01-27-2008, 01:28 AM

Stefanie Frith January 26, 2008

Umm... Why do they have to "count" the tickets? Don't they use computers? Shouldn't they be able to find out immediately how many tickets are sold? Is there something complicated here I don't understand?

coldstart
01-27-2008, 01:34 AM
I know Ticketbastard's sales are recorded in a MySQL/MSSQL database somewhere and can be tallied with a simple query. I work at an ISP where we run many such database/web servers for customers. Something is fishy.

flowbee
01-27-2008, 01:34 AM
I dont know what's going on but I'm not gonna be rushing to buy the 3-day pass just because they're not selling single day tickets at the moment...

Yookeroo
01-27-2008, 08:24 AM
I don't think single day tickets should be for sale at all, anyway. And it's an honor that they are, people should be grateful.

But all that will do is create a scalper market for those who want to buy/sell single day tickets. You better serve your customers by selling the single day tickets.

microlovebeat
01-27-2008, 08:37 AM
this is also so disappointing to me.........

if they wouldn't have settled for a mediocre lineup, they wouldn't be doing all this weird shit i.e.-changing lineup poster formats, and fucking with single day tickets. they're coming off as being ill-prepared this year.

Yookeroo
01-27-2008, 08:43 AM
-changing lineup poster formats,

My guess on this is that Roger Waters (or his people) demanded solo top billing and the only way to do that was to list everyone together.

rage patton
01-27-2008, 09:23 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. I just hope Madness and GV are able to rework a deal...

mandelbaum
01-27-2008, 09:28 AM
My guess on this is that Roger Waters (or his people) demanded solo top billing and the only way to do that was to list everyone together.

I really doubt that is the case. Just read between the lines here. Tickets go on sale on Friday and, as expected, sales are significantly below expectations. So they pull the single day tickets momentarily and re-evaluate the marketing strategy. Most likely Sunday tickets are selling the fastest since it's the only real headliner act on the bill. They don't want single day tickets to limit the number of 3 day passes they can sell though (see the Rage example from last year...if they had only done 3 day passes, the festival would have been sold out all three days on a sales basis). So they change the poster format to get people focused on the fact that it is a 3 day show instead of 3 single day shows. This also allows them to remove Jack Johnson's name from the very top of the poster. They don't want to permanently remove single day tickets because that would be pretty disingenuous at this point. But I bet they reduced the number of single day tickets in hopes that Roger Waters fans will gobble up a three day pass once Sunday single day tix are sold out.

Bottom line is that tickets are not selling well and a new strategy is being employed. Granted, this is just my own speculation, but it sure as hell makes sense to me.

With that being said, I'd love to have a smaller crowd this year.

Boourns
01-27-2008, 09:45 AM
smaller crowd would be more comfortable but could hurt next years lineup.

mandelbaum
01-27-2008, 09:56 AM

I disagree. Coachella is Coachella. The lineup is going to be as strong as the band availability will allow it to be. I mean, last year was a huge success. Does that mean that this year's lineup should be better? Obviously not. It's not like they take the profits from the year prior and come out with a better lineup the following year as a result. Each year is its own gig with its own budget. Now, you might be able to take some more risks if you made a bunch of money in the past and had an equity cushion under you, but it's not like Coachella is a start-up fest anymore. If they lose some money this year, that's okay since the previous years have been so successful. And hopefully next year, the availability of bands will be better so we don't end up with Jack Johnson headlining again.

Boourns
01-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Hmm, yeah, good point.

But I don't think the problem is availability, for the most part. There are so many bands that are supposed to be touring this spring and none of them are hitting Coachella: R.E.M., Mogwai, Feist, A Tribe Called Quest, Broken Social Scene, etc. But that's another topic. Or two. Or hundred.

Carry on.

ghettojournalist
01-27-2008, 11:07 AM
I really doubt that is the case. Just read between the lines here. Tickets go on sale on Friday and, as expected, sales are significantly below expectations. So they pull the single day tickets momentarily and re-evaluate the marketing strategy. Most likely Sunday tickets are selling the fastest since it's the only real headliner act on the bill. They don't want single day tickets to limit the number of 3 day passes they can sell though (see the Rage example from last year...if they had only done 3 day passes, the festival would have been sold out all three days on a sales basis). So they change the poster format to get people focused on the fact that it is a 3 day show instead of 3 single day shows. This also allows them to remove Jack Johnson's name from the very top of the poster. They don't want to permanently remove single day tickets because that would be pretty disingenuous at this point. But I bet they reduced the number of single day tickets in hopes that Roger Waters fans will gobble up a three day pass once Sunday single day tix are sold out.

Bottom line is that tickets are not selling well and a new strategy is being employed. Granted, this is just my own speculation, but it sure as hell makes sense to me.

With that being said, I'd love to have a smaller crowd this year.

going by the GA numbers which is all we really can do from the outside, all signs point to Saturday selling the best with Sunday slightly outselling Friday. this leads to the reasoning behind putting Roger Waters up at the top, to bolster support for that day.

either way, it will be less crowded this year and that will be great.

Harrisment
01-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Ok, for all of you people that keep saying they got rid of the artists by day poster because of some conspiracy, the artist by day poster still exists and is being updated. They just moved it for some reason. From coachella.com click on Event Info-->Lineup by day and there it is.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-27-2008, 01:13 PM

A smaller crowd could hurt the festival period...especially since the economy is not doing so well....the backers might take it as a sign that festivals are done..and cut next years budget...so smaller crowds are never good...especially with all the money going into productions and what not...

psychic friend
01-27-2008, 01:13 PM
yes that is the updated version.

no conspiracy, sorry.

mandelbaum
01-27-2008, 01:23 PM

no conspiracy, sorry.

PF: Why is the by day calendar buried within the website instead of on the front page?

fallenxoxangl
01-27-2008, 01:24 PM
I am just bothered by the fact that I could have bought the tickets on thursday with presale and didnt, because I couldnt figure out how I would pay for it. Now that I have that sorted out the fricking single day tickets are gone. Those biatches! I mean did anyone actually even see the single tickets go on sale on friday, bc I didnt. I logged onto ticketmaster and got the the tickets are not available. I even called ticketmaster today and the lady said she has no idea why, it just says the same message to the ticketmaster representatives as it does to us.
How rediculous!

Just let us buy the tickets!!!

lunajd
01-27-2008, 01:29 PM
I was on ticketmaster at 1am on sat and the tixs were available. i was checking out and my computer shut off. i tried to get back on and they were no longer selling them. i was pissed! now i have been depressed cuz it seems like i wont be able to get a single day tix for sat. all i want to do is see portishead!

Purplegator
01-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Still waiting to buy tickets! are they going to release any singles soon??

Any info Psychic Friend?

C'mon, my friend and I have $400 we wanna spend! LOL

PierogiHead
01-27-2008, 03:36 PM
A day has passed since single day tickets have been taken down, and I am just wondering how many other people out there are as frustrated as I am with the unnecessary debacle-like conditions this year is turning into. I am trying to come up with reasons as to why this is happening (Whether the poster changes are related to single day passes being taken down, or perhaps they have just totally cut off the sale of single day passes, etc.) but I think its about time someone gives us some concrete answers here.

Personally, I have no idea what to do right now. If single day tickets become available, do I take advantage of the opportunity in case they are taken down again and buy only the days I want to go to? Then that beckons the question, "Sunday's lineup is pretty empty, so what if they add something huge that I want to see -- but then Sunday's single day passes either sell out or have been cut off by that time?" Likewise, what if I get a 3-day pass and nothing happens to the Sunday line-up, in which case I have to 1) attend a day I am half-hearted in going to or 2) go through the trouble of re-selling that day's ticket (Most likely for less, albeit, considering Sunday's current stage.) On top of this, I find it very hard to believe that, despite single day passes being the rarer option, they would be pulled only one day after going on sale.

Many are saying this is just a marketing plan on the part of Goldenvoice, but everything is so sketch right now that I am losing faith that even they know what they are doing. If the line-up is going to undergo some major changes, then they should have held off announcing it. Right now, the day-by-day line-up is not even showing up for me, and the main page's line-up has reverted back to the very after Animal Collective was switched to Saturday, but sans the Kate Nash addition and Madness still is on Friday. Honestly -- What are we supposed to believe anymore.

Goldenvoice said they had some tricks up their sleeves, but taking into consideration that many people have booked/have to book flights, time off from work and other accomodations for this festival, I do not think toying around with our non-Coachella lives should be one of them. I find this all to be very inconvenient and confusing. I am in no position to expect the promoters to cater to our individual needs, and if they want to only sell 3-day passes, that is cool with me. I just really dislike not even knowing what the line-up is anymore and contemplating the various ticket scenarious I mentioned above.

So really, when are we going to get some real answers here.

kpcamps
01-27-2008, 04:03 PM
well what you could do, is just buy the 3 day tickets right now, and sell sunday and make profit. I am not saying I support this, I would never do it, but i am not in your situation. Tickets on ebay are going for bank right now, and stub hub is selling Sunday for about 140.

beltanegoddess
01-27-2008, 04:06 PM
On Friday morning I purchased four single day tickets (two for Friday's show and two for Saturday's show). So, yes, they were selling single tickets at that point in time.

lunajd
01-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Makes sense! I would like to book my hotel, since there are none available in indio or near it. the closest is 45min away, but i dont want to book it and even be able to get my sat tixs

microlovebeat
01-27-2008, 06:42 PM
A day has passed since single day tickets have been taken down, and I am just wondering how many other people out there are as frustrated as I am with the unnecessary debacle-like conditions this year is turning into. I am trying to come up with reasons as to why this is happening (Whether the poster changes are related to single day passes being taken down, or perhaps they have just totally cut off the sale of single day passes, etc.) but I think its about time someone gives us some concrete answers here.

Personally, I have no idea what to do right now. If single day tickets become available, do I take advantage of the opportunity in case they are taken down again and buy only the days I want to go to? Then that beckons the question, "Sunday's lineup is pretty empty, so what if they add something huge that I want to see -- but then Sunday's single day passes either sell out or have been cut off by that time?" Likewise, what if I get a 3-day pass and nothing happens to the Sunday line-up, in which case I have to 1) attend a day I am half-hearted in going to or 2) go through the trouble of re-selling that day's ticket (Most likely for less, albeit, considering Sunday's current stage.) On top of this, I find it very hard to believe that, despite single day passes being the rarer option, they would be pulled only one day after going on sale.

Many are saying this is just a marketing plan on the part of Goldenvoice, but everything is so sketch right now that I am losing faith that even they know what they are doing. If the line-up is going to undergo some major changes, then they should have held off announcing it. Right now, the day-by-day line-up is not even showing up for me, and the main page's line-up has reverted back to the very after Animal Collective was switched to Saturday, but sans the Kate Nash addition and Madness still is on Friday. Honestly -- What are we supposed to believe anymore.

Goldenvoice said they had some tricks up their sleeves, but taking into consideration that many people have booked/have to book flights, time off from work and other accomodations for this festival, I do not think toying around with our non-Coachella lives should be one of them. I find this all to be very inconvenient and confusing. I am in no position to expect the promoters to cater to our individual needs, and if they want to only sell 3-day passes, that is cool with me. I just really dislike not even knowing what the line-up is anymore and contemplating the various ticket scenarious I mentioned above.

So really, when are we going to get some real answers here.

sadly, you probably aren't going to get any answers to these questions here. especially not by a mod. goldenvoice has officially been knocked down a couple notches for me....

you know what i bet they're gonna do that'll piss people off even more????? since a lot of people seem to be on the fence about whether or not to go to coachella or APW (my friend and i included), i say that they won't announce the APW festival lineup until like a day before coachella. that way, everyone who decides to go to the festival with the better lineup can't sell their tickets fast enough, can't get airfare, and can't get hotels, but CAN still go to coachella. if they announced the lineup, say, tomorrow, and the two didn't even compare, how many of you would sell your tickets and head to new jersey? by doing this, they're locking you in for the mediocre festival so they can have plenty of faces there.

either that or they just won't add any more "surprises" like they hinted that they would. that would be equally shitty of them.

and PF.....why can't you just answer some of these people's questions? honestly.......if you can't release any info, at least SAY that instead of leaving people hanging.

idrive1life
01-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Too lazy to check if this has been posted already...

Single-day tickets for the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival are no longer on sale -- at least for now.
Advertisement

Paul Tollett, president of Los Angeles-based Goldenvoice, told The Desert Sun on Sunday individual tickets for the three-day event -- slated for April 25-27 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio -- sales for one-day passes were cut off at 6 p.m. Saturday.

"I think it was the second-fastest selling Coachella," Tollett said.

Tollett, who founded the first Coachella in 1999, said they cut off the tickets to try to keep the crowd around the same size as last year, which was about a showing of 60,000 people a day.

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080127/LIFESTYLES01/80127003/1263/update

TheWatcher
01-27-2008, 06:50 PM
and PF.....why can't you just answer some of these people's questions? honestly.......if you can't release any info, at least SAY that instead of leaving people hanging.

Psychic Friend is being kind of quiet these days.

idrive1life
01-27-2008, 06:51 PM
http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080126/EVENTS17/801260313/1140/news01

INDIO - The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival showed no signs Friday of a quick sellout for its April 25-27 event at the Empire Polo Club in Indio.

Promoters for the Los Angeles-based Goldenvoice company didn't return messages Friday requesting the volume of tickets sold on the first day of sales through Ticketmaster outlets. But tickets remained on sale in the evening for three-day packages and all three single days.

Last year, single-day tickets for the Saturday and Sunday lineups headlined by Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rage Against the Machine were cut off after two days. A publicist said they were cut off early to ensure the availability of three-day passes.

Widespread discontent over this year's headliners has been expressed on the Coachella Web site, and some have suggested that will impact ticket sales. Others on the site have praised this year's lineup.

"Got to admit I am not too crazy about the line-up, but every year there are bands that I am not familiar with before the show that blow me away," wrote BretCohn, a mydesert.com reader.

microlovebeat
01-27-2008, 06:53 PM

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080127/LIFESTYLES01/80127003/1263/update

that's such a crock of SHIT. there's no way in hell he can expect us to believe that the single days sold out, and that that's why they aren't on there anymore. give me a fucking break. i swear to god goldenvoice is becoming a bigger scam by the day.

that just pisses me off completely. to lie like that....

sbessiso
01-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Psychic Friend is being kind of quiet these days.

i dont think its her position to say anything

microlovebeat
01-27-2008, 06:55 PM
i dont think its her position to say anything

yeah but who else are we supposed to ask?

orbit
01-27-2008, 07:01 PM
that's such a crock of SHIT. there's no way in hell he can expect us to believe that the single days sold out, and that that's why they aren't on there anymore. give me a fucking break. i swear to god goldenvoice is becoming a bigger scam by the day.

that just pisses me off completely. to lie like that....

Maybe they released less single tickets than last years?

faxman75
01-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Well, that's exactly what they did and the poster that was up missing the each day breakdown I believe is to also encourage the festival as a whole, not single days. Therefor they are trying to promote 3 day tickets for a bit. See the lineup, look at every band and play the $300 for it all collectively. They know that Friday won't sell very will without the strength of Saturday and Sunday.

Just my asinine opinion.

sbessiso
01-27-2008, 07:07 PM
i think its pretty obvious that GV is not giving a shit about us this year, they would have answers for us wouldn they?

microlovebeat
01-27-2008, 07:09 PM
if they add any of the following, all will be forgiven:

Pulp
Talking Heads
The Smiths
My Bloody Valentine
Boards of Canada

faxman75
01-27-2008, 07:14 PM

Pulp
Talking Heads
The Smiths
My Bloody Valentine
Boards of Canada

Heh, I don't really care for any of them.

jtovar21
01-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Remember, GV is good enough to already sell single day tickets in the first place. Most seminal festivals around the world do not offer you an option to buy just single day ( Glasto and Bonnaroo for ex.) Maybe they did sell out on name only, Coachella, with the limited amount of single day tickets they had in the first batch.

Remember last year, they kept releasing batches of single day tickets as the festival came closer. So I wouldn't see why they would not do the same thing again. Patience...if you don't have it, then just reserve your accommodation for APW Fest, and bank on the lineup being better.

microlovebeat
01-27-2008, 07:18 PM

really???

i have a feeling it would help sweep away some of the negativity for people.

jtovar21
01-27-2008, 07:19 PM
i think its pretty obvious that GV is not giving a shit about us this year, they would have answers for us wouldn they?

The only thing GV has to do is provide you with a music and arts festival. They are, and if you don't care for the lineup then don't go. There's plenty of other festivals now around the US. Try Sasquatch or Bonnaroo, or wait for APW.

faxman75
01-27-2008, 07:25 PM
really???

i have a feeling it would help sweep away some of the negativity for people.

Oh I don't disagree at all. There are tons of bands I don't like that the hipsters on this board dig. It's just subjective. I'm sure people think i'm nuts for not digging them but really, I can do with out those bands, I don't like any of them.

I'm looking forward to many many bands. Raconteurs, Metric, MGMT, Portishead, Love and Rockets, the breeders, my morning jacket, Rilo Kiley, Tegan and Sara, Simian Mobile Disco, chromeo, the national and on and on. This likneup is plenty great to me. Oh and Roger Waters of course.

microlovebeat
01-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh I don't disagree at all. There are tons of bands I don't like that the hipsters on this board dig. It's just subjective. I'm sure people think i'm nuts for not digging them but really, I can do with out those bands, I don't like any of them.

I'm looking forward to many many bands. Raconteurs, Metric, MGMT, Portishead, Love and Rockets, the breeders, my morning jacket, Rilo Kiley, Tegan and Sara, Simian Mobile Disco, chromeo, the national and on and on. This likneup is plenty great to me. Oh and Roger Waters of course.

for me.

sbessiso
01-27-2008, 07:53 PM
tegan and sara?

microlovebeat
01-27-2008, 08:27 PM
guilty pleasures......

sbessiso
01-27-2008, 08:31 PM
ah, yes

vogina
01-27-2008, 11:09 PM

Stefanie Frith • January 26, 2008

if the narrator of those wwII video logs that use to play in movie theaters were to read this out loud, it would sound like hype to me...

anyone else agree?

psychic friend
01-27-2008, 11:26 PM
i would have commented earlier but according to that report, i must have been busy all weekend counting tickets im so tired, my fingers hurt.

(im ok )

ThomThom
01-28-2008, 12:00 AM

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080126/EVENTS17/801260313/1140/news01

Is this a form of..."pwned"?

Boourns
01-28-2008, 08:22 AM

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/lockefailoi5.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/fail1.jpg

microlovebeat
01-28-2008, 04:48 PM
haha

marooko
01-28-2008, 05:13 PM
For security reasons, he said he cannot provide his last name.

Yeah, cause Vidal is so common, they'll never figure it out.

normalone75
01-29-2008, 01:07 PM

I agree 100 percent. WTF Coachella. Hopefully that means a couple more adds that I dont want to see......

Melanie.Dawn
01-29-2008, 02:18 PM

no conspiracy, sorry.

If you knew that why wouldn't you just say it before? It's no big secret.
I often question if you know anything besides the rules listed on the website.

psychic friend
01-29-2008, 02:23 PM
I said it multiple times. over and over.

J~$$$
01-29-2008, 02:40 PM
If you knew that why wouldn't you just say it before? It's no big secret.
I often question if you know anything besides the rules listed on the website.

oh snaps.

Didn't E. get banned for some bs like this?

Melanie.Dawn
01-29-2008, 02:50 PM
It would be crazy to be banned for that... But really, this small part of me wants to get banned, so I can cut off the horrid habit that is this message board. At the same time, I feel I would die without it.

psychic friend
01-29-2008, 02:52 PM
no not for that justin, but thanks as usual for trying to instigate trouble for no reason. and reminding yet again why I have you on ignore.

J~$$$
01-29-2008, 03:00 PM
NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!

I still <3! u PF. 4 life.

Someday I will warm over ur heart.

amyzzz
01-29-2008, 05:05 PM
holy crap. YOU ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME, J~$$$$! May as well get used to it.

J~$$$
01-29-2008, 05:13 PM
holy crap. YOU ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AS ME, J~$$$$! May as well get used to it.

meh...Its all good. I know her guilty pleasure is reading our posts.

Hogrefe
01-29-2008, 07:45 PM

Pulp
Talking Heads
The Smiths
My Bloody Valentine
Boards of Canada

That would instantly sell out all tickets

hell if they want people to buy 3 day passes, fill the days with with good bands haha what amazing logic :P

I'm thinking Sunday is the only day worth it for me since Roger Waters is probably the only guy I'd see for 90 bucks. Portishead and a few others are pretty good, but not enough to buy a whole 3 day pass for

almost want the 3 day for Madness though :D

but is RW, Madness, and Portishead/Death Cab really worth 270?

not at all

definitely not going for 3 day unless they bring Jerry Garcia back from the grave and have the Grateful Dead play Friday and have the Talking Heads and the Smiths play on Saturday

oh and if RW plays a duet

with Syd Barrett

ya not amazed by the 3 day so far

psychic friend
01-29-2008, 07:48 PM
bummer, my day 3 wish to see (thus far) list includes:

Roger Waters, Love and ROckets, Spiritualized, Metric, Simian Mobile Disco, The Horrors and Justice. maybe holy fuck...

JustSteve
01-29-2008, 07:53 PM

Roger Waters, Love and ROckets, Spiritualized, Metric, Simian Mobile Disco, The Horrors and Justice. maybe holy fuck...

haha, we went on a golf cart ride with one of the guys from metric last time they played...he was way late getting over to the tent, got stuck doing interviews or something. he was really nice, though, we had no idea who he was until we got there and saw him go right up on stage. def. wanna see them again!

Cloud_rider26
02-02-2008, 08:28 PM
I could really used a Sat ticket...anyone please let me know if you can sell me one!

Thanks.

Somewhat Damaged
02-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Rodrigo y Gabriela are playing in Tucson in a couple weeks and the ticket cost is $25. I didn't think they were big enough to warrant having tickets cost $25 but I've heard good things about their live shows so I'm still planning on going. So if RyG costs $25, and I were to see 3 other bands who were as big or bigger and whose shows also cost $25, I would be seeing 4 bands for $100.
On Saturday of last year, the day that I saw the least number of bands, I caught 4 complete sets (Hot Chip, The Decemberists, Arcade Fire, & LCD Soundsystem) and about an hour of MSTRKRFT. For people who say that the show isn't worth $270 for a three-day pass, they simply have been too lazy and ignorant to bother checking out some of the bands on the line-up they hadn't heard about. Sure, the cost of Coachella is more than just the tickets, but still, you're getting to see a ton of amazing bands, some up-and-coming, others who are legends (Kraftwerk, Roger Waters), and if you play your cards right and catch essentially a band an hour, you're saving money compared to what you would pay if you saw all those bands individually. I guess it's to be expected that some morons are just going to look at the line-up, see just a few names that they recognize, and dismiss everyone else as being shit sight unseen, but I thought that anybody who had been to Coachella before and therefore would have experienced how awesome it is for discovering new artists would realize that just because you don't know who some of the bands are doesn't mean the line-up's lacking. If you're unimpressed with what Coachella has to offer this year, well, it's your loss and I almost hope they don't make any additions so that the loyal fans who appreciate the line-up don't have to contend with so many whiny bitches at the festival.

bartelby
02-03-2008, 04:05 AM

i will see you there (except for love&rockets) :)

DaFunkyPrecedent
02-06-2008, 04:56 PM
smaller crowd the better...i was at vegoose this last year and no one was there and it was so much fun being able to run up front for every show.

PS - i think they made their money last year - holy shit was that a lot of people and a lot of fun!

hypervera
02-06-2008, 05:11 PM
That would instantly sell out all tickets

hell if they want people to buy 3 day passes, fill the days with with good bands haha what amazing logic :P

I'm thinking Sunday is the only day worth it for me since Roger Waters is probably the only guy I'd see for 90 bucks. Portishead and a few others are pretty good, but not enough to buy a whole 3 day pass for

almost want the 3 day for Madness though :D

but is RW, Madness, and Portishead/Death Cab really worth 270?

not at all

definitely not going for 3 day unless they bring Jerry Garcia back from the grave and have the Grateful Dead play Friday and have the Talking Heads and the Smiths play on Saturday

oh and if RW plays a duet

with Syd Barrett

ya not amazed by the 3 day so far

yeah

Marnie
02-19-2008, 12:40 PM
That is the best news ever!I sure hope they re release them!
Thanks for the info.