PDA

View Full Version : Single Day Passes No Longer Available!?!

Harrisment
01-26-2008, 09:49 AM
I just checked ticketmaster and you are no longer able to buy single day passes for Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. They all say "Tickets may not be on sale yet blah blah blah." 3 Day Passes are still available for sale. Is this just a temporary thing or are they gone for good!?!

kiely
01-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Yeah I have a feeling this must be temporary.

sbessiso
01-26-2008, 09:52 AM
yeah, theres no way all three day single tickets are sold out....right??

marfawkah02
01-26-2008, 09:56 AM
i duno, we should hear about it from coachella, dont you think? its most likely a temporary thing . it didnt sell out that fast last year and think about who was headlining each day

Courtney
01-26-2008, 09:56 AM
You're right; it's not working for me either. Must be a glitch in their system.

Unless Goldenvoice decided to cut off single day ticket sales early again like they did last year. But that seems unlikely to me.

kiely
01-26-2008, 09:58 AM

Unless Goldenvoice decided to cut off single day ticket sales early again like they did last year. But that seems unlikely to me.

yeah but even so i don't remember it being THIS early last year.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-26-2008, 10:13 AM
WTF

orbit
01-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Blame Jack Johnson.

captncrzy
01-26-2008, 10:49 AM
If I had to guess, it's not that they're "sold out", it's that there are much less single day passes available-they'd much rather sell three day passes than single day tickets.

Harrisment
01-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Well if it stays like this those single day passes are going to become somewhat valuable for people that don't want to buy a 3 day pass.

Hawkings
01-26-2008, 11:54 AM
arg, hope this clears up, cant imagine this sold out that much faster than Cure, Radiohead/Pixies or all the other Coachellas

any news from an Official type person ? an news Psychic Friend ?

pandaroo
01-26-2008, 02:08 PM
If I had to guess, it's not that they're "sold out", it's that there are much less single day passes available-they'd much rather sell three day passes than single day tickets.

they are pulling out all the stops this year.
Shitty headliners,
more expensive tix
a whopping 20 dollar discount on presale

this wouldnt surprise me.

MARIO ZAPATA
01-26-2008, 02:21 PM
JACK JHONSON SUCK ASS

pandaroo
01-26-2008, 02:25 PM
there are already people on ebay selling 3 day passes.

microcuts
01-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Single day passes are gonna be limited quantities from here on out, if they even continue to exist at all. Seriously.

M Sparks
01-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Probably just trying to mess with the scalpers. Release 5000 for each day at a time or something. There's no way all three days sold out. Last year, Friday never sold out, and it was really great!

Anyone know how many single day tickets they had last year when Sunday "sold out"?

M Sparks
01-26-2008, 03:22 PM
OK...I have a theory.

Ticketmaster probably makes them set a specific number of tickets for each "product". Even though a three-day pass is really just three single tickets, they can't code the system that way.

GV ideally wants to sell only 3 day passes. But they have to make single passes available, or they are just going to alienate some people. This is especially true now, since some people just can't come Friday.

But they don't want to wind up lopsided, like they almost did last year. SO, they release, say 30,000 3-day passes, and 5,000 single day tickets for each day. The idea being, once ONE day sells out, they don't release anymore until all THREE days sell out. If all 30,000 3-days sell out first, they release another 5000 or 10,000 3-days. If the single days sell out first, they know the demand is there for all three days, and they can release an extra 5000 for each day. That way, no single day could be more than 5,000 apart in attendance. If a single day is lagging, then screw it...just leave 3-days available.

However, if they delay too long in releasing more, there's a danger of driving people to the scalpers, plus the scalpers can ask more. But I'd like to think it's an effort to fuck the scalpers up.

Or maybe a Ticketmaster glitch.

frozen pilgrim
01-26-2008, 03:31 PM
OK...I have a theory.

Ticketmaster probably makes them set a specific number of tickets for each "product". Even though a three-day pass is really just three single tickets, they can't code the system that way.

GV ideally wants to sell only 3 day passes. But they have to make single passes available, or they are just going to alienate some people. This is especially true now, since some people just can't come Friday.

But they don't want to wind up lopsided, like they almost did last year. SO, they release, say 30,000 3-day passes, and 5,000 single day tickets for each day. The idea being, once ONE day sells out, they don't release anymore until all THREE days sell out. If all 30,000 3-days sell out first, they release another 5000 or 10,000 3-days. If the single days sell out first, they know the demand is there for all three days, and they can release an extra 5000 for each day. That way, no single day could be more than 5,000 apart in attendance. If a single day is lagging, then screw it...just leave 3-days available.

However, if they delay too long in releasing more, there's a danger of driving people to the scalpers, plus the scalpers can ask more. But I'd like to think it's an effort to fuck the scalpers up.

Or maybe a Ticketmaster glitch.

you're probably on the money with that one. I don't know about the specifics, but there's definitely either a human or a piece of code deciding when single day tix are and aren't available based on proportional attendance and relative sales between single day tix and 3-day passes.

lunajd
01-26-2008, 03:34 PM
I was checking out ebay and other and they have the saturday tixs i want but OUTRAGEOUS prices! I dont know what to do? So do you think they will ever release saturday passes again?

frozen pilgrim
01-26-2008, 03:40 PM
you could always get the 3 day pass, and then sell the days you don't want. it's not a lanyard or anything, it's just three tickets.

orbit
01-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Don't buy them on ebay. Assuming single tickets in fact already sold out, I'm pretty sure there will be more people going only for one day -friday or sunday-, so you can always negotiate something with them (splitting a 3 day pass) at no outrageous prices. Just keep checking the forum.

Ardentbiscuit
01-26-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm sure more will become available. Ticketmaster and the promoter have the power to pull and add tickets at any time for any reason.

PierogiHead
01-26-2008, 04:04 PM
I am hoping there is just some sort of glitch or restructuring to the ticket page going on. Could it be that maybe they are just consolidating the 3 single day passes onto one page so that you don't have to make 2 separate orders for 2 separate days? I feel like they said this was going to be done on the website originally, and was surprised when I didn't see it like that.

Harrisment
01-26-2008, 04:29 PM
I am hoping there is just some sort of glitch or restructuring to the ticket page going on. Could it be that maybe they are just consolidating the 3 single day passes onto one page so that you don't have to make 2 separate orders for 2 separate days? I feel like they said this was going to be done on the website originally, and was surprised when I didn't see it like that.

Why would they do that? Then ticketmaster wouldn't get to rape you in the ass on "convenience" charges multiple times.

oicuhave12
01-26-2008, 05:40 PM
i bet 3 day passes arnt selling as well this year so theyre cutting single day tickets in an effort to scare everybody into buying 3day passes.

psychic friend
01-26-2008, 05:45 PM
When you buy tickets, when you get to the page where you select mail or print, there is option to also add on camping passes so you don't have to do 2 separate orders.

just sayin

PierogiHead
01-26-2008, 05:53 PM
When you buy tickets, when you get to the page where you select mail or print, there is option to also add on camping passes so you don't have to do 2 separate orders.

just sayin

I was referring to having to place separate orders for a Friday / Saturday combo, Saturday / Sunday combo or even a Friday / Sunday combo.

So what is the deal with the tickets no longer being available, Psychic Friend? Any idea, for those who would rather the single day passes?

fsm10
01-26-2008, 06:39 PM
I find it interesting that yesterday Saturday tickets were outselling the other two days. That is if the GA numbers are truly a measurement of sales. I'm sure there's some stat where Saturday usually sells better historically, but wasn't Roger Waters predicted to kick the other days' asses in single day ticket sales?

gaypalmsprings
01-26-2008, 06:46 PM

No glitch. See http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15196

kpcamps
01-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Are people really going to buy these tickets on ebay. One person is selling there 3 day for 700 dollars. Really? Is it worth 700 dollars?

Purplegator
01-26-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm so bummed right now! My buddy and I didn't buy tix yesterday and we missed out as we were only planning on going Fri and Sat! I can't believe we have gone all day without hearing some sort of official news from Coachella promoters as to what is going on? Did EVERYONE buy their tickets on the first day and it sold out?? I really can't see a 3 day festival selling out in one day! This is just so sick, we have literally waited all year for this, such a headache...Give us hope!

Harrisment
01-27-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm so bummed right now! My buddy and I didn't buy tix yesterday and we missed out as we were only planning on going Fri and Sat! I can't believe we have gone all day without hearing some sort of official news from Coachella promoters as to what is going on? Did EVERYONE buy their tickets on the first day and it sold out?? I really can't see a 3 day festival selling out in one day! This is just so sick, we have literally waited all year for this, such a headache...Give us hope!

Well if it helps, I bought 2 Saturday tickets but I have since decided I want to go the whole weekend so I bought a 3 day pass. I'm selling my pair of Saturday passes on ebay and listed them just below what I paid for them if you are interested. I am going to let the auction run the full 5 days though.

Coachella Bound
01-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Has anyone thought about the fact that the lineup has changed over the last day. Not to mention the main flyer is now just one big list. In attempting not to create an uproar Goldenvoice probably stopped selling single day tickets untill the had a sturdier lineup. For example if you were attempting to buy tickets to sat because thats when the bands you wanted to see were scheduled to play, its possible that GV is moving things around and they dont want to make you commit to your tickets quite yet. I bought a 3-Day pass allready so regardless Ill be rockin' all weekend but for those of you that just want to go one day I would just relax. It would be nice of GV to send out some sort of message to undo the confusion.

Mjfritts
01-27-2008, 12:37 PM
I got a solution. If tickets are still not available by tomorrow does anyone want to split it up with me? I only need two individual tickets for Sunday. That leaves the other two days open. Send me a message! It will save you hundreds of bucks if you do it this way instead of eBay. Think about it.

Purplegator
01-27-2008, 02:48 PM
I got a solution. If tickets are still not available by tomorrow does anyone want to split it up with me? I only need two individual tickets for Sunday. That leaves the other two days open. Send me a message! It will save you hundreds of bucks if you do it this way instead of eBay. Think about it.

My friend is buying the tix, but this might be a good solution. we wanted Fri and Sat, 2 for each day. So we'd have 2 Sunday tix available.
It's pretty pricey though, so we would probably need the money ASAP for the two Sunday tix..
what area are you in if you don't mind?

Mjfritts
01-27-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm so glad i checked this post again. I almost lost it. I'm in San Diego (Escondido to be exact) and that sounds like a deal. Let me know if you wanted to work something out. I'm totally interested in that. Mjfritts@gmail.com < might be a faster way to get a hold of me

jb233
01-28-2008, 01:57 PM
My friend is buying the tix, but this might be a good solution. we wanted Fri and Sat, 2 for each day. So we'd have 2 Sunday tix available.
It's pretty pricey though, so we would probably need the money ASAP for the two Sunday tix..
what area are you in if you don't mind?

I will be selling two friday tickets at cost as well. If you are interested email me at jbrownlee3838@yahoo.com. I am in San Diego. I have a PayPal account also.