PDA

View Full Version : Camping spaces

Krash_Kronic
01-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Is it me or are the camping spaces getting smaller every year? Last year i barley had enough room for my tent, and i couldnt even put up my canopy, which sucked because then i couldnt get any shade. does anybody know how big the spaces are going to be this year, so i can plan this thing out better?

faxman75
01-25-2008, 11:42 PM
They were the same size the last few years and this year they INCREASED the size so I don't know what you are talking about.

Larger spaces (8x8)
* Additional Registration areas
* More showers and toilets
* Camping Supply Store
* Will Call at Venue will be open 10am on Thursday!
+ other goodies

fasttrack
01-25-2008, 11:58 PM
i love other goodies.

breakjaw
01-26-2008, 01:10 AM
New Jack Johnson size camping spots=More Hacky Sack Fun!!

coldstart
01-26-2008, 02:36 AM
Jezuz.

M Sparks
01-26-2008, 04:52 AM
this year they INCREASED the size so I don't know what you are talking about.

Larger spaces (8x8)

I was just about to ask about this. I could have sworn they said 10 x 10 a couple days ago.

I've never camped before. Can anyone confirm the size last year? Maybe 10 x 5?

marfawkah02
01-26-2008, 07:46 AM
yeah i think its enough space. i duno if your trying to get room for a futbol game in your space or something. loL, i have a 6 man/3 room tent that fit PERFECTLY!

faxman75
01-26-2008, 07:53 AM
Also for the record I have never seen any staff tell a single person EVER that they were taking up too much space. They aren't walking around with measuring tape. I don't understand the original poster saying he didn't have room for a canopy. Did someone actually tell you that? We had a canopy, table, chairs. I don't get it. Never had a single issue camping in the last 2 years.

orbit
01-26-2008, 10:03 AM
I didn't realize this year is 8x8. But yeah, you can always put up your canopy next to a small tent. I'm pretty sure they'll want the shade too.

Krash_Kronic
01-26-2008, 03:44 PM
It was just my girlfriend and I and our spot seemed like hella small space and with a canopy it just went over the marked edge. i tried to set it up but the staff told us we couldnt put it up because it was a like a half a foot out side the lines. and i have been camping the last three years and they are getting smaller, i swear.

faxman75
01-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Crazy. The staff was strict by a foot? Maybe they were lazy and just didn't come to our side of the field. I didn't see any staff when I set up.

thelastgreatman
01-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Last year was 50 sq ft per person, or 7x7 roughly. So they're getting bigger.

frozen pilgrim
01-26-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm looking forward to fully utilizing my 192 sq feet of space. also, I wonder:
if you bought an extra camping pass, would they give you an extra space?

chiapet
01-26-2008, 04:40 PM
i tried to set it up but the staff told us we couldnt put it up because it was a like a half a foot out side the lines. and i have been camping the last three years and they are getting smaller, i swear.

He's talking about putting up canopies outside of the fire lanes, not outside of his camping space. faxman, they did come around and told us to make sure our canopy poles and whatnot did not go out into those lanes.

They were not policing how much space you take up, but that you stay inside the "lanes" between rows for fire/safety.

The spaces last year were 7'x7' and in squares of 4 spaces.