PDA

View Full Version : Do You Get Intoxicated @ Coachella?

jjbaldwi
01-25-2008, 09:09 PM
ATTN: JUST TO CLARIFY... this poll asks whether you get "intoxicated." It does not ask anything specifically related to alcohol. Please indicate any future votes accordingly....other substances that cause intoxication do apply here. Thanks.
Now...Who on this message board likes to party?

vinylmartyr
01-25-2008, 09:15 PM
I tried to party last year.

psychic friend
01-25-2008, 09:18 PM
this is artist related how?

oh its not

moved

help me help you, please post in misc babble

Neutral Milk Hotel
01-25-2008, 09:19 PM
I have never been drunk.

boarderwoozel3
01-25-2008, 09:37 PM
high during the day and at night, and always?

Seriously though, I tried getting drunk before going into the fest. on friday and the heat in the campgroud/in the festival wasn't so fun...

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 09:51 PM
drink at night, wake up early and angry, eat churros, repeat

garrett222
01-25-2008, 10:46 PM
the best churros are when you are leaving tiajuana back to san diego.

emtgreg
01-25-2008, 11:47 PM
...help me help you...

but your view of helping us, is strangling more than half of us...

i like to remain alive as long as possible...

gratytrainridesagain
01-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Always drunk thrusday night or friday in the good old days

breakjaw
01-26-2008, 12:16 AM
The Bloody Marys in the Polo Club at the Campgrounds are not to be missed,make sure you go inside and swipe some Jicama though!These usually are a great way to start the day,especially if you go to the Filter Party w/Free Booze Thurs Night and drink too many Red Bull/Vodkas.When you first get in the fest,it's best to stick with water/soda until an act like Satellite Party gets on,then run to the Beer Lounge next to the MainStage,where you can still hear the music,and have shade and drink beer.Late afternoon is when I hit the tents (NOT the Sahara),when they are hopefully cooling off some.After the good stuff in the early evening at the Mainstage last year (JAMC,Arcade Fire) a little pick-me-up sometimes helps before finishing up at the Sahara or the Mojave.

MiamiNate
01-26-2008, 06:32 AM
We stop for lunch on the way there and have a couple beers(unless its the in-and-out on ramon and the highway. Then I'll grab a 40-roadie. Once inside I'll have 5 or 6 beers, just enough to maintain my buzz. But I want to remember everything so no smoking. Maybe acid or shrooms this year.

BROKENDOLL
01-26-2008, 12:07 PM
I actually get Intoxicated By Coachella... Any other buzz is just a bonus.

algunz
01-26-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm already drunk.

bliss209
01-27-2008, 07:53 AM
i learned FAST about drinkin in the desert! passed out during Cake in '02 and spent the rest of the day in the med tent. it really sucked!!
i now drink memosas in the mornin, smoke all day, maybe get a little etarded, and then drink night away!

djbionik
01-27-2008, 09:13 AM
It's too damn hot to get drunk during the day, though I like an ice cold beer between sets. I was just telling a friend that Coachella is set apart from most festivals because it doesn't really have the young kids all drunk and puking and all high and stuff, it's nice to see people dedicated enough to get all the way to coachella from other parts of the world, and be there for the music.
Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of stuff, I'm just saying..

If anything, have a few drinks at night with the neighbors. Always the best. during the day= dehydration. yikes!

Sexecutioner
01-27-2008, 11:18 AM
i drink during the day, the key though is to mix in lots of water with the booze. rotate beer, water, beer, water, etc. i usually have cocktails in the parking lot, then beer once inside.

jjbaldwi
01-27-2008, 12:53 PM
I prefer to rotate: joint, beer, blunt, beer, joint, beer... etc.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-27-2008, 01:02 PM
I have never been drunk at coachella...in fact..I think last year was the first time I even had a beer at Coach....

Memorial_07
01-27-2008, 09:35 PM
I live my life by Minor Threat's message.

Not really, I still drink caffeine

jjbaldwi
01-27-2008, 09:38 PM
I live my life by Minor Threat's message.

Not really, I still drink caffeine

Thanks for the obscure reference.

Sexecutioner
01-28-2008, 10:28 AM
god i hate straight edges!

humanoid
01-28-2008, 10:35 AM
I used to go nuts for 2 or 3 days straight, and it was always fun, but I noticed there were too many fuzzy memories, and it started to bother me....then I realized I could have as much fun drinking some before the fest, then having a few beers throughout the day, getting a little buzz, while still being coherent & remembering the entire experience. Fuck, am I growing up?

jonnypark
01-28-2008, 10:40 AM
I keep the intoxication to the campground..the actual festival I like to be coherent

RedThom
01-28-2008, 11:26 AM
The Bloody Marys in the Polo Club at the Campgrounds are not to be missed,make sure you go inside and swipe some Jicama though!These usually are a great way to start the day,especially if you go to the Filter Party w/Free Booze Thurs Night and drink too many Red Bull/Vodkas.When you first get in the fest,it's best to stick with water/soda until an act like Satellite Party gets on,then run to the Beer Lounge next to the MainStage,where you can still hear the music,and have shade and drink beer.Late afternoon is when I hit the tents (NOT the Sahara),when they are hopefully cooling off some.After the good stuff in the early evening at the Mainstage last year (JAMC,Arcade Fire) a little pick-me-up sometimes helps before finishing up at the Sahara or the Mojave.

I didn't try the ones at the campgrounds yet but I have not heard any really outstanding reviews of it til now.

M Sparks
01-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Ugh...I can't stand drinking in the heat. Maybe a beer after dark, but not enough to get f-ed up.

meyouseek
01-28-2008, 12:32 PM
I try to plan my intoxication schedule to accommodate what I'm seeing. I'm also always driving so I need to take that into account.

Drinking during the day? Hell yeah! Smoke, E, Psy? Sure! Remember everything? I remember airplanes sending me coded messages and trying to grab the moon from the sky. Others tell me we were at Justice.

Enjoy your clear-headed memories. I'm doing ok with mine.

smoke
01-28-2008, 12:42 PM
im actually surprised out how even the poll results are. personally i don't drink at coachella...i don't see how anyone could during the day!

PrettyRagdoll
01-28-2008, 01:09 PM
The worst thing EVER is getting really high in the desert. Just... wait until night to drink/smoke whatever. During the day is just unbearable

Weeping Willow
01-28-2008, 02:09 PM
I drink mostly water during the day, and descend into the beer garden when the sun starts going down. I kind of wish they sold more of a variety of beer.

amyzzz
01-28-2008, 02:29 PM
I don't drink.

jjbaldwi
01-28-2008, 08:30 PM
The best thing EVER is to get high all day long for three days straight in the Palm Desert for the Coachella Music and Arts Festival

MarkO
01-28-2008, 09:34 PM
I don't drink at all. I have a beer or two back at camp.

algunz
01-28-2008, 09:41 PM
The worst thing EVER is getting really high in the desert.

No, it's the best thing EVER. The desert is made for altered states.

tchuess
01-28-2008, 11:00 PM
I don't think i've ever had more than 1 beer per day while at coachella...the hassle factor of having to drink in the biergarden plus the heat plus the fact that no hard liquor is available (sorry, those shitty 'margaritas' and 'daquiris' don't count) just make it unenjoyable. i have enjoyed other substances there, however :-)

smoke
01-29-2008, 12:17 AM
No, it's the best thing EVER. The desert is made for altered states.

yes!

NiceArthur32
01-29-2008, 02:29 AM
i drink babies piss before... then eat the babies after...

makes me feel cool and macho and all pedo-cannibalistic n shit...

tchuess
01-29-2008, 09:38 AM
2 babies, 1 cup.

Lord I apologize, and please be with the starving pygmies down in New Guinea, amen.

Sonicifyouwantit
01-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Y.E.S. night time is the time to party!

Gyrus
01-30-2008, 02:29 AM
Fuck yeah the whole time, thank fuck I met some cool people that hooked me up with some shit booya!!!!

jjbaldwi
01-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Coachella needs to get an additional beer vendor. Heineken in the heat is kinda rough @ times.

OnAJourney
02-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Sure! Remember everything? I remember airplanes sending me coded messages
I remember that to! All I could read while I layed on the grass was a light up sign from a plane that read "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID"

Astrid
02-26-2008, 05:11 PM
The worst thing EVER is getting really high in the desert. Just... wait until night to drink/smoke whatever. During the day is just unbearable
I dont understand how you BARE the day time without being high. I mean there are obvious things to avoid, I personally always feel about 20 degrees hotter when im on mushrooms. but smoking herb takes the edge off...

daytime: bowls bowls bowls bowls
nighttime: a whole array of magic is to be consumed and experienced and WOW.

nicolelmt
02-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Going to Ultra this year instead of Coachella, and we know what all the cool kids do at Ultra(which is just a huge legal rave)....but hallucinogenics are the way to go at festivals if you are going to do anything, you will not pass out, your senses will definitely be heightened, and I doubt you will forget anything. Music is experienced to a new level. Getting wasted drunk at a fest, whats the point? A few beers maybe but why get wasted drunk, you can do that at a bar at home, and we all know the consequences of drinking too much, who wants to experience that at a festival? Personally, I think you're way more aware of how you're behaving on psychedelics than on alcohol, at least if you've done them prior. Whatever you do, moderation is key. Be safe and have fun.

thelastgreatman
03-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Ultra Music Festival is a big rave? Shut the fuck up, no way.

scoop49er
03-01-2008, 08:24 PM
every festival I go to its the same routine..... parking lot beer..... go inside... roam.... beer....beer.......music and water..... food......... repeat and add more beer at night

greghead
03-01-2008, 09:57 PM
i drink babies piss before... then eat the babies after...

makes me feel cool and macho and all pedo-cannibalistic n shit...

Count me in.

kitten_calamity
04-03-2008, 03:36 PM
I will never drink at Coachella. OR do mushrooms- for some reason they make me sweat.

I'll smoke all day and maybe do some E or coke in the Sahara at night. Not this year though because I'm pregnant! One good thing is I'll have a clear memory of this year's events!

gambler27
04-06-2008, 09:42 PM
I like sippin on a little rum during a set. As for heineken its too heavy to drink in the heat, it stays in your system too long. They need a light beer or corona to sponsor the event. I wear a hat and sunglasses, the heat doesnt really get too me.

traviscanada
04-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Ya I have a few morning drinks, few beers throughout.... and have (quite) a few the thursday camping too. Definatley don't get too wasted though.

NoizeSelektor
04-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Fuck yeah the whole time, thank fuck I met some cool people that hooked me up with some shit booya!!!!

i hope you don't mean shit like meth? cause we call it shit over here. i've known people who do that and that sounds really fucking disgusting to do at a show. i personally loath the stuff.

zomgitsme
04-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Drunk and fucked up the entire festival since '05!!

zomgitsme
04-17-2008, 11:37 AM
I like sippin on a little rum during a set. As for heineken its too heavy to drink in the heat, it stays in your system too long. They need a light beer or corona to sponsor the event. I wear a hat and sunglasses, the heat doesnt really get too me.

Ever since '05 they have offerered Bud Light if you don't want the Heineken... but then again for the same price I'll take the Heineken...

JebusLives
10-18-2009, 11:21 AM
weed during the day, maybe a beer or two when there is no one good performing. I personally can't get drunk off heineken, especially in the heat... would go broke before the buzz kicks in.

After dark, its hippy-flipping time. Then a nice cool sauvignon blanc in the hotel hot tub before bed.

HAMMERHEAD
10-20-2009, 02:01 PM
pre-coachella>alcohol
daytime>weed
night>misc. treats :)

feather
10-20-2009, 02:19 PM
weed during the day, maybe a beer or two when there is no one good performing. I personally can't get drunk off heineken, especially in the heat... would go broke before the buzz kicks in.

After dark, its hippy-flipping time. Then a nice cool sauvignon blanc in the hotel hot tub before bed.

Wow you are so classy! I like.

FoxeyLady
10-20-2009, 02:30 PM
i spend my coachella weekend puffin on massive amounts of herb smoke
and i start the morning with a nice memosa to wake me up

heyeric
10-20-2009, 03:26 PM
herb :)

nbvcide
10-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Coachella is for smoking (& other things),
Stagecoach is for drinking..

it's just the way the two fests are set up.. i don't see it any other way.

Geno_g
10-20-2009, 04:19 PM
I smoke during the day, but thats night and day time activities for me, then I usually pop a pill when the sun is going down but I have popped right in the barreling heat of the day before. Then when night rolls on I try to find the booms to make the night more interesting but usually just pop if the shrooms are hard to find. In 2007, it was so hot that I wasn't gonna take any of the pills I brought, but caved in on Stephen Marley. Jarvis Cooker and Sonic Youth didn't help, just wanted more...

El.C.Dub
10-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Everyday at coachella I drink copious amounts of water all through the day but I also drink, smoke, and sample other substances. I have never gotten sick, I have always felt fine.

Moral of the story? Drink a shit ton of water and you will be fine to do anything.

nbvcide
10-20-2009, 05:17 PM
In 2007, it was so hot that I wasn't gonna take any of the pills I brought, but caved in on Stephen Marley. Jarvis Cooker and Sonic Youth didn't help, just wanted more...

what kind of pills are you taking listening to Stephen Marley, Jarvis Cocker, & Sonic Youth??

HAMMERHEAD
10-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Everyday at coachella I drink copious amounts of water all through the day but I also drink, smoke, and sample other substances. I have never gotten sick, I have always felt fine.

Moral of the story? Drink a shit ton of water and you will be fine to do anything.

i was at the water filling station pretty much every hour and i still got sick after coachella on account of my excessive hedonistic indulgences. alcohol/drugs do quite a number on your immune system regardless of water intake. its the risk you take but its well worth it in the end. i think ill try bringing multi-vitamins this year tho

what kind of pills are you taking listening to Stephen Marley, Jarvis Cocker, & Sonic Youth??

seriously haha. to each his/her own i guess

Geno_g
10-21-2009, 10:50 AM

The good kind, the ones like a couple weekends ago when I was dancing my face off, I can pop those and see a rock concert, I still get the same vibe...

Some of my best rolls have been at rock shows and reggae shows, but I do love raving in the sahara...

moomoo
10-21-2009, 12:33 PM
In '08 went completely sober.

In '09 would chugg vodka (yuck.) before going into the fest, smoke weed during it, and then get drunk on the campsite at night.

haven't popped my drugzzzzzzz cherry yet.

Attorney General C. Koop
10-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Never.

heyeric
10-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Going to Ultra this year instead of Coachella, and we know what all the cool kids do at Ultra(which is just a huge legal rave)....but hallucinogenics are the way to go at festivals if you are going to do anything, you will not pass out, your senses will definitely be heightened, and I doubt you will forget anything. Music is experienced to a new level. Getting wasted drunk at a fest, whats the point? A few beers maybe but why get wasted drunk, you can do that at a bar at home, and we all know the consequences of drinking too much, who wants to experience that at a festival? Personally, I think you're way more aware of how you're behaving on psychedelics than on alcohol, at least if you've done them prior. Whatever you do, moderation is key. Be safe and have fun.

we dont care about ultra, thnx.

Twattycakes
04-01-2013, 12:32 AM
I drink enough while I'm not on vacation. Too hot, too expensive.

heart cooks brain
04-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Get implies i'm not intoxicated when I arrive...

JBcoachella
04-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Do they have dogs helping with the search? I'm planning on bringing around half a ounce.

roboto
04-04-2013, 11:55 PM
if your smart youll be fine . If you arrive looking like a stoner with a marijuana shirt on and dreads theyll probably give you a harder time.

JBcoachella
04-05-2013, 05:10 AM
You just describe how I look. Are you prejudice?

lehorne
04-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Yes. And also do it most other non-Coachella days of the year.

roboto
04-05-2013, 12:08 PM
You just describe how I look. Are you prejudice?

It's reality douche nobody likes a druggy looking loser unless they make good music .

artisticcreator
04-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Of course we all go there to have a good time. So we are all partying to some degree!

CrimesceneCookie
04-05-2013, 02:00 PM
I like partying at Coachella, but getting drunk there or especially getting drunk before you get in the gate is serious amateur business. Even in my drunkiest years I've never even had a beer there.

Godspeed
04-06-2013, 10:32 AM
I like partying at Coachella, but getting drunk there or especially getting drunk before you get in the gate is serious amateur business. Even in my drunkiest years I've never even had a beer there.
So you don't like drinking while you party? You sound like the amateur, little breh.

CrimesceneCookie
04-06-2013, 11:11 AM
uh, there's more than one way to party

roboto
04-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Alcohol is not coachella friendly .

LiquidL
04-09-2013, 04:20 PM
I feel like a kid in a candy store at coachella..... what candy shall I have? Hmmmmm.. some serious quandries.

nine00
04-09-2013, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWq8Lb2HMso

Smokin' on HAAYYYYY!