PDA

View Full Version : PRESALE PRICE DIFFERENCE

SecretPrescription
01-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Ends up being a whopping $16 difference, after the additional camping pass charge.

presale tix total: $287
seperate camping total: $65
total presale: $352

tickets & camping (after presale): $368

point is:

they fucked up not allowing you to add camping with the presale ticket purchase. could have avoided another $15 or so in additional fees.

captncrzy
01-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Why does everyone think Goldenvoice owes them something? It's a business, not a charity.

Also, $300/130 bands = $2.30 per band. Tom's probably the only one old enough to remember when concert ticket prices were $2.30. (j/k Tom).

faxman75
01-25-2008, 10:34 AM
That's retarded math captncrzy.

No one can possibly even come close to seeing every single band.

Terrible point.

SecretPrescription
01-25-2008, 10:34 AM
why bother offering a presale?

its an insult

faxman75
01-25-2008, 10:35 AM
why bother offering a presale?

its an insult

No, if you think saving 16 bucks is an insult. Then YOU are retarded.

SecretPrescription
01-25-2008, 10:36 AM
my point is:

they should have offered camping with the presale tix,

woulda saved us another $15 or so in fees

miscorrections
So? You're still seeing maybe 10 bands a day. That's $10 a show, which is pretty cheap, so I think it's a deal. No one's making you spend money on Coachella either, so quit bitching if you think it's overpriced and just don't go.

lowfront
The biggest thing out of this all

is why the fuck not offer a camping ticket during presale

that was some wierd buillshit

Amneeziac
01-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Wow, what a douchebag. Sometimes I think I'm bad, but wow... whining because you're not getting a big enough price cut? Just... wow.

captncrzy
01-25-2008, 10:37 AM
I see your point. Let's say you see 10 bands a day then...

$300/30 = $10 a band.

For some of these smaller bands, that's the cover fee you'd pay at the bar they're playing at (if they came to your area at all). You couldn't buy a dirty cup outside the arena where Roger Waters would be playing for $10.

Is that better?

faxman75
01-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Yep and I agree. $10 a band is a good deal for this music and the fest in general.

I have no complaints about the price or the lineup. I think i'm part of 1%.

SecretPrescription
01-25-2008, 10:41 AM
you're misunderstanding

its the fees i'm upset about.

not the price.

i'm mad i have to pay MORE ticketmaster fees just for camping.

they fucked up, admit it.

faxman75
01-25-2008, 10:44 AM
They fucked up and you want ME to admit it?
WTF?

I don't give a fuck. I don't spend my day looking for every possible reason I can to be pissed off. Srsly, if I was that pissed of about it, I wouldn't go. End of thread.

SecretPrescription
01-25-2008, 10:47 AM
That's retarded math captncrzy.

No one can possibly even come close to seeing every single band.

Terrible point.

No, if you think saving 16 bucks is an insult. Then YOU are retarded.

I don't spend my day looking for every possible reason I can to be pissed off.

hm....

Melanie.Dawn
01-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Whatever, the pre sale price was a shitty discount. I hate all you people who totally defend every little move GV makes because it seems to you that they are some sort of God's. 300 dollars is A LOT of money, coachella or not! The excuse "they are a company to make money' is so stupid... so is everywhere else selling things... so I'd assume that you would never complain about the price of anything because no matter how much it is... it's from a company trying to make money so we should all pay it. People who constantly defend Golden Voice and Dani, no matter what they do or say... and then criticize other board members about everything they say... are the single most annoying, usless people on this bored... grow some balls... or a real opinion at least.

psychic friend
01-25-2008, 11:11 AM
hey im just a person dont involve me in your gv rant. please.

kthxbye

sbessiso
01-25-2008, 11:15 AM
yeah you know, im STILL trying to figure what your whole role is psychic friend, but you are a friend to me, no rants here

Lorelei
01-25-2008, 11:22 AM
What left me doubtful was the fact I could get a TicketFast delivery for the camping ticket but not for the festival pass where I'll have to rely on the dreaded Will Call. Is there any way I can switch my ticket to TicketFast delivery, then?

Is Will Call open on the Thursday, when I'm planning to arrive?

faxman75
01-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Whatever, the pre sale price was a shitty discount. I hate all you people who totally defend every little move GV makes because it seems to you that they are some sort of God's. 300 dollars is A LOT of money, coachella or not! The excuse "they are a company to make money' is so stupid... so is everywhere else selling things... so I'd assume that you would never complain about the price of anything because no matter how much it is... it's from a company trying to make money so we should all pay it. People who constantly defend Golden Voice and Dani, no matter what they do or say... and then criticize other board members about everything they say... are the single most annoying, usless people on this bored... grow some balls... or a real opinion at least.

Is this the infamous Dawn from the Sound Opinions board?

WTF are you going on about? It's fucking simple. If you don't like it. Don't fucking go. Do you really enjoy visiting a message board that has nothing but bitching and ranting completely take over for days and days?

Grow up and stop, you show your immaturity by including "dani" in your rant. Who was defending her and what does she have to do with ANYTHING regarding lineups or ticket prices or whatever the fuck you are bitching about your right to bitch for?

http://madsenblog.dk/billeder/crybaby.jpg

Melanie.Dawn
01-25-2008, 11:30 AM
You just proved my point.. in why I included Dani in that post... not because it is actually Dani as a person, but because people fall over backwards to defend anything she says aparently because she has some affiliation with Golden voice but then the same people continiously talk down, insult and criticize everyone else on the board. actually.. your post... is a PERFECT example.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Why does everyone think Goldenvoice owes them something? It's a business, not a charity.

Also, $300/130 bands = $2.30 per band. Tom's probably the only one old enough to remember when concert ticket prices were $2.30. (j/k Tom).

I am more upset at the ticketmaster fees then anything else....not Coachella or Goldenvoice...

faxman75
01-25-2008, 11:44 AM
You just proved my point.. in why I included Dani in that post... not because it is actually Dani as a person, but because people fall over backwards to defend anything she says aparently because she has some affiliation with Golden voice but then the same people continiously talk down, insult and criticize everyone else on the board. actually.. your post... is a PERFECT example.

How was that any example? I asked you what she said and who was defending her for what :rotfl

I don't even know the girl but you just ranting with no basis is just plain silly. You completely ignored the questions because you know you are being silly.

luckyface
01-25-2008, 11:46 AM

People who talk shit about everything GV does is also pretty god damn annoying. I'd say most people on here are not above criticizing GV, as seen by the huge disdain for this lineup and/or headliners. Some people, mostly regulars, choose to talk about the brighter side instead of bitching over every little negative aspect.

And do you ever think people defend Dani not because she is affiliated with GV, but because they genuinely like her and what she has to say on this board?

Cry me a river.

faxman75
01-25-2008, 11:49 AM
I don't even know Dani. Hell she banned me last year. What fucking excuse do I have to defend her.

The only defending she gets is deserved because she has nothing to do with picking the linup or making up prices and those are the only things she gets defended over.

This is the definition of a troll I believe.

TonyWonder
01-25-2008, 12:18 PM
As far as I can tell, the "convenience" fees are charged per ticket and not per order so I don't see how you would have saved much other than possibly a little bit on the order processing fee.

The thing that I thought was odd was that three day passes are the same price as three single day passes.

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 12:27 PM
god what the fuck did you guys want 50 bucks off

of course there are service charges, it's ticketmaster

the presale is an incentive for repeat buyers it's not a super-secret club GV put you in because, y'know, you're really awesome man, and I hope to see you there

maybe we can get an eight dollar heineken and catch up

thelastgreatman
01-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Hold on, I don't understand this bullshit at all. How can the difference only be 16 dollars when non-presale tickets are like forty dollars more? This makes no sense.

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 12:36 PM
homeboy is saying that service charges "shouldn't count as my money saving offer"

tessalasset
01-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Melanie, I defended Dani in some random thread where people were bitching about the lineup because you said something to the effect of "Where is perfect Dani now? Looks like she's running and hiding." This was an idiotic statement because you have no idea how fucking hard Dani has been working the past month and you wrote that on what is quite possibly the busiest day of the year for her. I don't know if you are aware, but Dani does much more than just moderate a message board.

I also defended her because she is my good friend and she is way above "running and hiding" when shit hits the fan.

thelastgreatman
01-25-2008, 12:39 PM
So he's ignoring completely the fact that buying non-presale tickets is going to not only be forty dollars more expensive but also slightly higher service charges as well?

What a dumb twat.

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 12:42 PM
So he's ignoring completely the fact that buying non-presale tickets is going to not only be forty dollars more expensive but also slightly higher service charges as well?

What a dumb twat.

right that's what we're getting at

bottom line is that you save about 20 bucks, which is maybe 2 beers and a pretzel at coach. FIRST TWO ROUNDS'RE ON THE PRESALE

Melanie.Dawn
01-25-2008, 12:44 PM
How was that any example? I asked you what she said and who was defending her for what :rotfl

I don't even know the girl but you just ranting with no basis is just plain silly. You completely ignored the questions because you know you are being silly.

I don't care to internet argue about it. I was just posting what I have noticed.

thelastgreatman
01-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Well... wait, no, that makes no sense. How the fuck can you possibly save 20 bucks? It's forty dollars cheaper. What kind of fucked up fuzzy math are you using?

Sexecutioner
01-25-2008, 01:05 PM
i agree with melanie to a certain extent. i think dani should be left out of it, but i do hate the bullshit comeback "why does everybody think gv owes them something". that is so fuckin retarded. just because i dont like the way they did certain things doesnt mean i think they owe me. and just because i criticize certain aspects about coachella doesnt mean i dont love it in general or im not grateful. just because they put on a great festival does not make them above criticism.

this is a fucking internet message board. the whole reason we are here is to express our opinions with others. these opinions do not all have to be flowers and sunshine. sure, its nice to talk about both positive and negative things, and i agree that it sucks when its all negative, but just because somebody has a negative opinion about gv or whatever, doesnt mean its cool for you arrogant assholes to condescend them and make assumptions or false statements about what they feel entitled to.

i also agree that the presale this year was lame. it saves you 20 fucking dollars (not 40, randy), so whats the point. ok, so you have tickets before they go onsale to the regular public, which is nice so you dont have to worry about it selling out, but at this point we already know the lineup, so if there is a rage type band, pretty much everybody is going to hit the presale anyway, so its not much different than the regular onsale, especially if it doesnt save you some money.

actually, this is what i wish they would do (they did something similar to this once): have a presale before the lineup is announced, and make it way cheaper than the sale after the lineup. because you know there are tons of people like us who are coachella loyalists, and will go no matter what the lineup is, cuz we have faith that gv will always put together a coachella worth going to. well all im saying is that it would be nice if gv recognized us as being important to their success and gave a little back to us, their loyal fans. does this mean i think they owe it to us, hell no. it just means i think it would be a nice gesture, like a reward for having faith in them.

Sexecutioner
01-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Well... wait, no, that makes no sense. How the fuck can you possibly save 20 bucks? It's forty dollars cheaper. What kind of fucked up fuzzy math are you using?

what kind of fucked up math are you using dude, its $20 cheaper. where did you get this $40 idea?

and sorry for the novel in that last post, i guess i got carried away.

thelastgreatman
01-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh wait a minute, so they dropped the prices of the regular 3 day tickets from what they were going to be? After everyone complained about it? And NOW you're bitching about how in doing so that made the presale a lesser savings? Jesus.

thelastgreatman
01-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Cause the original quote for what 3 day tickets were going to be was 287 or something.

Sexecutioner
01-25-2008, 01:13 PM
dude, what are you talking about? are you making this shit up?

single day tickets: $ 90
3 day passes: $270 (no savings for buying a 3 day pass)
presale 3 days passes: $250 (20 dollar savings from regular 3 day passes)

all these prices are base prices before extra charges are added on. im pretty sure those are the numbers, feel free to correct me if im wrong.

faxman75
01-25-2008, 01:13 PM
You're lost dude. The presale only saved us $20 it never saved us $40 and nothing was changed because of complaining.

The fact is the person is bitching about their $20 savings.

oh and Sexecutioner, I don't think anyone is asking for all flowers and sunshine and lord knows i've used that exact phrase when people have been pissed on other band message boards when I was giving a critical review. The point of the presale is it saved you $20. Most presales save you shit, you just get to buy before others in case of a sell out. This time you got to buy early and save $20. Yeah it's not as great a deal as lest year but it's certainly better than nothing and not something to bitch about since they dont' have to offer any discount at all.

Your idea for the presale is what they did the last couple years, they skippped that idea this year to probably make up for some lost revenue or some shit, who knows.

faxman75
01-25-2008, 01:14 PM
dude, what are you talking about? are you making this shit up?

single day tickets: $ 90
3 day passes: $270 (no savings for buying a 3 day pass)
presale 3 days passes: $250 (20 dollar savings from regular 3 day passes)

all these prices are base prices before extra charges are added on. im pretty sure those are the numbers, feel free to correct me if im wrong.

That is accurate unless we want to get super picky 3 day passes were 269 and presale 3 day were 249.

thelastgreatman
01-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Sorry, maybe I'm just on drugs, I remember a bunch of people complaining about how they upped the costs of tickets this year and I thought I remembered it being higher than 270.

faxman75
01-25-2008, 01:19 PM
yeah everone was bitching about tickets going up and I think they went up like $4.

Sexecutioner
01-25-2008, 01:20 PM
The fact is the person is bitching about their $20 savings.

oh and Sexecutioner, I don't think anyone is asking for all flowers and sunshine and lord knows i've used that exact phrase when people have been pissed on other band message boards when I was giving a critical review. The point of the presale is it saved you $20. Most presales save you shit, you just get to buy before others in case of a sell out. This time you got to buy early and save $20. Yeah it's not as great a deal as lest year but it's certainly better than nothing and not something to bitch about since they dont' have to offer any discount at all.

i understand all this, i just think its lame to give people shit for complaining about something they dont like. everybody complains on here. that is one of the reasons we are here...to talk about things we like and things that piss us off. if gv pissed us off, so be it. dont act like we are assholes because of it.

faxman75
01-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Well if it's an assholish thing that someone is being pissed off about then i'm gonna say it's assholish. It's the same logic you are using. It's the net, it's a forum, if someone says something half retarded, I respond with yo home cheese, you're being half a retarded ass.

What are we arguing at this point anyway? Dawn is just a drama queen as you see as soon as she was asked for specifics she skidattled. I'm all about open discussion and conversation. Some people are dicks and they get called out for it. "Randy" flies off the handle and starts name callin' before he knows what's going on, though he does admit mistakes on occasion but everyone likes to act like a know it all on the internets.

thelastgreatman
01-25-2008, 01:38 PM
In my own defense, Sexecutioner is a douchebag in other respects, not just this thread.

=)

faxman75
01-25-2008, 01:40 PM
heh word

SecretPrescription
01-25-2008, 01:42 PM
ticketmaster sucks balls.

end of story

Cpt. Funkaho
01-25-2008, 01:43 PM
worst thread ever

Melanie.Dawn
01-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Well if it's an assholish thing that someone is being pissed off about then i'm gonna say it's assholish. It's the same logic you are using. It's the net, it's a forum, if someone says something half retarded, I respond with yo home cheese, you're being half a retarded ass.

What are we arguing at this point anyway? Dawn is just a drama queen as you see as soon as she was asked for specifics she skidattled. I'm all about open discussion and conversation. Some people are dicks and they get called out for it. "Randy" flies off the handle and starts name callin' before he knows what's going on, though he does admit mistakes on occasion but everyone likes to act like a know it all on the internets.

I read that you said I was some other Dawn from some other board, and now your calling me Dawn, but I am 100% not that person.

Also, my first post are my true feelings, but perhaps I couldn't keep them to myself because I just got out of a 3 HOUR meeting at work that did not pertain to my job in anyway, but for some reason my boss wanted me there. It all just sounded like jibberish for 3 hours and I was in a BAD mood. I still stand by my statments, but I'm not as upset about it now.

emtgreg
01-25-2008, 02:18 PM
ticketmaster always blows in the morning...

too many people log on at 10am...

psychic friend
01-25-2008, 02:38 PM
this one time.... . at band camp...............

Sexecutioner
01-25-2008, 03:37 PM

of course you can give your opinion on my opinion, but my point is that you are misinterpreting my opinion in the first place, so your opinion on my opinion is invalid. in other words, what it all comes down to is that randy has a sandy vag.

Sexecutioner
01-25-2008, 03:38 PM
sandy randy. i like that.

thelastgreatman
01-25-2008, 03:39 PM
this one time.... . at band camp...............

Roger Waters jammed a flute in my pussy, and man was it ever worth the 285 dollars.

SecretPrescription
01-25-2008, 03:47 PM
^ amen

SecretPrescription
01-25-2008, 03:47 PM
....kinda. lol

JustSteve
01-25-2008, 04:09 PM
actually, this is what i wish they would do (they did something similar to this once): have a presale before the lineup is announced, and make it way cheaper than the sale after the lineup. because you know there are tons of people like us who are coachella loyalists, and will go no matter what the lineup is, cuz we have faith that gv will always put together a coachella worth going to.

if they had done that and then released this line-up, the most angrily received line-up i have seen to date, then this board would have been even more ridiculous. maybe they didn't do the preslae that way this year because they had a feeling there would be some major backlash. it was bad enough last year when the presale password was "roxanne".

frozen pilgrim
01-25-2008, 04:33 PM
if they had done that and then released this line-up, the most angrily received line-up i have seen to date, then this board would have been even more ridiculous. maybe they didn't do the preslae that way this year because they had a feeling there would be some major backlash. it was bad enough last year when the presale password was "roxanne".

you know, it really never occured to me that the lack of a pre-sale before the lineup was potentially something intentional, as opposed to just being an oversight or a fuck up of some kind. gives me faith that tollett really does have 'a few tricks up his sleeves'

jigawig
01-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Roger Waters jammed a flute in my pussy, and man was it ever worth the 285 dollars.

hey LASTGREATMAN...wheres zeppelin like you guaranteed...or do we get to sh*t all over you

thelastgreatman
01-25-2008, 05:19 PM
All claims to brick in my mouth will not be honored until after Coachella is officially over. =)

braundiggity
01-25-2008, 05:38 PM

Unless the presale was legitimately significantly cheaper -- as in, $75 cheaper. A true treat for the fans. $35 less when there's more than that in ticketmaster fees anyway feels a bit lame.

MonsoonSeason
01-25-2008, 08:52 PM
nope

microcuts
01-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Unless the presale was legitimately significantly cheaper -- as in, $75 cheaper. A true treat for the fans. $35 less when there's more than that in ticketmaster fees anyway feels a bit lame.

$75 cheaper? Are you smoking crack? The savings last year weren't even that much.

Wheres the beef?
01-25-2008, 10:37 PM
They fucked up and you want ME to admit it?
WTF?

I don't give a fuck. I don't spend my day looking for every possible reason I can to be pissed off. Srsly, if I was that pissed of about it, I wouldn't go. End of thread.

He SAID, "end of thread"!

Wheres the beef?
01-25-2008, 10:38 PM
All claims to brick in my mouth will not be honored until after Coachella is officially over. =)

WHAT! Thats bullshit.

JustSteve
01-26-2008, 08:42 AM
the line will form right outside of the gate then, kissing booth style.

Jankypirate
01-26-2008, 08:29 PM
hahaha. why do you all get so damn worked up and talk so much shit over posts like this?

It doesnt make sense that we couldnt order the camping passes with presale tickets. Why force us to pay for more ticketmaster fees???

If you are going to talk shit about us complaining, atleast respond to the complaint.

And yeah its a business. It has to make a profit.
Im a consumer. I try to get the best prices.

People who always defend the people making profit off of them make me sick. Grow some balls and stand up for your own interrests.

Sexecutioner
01-27-2008, 01:37 AM
well said janky!