PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen X (the band) lately?

nothingman00
01-25-2008, 07:03 AM
TomAZ, I'm figuring you probably are the best bet, but I just found out that X is playing a show in Dallas at the House of Blues and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth driving 3 and a half hours to see. Not sure when they toured last and I'm sure I could find that info if I searched enough, but wanted to get opinions on their live show. Has anyone seen them lately? Anyone ever seen them? Opinions?

nothingman00
01-25-2008, 07:04 AM
Also, wouldn't this have made a nice Coachella addition? Touring in March and April...

J~$$$
01-25-2008, 07:11 AM
hell yes it is worth it.

J~$$$
01-25-2008, 07:12 AM
someone here (I dont remember who) got to see them play a private party at disneyland in the early 80's.

jealous.

Edit: given GV's background I too am surprised they were not booked.

Hannahrain
01-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Go, you idiot. What he said.

canexplain
01-25-2008, 07:23 AM
we saw the girl and the guy in different shows last year (sorry dont know the names) and i saw X many times years ago ... i dont know if i would drive 3 plus hours, but i do know i will be first in line when they play here ..... canx**

canexplain
01-25-2008, 07:25 AM
da the guy was john doe, but the girl was the lead singer from concrete blond i am thinking of .... its early gang .... still waking up .... canx**

J~$$$
01-25-2008, 07:26 AM
sweet.

March 25
Bluebird Theater
Denver CO

canexplain
01-25-2008, 07:26 AM
sweet.

March 25
Bluebird Theater
Denver CO

c u there Justin ?? canx**

J~$$$
01-25-2008, 07:27 AM
i will be second in line.

breakjaw
01-25-2008, 07:33 AM
I've seen X more than any other band that I've seen (probably 7 or 8 times),but I'm not sure I'd want to see them now.In their prime,X was the best live act around,with John Doe and Exene harmonizing (well warbling mostly for her) and Billy just blazing away on rockabilly riffs without leaving his spot or losing that smile.Seeing them now might make me sad.

canexplain
01-25-2008, 07:35 AM
I've seen X more than any other band that I've seen (probably 7 or 8 times),but I'm not sure I'd want to see them now.In their prime,X was the best live act around,with John Doe and Exene harmonizing (well warbling mostly for her) and Billy just blazing away on rockabilly riffs without leaving his spot or losing that smile.Seeing them now might make me sad.

roger waters plays dark side of the moon PART TWO, that would be about the same ... canx**

nothingman00
01-25-2008, 08:12 AM

Ok, see this is what I was looking for. I'm well aware of the awesomeness that was X. That said, I'm trying to figure out if it's worth driving 3 hours to Dallas just to see them. That would be 3 hours back, for the mathematically challenged, and would require a babysitter, hotel room, and so on...

Really hoping they are a late add to the lineup, but not really expecting it. Would be a nice surprise.

reverb
01-25-2008, 08:26 AM

i've seen x a whole bunch (yeah, i'm the disneyland guy) with the last time a little over a year ago at the greek opening for that johnny vatos 'dead man's party' boingo tribute thing. it wasn't my idea to go and to me the whole night reeked of nostalgia. needless to say i too had that 'this might make me sad feeling' dramarama came out and my fears became more palpable...and then came x to make it all better. *whew* even in a big place like that, they brought it. i am SO glad that they've aged quite well and haven't lost that chemistry that makes them x.

yeah i'll be at the fonda when they play.