PDA

View Full Version : Anybody think the 3-day pass will sell out

leprachaun3401
01-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I was thinking Sunday sold out quick and so did sunday and all these RATM fans are going to be paying 300 dollars just to see RATM and i dont have the money now but will in the near future.

any body think it will selll out within the next week or so?

alpharuin
01-29-2007, 12:40 PM
It won't sell out until April.

C DUB YA
01-29-2007, 01:11 PM
most likely the 3 day passes will sell out in April (first of April), but who knows.

We don't know if Paul and GV made good on their promise to cut back on attendance, if they did, passes may go quicker.

We don't know if more single days are getting released - more and more - unlikely. The goal is obiously for more 3 day pass sales, this may effect whether people bite the 3 day pass bullet, because it will be the same price, if not cheaper than a single day. And because of that, we don't know How many people are willing to go an extra day that weren'r originally going to?

I wouldn't worry... just yet. PF usually gives a heads up when things become critical, you've got some time as it stands.

ghettojournalist
01-29-2007, 01:28 PM
what is the standing on ga numbers for tickets?
like what's the limit?
it's at ga47 right now.

ghettojournalist
01-29-2007, 01:36 PM
it has a correlation.
when the sunday tickets were winding down it was at ga 122.
i just want to know if it will be more or less the same number for the 3-day passes.

C DUB YA
01-29-2007, 01:36 PM
I don't think it means how many sold, or how many are left, or anything like that.

At least not to us.

C DUB YA
01-29-2007, 01:48 PM
it has a correlation.
when the sunday tickets were winding down it was at ga 122.
i just want to know if it will be more or less the same number for the 3-day passes.

I HIGHLY doubt there are 47, 3-day passes left. If that is the case (which its not) there would be MANY MANY unhappy people on here, and a ton of happy people on ebay (that need to eat shit and die). Its crazy how many passes are on there now, as we speak, in fact, its downright scary!

Montius
01-29-2007, 01:50 PM
And if the show sells out, prices will go apeshit.

C DUB YA
01-29-2007, 01:51 PM
That's the scary part.

Scalpers be damned to hell.

ghettojournalist
01-29-2007, 01:53 PM
there is a certain number of tickets attached to one ga number.
when the tickets went on sale, the ga number was at 1.
now it's at 47, meaning they've sold a few thousand passes.

C DUB YA
01-29-2007, 02:02 PM
So you are saying they've sold 47,000 passes?

That would be very IMPRESSIVE, and hard to believe at this early stage.

ghettojournalist
01-29-2007, 02:05 PM
i don't think it's 1000 per ga.
i think it's in the 300-500 per ga mark.
still quite a number of tickets already gone.

C DUB YA
01-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Oh I'm sure - GV had a nice selling strategy this year.

raultragedy
01-29-2007, 06:32 PM
i used to work as a CSR for ticketmaster a couple years back, pretty much the break down is this GAXX is the row number, your individual ticket will have a specific seat number. Although their is a correlation with the number and the amount of tickets sold, its not safe to assume they are sold out based on that number. The reason is because it is simply to help the CSR locate specific tickets when people want to try and get a refund or swap their tickets, etc. If i can remember correctly each GA row holds about 50 seats, and after a certain number it restarts at GA1....lol just realized this might not really matter but i hope it helps someone

suprefan
01-29-2007, 06:52 PM
i don't think it's 1000 per ga.
i think it's in the 300-500 per ga mark.
still quite a number of tickets already gone.

Yeah but Sunday single days were like GA 127 or something... Do the math...

i used to work as a CSR for ticketmaster a couple years back, pretty much the break down is this GAXX is the row number, your individual ticket will have a specific seat number. Although their is a correlation with the number and the amount of tickets sold, its not safe to assume they are sold out based on that number. The reason is because it is simply to help the CSR locate specific tickets when people want to try and get a refund or swap their tickets, etc. If i can remember correctly each GA row holds about 50 seats, and after a certain number it restarts at GA1....lol just realized this might not really matter but i hope it helps someone

I think its 100... I have had a ticket say GA2 then seat 95 or whatever after..

C DUB YA
01-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Its safe to assume you can't read those numbers unless you really know whats what.

psychic friend
01-29-2007, 07:56 PM
haha, ya, and why does it matter? If you have tickets great, if you don't, buy some. end of story.

Mystagogue
01-29-2007, 08:00 PM
haha, ya, and why does it matter? If you have tickets great, if you don't, buy some. end of story.

I think it matters to some people because it's going to take them awhile to get that kind of money together.

suprefan
01-29-2007, 08:02 PM
I think it matters to some people because it's going to take them awhile to get that kind of money together.

Very true, how many people have been asking/complaining over price? Quite a bit...

Mystagogue
01-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah. I'm lucky in that I can afford the 3-day pass and also passes for my brother and sister...but I'm looking at almost $900 right there.

If I was younger and not as established, even buying one 3-day pass would be a big investment and something I'd have to save up for. I think their concerns about tickets selling out are justified.

psychic friend
01-29-2007, 08:07 PM
people have had months to potentially save up.

suprefan
01-29-2007, 08:09 PM
people have had months to potentially save up.

The KROQ audience in general finds out about these things when it gets announced and not really beforehand. Even with the build up it freaked people out. "OMG RAGE!! How come I didnt know!?!?" thats what people are thinking... Yeah most of us veterans have our saving strategies but with people just spending and not saving they get pissed when they see a 3 day pass cost almost $300, but wont hesitate to bid for tickets on e bay... Society is puzzling sometimes..

rebeldread
01-29-2007, 08:12 PM
so we're saving up because we're supposed to spend $300 on one weekend? most people can't afford that.

psychic friend
01-29-2007, 08:13 PM
ok so most people wont go i guess. it will be an empty festival.

rebeldread
01-29-2007, 08:16 PM
oh i'm sure lots of people will spend it...either their parent's money or just because they have no other responsibilities or they're just well off. kinda limits who will be able to go and who won't, doesn't it?

GV could have made this event more accessible. they decided to go with more money. good for them. $$$

psychic friend
01-29-2007, 08:17 PM
they decided to go with a 3rd day, sorry.

arbouler
01-29-2007, 08:17 PM
ok so most people wont go i guess. it will be an empty festival.

except on sunday

vinylmartyr
01-29-2007, 08:20 PM
and sat

rebeldread
01-29-2007, 08:20 PM
the 3rd day isn't the problem. the way they made tickets availble is.

Barbara, the ninja
01-29-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm using all my job earnings for the three days. 2 of my friends got jobs just for Coachella too, lol. I fronted the money for their tickets and they're gonna pay me later. Friendship, dude! But yeah, 300 is like the Nintendo Wii. That's a lot of money :(

psychic friend
01-29-2007, 08:23 PM
i hear violins

C DUB YA
01-29-2007, 08:45 PM
The KROQ audience in general finds out about these things when it gets announced and not really beforehand. Even with the build up it freaked people out. "OMG RAGE!! How come I didnt know!?!?" thats what people are thinking... Yeah most of us veterans have our saving strategies but with people just spending and not saving they get pissed when they see a 3 day pass cost almost $300, but wont hesitate to bid for tickets on e bay... Society is puzzling sometimes..

Right

us vets know Coachella is worth going every year - so we save for it, no matter whose has or has NOT been announced to play. Technically you can start saving the moment you get back home from it. That's why we speculate so much on this board, that's why we book our hotels in October.

We can't help it if most RAGE fans are too caught up in their band, that they don't look past the angst and see that Coachella is the real deal every year, with or without RATM.

SWEETSHIVERBURN
01-29-2007, 08:46 PM
oh i'm sure lots of people will spend it...either their parent's money or just because they have no other responsibilities or they're just well off. kinda limits who will be able to go and who won't, doesn't it?

GV could have made this event more accessible. they decided to go with more money. good for them. $$$

i have to go with Psychic Friend on this one...

So the big wide world is suppose to cater to everyone at every given moment?
The biggest bitchers on the board are the RAGE FANS. Why do i say that?? They are the ones driving the sunday tixs and now the three day passes.

Those who go to coachella for coachella.. have been saving since last year or so. why? cause thats what they do when they want to do something and they know it costs a lot of money and that dont have a huge paying job or mom and dad to pay for it. Things cost alot of money. Bands demand a lot of money. Hell i paid $100 to see only two bands in Vegas( good bands though) And here i get 10 times or more . Woohooo!!!!!!

I am using my tax return cause a responsible adult, i worked hard through the year and paid for my kids and for myself.. and you know what... i get to see rage and alot of other cool bands.

Like its been said before , you dont like how its been handeled, either email GV or dont go. Its simple. But quite rehashing and bitching about the same thing over and over. There either will be tixs or there wont be. The board keeps everyone pretty informed.

if your really worried and you really want to go..i say ask a family memember or friend to put it on their card and pay them back ASAP. It is really the best way.

I know i sound harsh.. but its time to stop pointing fingers.. grow up, accept that some of you wont be going... i am sorry. I wish i could record the rage concert for those who can't go( i am sure a copy will pop up on dimeadozen the day after...)

But then again... maybe its a sign they will regroup if they feel a good vibe. Then everyone wins.

where's the love ppl??????

SWEETSHIVERBURN
01-29-2007, 08:56 PM
BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT!

I HATE when people rag on GV about the price of Coachella. You obviously haven't been. This festival is so well run its sick. The line-up is ALWAYS GOOD, ALWAYS! If you take last year's prices, the 3 day pass actually made the per day price go down!

Did I mention the fucking line-up?

How accessible does it need to be for you? What price is fair? $85-95 bucks a day is pretty damn fair if you ask me, and I went to Coachella when I didn't have money (1999). Let's be frank, we are not talking about the Pitchfork Festival here (also fun I might add). Coachella gives you what, 10-12 bands per day that you wanna see, even to the most severe of music snobs that's incredible. In fact there's too many, you'll end up missing some. So do the math, pick out the bands you want to see at Coachella, how much would it cost to go see each one of them ---- thought so.

So come on Mr. promoter, tell how you get such a kick ass festival cheaper? Tell me, and I'll front the money and you can start your own one up.

Ass.

AMEN SISTER/BROTHER!!!!!!

As a said music snob.... i piddle every year the line up is announced. I almost fainted at this years...and Rage wasnt even factored in( that was a bonus for my small group)

C DUB YA
01-29-2007, 08:56 PM

I HATE when people rag on GV about the price of Coachella. You obviously haven't been. This festival is so well run its sick. The line-up is ALWAYS GOOD, ALWAYS! If you take last year's prices, the 3 day pass actually made the per day price go down!

How accessible does it need to be for you? What price is fair? $85-95 bucks a day is pretty damn fair if you ask me, and I went to Coachella when I didn't have money (1999). Let's be frank, we are not talking about the Pitchfork Festival here (also fun I might add). Coachella gives you what, 10-12 bands per day that you wanna see, even to the most severe of music snobs that's incredible. In fact there's too many, you'll end up missing some. So do the math, pick out the bands you want to see at Coachella, how much would it cost to go see each one of them ---- thought so.

So come on Mr. promoter, tell how you get such a kick ass festival cheaper? Tell me, and I'll front the money and you can start your own one up.

Ass.

C DUB YA
01-29-2007, 09:01 PM
AMEN SISTER/BROTHER!!!!!!

As a said music snob.... i piddle every year the line up is announced. I almost fainted at this years...and Rage wasnt even factored in( that was a bonus for my small group)

Me too.

I prolly won't see Rage, but who knows? I do like them. It depends what's on against them. Like every year, its how crazy good this festival can be and the choices the set times force you into.

SWEETSHIVERBURN
01-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Me too.

I prolly won't see Rage, but who knows? I do like them. It depends what's on against them. Like every year, its how crazy good this festival can be and the choices the set times force you into.

Thats the difference between us and THEM>>^^^<<

I remember not which way to run at times to catch who i wanted because of the over lapping.

if its the happy mondays vs Rage... sorry , seen Rage back in the "rage days".. Its mondays all the way.

psychic friend
01-29-2007, 09:07 PM
they're fun live. I have seen them many times. by fun i mean drunken, off key, etc. but i love them.

C DUB YA
01-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Thats funny you say that - I'm listening to them right now - saying to myself, I'm going to see THE MONDAYS no matter what, because I haven't.

C DUB YA
01-29-2007, 09:10 PM
24 Hour Party People then!

devilray223
01-29-2007, 11:02 PM
psychic friend is right. I am a huge RATM fan, have been when I was in college back in the day. And when I heard they were coming to coachella I flipped out. Haven't been to the festival before, but not because of poor line ups...they were good...just couldn't afford it. This year, Rage and well the supporting cast which will probably trump RATM musically, but doubtfully emotionally for the thousands of RATM fans that have waited a long time to hear them again, the supporting cast is an awesome line up, come on Bjork and Sonic Youth and Arctic Monkeys on Friday...that's a pretty amazing line up.

So It's not that you're paying close to 300 for a RATM show, no, you're paying 300 to go to an awesome festival.

theaenimatool
01-29-2007, 11:13 PM
i hear violins

hahahaha

Method_man77
01-29-2007, 11:15 PM
psychic friend is right. I am a huge RATM fan, have been when I was in college back in the day. And when I heard they were coming to coachella I flipped out. Haven't been to the festival before, but not because of poor line ups...they were good...just couldn't afford it. This year, Rage and well the supporting cast which will probably trump RATM musically, but doubtfully emotionally for the thousands of RATM fans that have waited a long time to hear them again, the supporting cast is an awesome line up, come on Bjork and Sonic Youth and Arctic Monkeys on Friday...that's a pretty amazing line up.

So It's not that you're paying close to 300 for a RATM show, no, you're paying 300 to go to an awesome festival.

I paid 300 to see rage, period.

Boourns
01-29-2007, 11:20 PM
I had more than enough money for a ticket, but a family emergency came up and now I won't have that money back for a few weeks, and I don't get paid again until the 16th, so I'm rather freaking out. These extremely limited Sunday tickets have created an inflated interest thanks to selling out so fast, so now everyone's rushing to buy up all the three-day passes, only to get all their money back by selling the Sunday ticket. Time to kill myself.

theaenimatool
01-29-2007, 11:21 PM
yeah if you complain, go fuck yourself. best festival on fucking EARTH. every year. period. worth every penny for the 3 day pass.

Boourns
01-29-2007, 11:48 PM
No way, nothing will ever top Woodstock 99. Every rap(e)/rock band in the world in one weekend and $10 water? SWEEEEEET!

C DUB YA
01-30-2007, 06:01 AM
I paid 300 to see rage, period.

That's fine, but also a little silly to say.

GAMBLAHOLIC
01-30-2007, 08:44 AM
My guess is 3 day passes sell out in about 1 month or less, if not by festival goers, then by brokers who will buy up all the tics so they can charge $500 for single sunday tics. This RATM show will be by far the biggest show to ever hit Coachella...and by biggest I mean most in demand.

and now that one day saturday tics are sold out, brokers will be able to charge at least face value for those.....and along with sunday tics the brokers already make their money back (estimate $200 per sunday tic as of now) and still have friday tics left over.

scoop49er
01-30-2007, 08:51 AM
for me im in sacramento and ive wanted to come to coachella since the first one was announced because ive always been fascinated with the europe festivals and this is as close as it gets. coachella is now its own thing and we made it a point to go this year even before rage was announced. this is our spring vacation and its gonna be amazing. there is nothing like all day festival. it can wear u down if u dont pace yourself and 3 days is a first for me, but im ready for it! its gonna be great being able to discover new bands u know?

elChurro
01-30-2007, 11:43 AM
booo goldenvoice... you guys sucketh hard these days. may a moist warm horse turd be all that you make from stagecoach.

SnowShoe
01-30-2007, 11:52 AM
booo goldenvoice... you guys sucketh hard these days. may a moist warm horse turd be all that you make from stagecoach.

I don't wish harm on Goldenvoice - I praise them for creating Coachella.

However, has anyone seen the message board for Stagecoach? Talk about whiners... they were all freaking out about re-entry, so it looks like they chanaged the rules to allow people to go back-and-forth thru the front gate. Lots of folks who have no idea whata festival is all about.

Also, when we have 300 people on the Coachella message board, they have 10.

I am gonna guess that Stagecoach will, indeed, lay a turd.

Montius
01-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Saturday tickets are now going for about $125 on ebay. Sunday tickets are between $200 and $250.

This is only a few days after they sold out, these prices are going to skyrocket.

elChurro
01-30-2007, 12:02 PM
gotta love how everyone abuses music these days... the record companies, the artists, concert promoters, ticket scalpers (including tickemaster) and so on...

fuck it, im gonna stop buying music and steal it like everyone else from now on.

C DUB YA
01-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Saturday tickets are now going for about $125 on ebay. Sunday tickets are between $200 and $250.

This is only a few days after they sold out, these prices are going to skyrocket.

There is a limit to how much people are willing to fork out. I don't see the much talked about $500 levels for Sunday tiks, ever happening.

Montius
01-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Suppose the show sells out completely. Don't you think there's going to a bit of demand solely for Rage. Unless they announce a follow up tour, I expect you'd be able to find people willing to pay over $500 for a ticket to see them.

Christ, people were paying $250 two days after. I even saw one go for $450 (haha, sucker). I'm not saying that the rest of the festival isn't worth while, I just think that under the right circumstances, people are going to be going apeshit over those tickets.

longbeach90803
01-30-2007, 04:28 PM
i know a guy in vegas that works out deals with the casinos to purchase tix for hard to get gigs. they give him an insane budget to work with. snatched up radiohead tix the last time they played coachella. two weeks before the show he contacted sellers on ebay. remember, radiohead didn't sell out until april i believe. paid up to 1k for them. it is not unreasonable for these to go that high at some point. everything else ppl have posted on here..i.e. "saturday won't sell out until april" hasn't held water. once the 3-day sells out all hell is gonna break loose. 7 years is a long time for desparate rage fans

C DUB YA
01-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Suppose the show sells out completely. Don't you think there's going to a bit of demand solely for Rage. Unless they announce a follow up tour, I expect you'd be able to find people willing to pay over $500 for a ticket to see them.

Christ, people were paying $250 two days after. I even saw one go for $450 (haha, sucker). I'm not saying that the rest of the festival isn't worth while, I just think that under the right circumstances, people are going to be going apeshit over those tickets.

Ok, RAGE fans - the price is always going to be offset by how much a scalper can offer the 3 day, therefore keeping the Sunday ticket under $500, until the 3 days sell out. Even then the 3 day price will help dictate the going rate.

If everything sells out and a 3 days pass becomes $500 (WTF?), there's no way people (unless they are stupid) will pay $700 for Sunday only, ain't going to happen. If that's not the case, then RAGE fans are the wealthiest and most stupid fans on the planet.

durrrrrrrrdee
01-30-2007, 06:59 PM
checked ebay, saw 1 sunday tickets going for $400.

LAME.

just buy the whole weekend, duhhhh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coachella-2007-Sunday-Ticket-Rage-Against-The-Machine_W0QQitemZ260080342288QQihZ016QQcategoryZ16 122QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

take2andpass
01-30-2007, 09:59 PM
so....when does everyone thiink the 3 day passes will sell out,........i wont have the money for 3 sets of 3 day passes until the 15th of feb...am i screwed or what?

C DUB YA
01-30-2007, 10:02 PM
My guess is you will make it, but it could be close, who knows - PF should give fair warning to the board when that time arrives

What say you PF? Will a warning be issued for the board?

Jumala
01-30-2007, 10:14 PM

Ass.

Well Run? Yeah ok. But it would be nice if you didn't have to spend $8 per beer and drink it like an animal in a cage. Why can't you walk around with a beer? That kind of restriction just promotes parking lot kegs and smuggled flasks...

napaquetzalli
01-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Yeah. I'm lucky in that I can afford the 3-day pass and also passes for my brother and sister...but I'm looking at almost $900 right there.

If I was younger and not as established, even buying one 3-day pass would be a big investment and something I'd have to save up for. I think their concerns about tickets selling out are justified.
that's my life story right there. i'm frantically selling my cello on craigslist and i'm panicking hardcore over tickets selling out.

tessalasset
01-30-2007, 11:07 PM
C DUB/Cary, I just want to thank you for joining this board and being fucking awesome. You are like a breath of fresh air on here. I hope you stay for the off-season as well. You, too, SWEETSHIVERBURN.

C DUB YA
01-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Welcome - welcome.

I will do my best to stay on after the fact. The big difference being, I have a 4-week old now, and he is taking a ton of my time. But I make sacrifices in the name of good music and good times! Plus, he'll thank me later when he gets my cd collection.

Believe it or not.

tessalasset
01-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Yablo can teach you all about good parenting on here.

C DUB YA
01-31-2007, 12:02 AM
I look for it then.

Its is a bigger job, than what i prepared myself for, but he rocks, so all is well.

BTW
the 4 week old loves him some Radiohead and Bjork, must be all the elcetronic bleeps and chimes.

matsuolost
01-31-2007, 12:47 AM
i hope they dont sell out until after the 9th
or 10th
no 11th would be more secure

Good Days Last
01-31-2007, 12:50 AM
Man. Everything I learned about Coachella in the few weeks I've been here...

it's all out the window now.

The way tickets have sold out... this is absolutely crazy.

McFearless
01-31-2007, 02:02 AM
Dude, 300 is a small price to pay for a kick ass weekend.
I wanted to go last year and it didn't work out. This year the line up appeals to me more and I am making it a priority to go.
I hate the fact that I have to go back to work during school but I don't care cause I know three days of music and a sunburn later I am gonna love it and not regret a minute.
I am pretty adament in saying that I WILL NOT be watching Rage. At all. Not even gonna take a peak. Just this hype pisses me off and I figure it will hopefully leave a side stage open and I can find a new favorite band somewhere.

amyzzz
01-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Yablo can teach you all about good parenting on here.

CDUB, I can give you pointers too. I have 2 little girls and went through all the craziness you're going through now. It gets easier once they walk and talk and are potty-trained. I love them like crazy.

And yeah, I hope the 3-day pass won't sell out for several more weeks.

thaipod
01-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Well Run? Yeah ok. But it would be nice if you didn't have to spend $8 per beer and drink it like an animal in a cage. Why can't you walk around with a beer? That kind of restriction just promotes parking lot kegs and smuggled flasks...

beacuse then the festival would have to be 21 and over rather than all ages.

C DUB YA
01-31-2007, 10:24 AM
CDUB, I can give you pointers too. I have 2 little girls and went through all the craziness you're going through now. It gets easier once they walk and talk and are potty-trained. I love them like crazy.

And yeah, I hope the 3-day pass won't sell out for several more weeks.

Awesome - I am crossing my fingers for you then.

ghettojournalist
01-31-2007, 10:26 AM
they better not sell out.
i have to wait a few weeks for money.

tessalasset
01-31-2007, 11:16 AM
I was more making a jab at Yabs than actually pushing his parenting skills on Cary. Yabs spends so much time on the board that he actually could have wavered into indifferent/distracted parenting (like my dad has done), but he embraced the board instead of being ashamed of it, and introduced his wife and kids to it, and made them a part of our little board lives. He shows us all the cool rugged outdoor things he does with them so we know he's not a slacker dad in the least. He is quite the well-rounded individual. Yabs this was a compliment so I hope it doesn't sound different.

SFChrissy
01-31-2007, 11:32 AM
bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch...

I'm soo glad my previous years taught me the lesson of preperation...

Coachella...I'm going regardless of waht the lineup is...

but what happened to the art last year...didn't seem like there was much???

momof5
01-31-2007, 03:10 PM
I ordered two tickets on the pre-pre-sale for $199 before the line-up was announced! and then more tickets on the pre sale (for the rest of my kids) It is a lot of money but so worth it! We trust Goldenvoice to get great musical talent. We have gone every year and stay in nice hotels so the ticket price is not the worst of the expense! We consider Coachella our Spring Vacation so I guess we are lucky we can do it!

tessalasset
01-31-2007, 03:20 PM
i wish i had a mom like you.