PDA

View Full Version : The Scalpers are ALREADY at it...!

tripcalifornia
01-25-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm physically ILL over this!!! Just did an ebay check to see how bad the greed would be for people taking advantage of the pre-sale. Disgusted - fuckin' SLIME!

Karma may take her sweet time :)

luckyface
01-25-2008, 12:56 AM
Not a big deal. Unless a few major additions come through, the festival should not sell out. The scalpers are going to get fleeced this year.

mvanwinkle
01-25-2008, 12:59 AM
ya fucking idiot scalpers no worries

orbit
01-25-2008, 01:00 AM
I wonder if people will bid on those overpriced auctions, even when the festival is not sold out.

Courtney
01-25-2008, 01:03 AM
Not a big deal. Unless a few major additions come through, the festival should not sell out. The scalpers are going to get fleeced this year.

I agree.

rage patton
01-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Coachella will not sell out this year...

that is until a week or two before the festival when Roger Waters name drops off the poster and is replaced by Pink Floyd.
It makes sense. That way, all the fans of the rest of the line up get thier tickets first. Then, just before the festival, change it to Pink Floyd to sell more tickets. GV are smart. They know what they are doing.

tripcalifornia
01-25-2008, 01:08 AM
I wonder if people will bid on those overpriced auctions, even when the festival is not sold out.

Last year there was someone selling a 3day pass to Coachella in MAY, AND the person had the DATE of the event listed as being held at the END of may. THERE WERE BIDS ON IT! I don't know who would pay that kind of money for an event like this and not even know enough about it to KNOW IT JUST ENDED!!! Oh well, guess some people learn the hard way.

I don't think this year will sell out either. But it might later on if there are any big changes like we've seen in the past.

BeeII
01-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Last year there was someone selling a 3day pass to Coachella in MAY, AND the person had the DATE of the event listed as being held at the END of may. THERE WERE BIDS ON IT! I don't know who would pay that kind of money for an event like this and not even know enough about it to KNOW IT JUST ENDED!!! Oh well, guess some people learn the hard way.

I don't think this year will sell out either. But it might later on if there are any big changes like we've seen in the past.

***writing a note to save coachella tickets and put on eBay when I get back from indio.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Coachella will not sell out this year...

that is until a week or two before the festival when Roger Waters name drops off the poster and is replaced by Pink Floyd.
It makes sense. That way, all the fans of the rest of the line up get thier tickets first. Then, just before the festival, change it to Pink Floyd to sell more tickets. GV are smart. They know what they are doing.

that would be fucking sweet....I had a nightmare or 2 before the line up was announced with pink floyd headlining and tickets selling out before i got them :(

rage patton
01-25-2008, 09:35 AM
that would be fucking sweet....I had a nightmare or 2 before the line up was announced with pink floyd headlining and tickets selling out before i got them :(

My point exactly! If they anounce Pink Floyd is headlining extremely close to the festival, it will cut down MAJOR on scalping. Because we all know the second Pink Floyd was anounced, tickets would sell out.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-25-2008, 09:45 AM
My point exactly! If they anounce Pink Floyd is headlining extremely close to the festival, it will cut down MAJOR on scalping. Because we all know the second Pink Floyd was anounced, tickets would sell out.

true, true....the bad part about this, is that it's just getting my hopes up...I should accept that it is just going to be Roger and that's it...

Tylerdurden31
01-25-2008, 11:12 AM
are any of them Delta?

faxman75
01-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Who gives a fuck what people are selling tickets on ebay for?

I sure as fuck don't. If someone wants to be extra, it's their choice. You people act like scalpers are holding a knife to your throat to pay for the events.

tripcalifornia
01-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Who gives a fuck what people are selling tickets on ebay for?

I sure as fuck don't. If someone wants to be extra, it's their choice. You people act like scalpers are holding a knife to your throat to pay for the events.

It's not a big deal until or unless it's sold out. I think it's wrong when something sells out SPECIFICALLY DUE to scalpers sweeping up mass amounts of tickets the second a popular event opens. When many scalpers do this at once, it can sell out the show prematurely and jack up the prices to an unaffordable price. Then no, no ones holding a knife to my throat to buy the ticket, I just simply can't buy the ticket at all :(

thelastgreatman
01-25-2008, 02:05 PM
It's not a big deal until or unless it's sold out. I think it's wrong when something sells out SPECIFICALLY DUE to scalpers sweeping up mass amounts of tickets the second a popular event opens. When many scalpers do this at once, it can sell out the show prematurely and jack up the prices to an unaffordable price. Then no, no ones holding a knife to my throat to buy the ticket, I just simply can't buy the ticket at all :(

This is almost never the case. Many of us think it is, but it isn't. search for threads about ticket scalping, there was a study conducted by a couple of Stanford economists that broke down the secondary ticket market and even the most desirable shows usually only garner at best 10% resold tickets.

tripcalifornia
01-25-2008, 05:33 PM
This is almost never the case. Many of us think it is, but it isn't. search for threads about ticket scalping, there was a study conducted by a couple of Stanford economists that broke down the secondary ticket market and even the most desirable shows usually only garner at best 10% resold tickets.

Interesting. I'm actually really glad to hear that. :)

suprefan
01-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Interesting. I'm actually really glad to hear that. :)

He works for a ticket agency, he would know.

thelastgreatman
01-25-2008, 06:18 PM
He works for a ticket agency, he would know.

Worked for a ticket agency. And even we never took free tickets we won in a Goldenvoice contest and then tried scalping them in full view of the box office workers at The El Rey who'd just given them to us, unlike some chubby Guatemalan dorks on this board.

Tijuana
01-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Caveat emptor my friends. I takes 2 for a scalper to make it. One is tha scalper and 2 is the fucking idiot who pays the price the scapler is asking.

bakersfield
01-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Caveat emptor my friends. I takes 2 for a scalper to make it. One is tha scalper and 2 is the fucking idiot who pays the price the scapler is asking.

It is supply & demand and they fill a need in our capitalistic society.
I just hate the crooked ones that sell fake or already used tickets.
There is more & more of that going on, so it is always wise to buy from a scalper/broker that is recommended & stands behind his sale to you (not just a random dude you see on the corner).
I have a guy that I use when I need Suns tickets or when I want to dump some of my Cardinals tickets.
He even got me my Coachella tix last year.
He says the big events really draw the crooks from all over the US...so buyer beware!

rage patton
01-26-2008, 01:19 AM
true, true....the bad part about this, is that it's just getting my hopes up...I should accept that it is just going to be Roger and that's it...

Haha yeah... I know... It's gonna be like the inevitable disapointment I set myself up for when Maynard didn't hit the stage when Rage played Know Your Enemy.
Nah, this whole Pink Floyd business is much to unrealistic. If it did happen, that would be beyond amazing. But its likely not. Roger Waters is still going to be amazing.
Damn, I just noticed you quoted me too haha. Oh well. If it happens. Yeah! If it doesn't... meh.

C DUB YA
01-27-2008, 08:49 AM
scalping is scalping and it sucks whether its a ticket agency or not.