PDA

View Full Version : I Didn't Buy An Advanced Sale Ticket...

wstsidela
01-24-2008, 11:16 PM
... because I'm still on the fence.

It won't be an instant sell-out and I need more time to decide, I might even pass this year.

I haven't missed a show in six years but let's just say I'm underwhelmed with this year's line-up.

Is anyone else waiting? Why?

matildawong
01-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah. Sigh. My usual Coachella partners aren't going to make the trip from the east coast this year, partly because of the line-up and partly because of money.

I admit I was underwhelmed with the line-up, and money is tight so I thought I was OK with passing this year. But I have been going through and checking out the many unknown (to me) acts and looking at board members' band suggestions. Now I'm starting to get anxious because I'm finding some good stuff and I do want to go this year!

Yeah. That was a long-winded way to say that I'm on the fence. heh.

humanoid
01-24-2008, 11:50 PM
I work in the housing industry, and my business is dead right now, so I'm broke...and have been considering skipping it due to that....but, I've been every day of every Coachella so far...so I'm finding a way to make it happen...just have to.....and I have no idea who I'm going with this year, but I know itll all come together

emtgreg
01-25-2008, 10:40 AM
im with humanoid...well, i havent gone to every day of every coach...thats pretty legit...i am waiting to see about the VIP onsite stuff before buying tickets...

but then again, my job is not dependent on the economy...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-25-2008, 10:43 AM
im with humanoid...well, i havent gone to every day of every coach...thats pretty legit...i am waiting to see about the VIP onsite stuff before buying tickets...

but then again, my job is not dependent on the economy...

what do you do?

whynotsmile99
01-25-2008, 10:52 AM
i was just about to. I had 5 minutes to myself, logged onto Ticketmater, got the tickets and didn't hit confirm. I probably should have, i'm sure i'll end up going but that $ 580 cost of two tickets just scared the shit out of me.

guess i'll wait a bit talk to some friends. probably end up getting em from Glasshouse by that nice person on the board willing to buy some for us on the board

noisemachine
01-25-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm so pissed. For some reason I had it in my mind that the pre-sale was today (Friday) and the regular sale started tomorrow. Oh well, at least now I can save up a little bit longer before having to worry about buying them.

wstsidela
01-26-2008, 08:03 PM
I couldn't be a fair weather friend. I broke down and bought my 3-day tickets. Expensive little buggers. See ya guys there!! :thu

superfiction
01-26-2008, 10:56 PM
i bought my tix. having second thoughts. friend bought tix. hafta go. will have fun either way

shakermaker113
01-27-2008, 10:18 AM
my job is not dependent on the economy...

what do you do?

something tells me he might be an emt.

lunajd
01-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Me and my friend made a pact if portishead ever came to the united states we will go see them no matter where they were. I had my tixs for saturdays show when they were perfoming and rite when i was gonna check out my computer shut off. When i got back on they were no longer selling the single day tixs. so i have been depressed since yesterday cuz now i cant get the tixs

pandaroo
01-27-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm so pissed. For some reason I had it in my mind that the pre-sale was today (Friday) and the regular sale started tomorrow. Oh well, at least now I can save up a little bit longer before having to worry about buying them.

dont worry. It was a whopping $20 discount

Mjfritts
01-27-2008, 02:15 PM
I need two Sunday tickets but I can't seem to be able to get them. What the hell!