PDA

View Full Version : Headliners that should have been!!

lediable76
01-24-2008, 02:49 PM
In light of the Jack Johnson disappointing addition to the bill...what happened to the following bands this year?

--Radiohead (they are playing the other one, so i guess)
--My Bloody Valentine (a lot of anticipation)
--Morrissey (he is still touring)
--Dave Gahan (new album)
--Interpol and the Arcade Fire...although they both played LY...they didn't headline
--Muse
--Hell...at this point...even the Killers are better headliners.

Regardless, I'm still going...there are actually plenty of excellent middle of the bill bands...like the National, Rilo K, Mark Ronson, Vhs or Beta, New Young Pony Club, Justice, Gogol Bordello, Sebastian, Kavinsky, Chromeo, Metric, Shout out louds.....,

I'm sorry but Jack Johnson just weakens the bill and tarnishes the Coachella brand...

Any thoughts??

PassiveTheory
01-24-2008, 02:50 PM
You forgot Spiritualized.

thelastgreatman
01-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Probably because Spiritualized sucks and aren't anywhere close to headliners.

miscorrections
01-24-2008, 02:53 PM
They're the opposite of suck, but agreed that they couldn't headline.

PassiveTheory
01-24-2008, 02:54 PM
*ahem*

Regardless, I'm still going...there are actually plenty of excellent middle of the bill bands...like the National, Rilo K, Mark Ronson, Vhs or Beta, New Young Pony Club, Justice, Gogol Bordello, Sebastian, Kavinsky, Chromeo, Metric, Shout out louds.....,

That's what I meant.

Also, Spiritualized rock, fuck you Randy.

faxman75
01-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Suggestion,

take all the whiny ' I wish this hipster band would have been there ' shit to another festivals board that hasn't announced its lineup yet.

Here, you are wasting your time. We have our three headliners. There, maybe someone will listen to you and give you Interpol, Morrisey and Radiohead. If Coachella gave me those three headliners, you wouldn't see me in here crying over the lack of Waters and Portishead, you would here me happy as fuck that I could take a shower with no lines about 11pm or rockin' out at another stage or dancing.

Get over the Jack Johnson bullshit.

lediable76
01-24-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm just saying...if you wanna see JJ...go right ahead...I for certain am NOT...but most everyone agrees that he is outta left field...hell from a different ball park all together..

i_like_cake530
01-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Spiritualized are one of the main reasons I'm going this year.

thelastgreatman
01-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Spiritualized suck shit. Corinna, as someone who has no interest in Portishead or Pink Floyd, you officially hate music, thus your opinion is discounted.

hypervera
01-24-2008, 03:55 PM
but if i like portishead, radiohead, the beatles and dont care about pink floyd, do i hate music?

thelastgreatman
01-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Yes.

hypervera
01-24-2008, 04:03 PM
:thu cool

thelastgreatman
01-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Not cool. You suck. For someone who's constantly extolling the virtues of British music, you sure don't know shit.

hypervera
01-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Not cool. You suck. For someone who's constantly extolling the virtues of British music, you sure don't know shit.

i know what they´ve done and i respect them but i dont care thats all. and thanks for remember me im important to you :rotfl and if i suck you wouldnt answer to me. but dont worry ill go for the verve!! yeah a great british band:thu

thelastgreatman
01-24-2008, 04:23 PM
I answer all kinds of people who suck. I feel it's important that you keep being reminded you suck in case it ever happens to somehow sink through your thick skull and perhaps cause you to make an effort not to suck. The Verve are fucking wankers, we're talking about the co-title holders for best band ever here, hobag.

hypervera
01-24-2008, 04:29 PM
I answer all kinds of people who suck. I feel it's important that you keep being reminded you suck in case it ever happens to somehow sink through your thick skull and perhaps cause you to make an effort not to suck. The Verve are fucking wankers, we're talking about the co-title holders for best band ever here, hobag.

ahaha you are just an idiot with a lot of traumas, johnny football hero kicked your ass everyday when you were in high school and here is the only place where you can feel you are important. and the verve is an excellent band, and the best band ever is the beatles. :)

Ritestyl
01-24-2008, 04:35 PM

you=joke

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-24-2008, 05:13 PM
--My Bloody Valentine (a lot of anticipation)
--Morrissey (he is still touring)
--Dave Gahan (new album)
--Muse
--Hell...at this point...even the Killers are better headliners.

I edited down your list...but I still think Jack Johnson is the worst headliner ever in Coachella history....ever....

orbit
01-24-2008, 05:15 PM
I was expecting Oasis or Smashing Pumpkins. Not that I like them, but they sounded likely to be there.

The main question is.. What festival will get My Bloody Valentine?

hypervera
01-24-2008, 05:16 PM
I edited down your list...but I still think Jack Johnson is the worst headliner ever in Coachella history....ever....

i agree

the killers>jack johnson

hypervera
01-24-2008, 05:17 PM
I was expecting Oasis or Smashing Pumpkins. Not that I like them, but they sounded likely to be there.

maybe the east festival all points...balblabla

Memorial_07
01-24-2008, 06:55 PM
I certainly thought this would be Smashing Pumpkin's year.

Dave Gravy
01-24-2008, 06:57 PM

It doesn't matter. They're supposedly gonna tour the U.S.

woogie846
01-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Dave Gahn??

I would be so pissed off if Dave Gahn headlined.

Boourns
01-24-2008, 07:13 PM
I was just watching that R.E.M. concert on directv...sigh