PDA

View Full Version : Can we just agree that this year's line-up sucks ass?

Mark Burbey
01-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Really, where are bands and artists on a par with last year's Arcade Fire, Placebo, VNV Nation, Rufus Wainwright (he was sooooo good!), Bjork, Willie Nelson, Fields, Interpol, etc etc etc?

Aside from a few decent bands, the only draw this year is the wonderfully hot weather.

Sad, sad, sad.

betao
01-24-2008, 01:01 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/funnyshit.jpg

paulb
01-24-2008, 01:02 PM
no, this lineup is fuckin excellent the more i stare at it...headliners, not so much...but there are gonna be big changes on this lineup i bet...

PassiveTheory
01-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Really, where are bands and artists on a par with last year's Arcade Fire, Placebo, VNV Nation, Rufus Wainwright (he was sooooo good!), Bjork, Willie Nelson, Fields, Interpol, etc etc etc?

Aside from a few decent bands, the only draw this year is the wonderfully hot weather.

Sad, sad, sad.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x299/DASQUIRRELMASTA/wrestling/thHBK.gif

mvanwinkle
01-24-2008, 01:05 PM
I have never seen any one motion a bong hit like that before passive.

PassiveTheory
01-24-2008, 01:05 PM
That's HBK for ya.

Cdubby
01-24-2008, 01:10 PM
the more i research, the more crowded my list of bands i really want to check out gets.....and i am scared of all the conflicts!

higgybaby23
01-24-2008, 01:11 PM
It's a great lineup, get over it.

Truta
01-24-2008, 01:11 PM

Sad, sad, sad.

Disagree. I also had the same impression when I first looked at the line up, but after checking out the bands, I think this Coachella is going to be awesome, definitely different than the other years, less crowded, less conflicts also (I only hope), it'll be an awesome experience, more surprises.

Plus even if you only like 5 bands per day, $90/5= $18?? That's a deal.

All I'm really missing is Chemical Brothers, but whata heck.....

SFChrissy
01-24-2008, 01:12 PM
NO!!!

tvisf
01-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Before the lineup was released I was 99% sure I'd go. Now after it's been released, I'm about 42.7% sure... so ya

paganman7
01-24-2008, 01:22 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/funnyshit.jpg

Can't...stop...laughing!!!!!!!!

GauchoGuy17
01-24-2008, 01:40 PM
The main difference between the subheadliners last year and this year is not in terms of quality.

Acts like Willie Nelson, Arcade Fire, Interpol etc are acts that you would have to pay >$30 to see on their own. They would probably be at mid-size to large venues.

This year's acts are the kind that you could see at the Ventura Theatre for $10. That isn't a knock on their quality. It's just the truth.

DeadSkin
01-24-2008, 01:51 PM
the more i research, the more crowded my list of bands i really want to check out gets.....and i am scared of all the conflicts!

I agree but I dont think that this line up garners a hike in ticket price its hiked up $15

marooko
01-24-2008, 02:12 PM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x299/DASQUIRRELMASTA/wrestling/thHBK.gif

that shit is funny.

M Sparks
01-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Where is this fucking Ventura Theater that only charges $10? (OK, probably in Ventura, but...)

Seriously, I haven't been to a show under $18 in years and years.

And I bet a Kraftwerk solo show costs a fortune.

rage patton
01-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Kraftwerk and Madness havent performed in the states in years.

Im guessing a Kraftwerk solo sho would probably alone be like... $60. Madness would probably cost you above $30 as well. So for just those two bands... thats $90.

Also, Roger Waters solo show, some tickets were upward of $100 for a single seat.

i_like_cake530
01-24-2008, 05:21 PM

Sad, sad, sad.

GV is genius. Not only is this line-up wonderful, but they were also able to figure out a way to exclude all the Mark Burbey's from the fest without actually telling them that they aren't invited.

roberto73
01-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Go away, Mark_Burbey. This boat sailed on Monday. You're three days late for whining.

kroqken
01-24-2008, 07:30 PM
I can live with the lineup. People get too damn preoccupied with the damn headliners.

Mark Burbey
01-25-2008, 01:08 PM
I don't care to go to see a line-up "I can live with." I'm not even that concerned about the headliners. Rufus Wainwright and Placebo weren't exactly headliners, but I couldn't wait to see them. I'm sure there are some great lesser-known bands on the list, but a festival like this should really whet the appetite, not stem it. And excuse me if I'm 3-days behind the times. I thought forums were for a open discussion. Apparently not.

greenplastic875
01-25-2008, 01:12 PM
I find that the more I research...the more I hate to find myself deciding on conflicts.

Oh...Mark Burbey, this is a very good lineup. I don't know what your appetite is..but this lineup is becoming more like a very good buffet.

evilmushroompie
01-25-2008, 01:15 PM
The only band you mentioned I like is Bjork, so no, I like this line-up much better.

picks up chair
01-25-2008, 04:04 PM
...I tried to find the "Arcade Fire, Placebo, VNV Nation, Rufus Wainwright (he was sooooo good!), Bjork, Willie Nelson, Fields, Interpol, etc etc etc?" -ish bands for this year, but ended up with about a fourth of the entire lineup. So I don't really have anything to add here except I disagree; it's an amazing lineup.

C DUB YA
01-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Its an ok line up - not the worst maybe...(maybe), but so so so far from the best.

Those who have been every year (yours truly) can tell you that it will be fun like any other Coachella, but for the money - the overall punch is not as impactful as past years - no biggie. This year sees many more lower tier and emerging acts - which is fine, because Coachella always has that - just not relied on it like 08 does. When My Morning Jacket is 3rd (3RD!?!?!) on the bill Sunday - you know something is just a tad off. And don't give me the longer Roger Waters set excuse either - that shouldn't figure in to it.

I understand the resolute defense of it though - I get it, those who plop down money to go wouldn't do anything but.

I have spoken.

MARIO ZAPATA
01-26-2008, 01:16 PM
THIS LIN-UP SUCK

instinct
01-29-2008, 03:48 PM
I think we pretty much all agree..

Memorial_07
01-29-2008, 06:00 PM
To some extent...

Trudeau
01-29-2008, 06:38 PM
It's a solid fucking line up. I'm excited.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-29-2008, 07:05 PM
this thread sucks hard....

Lurker_in_a_tree
01-29-2008, 07:11 PM
The lineup only sucks if you're too much of a pussy to investigate the bands you never heard of.

sbessiso
01-29-2008, 07:18 PM
The lineup only sucks if you're too much of a pussy to investigate the bands you never heard of.

here here!

SuperInuit
02-13-2008, 12:19 AM
....and if you do investigate the lineup and still don't like it, you simply have shit taste in music and you should stop bitching on these forums ya cunts!

hypervera
02-13-2008, 12:41 AM
boring. investigate the bands!!?? hahaha! all the coachellas before i never had to investigate anything, i used to choose like 8 bands per day but now its sad. when i was young the bands came to the people not the people to the bands. well ok its the new generation indie stuff etc etc :nono

SuperInuit
02-13-2008, 01:20 AM
im not saying i had to "investigate" the lineup. i already listned to most of the bands. i just feel sorry for the people who dont like the lineup

MonsoonSeason
02-13-2008, 03:46 AM
I think we pretty much all agree..

To some extent...

It's a solid fucking line up. I'm excited.

believe

hypervera
02-13-2008, 07:40 AM
im not saying i had to "investigate" the lineup. i already listned to most of the bands. i just feel sorry for the people who dont like the lineup

no you didnt investigate you are cool

boring. i wont investigate anything i dont care

boring. investigate the bands!!?? hahaha! all the coachellas before i never had to investigate anything, i used to choose like 8 bands per day but now its sad. when i was young the bands came to the people not the people to the bands. well ok its the new generation indie stuff etc etc :nono

morphous12
02-13-2008, 08:10 AM

Sad, sad, sad.

Clearly, not everyone feels the same way.

jonnypark
02-13-2008, 08:17 AM
The line up is pretty good on it's own,
It only looks bad when you compare it to other years

betao
02-13-2008, 08:35 AM
at first the line up was eh, so n so... but now that all of the other fests have revealed their lineups (bonnaroo, glasto headliners), the coachella lineup is ace..

nationocean
02-13-2008, 08:40 AM
i think coachella is the only one who got portishead. so i will give them that one tiny credit for doing that.

and to all the nice nazis out there. stfu and gbtw

SuperInuit
02-13-2008, 09:40 AM
boring. i wont investigate anything i dont care

cool man. have fun missing some great bands youve never heard of because you dont care to look them up

Sonicifyouwantit
02-13-2008, 11:32 AM

Sad, sad, sad.

you are about a month late on this post, I agree to disagree.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-13-2008, 11:33 AM
The line up is pretty good on it's own,
It only looks bad when you compare it to other years

that was the case with 2005 but I look back on it and it blends with all the others into one of the greatest weekends of the year

gmoneyak
02-13-2008, 11:35 AM

You're 23, you're still young dumbfuck.. Stop making the same argument over and over on this board and listen to some new shit..

Sonicifyouwantit
02-13-2008, 11:36 AM
If you are waiting for bands to come to you then you must just take whatever the radio feeds you. Try going to shows of bands you dont know, maybe you just read about. Those turn out to be really rewarding. I usually hit about 15 to 17 bands a day that way.