PDA

View Full Version : What Conflicts do you Fear for 2008

brando4n82
01-24-2008, 10:53 AM
there are a couple mild conflicts that might be a slight bummer if they happen, but i will go F*cking BAT SHIT! if Chromeo and Simian Mobile Disco conflict, it will seriosuly kill whatever High i am on at the time. does anyone see this happening?

What do YOU fear will conflict?

gratytrainridesagain
01-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Everything on Sunday, so many good acts rock and dance

rage patton
01-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Madness vs. Battles
Madness vs Fatboy Slim

Kraftwerk vs. Flogging Molly
Portishead vs. Flogging Molly

Gogol Bordello vs. Justice
Roger Waters vs. Justice
Roger Waters vs. Gogol Bordello

If ANY of these conflicts happen, I will tweak. Also, if any of the conflict above DO occur, I will choose the first band listed in the said conflict.

brando4n82
01-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Roger Waters and Justice will definately conflict. It's too bad, but i guess in the end, it all comes down to:

Howmany times do you get to see Dark Side of the Moon performed live in its entierty by a member of Floyd

It'll definatly depend on my mood.

F00FIGHTER20
01-24-2008, 11:13 AM
hope there isn't a conflict for the Verve and the Raconteurs on Friday

Boourns
01-24-2008, 11:20 AM
I imagine there will be a lot of down-time on the main stage before Roger Waters, because of the big stage show. 40 minutes were scheduled for Radiohead and they needed 45. It took the crew an hour to set up for Air on the outdoor theater last year for no reason save incompetence, but that's another story. Anyway, I hope there's a Jarvis/Madonna-like period of downtime, with Justice in the tent during this time, so people can get their dance on.

Friday? Fatboy Slim playing against a good mainstage act like Verve, Raconteurs, or Breeders instead of Hack Johnson.

Saturday? Any conflict between any combination of Islands or St. Vincent or Akron/Family or Rilo Kiley. Anyone vs Portishead or Kraftwerk will lose, so hopefully that's when some of the lamer acts will play the other stages.

Sunday? The previously mentioned hypothetical Justice vs Roger Waters conflict, Justice vs Spiritualized, or anyone I want to see vs Metric.

SecretPrescription
01-24-2008, 11:24 AM
am i the only one who thinks there could be a portishead vs kraftwerk conflict? i hope not

also justice vs waters vs spiritualized would suck really hard.

in fact, i'm bracing myself for having to miss justice, sadly.

brando4n82
01-24-2008, 11:27 AM
am i the only one who thinks there could be a portishead vs kraftwerk conflict? i hope not

also justice vs waters vs spiritualized would suck really hard.

in fact, i'm bracing myself for having to miss justice, sadly.

I've heard that Paul Tollett himeself said that Kraftwerk is playing the main stage so that shouldnt be a problem

betao
01-24-2008, 11:27 AM

it has been announced that kraftwerk will play the main stage.

plus, I dont think GV would be stupid enough to put them on at the same time.

... maybe ACL or even V-fest would find a way to do it though...

gratytrainridesagain
01-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Kraftwerk is on the main stage there won't be a Portishead conflict

SecretPrescription
01-24-2008, 11:35 AM
well that's good then.

that will be perfect.

TonyWonder
01-24-2008, 11:43 AM
... maybe ACL or even V-fest would find a way to do it though...

lol! ACL gives me fits every single damned year. Arcade Fire vs White Stripes was killing me last year until Meg crapped out and made it easy on all of us.

hypervera
01-24-2008, 11:48 AM

no problem both will play in the main stage

JSam67
01-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I most fear some form of the following for each day:

Friday: Raconteurs/Animal Collective/Verve
Saturday: Portishead or Kraftwerk/Hot Chip
Sunday: Gogol Bordello/Spiritualized/Justice/MMJ/Roger Waters

Sunday could absolutely own my blood pressure.

gratytrainridesagain
01-24-2008, 11:56 AM
I think/hope The Verve will get the sundown slot on Friday

Sexecutioner
01-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Gogol Bordello vs. Justice
Roger Waters vs. Justice

these are mine too.

Roger Waters and Justice will definately conflict.

dude, dont say definitely like its a fact (especially if you cant spell the word right). I agree that it is very likely they conflict, but nothing is for sure till that schedule comes out.

rage patton
01-24-2008, 12:03 PM
I have a feeling either M.I.A. and/or Hot Chip will conflict with either Portishead and/or Kraftwerk. Thank god for that. I would rather watch Jack Johnson then see M.I.A. or Hot Chip.

rage patton
01-24-2008, 12:06 PM

The mainstage on Friday will look like this

Raconteurs --> Verve --> Jack Johnson

I really hope Fatboy Slim doesnt conflict with Raconteurs or Verve though, that would suck a lot. If he conflicts with Jack Johnson, that would be perfect. That is... as long as Madness doesnt conflict with Fatboy Slim. I have a feeling Madness are going to conflict with Raconteurs and/or The Verve though. Madness>everyone though, so it doesn't really matter.

JSam67
01-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Rage, you have been hyping Madness all over the place since the lineup dropped. I guess I need to check them out.

paulb
01-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Justice vs Waters vs Gogol...that will HAVE to be the worst over the entire weekend.

Verve vs Fatboy Slim would suck....but hell, the schedule is months away from being real, so i wont worry until then.

somahead
01-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Fri: Fatboy Slim/Breeders

TonyWonder
01-24-2008, 01:00 PM
I would rather watch Jack Johnson then see M.I.A. or Hot Chip.

Not me.

higgybaby23
01-24-2008, 01:02 PM
In 2006 I was spoiled by having no conflicts. Last year I missed at least 10 acts because of bad scheduling. (Bjork vs. Gogol, I actually ducked out of Bjork to join my Gypsy brothers and sisters) This year I'm accepting that conflicts are part of the Coachella experience. I just hope that no major sacrifices need to be made. My worst fear would be an M.I.A. vs. Portishead/Kraftwerk conflict.

JSam67
01-24-2008, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=JSam67;429438]Friday: Raconteurs/Animal Collective/Verve/QUOTE]

Well now I see Animal Collective is on Saturday. And Man Man too. Saturday is shaping up to be really tough, and Sunday (with Man Man --> Sat and Les Savy Fav --> Fri) is really opening up a bunch of room on the poster...

kreutz2112
01-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Underworld VS The Verve.

quicksand
01-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Friday
Animal Collective, Battles, The National, and Fatboy Slim. They're all billed pretty high up, and if any of them conflict I'm gonna shit a brick.

Not worried about Saturday

Sunday
Justice and Roger Waters

M Sparks
01-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Madness vs. Battles

Don't worry Josh...I heard both Battles and Gogol are moving to Saturday, so neither one of those should be an issu...

Uh Oh. ;)

hypervera
01-24-2008, 03:25 PM
we wont have any problems to see fatboy slim, fatboy slim will play at the same time that jack johnson, so when the verve finished we can go to fatboy slim easily:thu

arya.
01-24-2008, 03:28 PM
The Verve And Fatboy Slim
MIA and Kraftwerk

PassiveTheory
01-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Friday:
Madness vs. The Breeders
The National vs. The Breeders
The National vs. Madness
Minus the Bear vs. Mum
Datarock vs. Minus the Bear

Saturday:
Death Cab for Cutie vs. Rilo Kiley
Portishead vs. Rilo Kiley
Kraftwerk vs. Rilo Kiley
DCfC vs. Hot Chip
Portishead vs. Hot Chip
Kraftwerk vs. Hot Chip
Cold War Kids vs. Islands

Sunday:
Spiritualized vs. Justice vs. Gogol Bordello
Roger Waters vs. Justice vs. Gogol Bordello
Spiritualized vs. Love and Rockets
Justice vs. Chromeo
Gogol Bordello vs. Chromeo
Justice vs. Gogol Bordello

drugks Gillespie
01-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Booka Shade vs. Roger Waters I fear. Can't miss Booka. Saw RW do DSOTM once already.

coldstart
01-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Kraftwerk vs. Sasha+Digweed. I just saw Sasha+Digweed on New Years though so I think Kraftwerk would win (who could resist robots?). Then again, Sasha+Digweed are in my top DJs.....

betao
01-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Jack Johnson VS having absolutely nothing else on the other stages.

betao
01-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Kraftwerk vs. Sasha+Digweed. I just saw Sasha+Digweed on New Years though so I think Kraftwerk would win (who could resist robots?). Then again, Sasha+Digweed are in my top DJs.....

this should be a no-brainer. You can see sasha/digweed alot more often than the legendary Kraftwerk.

hypervera
01-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Jack Johnson VS having absolutely nothing else on the other stages.

good one!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-24-2008, 04:59 PM
MIA vs. Portishead....PLEASE PUT MIA ON THE MAIN STAGE!!!

rage patton
01-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Don't worry Josh...I heard both Battles and Gogol are moving to Saturday, so neither one of those should be an issu...

Uh Oh. ;)

Not funny man! I still kinda hate Vegoose for that.Seriously. They are two of the best reviewed live acts of 2007... yet they are put against each other?
Ugh. GV wouldnt be dumb enough to make that conflict. I hope.

orbit
01-24-2008, 05:12 PM

Yeah, that looks like a very possible conflict.

Memorial_07
01-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Kraftwerk vs. TurboNegro (I can see this. Please don't happen)
Rilo Kiley vs. Kavinsky
Dredg vs. Kavinsky
Scars On Broadway vs. Rilo Kiley

Second day Is such a great day. Too many acts...I'm probably going to have to miss one or two.
:(

Dave Gravy
01-24-2008, 07:05 PM
JJ fans vs. JJ haters

woogie846
01-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Jack Johnson vs. a grapefruit spoon shoved up my ass

ADrunkPoet
01-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Justice vs Waters vs Gogol...that will HAVE to be the worst over the entire weekend.

Verve vs Fatboy Slim would suck....but hell, the schedule is months away from being real, so i wont worry until then.

Completely agree.

betao
01-24-2008, 07:44 PM
justice VS gogol bordello
kraftwerk VS hot chip
fatboy slim VS battles
booka shade VS gogol bordello
simian mobile disco VS gogol bordello
holy fuck VS gogol bordello
animal collective VS battles
animal collective VS fatboy slim
battles VS midnight juggernauts

garrett222
01-24-2008, 08:54 PM
should i buy a kraftwerk song/album? Or are they best served live and don't play well on cd?

garrett222
01-24-2008, 08:57 PM
justice vs roger waters!!!
Tegan and Sara vs (Rogue wave, Battles, Stars, Vampire weekend, the nationals...)

Omg..friday is full of conflict

alex97
01-24-2008, 11:40 PM
we wont have any problems to see fatboy slim, fatboy slim will play at the same time that jack johnson, so when the verve finished we can go to fatboy slim easily:thu

definitely hope so

**crosses fingers**

msklvr
01-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Not funny man! I still kinda hate Vegoose for that.Seriously. They are two of the best reviewed live acts of 2007... yet they are put against each other?
Ugh. GV wouldnt be dumb enough to make that conflict. I hope.

I heard that same thing, Msparks. It went over so well at Vegoose that they decided to but them both on the same day at the same time.

But seriously, if Gogol conflicts with Holy Fuck or Autolux, I'm out again. Five minutes of gypsy party for me.

Friday is looking to be the worst day of conflicts for me. It's like AM/PM. Too much good stuff. My must sees looking like Adam Freeman, Scroobius Pip, Modeselektor, BATTLES!!, MUM!!, FATBOYSLIM!!, The Raconteurs. I also have The Bees, The National, Madness, The Breeders, and The Verve on my list. I think I'll have like three of four wanting to shoot myself kinda conflicts. Or a lot of running.

alxmoore
01-25-2008, 02:25 AM
hi there,

n00b here.

wondering, how far is it between stages/tents etc.!?

and how long Realisticaly can you job inbetween the crowds to get to different stages/tents..

alex

PassiveTheory
01-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Kraftwerk vs. TurboNegro (I can see this. Please don't happen)
Rilo Kiley vs. Kavinsky
Dredg vs. Kavinsky
Scars On Broadway vs. Rilo Kiley

Second day Is such a great day. Too many acts...I'm probably going to have to miss one or two.
:(

I'll be at Dredg, for sure. =D

roberto73
01-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Man versus nature. And, to a lesser degree, man versus society.

the long grift
01-25-2008, 09:41 AM
well, this is the first year, that I can think of where it does not matter if I miss any of the main stage closers, so with that, going to supports, it would be a shame to miss kraftwerk, to see turbonegro...
i have never seen kraftwerk, and would like to, but TURBONEGRO. them and the verve, and without question, LOVE AND ROCKETS are why i am going.... so those three, take the precedence... i hate missing cool, word of mouth things, though, so hopefully, that won't happen.

JSam67
01-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Man versus nature. And, to a lesser degree, man versus society.

Hahaha

Man vs. Port-a-Potty?

PanasonicYouth
01-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Now that they moved Animal Collective to Saturday I hope they don't paly anywhere near the time Devotchka, that would suck.

UpTheJunction
01-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Saturday is shaping up to be a ball of conflicts for me. There are so many dance acts, and I have no idea how they're all going to pan out, but for now, I think the big conflicts are:
Boys Noize vs. Calvin Harris vs. SebastiAn vs. Kavinsky vs. Surkin
M.I.A. vs. Hot Chip
Roger Waters vs. Justice (if their new live show is really good, this will be hard)
Battles vs. Jens Lekman
Dan Deacon vs. Architecture in Helsinki

Mjfritts
01-26-2008, 08:43 PM
dont be stupid! you have no conflict with roger waters. trust me. go see waters. you wont regret

boarderwoozel3
01-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Hahaha

Man vs. Port-a-Potty?

HA!

pandaroo
01-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Waters vs Justice.
Ive seen Justice twice but never at Coachella so I was kinda hoping too.

nbvwes
01-28-2008, 01:41 AM
Sasha & Digweed vs. Portishead/Kraftwerk (just have Hot Chip & M.I.A. close w/ sasha&digweed ending right before the headliners)

Dredg vs. Bonde do Role vs. Flogging Molly vs. Enter Shakari (hopefully Dredg & Enter Shakari will play the Mojave back-to-back early day, with bonde do role @ sunset, & flogging molly on Outdoor during Kraftwerk if you HAVE to conflict... flogging molly on main before portishead/kraftwerk would be awesome, but unlikely)

Fatboy Slim vs. Jack Johnson (just because tent will be packed)

Black Mountain vs. Deadmau5 (i'm hoping black mountain's on main before gogol bordello, love & rockets, and roger waters)

Spiritualized being moved to Saturday... grrr... i wish they'd finalize days & release stage assignments & set times...