PDA

View Full Version : the official aphex twin rumor thread

SecretPrescription
01-24-2008, 10:04 AM
how did this rumor start. wishful thinking? atp?

either way i'd die happy if this happened

orbit
01-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Every year there are rumors about Aphex playing 90% of the festivals around the world.

Aphxtwinin
01-24-2008, 10:30 AM
they should book him and bank...cuz you know people from everywhere would come...i would have gone to ATP but i was in a financial low at the time just like i was shortly after 10am this morning

bohrdoms
01-24-2008, 04:43 PM
i asked this in another thread and only got one answe- confirming my doubts. When the hell has Aphex Twin put on a killer live show? I've one word of mouth review from like 97 and it was a sham of a show, he was basically pissing on the crowd. I've never read a review that he went all basement jaxx- i don't think the guy can pull it off out of the studio. just cause you like to tweak out to the licker video in your bedroom do you really think he deserves that much marquee in the desert?
tell me, what does he bring?

dorkfish
01-24-2008, 04:56 PM
sure..

his live shows with cunningham
his atp shows last month

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-24-2008, 04:58 PM
I heard Aphex Twin was booked under the alias "Jack Johnson"....

orbit
01-24-2008, 05:06 PM
i asked this in another thread and only got one answe- confirming my doubts. When the hell has Aphex Twin put on a killer live show? I've one word of mouth review from like 97 and it was a sham of a show, he was basically pissing on the crowd. I've never read a review that he went all basement jaxx- i don't think the guy can pull it off out of the studio. just cause you like to tweak out to the licker video in your bedroom do you really think he deserves that much marquee in the desert?

All Basement Jaxx?

I've never heard a horrible set of him, and I've listenad a lot, maybe around 100. I think it depends on what music you like, if you want him to sound like Underworld or Basement Jaxx, then probably you are looking in the wrong direction. He used to play mostly idm, jungle, and drill and bass, but lately he has been doing a lot of acid techno and even hip hop/breaks. If he plays in the US, he probably won't draw international (Europe) crowd but I'm sure a lot of people in the US/Canada would fly just to see him. Don't expect them to be 50 000 persons, though. He's not Radiohead, yet.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-24-2008, 05:12 PM

He melts your brain after skull fcuking you with his beats and makes you beg for more....

orbit
01-24-2008, 05:16 PM
He does have horrible tracks, though.

SecretPrescription
01-25-2008, 06:33 AM
if aphex twin showed up to coachella, farted, and left i'd still be happy

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-25-2008, 06:36 AM
if aphex twin showed up to coachella, farted, and left i'd still be happy

Word...but he would have to remix it too...

wildlifeanalysis
01-25-2008, 07:35 AM

You just need to see him live. The 97 show was amazing. R. James stage set up was this broke down ghetto livingroom with 10' neon teddy bears beating the shit out of each other. Also seen him a few years later DJing in London and he tore up the place. He had everyone so pumped. Daft Punk was the only other preforms that I have seen that could get a crowd into such a frenzy.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-25-2008, 07:38 AM
seriously he does make the crowd go apeshit....Did when I saw him @ ATP 2002...

jazzz
01-25-2008, 11:24 PM
if not Aphex Twin then bring on Luke Vibert