PDA

View Full Version : Here's an idea

archimme
01-24-2008, 10:56 AM
How about doing like last year with RHCP/Tiesto deal and bumping Jack Johnson to subheadliner, and adding Moby as a headliner! He got some new material coming, surely he'll agree. Whaddya say GV? Pretty please?!

brando4n82
01-24-2008, 11:04 AM
How about doing like last year with RHCP/Tiesto deal and bumping Jack Johnson to subheadliner, and adding Moby as a headliner! He got some new material coming, surely he'll agree. Whaddya say GV? Pretty please?!

Moby? puh-leease

thats a bad please if you didnt get that...

waxybk
01-24-2008, 11:11 AM
I'd be great to have Moby be a headliner if it was Moby circa late 90s. But to have him headline with his new material, at a huge festival might put me to sleep.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-24-2008, 11:14 AM
I'd be great to have Moby be a headliner if it was Moby circa late 90s. But to have him headline with his new material, at a huge festival might put me to sleep.

Yeah. I was just realizing that GV wants to put us to sleep this year. Don't get me wrong. I love Portishead and like Roger W, but all headliners have soft music, even Roger W. so everynight (except Saturday if Kraftwerk ends the festival) will end really mellow.

waxybk
01-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Well I think it's absolutely awesome that there is a lot of downtempo acts on the lineup. Some I prefer more than others. But Moby's music these days sorta makes me want to kill myself. It's so freaking dramatic. A bit different from when I head him at rave, way back when raves still happened on this coast.

orbit
01-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Well I think it's absolutely awesome that there is a lot of downtempo acts on the lineup. Some I prefer more than others. But Moby's music these days sorta makes me want to kill myself. It's so freaking dramatic. A bit different from when I head him at rave, way back when raves still happened on this coast.

What downtempo acts are on the lineup?

instinct
01-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Hasn't Moby been doing Deejay sets lately or something? Is he going be old skool?

NExT IS THE NEXT IS THE IS THE NEXT IS THE E.

nationocean
01-24-2008, 11:25 AM
here's an idea... why don't we all shit in bags instead of using the porta johns and then.. throw our bags of shit at jack johnson at the end of friday night?

sounds good to me.

instinct
01-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Yeah. I was just realizing that GV wants to put us to sleep this year. Don't get me wrong. I love Portishead and like Roger W, but all headliners have soft music, even Roger W. so everynight (except Saturday if Kraftwerk ends the festival) will end really mellow.

Even Kraftwerk is kind of mellow live, It's not like their music is really "dancey".

orbit
01-24-2008, 11:26 AM
here's an idea... why don't we all shit in bags instead of using the porta johns and then.. throw our bags of shit at jack johnson at the end of friday night?

sounds good to me.

What if Jack Johnson fans do the same at Portishead or Roger Waters?

Basskitten85
01-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Agreed get someone better than that Jack johnson son of a bitch

beavington
01-24-2008, 11:33 AM

i dont think i would ever call Portishead live mellow.
at least it wont put you to sleep like perhaps belle & sebastian did to me (although it was very nice sleepy music)

nationocean
01-24-2008, 11:36 AM
What if Jack Johnson fans do the same at Portishead or Roger Waters?

jack johnson has fans? even if all 10 of them tried to save enough money they'd just spend it on pot instead of tickets.

just saying..

waxybk
01-24-2008, 11:39 AM
From what I have heard his new album is gonna be more like his old stuff, but still realllly mellow.

gratytrainridesagain
01-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Maybe after all the stuff that happened in the campgrounds last year they decided to have a more mellow festival, after all when was the last time you've seen Roger Waters fans starting fires.

brycerosen
01-24-2008, 01:40 PM
moby would be tight, But we need a really good band