PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo...Just Made My Tix Purchase

SFChrissy
01-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Ticketbastard is a rapest...but I'm done with all of my trip planning now it's all music homework for the next 90someodd dayz!!!

brando4n82
01-24-2008, 09:13 AM
No, Congradulations to YOU!

JSam67
01-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Since I feel the same way as your thread name, I'll post here too. Feels good to have tickets to Coachella again :D

lowfront
01-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Got mine

feels great

now I can calm down a bit i suppose

microcuts
01-24-2008, 09:20 AM
So they came to what, a couple dollars more than the Glasshouse price? Basically about the same. I'm glad to have my trio of tickets finally.

coldstart
01-24-2008, 09:21 AM
And so it begins. Now I lose the next three months of my life and the next thing I know, I'm in the campground.

higgybaby23
01-24-2008, 09:24 AM
I just bought my tix and chose ticketfast through tm. I tried to print them out and was unable. Anybody else having this problem?

wakeupyounger
01-24-2008, 09:25 AM
I just bought my tix and chose ticketfast through tm. I tried to print them out and was unable. Anybody else having this problem?

DENIED

coldstart
01-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Use a different computer/printer?

tripzz
01-24-2008, 09:28 AM
I gots mine now. Now its ok Goldenvoice, go ahead and announce that Led Zeppelin and Floyd reunion now :D

SFChrissy
01-24-2008, 09:30 AM
CONGRATULATIONS...See all you cool katz on the fields of joy!!! I totally want to jump up and down and do the happy dance at work but it's a new job...and I don't want them to know I'm crazy yet!!!

Blinken
01-24-2008, 09:59 AM
I did a happy dance at work, so they now know i am crazy . . . bound to find out sooner or later.

Ill_Eagle
01-24-2008, 10:05 AM
just got my 3 day passes... so are the camping passes presale too? I didnt see an option to include the comping pass.

SFChrissy
01-24-2008, 10:07 AM
none of us have...I'm not camping but it looks like you'll have to purchase them through the normal release date and get raped again.

Derekx
01-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Just bought mine. It kind of hurts, I'm broke. Who the hell cares, I'm going!

Ill_Eagle
01-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Verrry nice.

Goldenvoice and Ticketmaster are lucky I'm in a really good mood when I buy Coachella-related stuff. lol

SFChrissy
01-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Ill...It's TicketBastard!!!

Neutral Milk Hotel
01-24-2008, 10:14 AM
*has a ticket*

*is broke*

Courtney
01-24-2008, 10:15 AM
I bought my ticket too! Woo yay!

I was initially a little disappointed by the lineup. It's hard for me to hear all the amazing rumors about My Bloody Valentine and Prince (or even lower billed acts like PJ Harvey and Okkervil River and the Magnetic Fields) and not feel a little let-down when the lineup comes out and they're not there.

And the whole lack of a pre-lineup discounted presale was also a bummer, because I guess I had grown to expect it as an option.

But the thing is, I love Coachella. I love the glorious desert setting, all the really chill people I meet, the unknown bands I inevitably discover, and just generally how attending the event makes me feel. So even if Goldenvoice wasn't able to book headliner X or Y this year, I'm still going to attend because it's worth it for me.

Now that I've made the decision and committed to attend the festival this year, I feel like I can stop feeling shafted and start thinking about all the awesomeness to come. Now I can take the time to really get to know the under-billed acts, which is the most fun of all :)

Neutral Milk Hotel
01-24-2008, 10:20 AM
In addition to all of that, I have a feeling at least some of those bands that we expected (not anyone big, but people like Okkervil as you mentioned) stand a good chance of getting added in the future.

Derekx
01-24-2008, 10:22 AM
I bought my ticket too! Woo yay!

I was initially a little disappointed by the lineup. It's hard for me to hear all the amazing rumors about My Bloody Valentine and Prince (or even lower billed acts like PJ Harvey and Okkervil River and the Magnetic Fields) and not feel a little let-down when the lineup comes out and they're not there.

And the whole lack of a pre-lineup discounted presale was also a bummer, because I guess I had grown to expect it as an option.

But the thing is, I love Coachella. I love the glorious desert setting, all the really chill people I meet, the unknown bands I inevitably discover, and just generally how attending the event makes me feel. So even if Goldenvoice wasn't able to book headliner X or Y this year, I'm still going to attend because it's worth it for me.

Now that I've made the decision and committed to attend the festival this year, I feel like I can stop feeling shafted and start thinking about all the awesomeness to come. Now I can take the time to really get to know the under-billed acts, which is the most fun of all :)

I have to completely agree with this. Last year was the first time that I went and I fell in love. The whole experience of Coachella is magical. I've always been the quiet type of person, until I experienced the Sahara. I finally had the courage to let loose and dance and have fun. I have to thank Coachella for that.

I discovered so many great bands there. I saw and heard Hot Chip for the first time there and I love them now. I didn't know such a great band existed.

I'm pretty sure this year will be just as great.

<<MATT>>
01-24-2008, 10:24 AM

I did too and called Tixbastard, they emailed me the PDF and I'm set.

Totally agree Courtney, well put.

Someone PM me the sekrit shortcut for parking back lots this year, my ave 52 roundabout path was advertised by every hotel west of washington street in 07 :mad:

let's get rich giving helicopter rides?

Basskitten85
01-24-2008, 10:24 AM
2007 COACHELLA VALLEY MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL - 3 DAY PASS Qty: 1
APR 27 - 29 Empire Polo Field (Indio, CA) Doors at 11:00AM [All Ages]
PRICE/SECTION QUANTITY PRICE EA SUBTOTAL
3 Day Pass Gen. Admission 1 $199.00 $199.00
DELIVER BY Mail (FedEx 3 Day Per Order) SERVICE CHARGES $12.00
SUBTOTAL $211.00

DELIVERY $12.00
ORDER TOTAL $223.00
DELIVERY INFORMATION

what happened to last years good ass pre ssale?

microcuts
01-24-2008, 10:28 AM
That was last year, this is this year. Deal.

Courtney
01-24-2008, 10:39 AM
In addition to all of that, I have a feeling at least some of those bands that we expected (not anyone big, but people like Okkervil as you mentioned) stand a good chance of getting added in the future.

That would be awesome, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I learned my lesson about expectations!

I have to completely agree with this. Last year was the first time that I went and I fell in love. The whole experience of Coachella is magical. I've always been the quiet type of person, until I experienced the Sahara. I finally had the courage to let loose and dance and have fun. I have to thank Coachella for that.

I discovered so many great bands there. I saw and heard Hot Chip for the first time there and I love them now. I didn't know such a great band existed.

I'm pretty sure this year will be just as great.

Aww yay this is what I like to hear. I'm also a pretty quiet person, so it's great to let loose sometimes.

Totally agree Courtney, well put.

Someone PM me the sekrit shortcut for parking back lots this year, my ave 52 roundabout path was advertised by every hotel west of washington street in 07 :mad:

let's get rich giving helicopter rides?

Thanks Matt. I'm not sure if there even are any secret back roads left, but if you find them for goodness sakes don't post it here!

JustSteve
01-24-2008, 10:43 AM

if you buy through ticketfast the tickets show up via an email that usually arrives within a couple hours.

Sigur Ros Stache
01-24-2008, 10:47 AM
got mine also...I need to go do some music learning now...here's to 2008 in the Desert!

somahead
01-24-2008, 11:04 AM

I am having the same issues. Everything seems ok until I click "View and Print Tickets". Then I am told they are unable to process the order. I have tried it on every computer in the house with no luck.

jtovar21
01-24-2008, 11:31 AM
8th Coachella here. Just bought my tickets. See you all in the desert!

aphrael
01-24-2008, 11:35 AM
It's possible that TF is having trouble generating the tickets for printing because the public sale hasn't started yet --- there may be some check in the code that validates the tickets based on a date in a table, and the date in that table could be the public sale date.

I wouldn't worry unless there are problems which persist after tomorrow.

higgybaby23
01-24-2008, 11:38 AM
I am having the same issues. Everything seems ok until I click "View and Print Tickets". Then I am told they are unable to process the order. I have tried it on every computer in the house with no luck.

I called TM, explained the situation. The rep said I should receive an email in twenty minutes or so. More than an hour and a half later, nada. Ticketbastard has screwed me again. You'd think spending around $300 on tix would encourage TM to improve its system, but apparently not. I'm sure after much wasted time and effort the situation will be resolved. I guess Ticketfast wasn't as fast as I anticipated.

rAnimatorX2
01-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Ya i am getting the same problems.. Any suggestions? Call them?

somahead
01-24-2008, 12:14 PM
I would just wait until tomorrow. Like a previous poster stated, there may be an issue with TicketFast in that the actual sale of tickets begins tomorrow. If the problem persists beyond Friday, I will be calling Ticketmaster.

rAnimatorX2
01-24-2008, 12:25 PM
word. no hurry. Still got 3 months.. Actually exactly 3 months from tomorrow!

higgybaby23
01-24-2008, 12:29 PM
After a second call to Ticketbastard, a more intelligent rep actually emailed the tix PDF to me. Phew, now I can relax. I am never using Ticketfast again, as this is the second time that this has happened.

nalfsen
01-24-2008, 02:33 PM
After a second call to Ticketbastard, a more intelligent rep actually emailed the tix PDF to me. Phew, now I can relax. I am never using Ticketfast again, as this is the second time that this has happened.

I had the same "unable to process your request" message, but the 1st Ticketmeister rep I talked to just mailed the PDF to me.

Yay, all done now, except for maybe some new socks.

braxtron
01-24-2008, 05:04 PM
WTF? I got my presale email and I go to buy some tix and they are full price! $250! I thought presale was cheaper? wasn't it $150 last year and $200 this year? Anybody know why I have retail price??

PrettyRagdoll
01-24-2008, 05:17 PM
CONGRATULATIONS...See all you cool katz on the fields of joy!!! I totally want to jump up and down and do the happy dance at work but it's a new job...and I don't want them to know I'm crazy yet!!!

I was like pacing and going through the stages of hyper craziness from 9:30 to 10:12 when the ordering was finished

PrettyRagdoll
01-24-2008, 05:19 PM
WTF? I got my presale email and I go to buy some tix and they are full price! $250! I thought presale was cheaper? wasn't it $150 last year and $200 this year? Anybody know why I have retail price??

Full price is 269 this year...

karecares
01-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Got mine and am really excited now :)

gupbuck
01-25-2008, 01:00 AM
I got presale as well. I am absolutely delighted.

It says I have a seat location - what does this mean?

alxmoore
01-25-2008, 02:30 AM
i too have bought pre-sale, here comes my first Coachella ever (Y) happy days.

now if only i could get the camping ticket.. *sigh*

Cpt. Funkaho
01-25-2008, 02:39 AM
I got presale as well. I am absolutely delighted.

It says I have a seat location - what does this mean?

Doesn't mean anything... your seat is the Empire Polo Field. It's a nice, roomy seat.

Oh, and I got my ticket. I'll be coming solo again this year- my girlfriend was planning on coming, but since she only knew 10ish bands on the entire lineup, I'm going to try and take her to All Points West instead, as I'm pretty sure that that will be a better option for her. So whoopee- I get to go to both Coachellas, at massive personal expense.

gupbuck
01-25-2008, 02:57 AM
Thank you. I am very much looking forward to my seat in the Empire Polo Field. I hear it is very roomy.

alxmoore
01-25-2008, 03:14 AM
where/when is All Points West and is the line complete!?

Californicator
01-25-2008, 09:03 AM
my girlfriend just bought us a pair of 3day passes with her student loan money. god bless her.

Harrisment
01-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Wow those tickets are expensive after all of the fees! I am buying 2 tickets and can't decide if I'm getting Friday and Saturday only, or all 3 days.

2 single day tix for Friday and Saturday = $440

2 x 3 day passes at full price = $614

$44.00 in convenience charges!?! I mean seriously WTF!?!

OUCH!

holagatita
01-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Got mine

feels great

now I can calm down a bit i suppose

that's how i feel too, lol. i was totally spazzing out and now i'm cool. = )

lostsoul86
01-26-2008, 03:21 PM
i just bought my tickets online ticketmaster ... 303 bucks .. oh plus some insurance on the tickets . like 6 $ .. looks like i wont be buying my phycology book lol