PDA

View Full Version : What to bring camping

JuiceFx
01-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Im coming from Washington (state) and this is my first time going to Coachella, plus my first time ever camping out like this. So are there any suggestions on what to bring, what not to bring, or any other tips i can get before i head down there? thanks alot peace love n happiness

jimmyrad
01-29-2007, 11:00 AM
i have never been to coachella but i have been to lots of festivals here in the UK. My advise would be bring the following items.

Tent.
Money.
Baby wipes.
Sun lotion
Sun glasses
A good hat

With these few simple items you can survive. Obviously you will want to bring other stuff but do NOT forget these items.

JuiceFx
01-29-2007, 11:11 AM
fantabulous, any advice helps!

Disco!
01-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Some type of small padlock for your tent when you head into the actual festival.

Immodium. If the toilets at T in the Park are anything to go by, you won't want to shit the entire time you're there.

A bank card, in case you run out of cash(A real possibility).

That's it for now, but read the '25 tips for a Coachella newbie' thread as well.

Domicelka
01-29-2007, 11:47 AM
That's it for now, but read the '25 tips for a Coachella newbie' thread as well.

I was just going to write that.
It's my first time too

Meadowsmeister
01-29-2007, 11:53 AM
its my first time in America, englands camping...yuck

Courtney
01-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Tent.
Money.
Baby wipes.
Sun lotion
Sun glasses
A good hat

In addition:
a tent fan
chapstick
ID
a flashlight
earplugs
a sweater or hoodie for when it cools off at night
painkiller medication like advil or tylenol
aloe vera gel if you sunburn easily

MakeItSantoriTimes
01-29-2007, 03:11 PM
im going with a group of like 5-6 people. we're bringing an assload of food would it be possible to survive at coachella with little to no money? aside from gas money... what do you think?

york707
01-29-2007, 03:39 PM
A queen size matress and a box spring. A vacuum cleaner to get all the sand out of your tent. A microwave. A generator.

grossdale
01-29-2007, 05:51 PM
bring some love and you will make it start to finish without a problem. But lots of money is a good idea to!!

Quentin
01-29-2007, 09:23 PM
It's my first time, but I'm thinking

Shit loads of water
sun block
extra change o clothes

as I recall it cold as fuck at night in deserts and hot as hell in the day...

and all mentioned.

mojomixup
01-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Can you bring bottled water and food from the tenting area into the stage area and such?

Disco!
01-30-2007, 04:56 AM
Similar to the flashlight, I know folk who have bought those old-school miner hat's with the light on the front, they said getting back to their tent was a piece of piss with it, of course they were hammered every other time so maybe that was the problem.

MarkO
01-31-2007, 12:18 AM
Im coming from Washington (state) and this is my first time going to Coachella, plus my first time ever camping out like this.

Flying or driving down ?? If you're driving, bring a couple of hard sided coolers. For food, bring something thats easy to reheat; mac&cheese or something like that. You'll need something more substantial than that though to keep you going.

Also .... baby wipes. You'll need them.

Meadowsmeister
01-31-2007, 12:20 AM
Similar to the flashlight, I know folk who have bought those old-school miner hat's with the light on the front, they said getting back to their tent was a piece of piss with it, of course they were hammered every other time so maybe that was the problem.

peice of piss = easy

traviscanada
03-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Last year I did not bring a pillow, or an air mattress, just a sleeping bag. Definatley bringing some kinda pillow/air mattress this year.

M Sparks
03-24-2008, 07:36 AM
I got one of these for $9 at Target.
http://akmasseenontvbargainstore.com/library/HWSBJ-12_F.jpg
I put 4 FLUFFY pillows in it and sucked it down to the size of less than one.

Of, course, I won't have a vacuum when I leave, but I tried sitting on them and still got them down pretty small, maybe the size of 1 1/2 pillows.

dear_amanda
03-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Like mentioned above, baby wipes are a luxury. Especially if you keep them chilled..

traviscanada
03-24-2008, 04:21 PM
I got one of these for $9 at Target.
http://akmasseenontvbargainstore.com/library/HWSBJ-12_F.jpg
I put 4 FLUFFY pillows in it and sucked it down to the size of less than one.

Of, course, I won't have a vacuum when I leave, but I tried sitting on them and still got them down pretty small, maybe the size of 1 1/2 pillows.

Wow that looks really helpful.. No targets here in Canada, but I think maybe at a as seen on tv store or something...

F00FIGHTER20
03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Flying or driving down ?? If you're driving, bring a couple of hard sided coolers. For food, bring something thats easy to reheat; mac&cheese or something like that. You'll need something more substantial than that though to keep you going.

Also .... baby wipes. You'll need them.

where are you able to reheat things?

greghead
03-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Bring a device that plays music. I have small sony speakers that I plug my ipod into. If you have the money and room, buy a canopy tent from wal-mart so you'll have constant shade all day; othewise, you're sitting in your tent sweating and hating your life.

music and shade are key. As are cold beverages. I recommend putting dry ice in the bottom of your cooler, and putting regular ice on top. Your ice will last much longer

Basskitten85
03-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Lots and lots of baby wipes......

JClemy
03-26-2008, 09:35 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16523