PDA

View Full Version : Hopes crushed

Crackerfromcrenshaw
01-23-2008, 09:20 PM
anyone destroyed that a band who they really wanted that was "supposedly" or "likely-rumored" to play but is not on that damn poster!
Goldfrapp was mine, i knew bowie and radiohead wouldn't play.

Cdubby
01-23-2008, 09:26 PM
anyone destroyed that a band who they really wanted that was "supposedly" or "likely-rumored" to play but is not on that damn poster!
Goldfrapp was mine, i knew bowie and radiohead wouldn't play.

see sig, still excited though.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-24-2008, 06:13 AM
I wonder what happened with Goldfrapp...

jtovar21
01-24-2008, 06:23 AM
Repost of what I said from another thread about Goldfrapp:

We can't see what is going on behind the scenes. There lots of reasons why they are probably not on the lineup yet. Perhaps, they are finalizing the details, and just don't know which day they are going to play yet. I am pretty sure they will probably show up on the poster sometime before the festival.

Bands pretty much get added every year. Goldfrapp's case sound much like OF MONTREAL, last year. When they had been confirmed by numerous sources leading up to the unveiling of the lineup, only to be added a few weeks later.

There's a slew of bands like this, including Iggy and the Stooges back in 03, The Hives as well, I believe.

So take that for what it's worth.

Tylerdurden31
01-24-2008, 06:26 AM
don't forget the slew of bands that got added in 06...but i'm not really complaining about this year

PierogiHead
01-24-2008, 08:49 AM
I thought I had read a few places that The Sword were going to play. I was really looking forward to something a bit heavier than usual this year, and this would have been a great addition to the line-up.

brycerosen
01-24-2008, 01:37 PM
don't forget the slew of bands that got added in 06...but i'm not really complaining about this year

Were they added because people dropped out or just to boost ticket sales??????????????????

Memorial_07
01-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Ministry
Cocteau Twins
Killing Joke
A Tribe Called Quest

My hopes were dashed although none of these were rumored

HorseTears
01-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Cracker, I share your disappointment. With that widely circulated AP/MSNBC story stating that "[Goldfrapp] hopes to launch a 20- to 25-market North American tour in conjunction with an appearance at California's Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in late April." I really expected to see them on the poster.

Cdubby has a point. There's still time. Goldfrapp just announced the first leg of their UK tour and I imagine that with their biggest audiences being in the UK and Europe, they have to focus on that market first. Hopefully it really is just a matter of working the schedule out, but I won't hold my breath.

I'm so glad I live in So Cal. If the 'frapp makes it Stateside for their own tour we know that they'll definitely play Los Angeles.

msklvr
01-25-2008, 01:09 AM
I agree with Ministry.
I agree with My Bloody Valentine.

I wanted Ministry to play "With Sympathy" in it's entirety.;)

I also was STILL hoping for Radiohead. Even though we ALL knew no...

I am bummed that Mike Patton will not be present in one form or another for this Coachella.

I kinda was hoping for a Soundgarden show, but alas, no.

It would have been nice to have Portishead Friday, Soundgarden Saturday, Roger Waters Sunday, and Jack Johnson parking cars in the v.i.p. lot all three days.

But my hopes are not crushed, for I will still have fun, damn it!

rage patton
01-25-2008, 01:14 AM
I am REALLY hoping any form of Mike Patton makes it in the line up.

John Stanier is already there... get Tomahawk to do a one off show! They havent toured in support of Anonymous at all and I wanna hear that shit live!

DrDank551
01-25-2008, 02:49 AM
Talking Heads, i know i know, very unlikely, but the rumor gave me a boner

gmoneyak
01-25-2008, 02:58 AM
I am bummed that Mike Patton will not be present in one form or another for this Coachella.

Same here.

I'm still holding on to the possibility for an appearance by Tomahawk. I'd REALLY want Fantomas to be added, but that would seem even less likely.

Boourns
01-25-2008, 02:58 AM
Asobi fucking Seksu....how much can it really cost to book them?

psycobetabuckdown
01-25-2008, 03:05 AM
I am REALLY hoping any form of Mike Patton makes it in the line up.

Agreed. On a similar note...Someone has to say it, where's Perry Farrell?

I was really hoping for Sneaker Pimps or at least IAMX. I was not expecting Radiohead, but then I was listening to my gay little local radio station Live 105, and the gay little DJ said Radiohead was rumored to play. I was like, I thought those rumors were debunked, but then I thought, who am I to claim higher knowledge than a radio DJ? Then I realized that it's 2008 and the DJ's on Live 105 still think it's 1994, so I probably do have higher knowledge. But I digress immensely; the point is my hopes were slightly raised and then crushed again.

My hopes in general have been crushed for lack of bands on Sunday. Not just big names, but looking through all of Sunday, it's easily the worst day so far. I expect a huge addition such as Underworld, Royksopp, or Chemical Brothers. Or Smashing Pumpkins. Or Serj Tankian.

coldstart
01-25-2008, 03:23 AM
Aphex Twin.

Memorial_07
01-25-2008, 06:50 AM
I agree with Ministry.
I agree with My Bloody Valentine.

I wanted Ministry to play "With Sympathy" in it's entirety.;)

I would've wanted to hear "Work for Love"
And I'm still pissed off about MBV!